Where do Space Marines stow their magazines for their guns?

Where do Space Marines stow their magazines for their guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HzNRbWzcMdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what serfs are for.

+++Thought of the day: Faith is my ammunition+++

In the pouches that they put around their waist.

More importantly, how would that Storm Warden reach his sword?

In their chainsword.

I'm pretty sure that one of the implanted organs gives them an extradimensional space in their asses.

magnetic clamps

also this

Space Marines don't reload.

I read some fansite that was full of really dumb things, but one I did like was that space marines had pouches in their backpacks. So they'd reach behind them to their left side, or the right side of the guy to their left. Reminded me of a phalanx

Up their ass.

I've always like the fact that you can have tacticool Marines with webbing and shit. I could totally see a marine with that one type of webbing where the magazines slide out from a round a spring loaded thing on the belly.

And then you have a marine from the same chapter bedecked in Arificer armor wielding a sword and shield as well

>magnetic clamps
Don't do this IRL
It magnetizes the metal of the magazine, and can make it stick to things unintentionally.
Sometimes it can even prevent a mag from dropping free.

In books, they talk about how they store them on their belt and straps attached to their legs. Very rarely shows up in art and never on minis

>Very rarely shows up in art and never on minis
the plastic kits have alot of different pouches and all that jazz

There's a reason the pauldrons are that big.

Electromagnetic Clamps that turn on and off when close or far away from one another, then.

.....i don't think electromagnets work the way you think they do

WarHammerspace of course

Caseless ammo.

Polymer mags.

In their guns, stupid.

Electromagnets turn "on and off" depending if they have a current running through them or not, have a sensor next to them and when its near the other sensor it runs a current though it.

But when they are on they are no different than a normal magnet so will magnetize things attached to it just the same.

The magnet is not on when in the gun, user.

Did you never use a magnet? If you attach it to something the thing itself becomes a weak magnet for a while, which is what is saying

Its an Electromagnet, it can be turned on and off. Do you honestly believe a semi-weak, little electromagnet just for holding something in place is going to charge the entire mag?

I think the pouches have magnets, not the mags themselves.

Even MORE importantly, why does he have a second set of pauldrons stacked on top?

That's a quirk of the models actual arm, it helps with posing and whatnot cause you can fiddle with the position of the pauldrons when you glue it on.

Funnily enough we have an artwork here that shows a pouch, just one that looks comically small compared to the size of the magazine loaded into the boltpistol.
Three or four of these in a more appropriate size should be a more sane apporach though, should at least last him a little while before he has to resupply at the next Rhino or something.

Yeah but what purpose does it serve in-universe, aside from simply being additional armor?

Oh its the same in canon. They just glue the pauldrons on.

It's the part where the chapter serfs install the bigger pauldron to and I vaguely remember one excerpt saying that the smaller bit also raises or lowers the second larger bit so the marine can actually see past his own shoulders.

First of all AR's are aluminum which is non-ferrous and secondly aks use a rock and lock system to seat their mags so in both cases (your 2 most common types of rifles) a magnetized mag wouldnt effect anything. So please stop being retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=HzNRbWzcMdg

I originally thought that the vents on the bottom of the Space Marine backpack were dispensers for that kind of thing

magazines are, in the real world, usually reused.
using magnets on a magazine repeatedly will magnetize them.
if space marines are like the guys we see in video games and just chuck their magazines away, then i'm sure they'll be fine. if they're like their real-world counterparts they'll still have the same problem.

using a magnet on something made of metal repeatedly will turn that metal thing into a magnet

They dont. EVERY BATTLE EVER in the 41st milenium only lasts a maximum of six rounds, then one side declares itself the winner and the other side surrenders. Because of this, marines only need to carry 12 shots each (or 24 for storm bolters).

Speaking about backpacks, why said backpacks are so rare in the primarchs? The only ones I can think who wear then is Guiliman,lorgar, Ferrus and maybe Sanguinius.

I thought bolters were designed to take anything into the ammo feed, grind it into shot, and fire chunks of that.

What? No, bolters are the opposite of that. Fiddly, expensive, maintenance-heavy weapons that are barely more effective than lasguns.

Shit, going by FFG rules, I'd be bother cheaper and more effective to outfit space marines with autocannons as standard.

This is probably based on the fact that one of the original og design team supposedly once said that the little rectangles sticking out of the rtb01 marines backpacks were originally intended to be bolter magazines, but morphed into vents during design/casting. Not sure how true that is, especially since they included spare magazines in the sprue's accessories.

Because they wear unimaginably expensive and hand crafted suits of armour that have all that shit built in.

Well sure, still makes one why Guiliman uses one then, but its not important.

because guillimans current suit was built mre recently with the modern less advanced tech and has much more expensive life aupport functions. so it needs a bigger power plant and shit.

My bad, I meant the one he uses in the unremembered empire and the "guiliman in space" image, i forgot about the armour of fate. Is that armor where roboute has two claws not canon?

under their shoulder pads

>underrated

no, although weirdly that sort of how 2nd ed lasguns worked. The current description of how needlers work is derived from it

Bolters are significantly better in fluff, capable of exploding heavily armored foes with one round and easily taking down enemy tanks with concentrated squad fire. They are supposed to be so ridiculously powerful becsuse that's the only way to justify having serfs handcraft every single shell. Astartes Bolters are a significant cut above what guard and sisters can get and reportedly pulverize the arm of a regular human using it.
But GW has traditionally been complete shit at representing fluff on the table and FFG is both noncanon and retarded.

Pouces and mag-lock.

A better question is where they keep their plasma bottles.

>plasma bottles.
What?

Ammo for plasma weapons. If I remember correctly, they're canisters full of plasma.

>they're canisters full of plasma.
They're full of hydrogen.
The gun heat it until it reach plasma state.

Ah, I thought said energy weapons are just powered by the backpacks.

The lascannon is.
Not sure about the heavy bolter and the plasma cannon.

They get their energy from the backpack, but plasma guns do consume ammunition when firing. They still need a tank, they just don't need to fiddle with batteries on top.