Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Female Dwarf Edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous Thread:

First for beautiful female dwarves.

hi Veeky Forums im new to warhammer (coming from creative assembly's fantastic game) and I've been reading the wiki a bit, but I was wondering what happens to the bretonnians who are kidnapped? like the magic sensitive ones who get taken?

The girls get sent back as Damsels, after being taught Magic. The Boys become magical knights, ala Lancelot, and they serve as the personal Guards of the Lady.

Please no shitposting. In case of genuine question: We have little informations on this, some might get sacrificed. We know that Wood Elves can do that. That's it.

We have this discussion a lot, there are a few options:

The one I prefer is a bit of lore where they are said to be taken by the Lady and turned into quasi-Grail Knights called the Lost Sons of Bretonnia. It's the only clear bit of lore on the subject, but it's also considered flimsy by some anons since it was published in a magazine article or something.

They could be sacrificed as part of some magic ritual for Orion.

Some bit of lore out there hints that they're used as servants. And there are /ss/ memes. You should not take those seriously.

Or you could make a nice bit of headcanon.

Is anyone else seeing the Border Princes running an absolute train on the badlands in mortal empires?
Valmir has handed Wurzag his ass repeatedly and looks like He’s not stopping there

>but it's also considered flimsy by some anons since it was published in a magazine article or something
It was a black library short story written by someone, forgot the name unfortunately, that aside from that only wrote 40k stuff. One should feel free to dismiss it for his own headcanon.

How bad is Araby militarily speaking?

In my game, they've invaded Averland and then began fighting Clan Skyre after splitting estalia and tilea between them and the Skaven. Then they ran into the Old Worlds No.1 Power Couple, and their french friend. So they don't exist now.

they crash galleons into port cities

just about as bad as anyone compared to the mary sues of chaos

What BL info is canon and which are not?

The things you like are your canon.

And that's fair - but I haven't really gotten a headcanon that surpasses the idea of fey Lancelots riding creepy kelpies.

I haven't actually seen them. The map is big as is. Right now I am playing a clothique campaign establishing high elven trade outposts in the old world.

old BL is not canon, the more recent BL is canon

effectively the authors are allowed to write whatever they want and overwrite old canon as they see fit

Veeky Forums prefers to ignore whatever they don't like and then write fanfiction which they claim is canon

Are there any Norscan necromancers? Like ex-shaman outcasts that defile their ancestral barrows and tombs? What relation would one have with Chaos? Complete opposition, 'cause death magic or something? Refresh my memory if you can be bothered on whether necromancer is all based on Khemri vampires and shit. If so that'd be hard to jam a Norscan who learnt necromancy in the bounds of his own homeland.
I'm thinking about a converted VC army that exchanges Grave Guard models with modified undead Chaos Warrior models, normal skeletons with added Marauder decals and bits, etc.
Also mechanically, what would be recommended for that fluff list (if lore-feasible)? No vampires obviously, 1000 points is my thinking.

Like Ogre kingdoms out of fucking nowhere?

>Grave Guard models with modified undead Chaos Warrior models
Oh that's really a good idea! Added bonus that all you'd need would be a warriors of Chaos box and skulls for head. I'd imagine that pic related on a warrior body would look ace.
Oh and the unit could work as Warriors of Nurgle aswell.

normal skeletons with added Marauder decals and bits, etc.
Now that would be fucking neat! If you use shields from both skeletons and marauders you'll get a nice mix of debilitated and more pristine ones, size wise their quite similar. I'd definitely greenstuff some furs on them if I were you!

With a bit of greenstuff or a head.swap you could turn a terrorgheist into a undead manticore.

Blood Knights could obviously be made as undead Knights of Khorne, just give them a headswap and perhaps a skeletal arm or two.

Dire Wolves doesn't even need fixing to look perfect as zombie warhounds.

And this soon to arrive-fella' would make one hell of a Wight King BSB. Allthough then again Krell is literally an undead Khornate Champion and perhaps the best looking model that GW have ever produced.

Crypt Horrors could just be an assortion of large beasts such as trolls and spawns.

Can someone give me high elven names for Mousillon and Lyonesse?

Do the High Elves have elven names for human cities in general?

