/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Librarians edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

First for inclusiveness and representation.

Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars need more representation.

More traitors need to include daemon allies.

Fourth for the Fourth

Demons are pretty fucking strong. Traitor lists would do well with them.

VI-th for the XV-th

Anyone try a word bearers/tainted flesh AoDC list with daemon allies??

Seems like a nifty and fluffy way to rock em all.

Best primarch

Still waiting for Emperor Titan.
And Emperor himself

Friendly reminder that the Daemon Codex is no longer legal for 30k after 8th.

The large problem with the EC during the early Great Crusade before their reunion with Fulgrim wasn't necessarily space cancer (whatever it actually is, since it's not detailed very well), but the fact that their losses would greatly exceed any gains they could make via gene-seed extraction. With their gene supplies eradicated, the only available gene-seed they had would come from any remaining EC alive at the time. Each fully developed Marine can grow two progenoid glands at a time, one in the neck that takes 5 years to develop, and another in the chest that takes 10 years to develop. Even if they were pulling every progenoid gland available, when losses in battle range in the hundreds or even thousands, they would be losing men faster than they could grow them. And despite the fact that the Emperor loved using them for diplomatic and honorary purposes, their pride and honor would still drive them to seek battle, even if they knew they were metaphorically bleeding out in the process.

By the time they found Fulgrim there were only 200 marines left. Most of them carried banners from fallen companies, though a few companies 'numbered only a handful of warriors'. They refused to be anything less.

FW has said otherwise in the twitch stream regarding their interim 7th ed rule book.

But one of the worst legions.
Pretty much only the Emperor's Children are more degenerate than them

>degenerate
They're arguably the least degenerate traitor legion since they've deviated the least from their pre-Heresy form throughout the millennia.

Yeah, and when the lads got killed the glands might be damaged beyond recovery too.

Well it's a good think it all worked out when Fulgrim showed up. He also did one hell of a job with Chemos.

>Pretty much only the Emperor's Children are more degenerate than them
Wow, rude.

Yeah. In another battle or two, the remaining Emperor's Children would've been fighting an epic last stand for glory rather than backing off from their duty.

I'm need advice on how to build a Primarch's Chosen list with Space Wolves.
I've got enough random models that I can field pretty much anything -- that isn't a modern super heavy -- with a little tinkering. I'm looking at probably 1500 points, or maybe a series of three lists: one at 1500, one at 2000, and one at 2500.

My Leman Russ model recently arrived, so I'd like to take him for a spin.

>not putting russ on his big scenic base to maximize models in base to base

>not putting him and his doggos on 25mm bases like the ones they came with
>not painthing the bases green with some grass flock

I've been looking at 40mm scenic bases, since I also got old Russ a while back just for the lulz. I never even thought about having a primarch model, but happened to come across him, all the bits and doggos for like 30€ on eBay and decided to jump on it. There's no way those little pooches are gonna fill 90mm oval bases, no matter how much scenery you put on them.

Fun fact:
The wolves are originally from older Goblin Wolf Riders; GW/Citadel just recycled them.
Also, Dante's mask came from Balthassar Gelt.

Cool that you got the oldie Russ.

So next primarch model is Dorn. After that? I'm guessing either Sang or the Lion. They will probably want to hype up book 8 when we finally get around to it.

Probably something that can share a scenic bases with him.

What novels do I read to learn more about the white scars and what are the order

Brotherhood of the storm
Scars
Path of heaven

Konrad Curze blamed Nostramo for poisoning his legion, and the Night Lords didn't really become what their father wanted especially considering that a daemon leads the greatest NL warband.
The Emperor's Children were a nice legion with a great philosophy, but now are just a bunch of hedonists.

Thank you

Model and rules for Emperor of Mankind when?

I hope we get the primarchs with actual rules first. Alpharius.

Probably siege of terra.

>Konrad Curze blamed Nostramo for poisoning his legion
>recruit exclusively from planet full of retarded murderous criminals
>get angry when all your recruits act like retarded murderous criminals
>complain about it for 200 years instead of changing anything

I think he just is referring to their general mannerisms, strategies and tactics.

Konrad Curze was retarded, who would have thought ?

Kurze may not have been as much of a jackass as the Emperor. But he was still full of shit. Hell, Sevatar called him out on it.

>complain about it for 200 years instead of changing anything.
He did change things, though it was too late

All primarch are "full of shit". The writers didn't managed to create realistic superhuman beings. All primarch are either low IQ retards or manchildren

If you want to go nuts, Alpha Legion novella The Serpent Beneath happens before and affects Scars. It also helps to know that Yesugei was in A Thousand Sons, at Nikea.

In between Scars and Path of Heaven there are short stories Allegiance and Brotherhood of the Moon. After Path of Heaven, The Last Son of Prospero and Restorer.

