Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Lead Playtester Laughs, Says Nids Are Out Of Hand edition

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

FAQ 1.2, Commissars are now a penalty, to reflect IG fluff
>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cgaq2V9RLGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Nid codex being shit

Whatever for pointy elf booty

Play any fun games today anons?

I want to model and run units of servo-skulls on the tabletop for my army, because servo-skulls are Metal as Fuck.

What is the best unit to use for servo-skulls counts-as?

I'm thinking ratlings, but want to see what you all think.

Why is that one circled, user?

>tfw been thinking of getting into 40k for ages
>really like the Tyranid aesthetic
>finally get a decent job
>I can afford plastic crack now
>Nid codex comes out
>They're inevitably ridiculously strong
>Nobody plays with me

i can feel it in my bones anons

Vampire skull.

That one is the imperium skull, the rest are reserved for Khorne.

I miss the where's waldo edits of this image.

What is the most fun low model count army?

today was AoS Armies on Parade, so no.
There were two contestants, next week is 40k and there'll be a dozen

is AoS really that unpopular? I'd heard it was bad, but I didn't realise it was THAT bad

LOL

>...b-but, AoS is thriving!

Craftworlds upload when?

So I want to use a dark grey scheme for my armies is there anyway to pull that off without it looking like the plastic?

>>Nid codex comes out
>>They're inevitably ridiculously strong

That's definitely an interesting paintjob on those Heldrakes. Also what's the story behind that model with the AoS wings?

Also batrep when? I'm looking forward to it GGA

It's booming compared to how Fantasy was doing. Since 8th came out a lot of its playerbase has been sucked away though, a lot like 30k.

Depends on the store. mine had around 10 myself. There will still be more when 40k rolls around. Even the AoS guys were talking about which army of theirs they would use.

It's popular here but most of the guys don't want to build boards, just play.

Something like how grey knights look.
Leadbelcher with heavy nuln oil to get a metallic dark grey that is easily distinguished from unpainted is a possibility.

Seraphims.
They fly, have bolt/inferno/Flamer/plasma pistols, their T3, Sv3+ Sv6++ represents a battle servo skull if you like.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

That actually would be perfect.

embracing the cheese that is the guilliman-star with my thousand sons until 30k gets rebooted next month. just pretending the rerolls are a giant psychic prescience bubble with my FW "third party" magnus model instead of using the ugly guilliman model.

When you buy the epub and upload it.

In the meantime, enjoy an eldar hottie.

Nids are probably not going to be top dog simply because they don't have the widespread allies/faction keywords that make Imperium or Chaos the best faction.

You get nids + genestealer cult. Guard too if you're playing with enough detachments to satisfy the requirements.

In 8th no Xeno Team is never going to be ridiculously strong compared to "the best of everything in the Imperium" or "the best of everything in Chaos". Don't worry about it.

Lets be fair Fantasy was basically SoB the game. GW refusal to make proper updates and things worth a damn to buy. Just made the hole bigger and bigger

you made me tee-hee user.

>Eldar
>hot
the artist isn't doing it right, they should be in pieces

tfw no millennia old eldar mommy gf

Why did people forgot about the completely black eyes of the Eldar?
What next Cadians without purple eyes?

Yeah, closest I can think of to dark grey while still being obviously painted.

They never had them?

Riptides arm fell off, and its the heavy burst cannon arm. It keeps falling off if I try to reglue it. How do I put it back on?

Pin it.

I might need to find another color but I couldn't really think of something nice for a undivided chaos warband.

Maybe tomorrow user it was a big game

Again why did people forgot about it?

how do i pin? I've never had to do it before.

Something like black, and maybe yellow? I bet that'd look great on an iron armor scheme. Maybe even put the black and yellow together with hazard stripes?

Because it's an obscure detail that looks retarded? Also post sources. Multiples if possible unless you're some crusty neckbeard sperging over how nobody pays attention to a throwaway line in the back of one of the fluff sections of the 3rd edition rulebook.

thats iron warriors/ iron hands

...because it's obscure fluff from some tiny footnote in an old ass book that only eldar-fags cared about in the first place?

I would sooner join the black legion than star running around with Perts band of rejects.

>insulting best edition
kys

>best edition
>not 5th

Ingest Bleach.

He didn't say anything about 2nd though?

>5th
Ok have your (you)

Buy one of these. It will cost you $10, you'll need it for drilling barrels/holes for magnets sooner or later anyway, or if it put together a large resin forgeworld model.

Select a drill bit that matches the width of a paperclip, drill a hole in each part, straighten the paperclip and superglue it into the holes like a metal bone inside the model.

(yew)

(you)

>been playing nids since 4th edition
>stuck with them all throughout 3 editions of shitty codexes at the hand of cruddace

I hope they're overpowered as shit. I'VE EARNED THIS. But most likely its just /40kg/ taking rumors as fact as usual

You can play with guard and eldar players banned from the store

I have had it for 2 days now but I'm not sharing. Eldar players are waacscum.

