Weeadorfs

There seems to be a lot of weebshit on Veeky Forums lately. But from all the fapbait and garbage, there is one thing that intrigues me: Japanese themed dwarfs.

Instead of runes, it's kanji. Instead of GRORIOUS NIPPON STEEL it's GRORIOUS DAWI STEEL folded a hundred times into the perfect Ax-tana. Sake instead of beer, ancestral shrines instead of straight up ancestor worship. Seems like a really interesting premise. Anyone else wanna build on this or think of a good way to implement this game without it looking like weebshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What you're looking for is the Koropokkuru.

Too small

Is there any rape yet? Why isn’t there any rape nowadays?

Was your rape expectations raped by slice of life of goblin slayer.

You'd run into the problem that Veeky Forums wouldn't like them for switching out Scottish fighting drunks with disciplined honor-bound egomaniacs ready to seppuku themselves at the drop of a hat.

I was working on something similar but with orcs instead of dorfs, though less folding over a thousand times and more taking cues from oni and such.

It might actually be interesting to take that Nipponization and spread it to every race sort of how like Japan does with western fantasy.

I was highly disappointed. I wish the protagonist would die so rape can prevail.

>That knee pad

Japan's contributions to western fantasy are all shit. Dwarves are no exception. They come in two flavors, tolkienen and fake loli. If you want to do the whole "realworld culture but they look like fantasy race x" thing, it's fine, but I don't think there is much to discuss there.

>implying

>Japan's contributions to western fantasy are all shit.
Nope, pic related. Also OP wants japanese dwarves, not dwarves in japanese media

I'll give you vampires
but brown drow, dogbolds, loli dorfs, videgamey worlds outside of videogame settings, and all pictured are hot trash.

But none of those things are pictured

Is it just me, or does Japan fuck up dwarves less than they fuck up other cliche fantasy races?

The word "and" is used to mean "in addition to", including the subjects of the images in the list even though they are not explicitly mentioned.

Ok, but having a shit taste is not an argument

Shit taste is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, I wasn't making an argument so much as posting my unsolicited opinions to encourage OP to post how he would do jap dwarves.

The main problem I see with such a thing is that the theme for both Dwarves and Japanese society contradict each other.

Japanese culture values a sort of elegance and grace and subtlety.

Dwarves are more utilitarian and care about making incredibly large statements about how great they are, either through large fortresses or large weapons.

I think it'd be easier to make Japanese-themed elves over Japanese Dwarves.

Chinese Dwarf vs Mongolian Orc

>Japan's contributions to western fantasy are all shit

I would say Samurai Dwarves would work better than Japanese Dwarves.
Like said, certain aspects of japanese culture are pretty fucking gay and wouldn't exactly fit with your average dwarven society.
That said, the samurai (or rather the most military-related aspects of japanese society) do seem to fit better when it comes to dwarves.

>japanese dwarves
>not islamic dwarves

>There seems to be a lot of weebshit on Veeky Forums lately.
Gee, I wonder why a website dedicated to anime would have fantasy anime on its traditional gaming board.

>a good way to implement this game without it looking like weebshit?
Actually learn about Nip society.

Forgot my pic.

Who would want islam in his escapist fantasy? That'd be like demanding anime waifus behave more like real women.

Dwarf Wars has Japanese themed evil dwarfs. Just make it so that they have underground rice paddies and you should be fine.

I always figured that japanese dwarves would be more craftsmen and caprenters since the iron quality in japan kind of sucked and the mountain folk are extremely industrious.

>Who would want islam in his escapist fantasy?

An MRA?

What does islam have to do with gender equality?

Someone who wants to murder mudslimes in his setting.

>Short
>Intense dedication to their crafts
>Strong sense of tradition and honor

Nips ARE dorfs.

Wtf is this meme about Japan having shit steel? How tf would they create a sword that could slice through a tree if they had crappy steel?

FOLDED A THOUSAND TIMES

Weebshit GTFO. You shipped that on 2 other threads already.

That's the point of folding. You have a small amount of good metal with more easily available shit metal folded over itself to keep it from breaking. End result is a quality weapon made from shit material.

You will probably not believe me but I didn't know that thread existed when I posted that pic.
I found the thread a while later and was surprised by the coincidence.

>Japanese culture values a sort of elegance and grace and subtlety.
Well that's what I'm talking about. How to bend the two societies together so the stuff that normally wouldn't mesh can blend together. Like that carving kanji to invoke power in place of runes(dwarf) or sutra(Japanese)

Both are hyper-traditionalist hyper-industrious xenophobic short people who value family and honor over life itself. The only difference is seasoning.

