Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Pass the salt Edition

>White Dwarf preview. Tyranid stuff mentioned, Necromunda stuff.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/27/november-white-dwarf-preview-welcome-to-the-underhive-oct-27gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Siege of Baal never happened. We invited the nids over for a nice cup of coffee that is all.

got a question for the marine players; Squad markings and painting marines in codex company colors, do you guys do it?

Is a Death Korps of Krieg army fun to play ?

Squad markings are a bit difficult buy i try. I do do Company Markings.

I do.

Seems like morbid guard

No.

No Guard army is fun to play.

>take 10 years to do shooting phase
>fun
Pick 1.

And it was quite splendid, my dear friend. Many thanks for the warm invitations to your hearth and home!
Say, next time you find yourself near the Andromeda Galaxy, you're very welcome to come stop by our place, one of the assimilated species there makes an excellent homebrewed coffee, you must try it someday!

Any word on Codex: Craftworld pdfs or epubs yet?

Reminder, Siege of Baal would have been super boring with just the Tyranids.

Its out today you nigger.

Calm down.

Reminder that Siege of Baal 1 was fucking kino

Macragge was way more interesting and didn't have Daemons in it, so actually, no.

>guardfags btfo over conscripts and commissars
>nidfags soon to be BTFO when they get CRUDDED once again

Veeky Forums used to have a codex book cut, scanned, and uploaded within hours of the official release. Sometimes even hours BEFORE the official release.

Veeky Forums used to get shit done.

Except for that shitty Sisters sub-plot.

Macragge was interesting because it wasnt contained to a single 5 paragraph entry in the rule book.

I was pretty happy when the lictor finally killed the sister superior after getting btfo'd for the gazillionth time.

>Macragge was way more interesting

No it wasn't.
>Look out Ultramarines, hungry bugs!
>Wow, that was tough, but we have triumphed.

Boring.

>he thinks the Nid Codex isn't going to shit all over Death Guard

which hellhound variant is best for my sole chimera
everyone says not to take it as a transport

I too could be a retard who shrinks down a whole lengthy multi-faceted battle with back and forth maneuvers and strategies into two lines, but I'm not a child.

You sound really salty about the fact that Nid lore is more fun than your dudes.

>everyone says
Fuck what everyone says, run it as a chimera if you want it as a chimera, fucking slam some bullgryns in there and deliver them to facefuck the enemy.

Reminder that 80% of the Blood Angels chapter was eaten by 'nids and replaced with Primaris-sue's.

Prediction that Blood Angels codex will be filled with more Cawl-shit in furtherance of GW's plan to squat every marine thing that's not trademark friendly.

Statement that i'm glad I moved on from marines a few editions back.

>Best Technology
>Best Aesthetic
>Best Tanks
>Best Waifus
>Best Named Character
>Best basic Soldier
>Best Sniper
>Best Infiltrators
>Best Monsterous Creatures
>Best God
>Best Worlds
>Best Lore
>All in plastic
>Invented Primaris Marines
>Second largest empire
>Runs the Imperium
>Has Sisters, Guard and Space Marines around their fingers
>Has ALL of the Titans

>The Dark Mech is the exact same, but replace imperium with Chaos

How can other factions even compete?

>andromeda
Speaking of, shouldn't Andromeda have collided with the milky way by 40k times, or would it still be on a crash course with no survivors?

>make chimeras with flamer turrets
>magnetize lasguns so you can switch them out for fuel tanks

I’m surprised no one is talking about the changes to Dark Reapers. They were already one of the best units in the codex. They’ve now got to be the best heavy weapons unit in the game point for point.
Per model they’re a whole 11 points cheaper than a missile launcher Dev, plus they always hit on 3’s which is absolutely huge considering -1 to hit is everywhere now. I don’t get how they had such a drastic points decrease when they were easily the least in need of it.

>How can other factions even compete?
transports

>need to work on 14 Plague Marines

How best to do it?

Batches of 7? All at once? I'm thinking of doing base colours, and then steps on one model and moving on till that colour is done. So leadbelcher, zandri dust etc.

somebody screencap this!

They're quite good yeah. So are rangers now desu, at 12 points a model, I'd take loads.

I just got back after dropping out during the first few months of 7e.

What the fuck boys.
My army list jumped from 1500pts to over 2000pts without me actually changing anything. Is it even possible to run a drop pod army now, let alone feasible?

