Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Avowed Update Edition!
What do you think about the newest Avowed update from FFS? Forrest is apparently working on other things too and aiming to release Avowed 1 sooner than later.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1RlMRAqqdAesZNHwsljjpNWerLBOuOphg09TS2AwNI0Q/edit?usp=sharing
wyldfurr.com/index.php/studio-projects/dungeon-map-tiles/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank god.

Let this meme class die.

Desna is a shit!

Abadar where its at!

Abadar wishes his domains were as good as Desna's, though.

>working on poppets, about half a dozen or so so I can use them for basic labor
>I'm going to be blowing around 20k on what amounts to a bunch of fluff creatures that could easily get BTFO
>I plan to fluff them all as tiny (or small), well-made-yet-slightly-offputting dolls in various worker garbs

tell me about your questionable financial decisions, /pfg/

To this day I wonder why I bothered to spend money on horse-barding when I'm never actually going to ride my horse into battle.

I keep buying scrolls to scribe into my spellbook. RIP my wizard's bank account.

The huge +2 cold iron lucerne I bought for my permanently anthropomorphized turtle animal companion.

Have you ever encountered a demilich in Pathfinder?

What are some fun things to spend starting gold on for a monk that aren't rope, compass, so on? I got 59 gold to mess with, not counting the rubix cube I bought for 1 gp.

>Really like the idea of wizards
>Have a ton of character art for them
>Shitloads of little fluffy mechanics bits that'd be neat to do
>They're broken as fuck and it's easy to accidentally shatter the game with them, and I have no idea how to avoid that
Existence is suffering

"At 1st level, an avowed gains the 1st selection of aether blow or aether ray, and two other shapes of his choice. At every even - numbered class level, the avowed gains one additional shape selection. Shapes can be selected multiple times, increasing their power each time the avowed does so. Each time the avowed learns a new shape, he can also replace a shape selection he has made with another (in addition to learning the new shape). However, he may not exchange any of the shapes gained at 1st level for a choice of another shape he gained at 1st level."

I am confused by this wording. "[The 1st selection of aether blow or aether ray] ... [and two other shapes of his choice]" is a valid reading, and "shapes can be selected multiple times." Can a 1st-level avowed have aether ray, and then two purchases of aether barrage?

Anons I want to play an Incanter

I'm looking at spending all of my specialization points for a Sorcerer Bloodline (Martyred), two domains, and the Lay on Hands ability. I want to play a 3.5e-style Favored Soul almost.

What spheres work best for this?

Exploding sheep. Strapped up with fireworks at low levels, implant bomb at higher levels, and generally blowing money on alchemical components that boost the dcs on low level gear like tanglefoot bags.

They're really not that bad, user. Just go for it; I'm playing a wizard in one of my current games, and it's a lot of fun, and you only break shit open when you actually try to do so.

No, at first level you HAVE to choose Aether Blow/Ray 1, [any other shape] 1, and [any other other shape] 1. Afterwards you can start stacking.

What do you want to DO?

I wanna play fantasy jesus.

They got rid of that wording in the update didn't they?

What the fuck, why is Open Hand sphere so fucking cool?

My god.... that may be the worst outfit for an unarmored fighter I've ever seen.

He tits have zero support, and are held in place by the nipples. The second she gets into a fight, she's either going to rip them off, or have her breasts flopping all over the place. Who the fuck drew that, and why?

That was the case previously, but I am unsure now. I have asked Forrest in the Giant in the Playground thread just to be certain.

Also, is there any wording stipulating the default range of an aether barrage?

It's pretty good.

Since SoM just came out the GM is allowing me to swap builds to test it out, problem is he's also quite sadistic and challenging so with out proper CC the group will most likely die/waste tons of valuable resources.

Are there any good Crowd control/Disabling abilities outside of Duelist/Lancer? I've been looking but I can't seem to find anything beyond Impale cycling for lockdown and bleed spam.

Making anaesthetic wine because I need to get fucked up but also stay classy.

Abadar's got a sweet-ass beard though.

>his weapon is a crossbow, a universally garbage weapon in all but the rarest cases
>desna's shitty starknife has fuckloads of support to prop it up, making it actually a viable choice

Bells and hooks, both to wear upon yourself
>blowing money on alchemical components that boost the dcs on low level gear
Isn't there an extract that grants you infinite alchemical consumables that also have extrac DC's instead of regular ones?

One is Jame's Jacobs perfect spunky CG waifu who has the important job of being a useless hippy; while the other is some boring dude who does unimportant shit like build roads and keep the economy going.

It's clear that one of those deities deserves more support than the other.

Oh damn, where to start... random options listed below.

Offensive Items
If you use an edged weapon: Whetstone

Defensive Items
Earplugs
Fervour Juice

Utility Items
Hollow Cane+1st level potion
Crowbar
Magnet
Saw
Shovel
Waterproof Bag
Zip-Line Hook + Grappling Crossbow or Similar

If I throw water balloons filled with opium at a flat-footed creature with an Underground Chemist rogue, would I be able to apply sneak attack damage?

Yeah, CG goddess who goes on interstellar adventures and fights eldricht abominations because D&D isn't being a bureaucratic jew.

What is fervour juice?

When she's not starting interplanar wars, or creating demon lords, that is.

Fellas I got a new campaign coming up and I need some help on what to make
>Ophiduan Sniper Marksman with hella good damage and hella bad Charisma
>Some sort of Mesmerist
>Spiritualist
I'm the only dude without a character, what roles do we need filled/what kind of character fits these dudes best?