Of all those, Restorer is the one I’d go out of way to find and read.

>Good solution
Organize a new administration and a strong and ethical legal system that punishes criminals and roots out corruptions
>Lazy solution
Leave a company of Night Lords on Nostramo and tell them to hunt down and mutilate every single criminal they can get their hands one
>Curze solution
Leave Nostramo to rot and then bitch when it rots

Hell, the lazy solution could even be used as part of the NL training/recruitment.

>lazy solution
>announce Night Haunter has left Nostramo
>all prospective NL recruits must spend X amount of time prowling through the spires of Nostromo (potentially other crime ridden hive-worlds as well if there are too many NLs present) completely unarmed hunting for criminal scum
>only become a marine if they can achieve Y number of 'law enforcements' that can be identified in some manner as 'theirs' (perhaps assigned some manner of sigil for identification)
>all other recruits are fair game

What I don't understand is HOW it could have backslid seeing as it was a major imperial recruiting world. Surely just the presence of a space marine legion would keep order?

It was poor writing.
Nothing about Nostramo makes sense. It should've been far wealthier than most of hive-worlds due to their resources.

Indeed. Same goes for Perturabo's world. There's no way Olympia would have rebelled.

Nostramo is basically Detroit in space. Despite what it had, it collapsed due to massive corruption and violent communities

Oddly enough Space Detroit actually makes a lot of sense to me

Which primarch is this even supposed to be?
He's wearing black armour, so that narrows it down to Ferrus, Corax, and Lynn Elgonsen, but two of those already have models and there's no fucking way this is The Lion.
Could it be Dorn going through an emo phase?

Deathwatch I think. That's what image search brought.

Babies first troll.

I really hope this post is a joke.

Anyone got an updated link with the last few HH novels? Anything after Master of Mankind. Sitting in a hospital waiting room, could use some distraction.

That's clearly Deathwatch

>mkVIII armour
>on a Primarch
Forgeworld is really slipping.

>Blalantly trolling

>Deathwatch Marine from the Inquisitor 54mm tabletop game

If you're going to try and troll, you could at least pick some tastier or more convincing bait. A 16 year old stock-build model isn't going to work here.

>Nothing about Nostramo makes sense.
Especially how one man, even a genetically engineered demigod, managed to spook an entire planet into lawfulness. If I'm on the other side of the world why would I give a damn that some gang members got mutilated? He's just one dude. Even working 24/7 he couldn't put a dent in a hive world like Nostramo.

I agree, I should model some and count them as Alpha legion

warhammer needs some kind of trans-demi-poly-multi-trapkin

but he's not "just a dude", he has precognition and other psychic fuckery in addition to being impervious to the kind of harm a baseline human can dish out without heavy weapons

death watch capt artimis? lol

>6-7e codex not legal for 7e game

Daemons don't even have 8e codex, just the Index.

In addition, aside from taking place over many years, when local rumors go from "Local gangbanger fashioned into a set of tea cozies" to "Church leader slaughtered in front of thousands", it sends a message.

It also helps when you need almost no rest, can perform literally superhuman feats, can murder the fuck out of anyone on the planet (from the lowest of the low all the way up to the rulers of Nostramo) on a whim, and no one on the planet knows how to actually stop you. Plus, you forget, this is a planet where people grow up living in constant fear of one another and what can happen to them in the dark, as well as a universe where the average human tends to be superstitious.

Matrix of Ruin 3000
beefed out Archmagos Reductor(chainfist and a billion upgrades)
Axiarch with pfist and photon gauntlet

2 x 20 man Peltast Phalanxes, Hammershot, Triaros DT
2 x 3 man thallax squad, destructor, multi-melta, melta bombs

2 separate vulturax

Macrocarid with irrad+volkite, flare+ceramite dozer etc
3 man Myrmidon Destructors, all with imploders
my list has 455 points left to spend, not really sure what to do with them

-2/10

So I'm guessing the Axiarch and Archmagos are going with the myrmidons in the macrocarid. Anyway you really should look for more AP 2 the peltasts rely on rending which even with preferred enemy is pretty unreliable, and the myrmidons are an extremely close ranged unit (which is why I always go for thrusters).

Since you aren't using all four heavy support slots I would recommend using your remaining points on a thanatar and/or some medusas. You could do some foot slogging myrmidons with photon thrusters or even some techpriest auxilias with conversion beamers depending on how much LOS blocking terrain you tend to use.

Another option is to use usurax (which are generally unfluffy for ordo reductor) who have the advantage of being strength 10 in assault so you can ID almost any enemy warlord or troops including two wound terminators and custodes. The nice thing is that you could buy 7 with your remaining points, drop 5 Justaerin or custodes the turn you charge.

