/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread:

How much escapism is too much?

Took you long enough

I have no need of people who can imagine enough escapism, much less too much. Always escape, into your lewdest imaginings. Or better, my lewdest.

in theory, any is kind of bad.

But, you know what, there's still fun things to be had.

>no SDA
>no Quiet
>no Tok
I don't know who to pick because like 2 people on that list have made a CYOA that I actually know was made by them.

>Judging the quality of a waifu by their meta inspiration
>Not by the size of their tits
It's a waifu CYOA, lighten up a bit.

I wish I never knew about waifus. I can't think of a normal relationship with a real girl because of that shit. Yes I have autism but the point still remains, let this be a warning and avoid those non-real demons[/spoilers]

I mean I was picking SymbioteAnon no matter what, but I still think at the very least King Shitposter himself should have been concluded.

>that feel when prefer 2D but still a siscon

He's been on record essentially stating that his motivation for MECHFU is currently powered by headpats from this CYOA, so he needs all the votes he can get.

And the original reason Tok, SDA, or Italics weren't included was that TextAnon wanted to include the lesser-known authors, but Tok ended up "quite"ing from the imagined slight, so it worked out better than expected.

>He's been on record
Was referring to Symbiobro for this first part, not Tok.

>Lesser known authors
>Angel, the most shitposted about author of all time
Dubious assertion to make

Angelposting has dropped off to basically nothing recently, and she hasn't done much of note herself either, so I definitely wouldn't put her above Italics in terms of activity.

>lesser known authors
>angel (barely an author desu)
>beri
>Scientist
>ZBG

There was a cyoa where you "built" a partner based on yourself. You would judge where you fell on several scales, and use points accumulated to create an equal partner for yourself. I would like someone to post it, as I do not have it in my collection.

Popcorn, candy apple, jawbreaker. I will survive the trick to become a virtual super hero.

Check the pastebin

>Tok is pretending to be user and saying he should be on that still

wew lad

I'll admit that some of his choices were... suspect, but that's what he said.
Although, I may be misremembering the exact criteria - barring Angel (and see ), the three excluded authors were the most shitposty that I can think of.

>wanted to include the lesser-known authors
It was hardly about that at all you fucking retard.
He made waifus based on whoever he could get a hold of in the discord. Not like you could hold an interview here.
Tok was never around to be interviewed, ergo his faggot ass wasn't in it. Same goes for anyone else, except SDA who said he didn't want to be in it.

y u no post all pages?

I did, and could not find it, which is why I asked.

>Charlotte’s web.
-5 (omniglot)
>Calvin and Hobbes.
-3 (There’s treasure everywhere)
>Encyclopedia Brown.
-4 (elementary school)
>Where’s Waldo.
-2 (there he is!)
>Animorphs.
-7 (morphing)
>Harry Potter.
-9 (yer a wizard)
-5 [harry potter]
>Goosebumps.
+4 {you’re in for a scare}
>The hobbit.
-11 (three rings)
>Winnie the Pooh.
-3 (bears love honey)
>Robin Hood.
-3 (to give to the poor)
>Dr.Seuss.
-2 (unless....)
+3 {rhyming scheme}
>The phantom tollbooth.
-3 (Betwixt education and wisdom)
>The wizard of oz.
-3 (the great and powerful)
>Artemis Fowl.
-8 (A keen mind) x2
>Grimm’s Fairy tales.
-2 (master of tales)
>Babar.
-3 (a benevolent dictator)
>The adventures of Tom Sawyer.
-3 (speechcraft)
>A series of unfortunate events.
-3 (baudelarian bookworm)
>Percy Jackson.
-5 (Demi-demigod) aerokinesis.

>implying Tok is King Shitposter
lol

sorry.

Obviously, Tok's the queen (male).
Angel is the King.