Exactly, shit worth writing adventurers and content about.

Anybody got punchgirl art?

Explain what the fuck that first one is. Also, do you have any sort of Melee or Utility user? Consider a Vivisectionist Alchemist.

Magus or Barbarian would be a really good fit.

Marksman is a class from DSP, basically psionic ranger without spells. They shoot ranged combat really, really good, but that's about it.

Psion

The psychic investigator or magus would go well with the team and keep up the psychic thing that the party already has

Int-based melee tough-guy
So... Alchemist, Magus, or if other 3PP allowed Technician or Harbinger

But what if I want to Stealth? I'll just need to buy quiet bells of course.

I'd have to toss the grappling hook being a monk but I like some of these.

Little update to this, the Mesmerist is a Ring Leader. From that Psionics book. We're also starting at 3rd level, if it matters.
Thanks for the suggestions fellas, really helping me out here.

It's a stripper in a monk uniform. Like stripper cops. She's just a bar wench for an adventurer tavern.

At least she has high heels to help her in a fight, right?

How do you guys find art?

discord is bees

I fucking hate that wearing stilettos is directly superior to not doing so in combat in this game.

>Technician
???
Is that a SoM class or something?

Question about poppets, if I can't actually cast minor creation, but I attempt to put feats, flight, and climb on one poppet, do I have to Jack the DC to make it up for every modification that contains that spell, or just one time? Because holy fuck. DC 36 craft check to make this fucker good lord

Hail, /pfg/. I bring a refined version of one of my old campaign ideas for comments and feedback.
I think I'm still quite far from actually running this, so please don't start dreaming up apps.
docs.google.com/document/d/1RlMRAqqdAesZNHwsljjpNWerLBOuOphg09TS2AwNI0Q/edit?usp=sharing

Life maybe? Maybe Alteration for some angelic transformations?

I really don't like the concept, and don't think D&D handles fancy smancy Arthurian fantasy well.. The overall premise sounds way too "high stakes" for my liking too, like something you should be doing in exalted.

I suppose the trick is that it's a setting where deities have 'come down to earth', where they can be far more easily and safely manipulated. Exalted might be better suited if the game involved some gods' plaza where they were actually striding around in their full puissance.

Fair. I still don't care for the premise but for reasons relating more to personal taste.

Why 27 points?

I have always thought that paintings and tapestries in that style make women look like progeria sufferers.
I guess they just couldn't into waifus in the middle ages.

I prefer 27 points when I'm feeling whimsical.

Does Pathfinder have any new wolfgirl races?

Am I crazy for wanting to run a Jade Regent AP for the thread?

The circle would be complete if you started a waiting room right now

Will it be RISE of the Jade Regent?

Yeah.
Run it for your friends instead.

I think the newest one is the rougarou.

Probably not, but who knoooows.

Funnily enough, I can't run it right now, but would be interested to see the threads ideas and characters.

So how are witches and people with witch like powers treated in Golarion?

Fine.

Like regular ass Arcane spellcasters for the most part.

Someone get out The List

Summon Adam!

I might do something like Runelords, Mummy's Mask, or some other AP. What are the APs you guys like or think are good?

somebody run curse of the crimson throne please

It's really not that great. I legit don't understand why people rate it so high.

Been playing a Witch in The Emerald Spire Superdungeon. Switched my Patron to Elements from Shadow so that I at least have access to some blast spells to do more when we're going to be up against undead/constructs/vermin, etc. I realize blasting is sub optimal, but are there any traits or feats that might help improve it with limited investment?

Playing a Con Based Scarred Witch Doctor if it matters.

>2hu, Aiden, Argentum, Ceri, Felyndiira, IKID, Lily Fae, Red, Shoka, Voipclock, Wist
Was this the list?

witchs aren't made for blasting. You won't be effective ever because you're not a sorc. Start learning/preparing save or suck spells or buffs

No. That's not The right list at all. What the fuck kinda list is that.

I'm picking up the Fortune Hex specifically so I have something to use when I'd otherwise be piddling my cud, along with some support spells like enlarge person (we're only level 3) as well as Web, but I'm still a little concerned about my options for supporting the party overall when they're fighting mind-affecting immune targets.

Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Iron Gods, and Reign of Winter are universally agreed to be good.

Jade Regent, Carrion Crown, Kingmaker, Skull and Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous, and Strange Aeons are kinda crap, but can be made vastly better with the right changes.

Misfortune and Cackle are your gotos vs. mind affecting immune enemies.

What's cool about Crimson Throne?

I had wrongly assumed Misfortune was Mind Affecting like Evil Eye. Thank you for mentioning that.

It's got waifus for days.

So, since we've got a Trove for PDFs, did anyone ever make a Trove for stuff like the Roll20 token packs or other paid token packs?

Shit like this: wyldfurr.com/index.php/studio-projects/dungeon-map-tiles/

I see you've played with Dorian.

I think it's the list of people who got called out on Reddit.

>For reasons, have slot available in game
>Offer to someone I know is interested
>They still haven't submitted a character or sheet or anything
How long would you wait pfg, before reaching out elsewhere.

Why me

We need more memes.

A story about opening a player-owned mine and having Abadrites help you with the investment would be neat though.

It really wouldn't.

it was a much bigger list than that if i recall correctly

It's the 2hucabal list.

I want to pet a snallygaster

Honestly, I just want a meme game so we can get some app circus going on around here.

Gestalt yes or no

Yes.

No bamboozle