Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1838: Tribal Democracy Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-1149#post-40720039
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-1149#post-40720231
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Choose two powers.

Who here wants blackshadow`s jumps gone?

>mfw you people

How did you meet your companions?

I can't be bothered to check what jumps he's done, can someone fill me in?

As long as he hasn't done anything I like, I couldn't give less of a shit what happens to them.

Reminder that tribal democracies are the best form of government.

Post ominous looking waifu/companion images.

Sometimes they're childhood friends. Sometimes I set out to find them. Other times we just run into each other by 'chance'.
Thanks for all the Arcueid pics.

What a cute Undead.

First one I met at Nazarick waiting for me in my office. The next three I met a few jumps later during Generic Isekai. I'd entered as a baby imp while my first companion was a summoned hero who spent most of her time looking for me. She pretty much took control of the group of heroes, two of them summoned like her and another coming in from playing an MMO, and went on quite a few quests. By the time they got to me I had already become the Demon King, and it wasn't all that easy to convince the other three to, you know, not stab me.

I would love to see his jump leave, seriously, the dude snuck crazy boosts to perks, bragged about making the boosts on his shit thread, and is oh-so happy his plan was a "successful".

He deliberately tried to pull a fast one on us, with his changes to the Donated Essence perk, his combining of two 300 cp perks into one 400 cp perk called "not just another commoner'' wholesale and who knows other shit.

He actually withheld all of this from us. If he can't be assed to respect us, why the fuck should we respect him? He's why we dislike SB'ers

So a question for anyone who knows about Exalted and Primordials: Why are the Neverborn a thing? Like if Solars have all this weird conceptual shit, why didn't they just destroy the Primordials upper souls, or even the concept of the primordials. There would be nothing to go to the afterlife, so no Neverborn.

Pretty much all of them tried to kill me. I responded with hugs, food, and regen so strong that anyone not immediately interested in the former would give up after a while.

You`re welcome
Well if the thread agrees to it, there should be no argument againts it

Not gone, just hold the update off until he's willing to come and talk openly with everyone. If he isn't, then get rid of it.

So posting this again for the new thread like I said I would.

Divinity: Original Sin 0.95 - Done Edition

As per usual, looking for any helpful comments or suggestions. Grammar nazis are encouraged though I would hope I've gotten most of that done by now.

And yes, I know the Canon Companions are currently blank. But they're not getting anything besides their cannon abilities, so all the text to go in there will just be descriptive stuff.

Most weird conceptual shit comes at higher Essence levels, which people in the Primordial War didn't have.

By the time of the First Age, the Exalted maybe could have gotten rid of them, but they didn't think they were a threat.

No. We're in the middle of drastic and autistic over-reaction. NO REASONABLE DECISION-MAKING.

Would someone please explain who this is for the rest of us?

He`s already shown he is not willing to talk honestly bub

They probably could have, but it wasn't really a priority during the war and by the time they realized there might be consequences no one could be fucked.

Arcade Genericwaifu / Arcueid Brunestud. Main waifu of Tsukihime. Has dumb conceptual vampire abilities.

Wrong thread?

Most of the time Jumper gets plopped into a setting right in front of them, because the dark gods know he'd not recruit them otherwise. One time a spontaneous bond formed that caused them to seek out one another.

okay.

Not him, but I genuinely don't believe Shadow cares enough about us to do it. He still has a hate boner for Val because we accepted her jumps yet rode his ass for his.

Despite the fact val's jumps have context, but thats ultimately pointless for this argument.

The dude doesnt like us, but derives joy from bothering us, he's not up for discussion.

I mean blackshadow. I have literally no idea who that is.

As you wish.

It's really funny watching SB get salty about Val. Like watching Brellin rant about how mean she was because she called his jump lazy. He even goes on about page count, despite her never mentioning it.

SB just makes up stuff so that they have things to feel justifiably enraged over. The best part is that they make almost all the ill will they complaint about themselves.

On average, how many jumps does it take before you go mad with power?

Just one.

I generally start off mad with power and then calm down after a few jumps. Going from trash to superhuman is quite a rush.

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how big the tree ships from Tenchi Muyo are?

Where the hell are these from? I see pictures of this character all the time, but I can't find a single thing about who actually draws her.

