Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Guess who's back edition

>White Dwarf preview. Tyranid stuff mentioned, Necromunda stuff.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/27/november-white-dwarf-preview-welcome-to-the-underhive-oct-27gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for reminds me of dark tow-

Juggernaut or Blood Throne?

Because, shitty material or not, this is a god tier sculpt and you should respect your elders you uppity fuck.

Repostan from last thread. How are Arquebus Rangers? I'm arming 2x5 Ranger squads and wondering whether I should dump the 50pts into them or just leave them stock. Sniped anything interesting?

The pocket railgun does look pretty damn sweet.

I'm not against it I just bought one I was just wondering why it seemed odd to me.

>Boyz S4
>Catachans S4

Primaris should be S5

Wait are Sentinels really only 35 points?

They're $30 a box for fuck's sake

I think they're quite good.

I think 3 in a 10 man squad is better.

This is the list that Lawrence from TT came up with.

Soup is cancer and being able to take two Primarchs and a Knight in a 2k list is retarded. The battleforged/detachment system is utterly broken, and barely different from open play.

>The Screamer-Killer screams while it kills and kills with it's screams

The Imperium has struck an official alliance with the Eldar, at least the Ynnari and Ulthwe renegades.

Now can you justify why the Imperium hasn't formed an alliance with the T'au yet? The Imperium themselves admit that the T'au when they make deals and treaties will generally honour them (however, they will lawyer the hell out of it). So there is no excuse for the Imperium not reaching out for the T'au. After all, they need each other.

as a daemon,no. as a gunliner, yes

Non-modified humans should not be S4.

>sign up for local campaign
>start painting up a storm
>still have so much to do
>getting burnt out something fierce
>remember I have characters to do
>PANIC
>anxiety rising
>less than 2 weeks left
I MADE A MISTAKE

Because if it ain't pink, it ain't right

No one likes Tau.

>Ulthwe renegades
what

You think that's bad, FW used to 5 Tech-Thralls for like £35 and you needed 10 minimum to make a 35pts. unit.

Also, does that 35pts. include weapons?

Why would they bother allying with a tiny fringe xenos empire ? They would only make the risky decision to trust an alien if there was a big payoff.

> I MADE A MISTAKE
I decided to paint my Strike warriors with subassembly, cut them all loose and forgot to get the paints...
I do.

Versus a Guard player who has not taken a bodyguard you can oneshot his officers and commissars from across the board.

Transuranic Arquebuses are literally why Ogryn Bodyguards are a thing.

The Tau are actively taking imperial worlds for their expansion. Eldar are just flying around defending what they already had.

Eldrad was exiled from Ulthwe and told to GTFO under pain of imprisonment or death.

Because the T'au are on the other side of the galaxy and basically confined to that one territory. And also the AdMech hate them and would be pissed if the Imperium tried to ally with them, and pissing off the AdMech is probably the number one fastest way to collapse the entire Imperium immediately.

If you destroy a Wave Serpant, can the dudes inside use the Soulbust? I mean, they're off the board when the tank dies, but on it an instant later, and I suppose from a "IRL" point of view they were IN it.

The T'au are a power to be reckoned with and the Eastern Fringes , if you noticed, are full of Necrons, Tyranids, and the forces of Chaos (chief among them are the Death Guard).

The Imperium/Ultramar needs an ally more than ever.

oh i was thinking about the altansar eldar during 13th black ruseade or something

>The Imperium has struck an official alliance with the Eldar

RAW, the embarked models are placed on the table before the transport is removed, which should trigger SB.

Its just a silly thing. Cover saves are rarely given out seeing as most time even one model in the opening seem to remove a cover save entirely.

>basically confined to that one territory

Not anymore. Remember that an entire Expansion Sphere fleet (sectors conquering worth of T'au men and assets) have been sucked into the Warp and will reappear somewhere else in the galaxy.

Eh, works for me.

I'm honestly unsure, but that's my interpretation. Regardless, Ynnari are for fucking faggots and you should feel bad.

yep, gotta have swathes of area terrain on a base or a barricade to get cover on the move

i think gw has a surprise waiting for tau but i don't know what kind of

You kidding? I can't even SPELL their damn name half the time. I certainly don't own any. But someone last thread posted an Eldar list that had multiple dudes in a transport and I wanted to know "If I popped that transport to deny army mobility, would the warlord inside zapp my ass with psychic powers?"

>You lived to see the day Nids got a good Codex

EAT SHIT CRUDDANCE

>Bioplasma
>D 1
Stay btfo bugfags

Even in an edition that is kind of good for CC Range armies still have a decent advantage. Which is sorta the way it should be.

>I think 3 in a 10 man squad is better.

Really? I mean, I'm using 2x5 so as to fill more Troops slots, but even without that I think multiple squads stack up favourably. Good to hear they have uses, is that a pay-for batrep or can I get a look at it now?

Pros for 2x5:
>1 more Special Weapon, less wasted meat
>Can get two lines of sight down the board to root out characters
>2/3 Troops for Batt detachment
>More fodder to bait out enemy deployments, since Admech armies will probably not go first anyway

Cons:
>Units more squishy for VP scoring
>Less meatshields
>Have to buy two Omnispexes
>Can't daisy-chain yourself to buff auras as easily

Tau are still worthlessly small, hate the Imperium and allying with them would lose the Imperials a lot of diplomatic pull with the Admech, probably enough to reverse their recent tithe increase. That tithe increase is stripping more systems bare to fuel it than the Tau empire has full stop and is a hell of a lot more usable by the Imperium than a grudging alliance with some random xenos who have extra-slow FTL and their own set of problems.

is there a reason to put heavy weapons other than shuriken cannons on guardians, war walkers, etc yet or is the shucannon pretty much still the way to go?