I didn't say shit steel, I said pig iron.

Japan didn't have blast furnaces to make steel easily, they used bloomeries for the longest time, which was extremely inneficient for making steel, because of this they learned how to make the most with their steel, which was second best in the world, behind india, but europe was still first in production and utilization.

S O U R C E
O
U
R
C
E

Nectar of the Dharani.

Thanks amigo

Boku no reverse image search

Exactly.

/a/utist get out. You were to slow and the reverse image search doesn't find a match anyway.

>It starts out as your typical isekai
>Suddenly tits
>Suddenly breastfeeding
That...escalated quickly.

Guys, I read OP’s stuff but they stopped having rape. Why did they stop the rape?

Speaking about which, isn't Corruption of Champions technically isekai too?

Technically, but isekai is a bit more than just going through a portal to another world in my opinion

It's from the same author than Seikon no Qwaser, the one about christians with chemical elements-related powers who get their source of power from sucking titties.

Such a waste of quads, considering "isekai" literally translates to "another world". So going through a portal is enough to qualify.

youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

But isekai means literally that: being sent to another world.
The thing is that isekai is so generic that people already associate a series of cliches with it (RPG system, OP protagonist, adquiring skills, slaves, etc) but it doesn't matter.
Even Narnia can be considered isekai.

As I said, it's technically isekai. But it doesn't revolve around using knowledge from the other world, or a loser living a power fantasy, or really mention your homeworld after the opening scene. It's missing all of the tropes you would expect. It's like calling hancock a superhero movie.

>It's like calling hancock a superhero movie
It kind of is, just that it's about "what if Superman was a cynical drunk hobo"

There is no definition of what consitutes an isekai story beyond "being sent to another world". Those are just a bunch of cliches common between the most generic stories in the genre.
Isekai can be a lot of things, it can be "loser gets reincarnated and uses knowledge from his past life to acquire power and slave bitches" and it can be something like Gate where you have the Japanese Self-Defense Force invading a fantasy world and wrecking shit there.

Matrix is reverse isekai

I know a lot of Amerilards were upset about that. I wonder if that'll change now that based Abe-san wants to change the constitution to allow Japan to have a big and stronk military.

They were butthurt because there is a bit where american, russian and I don't remember what other country's spec ops get REKT by a magical loli.

If there's no connection beyond going to another world, then there wouldn't be a point to it being a genre. That be like calling memory loss or mistaken identity a genre. Just like there's more to fantasy than a fictional setting and more to scifi than science, those common tropes are a part of the genre.

It's doubtful it it can be considered a genre, it's more like a tag.
Again, there is no requirement for something being isekai than someone being sent to another world.
If I wrote a story about a Space Marine being sent to the Star Wars universe then it would be isekai.

This is a positively archeological troll.

Well this went totally off topic

Most nips can't hold their liquor.
Dwarven society being soul-crushing enough to justify *that level* of escapism sounds interesting though.
Would their legal system be as much of a shitshow?

Here's a western story that conforms to all the expected isekai cliches.
It was one of Gygax and Arneson's main influences when making D&D.

Alright, five chapters in and I'm legit having fun with this. Thanks again for the sauce. It's unironically pretty interesting, even discounting the tiddies.

Mayhap you'd like

Truly uncanny

> Anyone else wanna build on this or think of a good way to implement this game without it looking like weebshit?

Weebshit is half the reason I enjoy nip rpgs.

>Weeb dwarf thread
>OP has goblin slayer
>thread is a dumpster file of fetishes, /v/, and memes
>No good weeb dwarves despite it being Veeky Forums
What the fuck is going on around here lately?

This. We need more rape.

Fine, pull your pants down and bend over.

>As I said, it's technically isekai.

I think for an isekai to be an isekai you need the contrast between the two world's perspectives. One of ny biggest gripes with CoC is that we don't really know anything about the "home" realm, and your character really never shows any hesitation in the contrast between worlds. An isekai series only works with the "japanese buisnessman" commentary on the new world, which CoC lacks.

Fuck you, pig orcs are nice

Just make them bigger

But user, I didn't say mutual consentingsex.

You are not going to enjoy having your butthole removed.

Careful user, this is Veeky Forums. There might be Slaanesh cultists.

He will not be able to take it in the butt if he has no butthole