>his setting doesn't have consistent naming conventions for NPCs
>his setting doesn't have different names for deities in different cultures
>his setting has an Aztec-'themed' nation
>the Aztec-'themed' nation is of a bizarre race like winged arboreal octopuses
>they still dress up as jaguars and shit

>consistent naming conventions for NPCs
I like this.

>different names for deities in different cultures
I like this when it's they're basically amount to slightly different spellings or pronunciations

What if my setting features places/artifacts/people named in actual Latin? We're all language or history majors.

>his doesn't

> desert people speak dog arabic
> common tongue is dog english/latin
> northmen speak dog slavic/german
> "exotic" cultures speak dog chinese/japanese

> his fictional alphabet is just a 1:1 replacement of English letters with scribbles
> cares enough to make a language but doesn't even make a grammar or orthography

Let me guess: tavern keeper called Cicero, guard captain called Tiberius, tavern wench called Agrippa, random street urchin called Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. Yeah, no thanks.

>inb4 hurr guess i'll just call em bob and dave then right? xD

>his fictional alphabet is just a 1:1 replacement of English letters with scribbles
Literally DnD 5e. It still triggers my autismal rage to this day, and I'm not even ashamed of it.

>he doesn't develop conlangs for the different nations in his setting
>he doesn't write out abugidas and scripts for them

>I like this when it's they're basically amount to slightly different spellings or pronunciations
I dunno, man, Allah and Jehovah are pretty different spellings and not even similar pronunciations.

>not just representing all languages in your setting as English with insultingly-stereotypical accents
>not representing all text-based writing as English with different fonts

Pleb please

Ooooh, he said it!

Anyone else getting this double-click bug?
I've gotten it twice in 2 days, but never before.

2 seconds on wikipedia

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah#Etymology
The word is thought to be derived by contraction from al-ilāh, which means "the god", and is related to El and Elohim, the Hebrew words for God.[6][7]

>The word Allah has been used by Arabic people of different religions since pre-Islamic times.[8] More specifically, it has been used as a term for God by Muslims (both Arab and non-Arab) and Arab Christians.[9] It is also often, albeit not exclusively, used in this way by Bábists, Bahá'ís, Indonesian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews.[10][11][12] Similar usage by Christians and Sikhs in West Malaysia has recently led to political and legal controversies.[13][14][15][16]

>Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[19] The corresponding Aramaic form is Elah (אלה), but its emphatic state is Elaha (אלהא). It is written as ܐܠܗܐ (ʼĔlāhā) in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ (ʼAlâhâ) in Syriac as used by the Assyrian Church, both meaning simply "God".[20] Biblical Hebrew mostly uses the plural (but functional singular) form Elohim (אלהים), but more rarely it also uses the singular form Eloah (אלוהּ).

>having written language
>having any language at all
>not having a player party of no-personality killers who never talk IC and just farm XP and gp.
Wew, time for 9fag to leave I think.

>desert people speak arabic
>common tongue is english/latin
>northmen speak slavic/german
>"exotic" cultures speak chinese/japanese
>his fictional alphabet is just English letters

what the fuck

Thou art a bigus fagus, OPUS.

northmen will speak arabic
dessert raiders speak queens english
islanders speak Greek
common tongue Swahili
dead language is Japanese
lizardmen speak latin

>lizardmen speak latin
Stopped reading here.

yeah you usually stop reading at the last sentence

>sentence
Stopped reading there

I feel bad that I named one of my more exotic nations after a roman emperor but, I feel confident that the culture and aesthetic is much more developed.

Dwarves speak French
Elves speak Southern accent

>Southern accent
do you happen to have forgotten this is an international site? What southern accent?

So you don't want the next game to be in the Caninus Imperium then?

Lepida adsumptio, frater.