Whos first for terminator lieutenants?

>AoS ironjawz look rad as shit
>40k Orks are still ancient models

why

Kit bash with the Ironjawz then? Apply yourself

>just let GW be lazy fucks

>cut out some plasticard
>weapon swap out whatever stupid shit iron jawz come with
>put shootaz on em
>glue plasticard on as makeshift armor
>????¿
>new, updated boyz

>plays the new eldar codex
>BUT I'M NOT A WAACFAG GUYS I SWEAR

>Unwilling to kitbash
>plays orks
Sell your army, you don't deserve them.

It's a hobby based around building models user. Freestyle that shit. Even worse it's fucking Orks. If you aint kitbashing then what are you doing.

I'm stuck between Iyanden and Alaitoc which one is less WAAC now I want to finally play this army without getting lynched

Ravenguard armies are the WAAC player's choice

Alaitoc is where all the bandwagoners are going to be heading. Distance yourself from it if you want to avoid the ire of antiWAAC.

Yeah. I played a game against some Necrons today. Unfortunately, I lost, but it was a close game. He made some clench rolls that changed things in turn 1. His destroyer lord charged my Stormraven that had devastated a good portion of his army. It was already at one wound and was cut down. After that, his normal destroyers cut down some of my intercessors that had been camping an objective and then he slew my warlord. After that it was another turn until I conceded.

Alaitoc is more powerful since Eldar don't lack for long ranged weapons and strategies

Once there are like, 4 different bannably OP Codexes, they're all going to get unbanned and everyone else is just going to have to fucking deal with it, lol

Soon the shit books will be in the minority.

Not kitbashing orks is like not kitbashing chaos, why did you pic them when you knew what it takes to model them well? If you want an army with little to no work play necrons.

If everyone is WAAC than no one will be.

>have a bunch of tzeentch daemons from 5th
>mostly a pile of horrors
>also have like 7 flamers, 5 screamers, a bitchin metal changeling, like 3 princes, and an old metal LoC
>cant play the horrors because brimstone faggots ruined everything and made them shit since GW is retarded and won't make them separate units
I was half tempted to get the new (to me) SC box for them since the last chariot I had was a makeshift and shitty one I made in 5th, which is now just a disc herald, but idk that I should even bother.
What do?

>playing top cheese army
>thinking he won't be lynched

Play them anyway and don't spare the reinforcement points for the Brims.

It's not like you couldn't do this in 7th too, by not owning the Brimstone models, but now you actually have a reason not to.

Iyanden will get you less shit

Sup /40kg/. I've been tempted for a long time to get an Eldar army, but avoided doing so in 7th because of how strong they are. But now I'm interested in getting started with an Ulthwe army and need some advice. Where should I start, and what would a fluffy Ulthwe list look like?

>t. Guardfag

Farseers/Eldrad, Warlock Councils, Guardians, War Walkers, Vaul's Wrath Artillery, some support tanks.

>Where should I start
Troops so get Guardians.
>what would a fluffy Ulthwe list look like?
Eldrad, a bunch of Guardians in Wave Serpents, some Warlocks, maybe a Farseer, then Windriders, War Walkers and maybe Vaul's Wrath with a Wraith unit or two if you feel saucy. As you play you'll get a feel for what works and what doesn't, tailor accordingly.

Thanks senpai.

A good half of the army should be seers/warlocks and guardians, the rest can be whatever since craftworlds are pretty big and field whatever is necessary.

Yea, but their already shitty smite is even worse and forces me to run them in bigger blobs, solely because of brimfags. Honestly, I miss being able to drop them in units of 5 with good shooting attacks instead of needing to be balanced around a fucking psychic power that never goes off anyway because "lol only one die exsdee".

So I just got my Eldar codex and is the Autarch really supposed to not be able to take exarch weapons anymore? Can I use the older one from the index or is this just what we've got now?

Autarch never took exarch weapons, but they had access to the full wargear of every aspect warriors. Now, fuck you if you have a WJG autarch or an autarch with any kind of mod...

Why don't the Eldar just enforce breeding programs?

Their males all turned gay so they have to rely on other races to provide the baby-sauce

How does one paint blonde hair?

Women can't make children with women user.

Fairly certain Duncan has a tutorial

depends how dark you make it, spure plastic is pretty light so it probably won't be that much of an issue, just make sure stuff is shaded and highlighted propperly

Does he?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cgaq2V9RLGA

In return I want more pictures of Duncan

I played 2 games today, in one my green tide overran a primaris/eldar line

Second one my Crimson Fist pile weathered waves of tyranids

>an autarch with any kind of mod
What?

Gestation period is too long. Children take forever to be born and to grow up. They make their women fight, so widespread pregnancy would lead to a reduction in combat readiness of a craftworld and they can't afford to do that.

I'm sure they've got a couple men around

Look up painting Carcharodons/Space Sharks

Yup see

I don't play eldar lol I hate the elf trope.