Pro:
>unambiguously positive fate, way better than what they'd have had without having been taken
>a speck of noblebright in the Old World
>Bretonnia gets some lore that's not being the Wood Elves' bitch
>Pre-8th ed Wood Elf Bitch canon, and thus better
>Phil Kelly

Con:
>Has nothing whatsoever to do with the magical abilities that got them taken in the first place
>Slightly conflicts with the 2nd ed WFR Bretonnia book that says that sometimes the children get given back as the Lady's servants were mistaken

That's more than good enough for me; thank you, knows-pleasant-lore user

According to the creator of Warhammer, canon is what your local community uses because everyone should have their own army and you should run campaigns.

According to GW when WFB was squatted, who the fuck cares, buy more models.

According to GW now, its just whatever sells.

I disagree, Josef Bugman and Gotrek holding up Grombrindal is the best.

Bret cities were built on Elven ruins, whereas Empire ones weren't.

welves kidnapping and raping shotas

Not all of them, but I am fairly certain that L'Anguille at least was once known by a High Elf name. But that was when it was a High Elf city, you know? It'd be like claiming London was still its Roman colony by the 1600s.

Marienburg was elven city where Hellebron was born.

Anyone else here playing Return of Reckoning? I did briefly, but I didn't have a group so I couldn't stomach past a certain level.

This is the Skaven Scribe.

Say something nice about him.

If he was put onto a battlefield, he would probably kill many High Elves.

He would make an excellent trophy

Also Shadow of War is basically Skaven Clan Simulator 2017

CUTE

So there's Skaven that sing before fights?
The only thing stopping Nagash from leading Skaven is that he didn't try?

WoC graveguard's a good idea, although the different base sizes might cause problems. In all honesty at 1000pts you don't want graveguard desu, they're just not cost efficient.

Try big blocks of inexpensive infantry with one or two hammer units. Don't go overboard with characters.

Knights of Chaos as Black Knights works well though, for obvious reasons.

1000pts of VC are really difficult, you get countered v. easily by Empire. I don't envy you in this! Look into Undead Legions list from Endtimes for new goodies. Happy Halloween

look at the base size, there's no way it's fitting on a 20x20. It's like GW trolls its fanbase with making a few cool AoS models and then makes the design unwieldy for 8th edition.

He's the cutest Skaven I have ever seen.
9/10 would pat.

How do chaos warriors and chosen get armor when they live in a wasteland?

Norscans and Kurgans have armour smiths, but there are also the Chaos Dwarfs who work metal in exchange for slaves and the Chaos Gods themselves.

You have to go back shill

Posting pics from armies on parade this year

Wait, is that a Space Wolf in the back?

Actual scale to the miniatures, too.

In the spirit of Halloween I was wondering something. Are there any stories in WHFB (or 40K if you can think of any) that are genuinely creepy or contain an element of horror? I've read some Black Library books with some messed up shit in them but nothing that was out of the ordinary for either setting. Every example of horror in Warhammer has been stuff that's pretty commonplace, like a named character's background, the very nature of the Warp, etc. Is there anything you've read in an army book, novel or anywhere else that was legitimately unsettling to you?

The only other one was an AoS skaven board

Norscan native armor is mostly furs, leathers, and mail, and it seems to be an honorable profession among them.

I imagine most Kurgan armorsmiths are enslaved Cathayans. I don't think it's elaborated on, but we know the Kurgan make extremely heavy use of slaves.

Or you can stick him on a piece of cork cut to overhang the base a bit at the top like 40k players do. Or better yet put one foot on the base and one on a rock in a pose like the Strigoi has.

Not really. Almost all Chaos stuff is actually more emo than horror. Vampire stuff fleshes out the characters, but is exclusively pulp.

I think the closest you'll get is books about Goblins. They get unsettling at times.

Still no news of WFRP 4E?

report back and tell us how it looks

People do that shit all the time.

If the Skaven made it into orbit, does that imply there's a Skaven Mission Control?

For real, was looking the other day and I couldn't find shit besides maybe q4 2017
I'm really hoping for some stuff that supports treasure hunting and other fun stuff in Lustria cause I'm too lazy/inept to homebrew all that shit in 2e
I guess it'd be simple enough just ripping the stats from other monsters and shit on a basic level, but I'd like to see it done well

Wood Elf Bitch canon?

Some of the Genevieve stuff is pretty decent at being ...Not exactly horrifying but maybe sorta spooky?

Fuck all. Cubicle 7 only has 'muh lotr' tweets.

Bretonnia is now the WElve's bitch. Their whole nation has been dancing on elven strings since the time of Gilles.

Much butthurt flows from the 3 people who play them.

Bretonnia exists as a way for English developers to poop all over the French for being pompous, backwards assholes.

I like their take on the Skaven. Less like an apocalyptic horde and more like a bunch of insane, brain-damaged gremlins. They're almost likeable.

