Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1835: Electric Dreams Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Q-hxVPIbJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do T-1000s disguised as edgy teens make good Jumpers?

Literally fucking everyone uses a sword. Spears are superior for that reason, because you're doing something different.

A Wild Rurouni Kenshin Query Appears!

For the Perk, Honest Work, it mentions that a Trade needs to be chosen and the Jumper will have five years' worth of experience in it, so would something like Homesteading work?

Basically, while I produce enough of what I need in my daily life, any extra stuff I produce I sell to directly to people.

Reminder that Hal Jordan is so dumb that it takes him nine tires to remember to write his own god damn name on checks he's cashing instead of "Green Lantern". And he doesn't even erase the failed attempts (say, with his magic matter-altering ring powers), he just crosses them out while leaving them clearly legible.

Incorrect. Literally fucking everyone goes "oh, spears are so much better than swords", meaning that at this point it's actually the subversive thing (at least here on Veeky Forums) to acknowledge that swords are cool by using one.

I feel guilty for having so many companions that I can't have them all out all the time; is there any solution to this besides taking fewer companions?

Comic continuity is self contradictory and that is an old comic.

That's silver age stuff.

>because you're doing something different.
Honestly that's terrible reasoning. No one uses flip phones these days. Guess I'd be superior for using one, huh?

Disguise?

Weapons are weapons.

The only ones that matter are the ones best suited for the situation at hand.

Spear-fighting indoors is suicidal, you'd rather have a knife or short sword, for example.

>pic
That looks cool. What is it?

I love spears, seriously they are wonderful weapons. But I use swords for the cool factor and because I train sword irl.

Plus swords are down right iconic.

But thats why I have a gate of babylon knockoff, I make lots of weapons.

Yes but if you use that example that makes spears better anyways because spears are always superior.

It looks like the time Hal was a New God.

Go to 9 to 5 or overlord and leave them there, take turns picking them up between jumps.

I hear that, but taken to the natural extreme, the best weapons are of the shapeshifting variety. Why even bother choosing?

I see what you're implying, but Terminator isn't really edgy.

Yes, and? It's still part of his character in spirit, Hal in all his incarnations is an idiot who just happened to luck into the one job in the universe where his moronic stubbornness was a good thing.

Bronze Age, actually. That's from a post-Crisis comic.

>eats fire and water as a horse

Ignore normal companion rules and just have as many out as you want at once.
Have a pocket dimension or something attached to the warehouse where they can hang out since that technically allows them to be active.

Its what happens when you combine a Mother Box with a Green Lantern Ring. You get Mother Ring & he became New God of Light.

Ironically they're probably doing better during the crisis than Marvel is doing right now.

So does The Sanctioned Action from Kill Six Billion Demons only work partially when using a non-sword blade weapon, such as a knife or a spear? I thought the jumpmaker said it'll work with any bladed weapon, but the perk makes it seem like that would reduce the effectiveness.

So just in case, what perks would let me use powers that only work with one type of weapon with another type of weapon?

Exactly. Which is why it always pays to have at least one shapeshifting weapon in your arsenal.

I handcraft the rest because I'm a weapon junky and I love thinking up different types of weapons with their own capabilities.

>You get Mother Ring & he became New God of Light
Do this y/n?

Katanagatari has something like that for 400 cp.

I use a sword, but I attribute it more to laziness on my part. With all of Jumpchain at my disposal, I was given the choice of any weapon in my imagination, and I said "Fuck it, just give me a sword."

Does that make me cool?

Yes.

Cool.

They also beat swords in the weapon triangle, unless you're up against a Lancereaver.

From the look of things you'd have to be ready for whatever Hal is going through. So maybe.

The "superior" choice is just to have one of every weapon type on hand at all times. Though, I have to choose one that isn't my fists to be my "signature" weapon, I'd probably go with a cleaver, or some kind of small axe or tomahawk, just to be contrarian, more than anything.

That being said, a personal favorite weapon strategy of mine is to pull that cliche samurai thing where they unsheathe, cut, and re-sheath in the same instant, except I use an unseen pocket dimension as my "sheathe" and do it with impracticably large and overdesigned "swords" like pic related.

Hey NuBee, how would you get the ability to do things like pulling off your head and attacking with it like pic related in the Cuphead jump? Or the thing where his skeleton just jumps out of his skin?

And would stuff like Cala Maria's petrification just be an application of The Most Remarkable Magical Abilities?

I'm kinda ashamed that I'm really enough of a weeb to find this picture unironically awesome.

get the Nomanisan Island from the Incredibles and/or the archipelago from Moana and have them live there

The sword manual advises you to get a straight sword six hand spans (five and a half kret) long. It only mentions that sabers will do fine too, and that spears, staves, and clubs are peasant's weapons the author isn't familiar with.

So, everyone of the two people who use it, use swords. It's designed for swords.

But I'd say anything bladed would work, because the weapon isn't important, nor is the wielder. The only important part is the action of Cutting Down Your Opponent. As long as you can do that, you should be able to use it.

Plus, the author is a drunk who lives in a barrel.

Question for Valeria for the Assassin Scenario of Fate/Grand Order for the teaching path where the Assassins do the job themselves after we teach them. Could we also use power lending or would that not work?

>using weapons beyond your own body

That's also true. Still, not a drunk you'd want to underestimate.

>Using physical force

Swords and spears have different purposes in battle.