Who the fuck formatted these codexes to be as unreadable and annoying to flip through as possible? Why the fuck are points on the last page and completely nonsensical?

The entire thing read like an advertisement. Which it was.

>shouldn't Andromeda have collided with the milky way by 40k times
that's not set to happen for ~4.5 billion years

Only proves that we don't need them

I will try to make my way in that direction if i ever find my crusading taking me anywhere near it.

>My friend Guilliman says it's cool
That's the equivalent of someone getting caught doing human experimentation and saying that they got permission from George Washington

Not at all, Nid fluff just isn't fun, it's always mindless attrition fighting, which is boring to read.
I'm anti-salt because the Nids got deleted by Ka'bandha and Guilliman and I don't need to read about them anymore.

Never read it, but remember being upset that SoB didn't get any fucking rules or formations in the book. However, I am not the least bit surprised they were used as Piccolo.

Dude, the sun turns into a white dwarf in about 5 billion years.
Andromeda colliding with the milky way occurs about half a billion years after that.

The time scale of the universe is freakin huge, 40k is a blip on the radar.
For fucks sake, even the goddamn WAR IN HEAVEN is a blip on the radar on a universal scale.

No, drop pods are shit-tier this edition. There is literally no unit worth paying 100 points to deepstrike, Not to mention that dreads can't take them anymore

What are the best 40k books? I have 6 audible credits and need to use some before next week.

Yea. Realized after I posed that 38,000 years ain't shit for celestial time, though it would probably be more visible at least.

>My army list jumped from 1500pts to over 2000pts without me actually changing anything. Is it even possible to run a drop pod army now, let alone feasible?
No. They were cancer and now they're justly dead.

>Why the fuck are points on the last page and completely nonsensical?
They're kept separate from the datasheets so they can be updated in the balance patches more easily, and if by "nonsensical" you mean "doesn't retardedly only do things in multiples of 5 so that you might as well just divide the whole system by 5", yeah, they fixed that, it actually uses the full granularity of the points values now like it should.

savage

>because the Nids got deleted by Ka'bandha and Guilliman and I don't need to read about them anymore.
HAhahahaha nigger that was one tendril of one fleet, there are whole new Hive Fleets showing up now.

Night Lords Omnibus is my recommendation.

>Nids got deleted by Ka'bandha
I am full of salt because of this. I would rather of been squatted than have the Blood Angels Worst enemy save them.

as a Mechanicus player, well played, laughed heartily.

Yea. I'm tired. See
Admittedly, I thought it would be funny watching the imperium lose their shit because of an encroaching galaxy, but that's not a thing.

Depends. I liked Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan, but if you aren't interested in Eldar then it won't really be worth the read for you. What armies do you play?

Primaris - Cawl - Dark Imperium lore is shit and you have shit taste if you like it.

Shit taste detected.

So the points can be granular and easily changeable without needing to alter the full data sheet.

Savage, I shed some tears while laughing as an AdMech player. Well played, user.

I want to get into 40K. It just looks so daunting from a financial standpoint.

You and I both know they're not gonna update shit, FAQs never do anything big with points costs, they just clarify rules. They just made the book fucking impossible to read and violently annoying to try to list build without paying for their fucking epub.

Either that or they really believe everyone will 100% back their insane power level style of play and forgo all semblance of balance. It's fucking garbage.

Right, but they're no longer important to the story as a Blood Angels player.

Why?

>th-tha-that wasn't even the real attack! you havent seen our full power!
nidfags in denial kek!
just wait till Octarius where its revealed in the 120 years since the Cicatrix Maledictum the Nids there have become a slave race to the Orks, lower than gretchin.

>plague Marines

get some fly paper, wait til you have gotten 14 flies. pick them off and hollow them out carefully to use as helmets. then, cough up loogies and snot into a bucket for a week, and then toss the models into them to stew for at least 24 hours.

take the end result out and spray them down with some sorta clear hardening spray to keep all the goop in place and protect it from further aging and degrading.

that last part is optional.

Thoughts on a list like this? Basically a mix of Nurgle Daemons and Death Guard, focussing on the daemon key word.

Nurgle Daemons. Some heralds, a great unclean one. Nurglings to annoy enemy with deployment. Summon some plaguebearers. Maybe beasts and stuff too.

3 plaguespitter Bloat Drones. Becomes 6d6, S7 flamers with a heralds buff. With a daemon prince with the warlord trait to allow them to reroll wounds too. Maybe Mortarion as well.