Some of A, some of B. Seeing that I was creating an author cyoa just so I could be in one, I wanted to try to throw in people eager to be in one, but could also only really add people who I could get info from on Discord. Everyone provided their own images to resemble them, and gave me a general idea for what to write about them. 3_Tankista was later removed because I couldn't figure out how to write them in the setting well and they weren't too excited to be in a slice of life author cyoa, Box Wine was removed because I was drawing a complete blank on what to write for them and running out of time before I'd be busy for a while again, and I wanted to get the cyoa done by the end of that weekend.

Beri is the only one there I didn't talk to on Discord, and I added them mostly because of the art they use. The narrator for Branching Hearts, for instance, is drawn by the same artist that drew Beri's character in Author's Love Letter. It was a shout out mostly because I really like that character and talked to the artist a lot in the past and, at the time, really needed to come up with more people to fill the 18 positions.

SDA said they'd prefer to see a cyoa without them in it but wouldn't mind being in it if I needed a slot filled.

Tok's suggestion in thread was too lewd for what I wanted to write and I didn't want to discuss the whole thing here and bother people.

All other authors didn't talk to me at all and I was already apprehensive having Beri on there without consulting them.

Jester saddest girl. She's so dangerous, made to be the Kings waifu or courtesan or even just companion but unable to satisfy whatever inscrutable need the King has. How long until she goes down and takes swatches of Embosa with her?

I just wish the Lords made any sense.

Just the Caramels and the Popcorn ball. How could I steal from a generous cutie like that.

Thanks dr seuss.

I would appreciate the popcorn ball and jawbreaker. no need to steal anything else at the whim of the tricksy sister.

>Merchant, Yellow Lord, Coin/Pentacle

These seems the most... cultured. The ones that will frame me as the Prince in habit, experiences and action. Once I know what I ought to do, the power to do it will bend to me in its own way.

>Maneater, Seer, Undying

She is treacherous, but deserves to be heard and understood. She'll teach about traitors without meaning to. The seers knowledge is invaluable and he sees things as I cannot, which makes him worthy. The Undying will keep the Prince grounded in the overflowing lavish excess.

>Meikyuu academy

Let us unlock a mystery and dispell dark things with even darker ones.

Ever play ss13? I personally headcannon she was given clown genetics and will fuck up any task given to her by the king. When she tries to write a love letter addressed to the king, she will stab her own eye with the quill and tumble down the stairs until she collides with a female courtier, ripping her dress open in the process. When she goes out to go bring the king the freshest apple from the orchard she gets stuck in the tree and cant climb down without assistance, only to have rescuing her take all day because she keeps on accidentally injuring every single person sent to help her. She is incredibly acrobatic unless she tries to impress her sempai, in which case she magically becomes a klutz whose pockets become bags of endless spaghetti.

Popcorn Ball
Candy Necklace

I take the whole bag and eat everything. She's just a little girl, what could she possibly do?

Read the second page to get an idea.
And if you're a dick to her while doing it, she'll tattle on you to her parents.
You do NOT want to see what her mom does to people who make either of her daughters cry.

Popcorn and jawbreakers is all i could ever want.

It's times like this where I'm glad I fought Textanon for the right to biggest rack
Your headpats have been put on the record, and will be counted accordingly.

>Read the second page.
I can live with that
>Spoiler
Bring it on, lady! Show me what you've got!

Did author-user ever give any thoughts about what happens if and when you mind upload with the Prime Cynosure AI?

I could live with all of these at the same time for a third candy of my choosing. Popcorn + jawbreaker to be virtually immortal, then candy corn.

This is great headcannon, but it bodes ill for choosing her as your guide!

I only relented because you made Tit Happens!

Also, yeah, your love of huge tits might eclipse my own, so it felt proper to concede.

If I had the room, and if I felt it was appropriate for the characters, I totally would have put the brief rivalry into the characters themselves.

So... why pick red licorice when jawbreaker exists? Anyone?

Sucking your own dick, becoming a gymnast, fixing your life-long joint issues.
You know, the usual.

