Oxalium world building

Hello Veeky Forums, me and my friends are making a setting and we kinda need help. It's based in the world of Oxalium, which has a spreading force/infection called metal which corrupts everything in it's path turning it into metal. It's based on the equator of the planet, inside a giant "bowl"made of mountains. Magic comes from the north, from where it blowns like a wind, in the northern hemisphere magic is much more powerful and chaotic, while in the southern hemisphere it's weaker but also stable.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/A2VJnde
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Now to the races:
the humans of the north, a frozen people whom deal with the radioactive-like magical fall out of some past cataclysm, they are vikings/mages of the setting, as they are the most learned in it's use. They live in kingdoms. Here's some fluff text:The Northern Kingdoms of the Kjedrog wastes are a tall, hardy people.they are the greatest mages of Oxalium due to the massive magic imprint on their homeland, causing their magics to be amplified dangerously.The posses huge stone forts to protect them against metal drakes in the skies.A people of simple lives, they stay to their north, fearing the dangers of getting to the south and what is there

The wooden lizard men of the equator, worshipping of the mighty dragons, they hate metal as they are pretty much protectors of nature in the setting

Orcs are a race of greenskinned humanoids and once an elven tribe who decided not to worship metal and left "The Bowl" and infulence of Metal, they are able to bend metal and it's creatures to their will, think of them as artificiers.

Now all elves except for orcs worship metal as god/s, they are divided in three clans:
The Aeirok, the largest elven clan, stays in the center most plains of oxalium.they are of golden skin, bristling with steel and other metals.they remain faithful to the teaching of the Metal.Zealous, powerful, and loyal they live as the metallic whispers told them too and to break away from it teachings is to be a heretic

Velrok are shady elves who live in the factory like buildings in the metallic swamps.

Frelok are spiritualist wood elves

Goblins live in the mountains of Oxalium, they are short, cunning and with very big numbers, they are also the force that keeps the metal at bay, those living in the mountains creating "The Bowl" are constantly fighting off The Metal and it's servants, while those who live in the other mountains are merchants and mercenaries, who direct large funds to help their bretheren to fight the metal.

Giants are pretty much bronze age greeks living in giant citadels by the sea

Loxodons are elephant people who were pretty much mindless savages until they were uplifted by the metal/elven priests. They are deeply religious and act as an outside support for metal, even letting it spread in sereval places outside of "The Bowl", but those a relatively small and far between. They also have giant, mutated bretheren whom they consider ot be blessed.

Yojmbo are demon merchants from the east, they are oriental in their design and loathe their military caste, but they keep as a necessary evil
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

*the metal
Yes I had to correct you because if I have to keep this thread alive I shall do so with sass

Question, my first thought was that metal reminded me of phyrexia from magic the gathering, so is the metal corrupting everything to look as they came of oil powered/mutated beings which are mostly artifical now, chrome version of people(something akin to aurik, maybe pure steel humanoid golems that shine brightly) or something third as in form of rust (mad max style maybe) ?
Recomend you to look at mtg role of mirrodin/new phyrexia also, quite interesting.

Thats actually where the guy who started this got his idea from, the discord he made is filled with images from it as base for the idea

Shiny for the aierok, rusty for the Frelok, corroded for the velrok

Well, the name of discord channel/room would be ... ? Would love to join it.

Here you are
discord.gg/A2VJnde

Are the demons related to religion(s) or other planes or are they just a race?

how about a pic thats not for ants?

Not really sure, this setting just started, you can fluff them out if you wish

>10 KB thumbnail
You could start by expanding your world's resolution

If you got a better map by all means post it

we can't fucking see your map, you dingus

post a larger version

This is all I got, its not even the official map it was just inspiration

I already see fucky rivers and landmasses. Is this an homebrew or do you plan to publish it?

Homebrew as of now

Ok, then I won't tear it apart. I would suggest redrawing the map with more attention to some details, the closed sea on the right only has two tiny rivers feeding it, other rivers have wonky courses, there's that weird spoke of land cut off from the continent in the east. I've seen worse but this could be improved .

Thanks for the advice, its appreciated

Bump

>Koorva
Ja pierdole!

WHy is the map so small?

What do you need help with?

Research some real world cultures and the disagreements that civil societies like the Yojimbo had because of the way their societies were structured similar to yours.