>ordo Reductor with no artillery
Grab some medusa and a plasma thanatar

If you can find five points somewhere that's exactly enough to add a battery of three Medusas, which is pretty much what you need to capitalise on all that short-range dakka. Buy them PotMS and Siege Plating plus maybe a secondary gun to absorb Weapon Destroyed results and enjoy having three much better Vindicators that can split fire everywhere while moving 12" and being Shaken. Also, drop your Dozer Blades, you're OR, you have better ones built into Walkers In Ruin so it's a waste.

He is primarch Artemis of the expunged XI Deathwatch Legion.

It's irrelevant.
He's still only one guy. It wouldn't be possible to punish all those people without help.
He would need to travel a lot

Plus, murdering and torture in public is not really a weird thing in our world, but nobody decided to behave better because some dude in Africa was burned alive for stealing

Nah, it's totally possible. All you need to do is wander the planet at walking pace, carry a scythe, and have a lot of patience.
>lord mortarion, is there not a better use of your time than this?
>no, no, this is clearly the optimum thing for me to be doing

What armour was more advanced Mk IV or Mk VI?

I pity you.

Knights-Errant use MkVI.

Depends what you want.

>Battery of three medusas
>Overkill for every situation
>Short range
>Only takes 20 BS 4 lascannon shots to be nearly guaranteed to kill

Now if you instead suggested dropping the macrocarid an give the myrmidons a triaros I could get behind taking three medusas, each in an independent squadron. Alternatives just take a war machine detachment of whatever tanks or artillery you like.

Most technologically advanced armour.
Best auto-senses, best life support etc.

Just use Mk X.

We call it "gorgon pattern" round these parts, boy.

What weapons are available two-handed for MkIII? There's the heavy chainsword, but anything else?

Why Curze don't have jump pack of any sort and is Jump Infantry?

He's twitchy.

he jump good

He's intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.

>intelligent
heh

He flaps his skin cloak
It functions like bat wings

>tfw to inteligent to make your planet not a shithole

>not using the wrong you're
3/10 meme harder next time kiddo.

My understanding is this:

Mk.II Crusade. First power armor.

Mk.III Iron. Modification of Mk.II. Less mobile, with much heavier frontal protection. Higher maintenance schedule due to weight of extra protection putting strain on parts.

Mk.IV Maximus. was the most advanced during the Heresy. Basically what power armor was intended to be all along. Being that, it was less easy to repair and get replacement parts for.

Mk.V Heresy. Stop-gap to provide some level of power armor to Astartes during the war. Worst protection of all, exposed cables and fiber bundles, less advanced systems, but works. Presumably very easy to repair. Presumably less advanced than Mk.II even.

Mk.V Corvus. (came before mk.V, but not in full production/adoption). Alternative to MK.IV Lower weight, energy signature, and quieter, but slightly less protection than Mk.IV . Similar level of advanced systems and sensors as Mk.IV.

Mk.VII Aquilla. Combines the advanced nature of Mk.IV with ease of production and repair. The latest and greatest. Only available at the end of the war, and only to those legions who raided mars for the suits before the Siege (IF, BA, WS).

Mk.VIII Errant. Slight upgrade on Mk.VII. Slightly better protection and systems. Presumably slightly less easy to make.

So to answer your question, they're probably similar.

>Mk.III Iron. Modification of Mk.II. Less mobile, with much heavier frontal protection. Higher maintenance schedule due to weight of extra protection putting strain on parts.
You forgot that it's also best armour.

>Similar level of advanced systems and sensors as Mk.IV.
Nah, corvus was said to have better systems & sensors - it's not just the sneakiness that made it good for recon operations. As for protection, iirc corvus wasn't as THICC in places as maximus, but had better failsafes in its systems.

>MkVIII

Also the most advanced ballistic augurs.

What is the best source about astartes armours?

Go back in time and buy the collector's edition 7e Space Marine codex. It came with cards that had latest fluff on the different armour marks. From what I've seen in fuzzy images online, it's mostly the same stuff as in the original Space Marine Armour WD article.

Second Edition, either the Wargear book or one of the SM codices (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, or Angels of Death). Can't remember which.

Pretty much of all modern 40k's foundational fluff was codified in 2nd edition, especially in relation to primarchs.
A bunch of stuff is hinted at in 1e, and the Horus Heresy is first mentioned back then, but 2e is where we actually see it in its modern form.

Speaking of the Emperor's Children, holy shit someone painted Fulgrim so he doesn't look like he's fucking yodeling.

Why does 'eavy metal suck at faces?

I just finished reading Flight Of The Eisenstein, and I'm not sure where to go from there. Do I follow the reading order on BL website, or that flowchart on Wikipedia?