Maybe plague roomba and plagueburst cralwer too?

The funposting in this thread laughing at carnac the day the new codex drops full of new lore by different writers than the last two shit books where tyranids utterly rape through half the galaxy is going to be a sight like never before.

I don't know about you but datasheets were fucking cancer in their 2e incarnation and they rightfully died a death with nobody lamenting their loss.

As a CSM player, why shouldn't I fill as many rhinos with 5 man havocs as possible? Currently, I think my only limitation is the number of weapons, but I can easily use my cache of Volkite as plasma, which should be 30 because I should have enough for 3 10man terror squads in HH.

I'll look into it.

Dark Eldar, but I like most all of the factions. Once upon a time I had heard that there were some series that just stood head and shoulders above the rest, but I never really looked into them. I've got credits, nothing to read listen to, and figured I'd finally get around to some of the better 40k books.

The SOB was a pretty cool story IMO, actually.
They were defending a planet with massive tidal surges that would move around the planet, and the locals lived on huge walking cities to stay ahead of the tide. They even had their whole local religion and shit explained, and featured some tension between the very strict canoness and the locals very loose belief in the Emperor.
The battles were pretty dope too, Nids rained down droppods by the millions until the ammo ran out. The sisters then evaced all the civilians, while holding the nids in place long enough to be engulfed by the oncoming tidal wave.
Fucking DOPE imo.

>Admittedly, I thought it would be funny watching the imperium lose their shit because of an encroaching galaxy
KEK that would be amazing, imagine the admech trying to come up with an ordinatus to counter an oncoming galaxy

BRUTAL

You can get a small ~500 points list by usually buying a Start Collecting! Box of the army you want to play if available, they are around 50-60 bucks each I guess. Most if them are a good value.
Books n codex you can poorfag off the thread man.

>just wait till Octarius
Tyranids are getting their codex before orks. It's pretty much guaranteed they win the octarius war.

hahaha, utterly btfo.

Yeah Rangers are crazy as well.
The nonreaction to the Eldar codex changes seems so odd in comparison to the screeching about how supposedly waac IG are. Although I never faced conscript spam so ymmv.
Ynnari lists are already dominating my area, the new codex is gonna make them incredibly difficult to beat.

That man had a family!

>You and I both know they're not gonna update shit, FAQs never do anything big with points costs, they just clarify rules.
They've literally errata'd entire special rules to function totally differently within weeks of books coming out, and there is a yearly book coming up that updates points costs for 40k now, get with the program you out of touch faggot.

Unless they give the Nids characters they'll still be boring.

Might as well go all the way if we want to summon him.

try ebay. if you're lucky, you can find things half off or better. still a bit of money to put down, but better then buying directly.

dont say that

Cap requested. Would do it myself, but it's too damn late to get out of bed in Britain.
Admech is still best faction anywhere it's managed to robowalk too, though.

>Implying best boy Ghazkhull would lose to bugs

>Why?
I dont know user. Maybe because he is known for causing the Red Thirst to manifest. He nearly killed Sanguinius single handedly. You know minor legion history.

Nope, Tyranids were outright stated to be a lesser threat than Chaos and what you continuously post was established before which makes you a pathetic fool for sperging about it now.

Chaos is superior. That is all.

New Canon > Old Canon

I missed these

Anyone notice this mistake in WD in the October issue? I can't read French so it could be intentional but it appears they accidently printed this caption in French in an English print.

He is here

Okay, that's not an explanation for why you'd rather have your army squatted though.

Its great knowing you're only a shitty paint meme bait post away, carnac.
Makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside, knowing that I can rely on you shitting up the thread with on-topic content if we ever happen to get a huge /pol/ shitfest again

How did the BT even make it to the assault without dying in the first place?

Pity

Except that you haven't seen what's in it and 8th ED sources already said that the Tyranids are inferior

Those were great.

I would rather have lore saying they fought nobley to the last man but were finally overrun by the Swarms of nids. I would rather have this than "LuL your greatest enemy magic poofed the hive ship away"

10/10

Don't worry, user. I will gladly point out how the Tyranids, and by extension, you are inferior.

Why? A swarm of faceless goons is a poor way to go. Living on to fight a major nemesis is way better.

I mean the Sanguinior Already Bitch slapped Ka'Bandha during Shield of Baal i dont need anything more.

>Sperging
I see someone's projecting again.