I refuse to engage beyond posting an archaic reaction image.
1-5 depending on how quickly I go for the easy power-grabs.

Depends on the jump that I start with. -1 or -2 depending what choices I take in Body Mod.

If I had to put a very rough estimate on it, bigger than an huge amusement park, but smaller than a large city

Oh man its funny as fuck, seriously I remember when SJ was going on about her childhood or something, in reference to her Childhood Jump, and it kinda dawned on me that the Anti-Christ perk is just a stand-in for herself because she loves bragging about how smart she was in school irl and how the teacher thought she was the "devil" because of it.

Like shit just cracks me up. The lack of awareness over at SB. and then you get Record the Recording and the Wish Water debacle.

DDLC almost done. It's a bit short, but that's the nature of the beast I'm working with.

>-1 or -2
>Negative jumps
>Going mad with power before the chain starts

I don't actually have much of an issue with the contents of the update. That's mostly fine. The problem here is that he actively tried to sneak shit through, and that should not be rewarded or encouraged. The update should be frozen until he comes here with and runs it by people in good faith.

This aught to be interesting.

What do the various races look like? I've played the series and they seem to change appearance every other game, and I haven't played my copy of OS yet.

How about a slightly less archaic one

Have you ever tried going mad WITHOUT power? Nobody listens to you!

DDLC?

What is this an acronym for?

What would that look like? Him posting the jump like he already did?

Neat, looking forward to it.
Don't know how far along you are, but I kind of want to suggest that the "best" ending be in a link hidden somewhere in the document, kind of like Murdertale, to add a more meta-ish feel.

I was only able to witness their salt over Medaka recently, and unfortunately don't have a reference for much of their other bullshit, but even with just that sample I'm willing to believe anything about those fucks.

Doki Doki Literature Club.

Doki Doki Literature Club.

It's a VN that's free on Steam and is something like 2 hours long. I'd totally recommend it.

WHAT IS MAN IF NOT A VESSAL TO GODHOOD?!

For the most part, I remain indifferent. However, I will say this.

If you take an adversarial stance, don’t be surprised when you get treated like an adversary.

Probably some of the most satisfying stuff is watching them get angry about why their jumps can be refused for too much power but things like what Val does are not.

They seem to completely miss that the jumps they're complaining about not getting through were posted months or even years ago before any power creep. The funny part is that if they were actually part of the community and don't just use it as a dumping ground, they'd be fully aware of how things change and why things can become acceptable despite not being so previously.

Just look up Brahmastra and any time he gets angry about Coiling Dragon.

Him posting the jump. Giving a change log that isn't intentionally committing 99% of the changes, and then actually responding when people talk about the stuff he's trying to sneak through. Oh, and if he could stop bragging about how he's outsmarting everyone in the thread by sneaking shit though, that'd be great.forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-1149#post-40720039 & forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-1149#post-40720231

TOO FAR FAGGOT-KUN.

We would never allow SBers to give us a jump as strong as Val's are.

They look mostly like the races from Divinity: Dragon Commander, so that's a good basis for comparison. There aren't too many models of the various races besides Human to really compare though. But I didn't want to exclude all the races just because the game takes place in a very Human portion of the world.

So check out the art from Divinity: Dragon Commander for references on the races. Unfortunately I don't have any on hand to offer up.

Neat. Time to read through this. I remember your WIPs looking good, so I shall probably enjoy this jump.

>an Outsider
>in Chicago
>running an item (magic?) shop
>with a Faerie Debt

>You're fucked.

One way I can see it is that jumper - somefuckinghow - managed to talk their way into being allowed to live and that's why the debt (you get to live and when we say jump you say how high) and the shop (you stay exactly where we put you). If user is still here, how did it happen?

... come to think of it, from an outside perspective, "somefuckinghow" must describe a lot of jumper bullshit.

Who is your favorite waifu from Dragon Commander?

Isn't that that stone statue 2hu from Hidden Star in Four Seasons, Narumi Yatadera?

Also jesus christ 16 2hu games

Does anyone have any must-have additions for the season 2 update of Stranger Things? Also, should I do a season 2 update for Stranger Things?

sure

Reminder that there are only two acceptable Medaka builds:
Taking boosted Window in the Wall, then doing the original Medaka jump. Complain about reruns.