I'm surprised they even allowed them into the shop on square bases.

If anyone is interested Warlord Games sell an updated 'citadel castle' but it's expensive as fuck for a complete set.

I used some FW Skin Wolves as my crypt horrors. I fucking hated the crypt horror and ghouls models, they look like utter shit.

No Bretonnia exists because you can't have a Fantasy setting without knights in the 80's.

Bretonnia really existed because back in the day GW made a line of historical minis for a Hundred Years War style wargame, and then that fell through and they threw the sculpts into Warhammer Fantasy. The fact that they've managed to grow beyond their purely historical roots at all is a minor miracle.

Only thing in warhammer that has ever truly unsettled me was this one description of Skaven breaking into a Lizardmentemple and finding a Slann mage priest in deep meditation, and while the slann is slowly waking up, only half-conscience they begin to eat him. Just tearing into his stomach. I think it was the end times, a pretty disturbing thought being eaten while you are waking up.

Also Phil Kelly.

I miss this game so much

There are also Norscan dwarves.

Missed thread, buddy?

I found the Ogre Kingdoms old army book story about a Bretonnian knight who went to go kill ogres for ze lady, but gets torn apart pretty spoopy. Maybe it's because of the art - the 'ogre' portrayed looks like a gorger.

>krell
>good
Krell's model is shit. That axe too big for his tiny hands kill it completely

Not all of them. Only the coastal city are.
I think i remember that either l'anguille or bordelaux are Tor Alessi, the city where Gotrek Starbreaker stomped caledor II.
According to WFRP KoTG Parravon is actually built over a lost dwarf hold

There are lots of Elven ruins in the West Empire as well.

So TMS has released a starter set for T9A if anyone is interested.

Tomb Kings vs. Bretonnia + rules.

Ah it's already sold out. Well done TMS, the usual incompetence.

They steal it. Since plate armor is so rare, it's safe to assume they reforge and reuse armor taken from the enemy during raids, and when a chaos warrior dies they probably strip him naked and reuse his armor.
Chosen are another thing, since their armors are a gift fromnthe gods and they cannot remove it, but i figure that once they die they too are stripped and the armor reused as a normal plate armor. I figure Norscans don't particularly care if their armor has the skin of another dude inside it, but i think they can always scrape it off

But norse dwarves would not forge armor for chaos worshippers

I've looked everywhere short of my Grudgelore book, is there a dorf word for Amethyst?

Tryna do a thing about dorfs and it's been 10 years since I actually understood how khazalid works any autists in here who can help me?

Mix the words for "purple" bright" "stone" and there you have it. Dwarfs come up with new words all the time

the Chaos description of how beastmen came to be, animals and men mating and creating half spawn, beastmen raping human women, is quite unsettling. also stuff in a similar vein in how omens manifest - like pigs rearing on their hind legs and squealing in human voices, that is always spooky.

What's the coolest thing you've done in Fantasy (Roleplay or otherwise)?

Killed three chaos warriors in single combat with a PC in his first career

Alternatively, manage to have a grudge with a goat

The kurgans also trade quite extensively with the Chaos Dwarfs and I'd reckon that the primary goods that the Kurgans trade for is Chaos Armour.

That's a neat idea. The skin wolves would work great in a count-as VC norscan army.

You shut your whore mouth!

Killed a daemon with a hammer while screaming about Sigmar, but I'm pretty sure everyone has done that at some point.

tried that, couldn't find one for purple. This is doing my head in.

Dark blue? Misterious hue? Underground water? Dark glow? Cave star?

the word amethyst derives from koine greek which means not drunk as they believed the stone could protect them from intoxication.

If grombrindal is said to appear where dwarves most need him and bring his kind to victory against impossible odds, why hadn't he shown up to behead skarsnik and queek yet?

There's one old short story about how Daemons of Nurgle haunt and cull towns of the Empire. IIRC it begins with nurglings acting as surly 'gårdstomtar' by souring the milk and making the cattle sick and other similar shenanigans. After a couple of days/weeks Plaguebearers manifests, sometimes lead by a Great Unclean One, and starts dancing around the outskirts of the town in a 'human' chain, singing about the horrors to come. At the stroke of witching hour, the daemons attack the town and leave none alive.

I mean, Leonceur is literally King Richard, as in the Lionheart. Coer de Leon. Much beloved English king

An english king who was ironically FRENCH and spent maybe 6 months in England tops after he gret into adulthood hon hon hon