>not channeling your magical and psionic energies through your body along with your ki
>not striking with your mind, body, and soul all at once

>having physical form

Swords are better real world weapons, but fantasy spears are commonly more powerful

>needing to channel your power through your body
>Not exerting your power through pure will to alter the world so that your wishes already came to pass

What are some powers or combat techniques that have temporary weak points?

Tonfas

None that come to mind but... Why would you want that?

Too non-fatal, they were adapted from farm implements as weapons by peasants, true, but they're not the best at killing. It's why asian police used to use them. Now, if you stick a blade to it...

Doubt she's around right now with timezones and all that. You should probably ask something like that later.

How bout now?

>peasant weapons

>Not having a weapon for every occasion
Mongrels

Yeah, sure, throwing your swords around like an idiot is "wielding a weapon". Get shrekt, whore of Babylon.

>implying that strategy hasnt worked
Keep trying to trace Caliburn to beat Berseker, I can do it without breaking a sweat

>lookatme! I’m a giant golden pussy
Git out “““““““King””””””””””” of babylon

>Swords are better real world weapons, but fantasy spears are commonly more powerful
Everything about what you said is wrong.

And yet you got killed by a literally brain damaged human in highschool.

Hit a nerve mongrel?

Hey that Brain damaged human had plot armor, not even Ea can counter that

Much deadlier.

Reminder that Shirou in the first two bad endings gets reduced to a living head and is tortured for all eternity, and thats just before he meets other servants.

Excuses excuses excuses.

Go on and beat that highschooler with your puny sword then

THANKS SOLOMON!

Oh? Tell me more.

Doesn't the upgrade for the shapeshifting perk allow that?

youtu.be/2Q-hxVPIbJU
Shirou only survived the three routes and avoided a fate worse than death by pure luck and Avalon.

>Not having a weapon with multiple forms for every occasion

Anons, I was thinking about maybe making all the remaining Zelda jumps. In light of that, which Zeldas do we have finished jumps for besides Minish Cap and I think Wind Waker and who has an active and recent claim on any Zeldas?

I was thinking that each would have a be Link drawback and a continuity drawback with series that share a Link. So it'd be:

LoZ/AoL (unless you think they should be one jump, interested in hearing)
ALTTP/LA/OOA/OOS (OOA/OOS will be one jump)
OOT/MM (Separate jumps because of different realities and very different themes)
PH (If Blade consents)

I would do the rest too (ALBTW, PH, SS, ST, BoTW, TP) they simply won't have continuity drawbacks unless someone has an interesting idea for implementation. The remaining games, so Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Triforce Heroes, and Hyrule Warriors, probably won't get jumps unless I can get my hands on them.

If I actually accomplish this and feel adventurous I could also do The CDI games.

>weapon with multiple forms
Where can I get said weapon?

What's a good naming scheme for members of a race of gigantic cavernous psychic sort-of-sapient crystal things that exist outside reality, and form symbiotic relationships with sapient species which enable them to feed and move throughout different realities, both of which are necessary to spread their progeny?

Prove it

Daft cunts.

Use whale names. Orca, beluga, blue.

Sperm.

I'm uncultured swine so the only places I know would be RWBY and Monster Hunter.

>they simply won't have continuity drawbacks
Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks takes place in that timeline's future.

Oh wait I forgot Bloodborne. Is there a jump for that?

I listed PH in my post, and the problem with ST is that it's far into the future. Continuity would mean the setting could be entirely different.

Yes.

Which shapeshifting upgrade would that be? Because only the Debtor capstone sounds like that, and it doesn't really allow you to do much more than have four different "stages" like the bosses do.

> all the remaining Zelda jumps

>OOA/OOS

This pleases me

>Multiple forms, one-time import
RWBY
Lyrical Nanoha
That one crossover fanfic
Seven Deadly Sins
>Multiple forms, adjustable
World of Cultivation
>Shapeshifting
Akame ga Kill
King Arthur (flexible Enchant purchase)

Anyone familiar with the PS238 setting know if FISS is resistant to magic, or if they have superman-esque weakness to it?

Black hitler?

Different user. I think they mean the Dose of Rubber Hose 200cp version.

This should be posted more often.

Maybe they have two names.
The first would be a unit designation describing their lineage and universe of origin, and the second a short description vaguely describing their personality or behavior.
>82z7d19a7, Homicidal Mendicant
>99c3s56e1, Asclepius Slattern
>17b0w11o2, Artistic Debaucher

Luka?

I would assume 'no' since it says you can't grant them any new powers.

>TP) they simply won't have continuity drawbacks unless someone has an interesting idea for implementation
Dude TP Link is a DIRECT decedent of OOT Link.

THE SS DINDUNUFFINS
THEY GOOD BOYS

WE WUZ NAZIS

That can't be it though? Because that just lets you apply the perk to your other forms too (which is still really nice, granted).

That would be awesome. If you do make an OOT jump, I hope you have a perk tree based on Ganondorf, since that game was him at his best. Hell, one of the timelines is the way it is because he actually won!

>Dude TP Link is a DIRECT decedent of OOT Link.
See Most of the jumps will definitely have backgrounds based on the three triforce wielders, where they exist.

>Luka?

No, it's seems similar in terms of art style and concept, but Luka is purple haired and much shorter. Though, it's not unreasonable that this artist stole the idea of the whole sword made of angels thing. I just grabbed this from some artist on Gelbooru, but it was tagged as original, so I'm inclined to believe it's not actually from anything.

Ironic how Hitler looks more handsome as a black man.