Taking Legendary Hero, then just being a totally chill side character. Be Saitama in a world of Chuunis trying to out-Chuuni each other.

desu that's mostly because SB is incapable of producing a jump as good as anything Val has ever made, in terms of content or writing, and they aren't capable of understanding the concept of internal balance either.

JUST MONIKA

I certainly hope so. I'm really proud of the tone and flavor of this one, even if it is a lot longer than I had initially intended it to be.

Man, that's a hard choice to make. But the Lizard and Dwarf princesses if forced to choose. The former starts off really stern, but in the end they actually turned pretty sweet. I never finished the Dwarf story all the way through. I do like her spunk though.

Monika is bad civilization.

A perk that makes us as based as Steve.

>We hate SB jumps because some of their perks are overpowered instead of all their perks being equally overpowered.

Why not Medaka Sue and go off to use the increased intelligence to be a contributing member of society instead of a Chuuni?

Things I'd want:
-Muscle Car
-Skateboard
-Demidog Pet
-More Psychic Powers (Illusion, Scrying)

do you shitters seriously find this fun
just acting like a bunch of cunts to each other
is this seriously your best way to spend your time

yes, but a bit early for an update - we only just got the first episode. however it would be appreciated.

Attila go and stay go

I mean, if that's what you think when you look at Vampire Diaries...

Thats called balancing SB

>First episode

What? The season is out. People have already watched the entire season like at least twice.

Definitely do an update. As for additions...I'd say a drawback for being one of the earlier Experiments like Eight, with it being 0cp if you just want to start earlier and...I don't know, 100-200cp if your powers are flawed like Eight's. Also, maybe an origin for monsters, given that the Mind Flayer is an intelligent schemer who's at least indirectly behind what happened in Season 1. Plus, maybe something for exposing conspiracies, if only so we could blow Hawkins wide open?

I stopped liking jumpchain a long time ago. Shitposting is all I have left.

That is way more attractive than the horn hips figurine.

wait what the fuck

>Taking Legendary Hero, then just being a totally chill side character
I have like 2000cp of drawbacks that make that impossible.

I want Bob the Superhero to have a happy ending. I plan to do this myself, however.

Because that's not as funny as being a gag character.

>He likes his Amazons to live in the snow and have natural camouflage

>only the first episode is out
user, the entire season was released the first day. Just like Season 1 and a bunch of other Netflix shows.

She's great.

Do you not understand how Netflix works? They don't normally release one episode at a time. They release the entire season.

Too be fair, what happened with Coiling Dragon was kind of bullshit once he started posting to the the thread and power creep really kicked in. I prefer the way Herculanon did it, since Brahmastra's CD is kind of wonky despite being mostly internally balanced, but there were people who kept spamming the same criticisms at the jump long after he'd corrected them. Which makes me wonder did Brahmastra do something before CD to piss people off?

Looking forward to it, user. Gotta say, you work fast.

Reminder that humans and elves were literally designed to mate with each other. It is god's will. Do you dare defy the will of god?

What other species are designed to breed with humans?

Me: "Physical Prowess and either Precognition (if I can change what I foresee) or Flight (if not)."

Jumper: "You, ah, do know I'm spoken for, right?" Sudden horrified look on ROB's face...

Does the Gate of Babylon only contain physical Noble Phantasms, or does it also contain abilities and concepts?

>mating with elves
Disgusting.

He had a pretty poor reputation before that, yes. He made generally poor quality jumps and most were power grabby, as I remember. This was back in the last period of time when SB hatred was really heated, because SJ_Chan was posting jumps here now and then.

It was a combination of posting in the worst atmosphere, having a bad reputation, posting a jump that was too high power at the time and then being really stubborn about it when it was posted. While power creep may have changed things, people remembered their negative feelings at the time and Brahmastra never made any attempt to change them. The way he acted when Herculanon finally made his only cemented people's old opinions of Brahmastra.

Only physical things.

It contains anything which can or ever will be created by humanity; every "treasure." It doesn't contain the concepts themselves, but it contains physical NPs which are imbued with said concepts.

It doesn't contain the idea of "teleportation" for instance, but it contains any number of technological and magical devices which can teleport.

I'm too fucking poor to afford Netflix so I guess that's my fault.

Apologies for lack of understanding.