Supposedly they can unless I'm missing something

terrain rarely slows down cc troops so it's good

>caring about bio-plasma on a melee bug
It's just a little bonus you shoot before charging.
>exocrine bio-plasma is 6 shots D2 and can fire twice with no gets hot, literally best plasma weapon in the game
Ahahah I ain't even mad.

What a fag. Bob cuts are indisputably the best female hair cut

But who's holding the gun to robin's head to make him play nice with nids while he writes the rules?

DRINKS ARE ON ME, BUGBROTHERS

Only for old ladies.

>0% body fat

Pete Foley, Jes Bickham, the playtesters, Phil Kelly...

Or they just didn't let him write the book in the first place this time.

>Tau are still worthlessly small,

The text literally says that if the Imperium and T'au ever set aside their disagreements and allied, they would be an unstoppable force in the galaxy. Imperial stupidity prevented a glorious future of jolly cooperation.

rei is best waifu

This edition is about as good for cc armies as last edition. You gained a lot more reliable deep strike, but also a lot more ways for ranged armies to fuck with you in combat, considering all the restrictions on consolidation moves.

Regardless, ranged armies will always have the advantage as long as turns are alternating instead of simultaneous.

That guardsman is about to die, but I don't know if it will be before the eldar

>considering all the restrictions on consolidation moves.
what's this

t. homosexual

farseer my ass

No thanks

U WOT FAGGIT

>All the possibilities for the Made to Order release alongside the Codex

instead of getting to move to cover, you have to move towards the closest enemy model.

Chill out grannyfuckers.

I'm scared guys

you have to end your move closer to the closest enemy model

this allows for trickery

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if they put up metal Hormagaunts for Made to Order I will cum until by balls and my wallet is empty.

How are Bullgryns with mauls? I want to put some in my vanguard detachment. Which shield should I use?

For an army such as Khorne Daemons the only way i am getting deepstrike is if i keep my army in reserves and pretty much summon them all to the field

Not as much as you would think, considering your opponent, if he is any good, will position his units to prevent that trickery.

Hahahaha no.
Tau tech isn't exactly designed to be churned out by the trillions and their forces need a lot of close support, plus their lightspeed is so unimaginably shit they couldn't actually make it anywhere meaningful in time to help. Their empire is what, 100 worlds tops, most of them colonies? Even their major septs are smaller than Hive Worlds and they can't benefit from the economies of scale that Forge and Agri-worlds provide. Any alliance would take centuries to get to a point where anything helpful the Tau have could be implemented meaningfully across the Imperium, and in the meantime the Admech would declare holy war and annihilate the Tau.
Also, Chaos might actually take an interest in Tau tech, at which point they're fucked because they have no idea how to hold it off and they have FAR too many AIs.

Yeah, daemons got the commissar treatment. Or I guess commissars got the daemons treatment.

Stay mad gayboy

>S7
>looks like this
damn so good

>Hahahaha no.

hahahahah yes. Imagine the production power of the Imperium backing the T'au advanced technology. Nothing would stop that unholy alliance.

So I'm tired of people calling my fluffy guard list waac, and refusing to play with me. I'm switching to tyranids, since they seem to be in a good but fair spot. Any recommendations on things to pick up on the cheap?

It'll probably get better when they actually get the Daemons codex. Hopefully

>happy bug noises

Wait til we have more info, you might not want to do that just yet.

AI can be corrupted by chaos

>Likes short man hair
>Calls others gay

There are far less restrictions on consolidation, you have to end nearer the enemy is the only new restriction, but you tying up other units counterbalances that by far.

I wanted to make an IK list with 3 knights, and some Skitarii with an enginseer, 2 neutron crabs, and a squad of vanguards.

Is that a dogshit lost or could it work for 2k?

We did it lads, we survived the dark ages.

Almost 8 long years.

Don't mean to derail, but anyone subscribe to TT? Is it worth it?

Fuck you bandwagonner : this is my happy little treehouse, not yours !

Then why haven't the Necrons been corrupted by Chaos on a large scale?

goddamn that carnifex looks hard

>paying money to watch warhammer
Come on now.

You are counting your chickens pretty fucking early right now.

i don't know

They've got a soulless aura.

I subscribe, I can't say its worth it, since that's subjective.

But I enjoy everything they do and get a decent amount out of it. Plus it supports decent people who make good and varied battle reports, unlike crap from people like MWG or Winters who's posting his 700th Space Marines vs Ad Mech battle report.

and computers don't?

>waacfag gets mad when people call him a waacfag
>decides to jump ship to next Codex after info tease
>thinks no one will notice his waacfaggotry

No.

>Imperial stupidity

And Tau got a boner for galactic domination, so how about not putting it all on the Imperium?

No.

>Paying hundreds to play a game

how do computers have souls in 40k, but actually living beings with robot parts don't?

>Carnifexes get 3 separate datasheet variants and ALL of their biomorph options in the kit do things again
>-1 to be hit with ranged weapons and +1 to hit rolls on the charge
I don't know, this is pretty fucking hype all by itself. Combined with the playtesters constantly saying this is the codex they're most excited about this year, and GW saying pretty much the same thing, and Crud not being mentioned anywhere in the article, the future's looking pretty bright.