>Symbiobro and Textanon getting into tiddy fights
Fund it

I think it's a bit strange that some of the high-tier facilities require choosing a military or industrial ship even though military and industrial ships wouldn't logically have a lot of luxuries. I mean, why wouldn't humans build medium-to-large space yachts?

Easily understood if you say that the luxuries are for the captain and officer crew, not the enlisted level crew, ya?

I like the simplicity of this one. No long introduction where the girl talks about how she's some kind of candy witch who wants you to unleash her creations on the world or something, just "Hey! I'd like to share some nice things with you!" Not that detailed introductions can't be fun or interesting, but I find that keeping it simple here adds a bit of a charming innocence to it, and I think that's nice.

Anyway, I'll take the caramels and the popcorn ball. The chocolate drops are a tempting choice, but I'd like more control over how I look, and the caramels let me become attractive to anyone anyway. I just have to learn their type first, and if I don't like looking that way, I can take that form just to fuck someone and then switch back to something I actually like.

I thought about taking the candy necklace as well, with the Dyed Shampoo trick, because the caramels' shapeshifting powers should totally negate the trick. But I can't bring myself to upset the friendly little girl who generously shared magic candy with me that allowed me to fulfill my dreams. Besides, it shouldn't be difficult for a shapeshifting immortal with perfect health to get money anyway.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm going to take the black licorice and the Dyed Shampoo trick. I'm never going to actually *use* the black licorice, but taking it will prevent other people from using it, and that would be a good thing. Maybe the girl decided to offer me some of her candy because she knew I'd do that and that the trick wouldn't even be a problem for me with my other choices.

Thank you for the candy, little girl. Have a fun Halloween.

Can someone post Worm version 5?

I guess, though I'd probably just say "I take the battleship and strip it of its weapons to make room for all this stuff and because I don't want to fight anyone."

>a life without spinal issues and joint pain
Bliss..

>tanned twins

This reminds me of a doujin I read years upon years ago. The main plot was some nonsense about a tall girl and a short dude, but one of the chapters focused on two tanned twins who lived with this girl and were sex maniacs. I believe they fucked her and each other nearly constantly.

>any is kind of bad
False. Without escapism to offset the monotony of being productive we would either keep going insane or be useless and unproductive.

Why don't you fuck off to reddit or 9gag or whichever shithole you crawled out of.

Why do humanized pokemon need a military?

They don't.

Because 9/11 changed everything

To stave off the armed proletariat.

Because if the military didn't exist, the humanized pokemon would be living in a perfect AnCap utopia.

Everything changed with the Fire Types attacked.

I take the monarchists over you McSwine.

You can't live in something that doesn't exist

>Monarchist
>Over you McSwine
Underground did nothing wrong. They are bunch of business people looking out for their interests and the interest of the people.

Monarchist put two literal sociopaths in charge and ruined the world.

That's the joke. The pokemon would get conquered and buttraped within a week.

>Would get conquered and buttraped in a week
user you got fuckers like Giratina, Kyurem, and Yveltal walking around in the pokemon world. Do you not understand how lucky the Pokemon world is for these things not to go full genocide mode?

Do I need to go make some more orange juice?

WHERE IS THE OC

Not really, if I'm supposed to be their savior. We're going fill Hakuto no Ken my nigga. I'm taking all challengers.

PPP+ FUCKING NEVER

Before 2018.

Sideways from 2017.

>want to make one of these
>finding myself to be in possession of a crippling lack of creativity

>Want to finish several of mine.
>Have large amounts of creativity.
>Currently have several other projects going on in my life.
>Also have poor time management, hence why I am posting at 3 in the morning.

You're overthinking it. Just make something you'd like to see.

You can just check the pastebin, you know.

>Want to finish mine
>Learning photoshop to an acceptable level is hard and boring
>Everything else is done just not the graphic design

It's okay, once you've learned how to make them you'll instead be in possession of a crippling lack of motivation.

>have just enough creativity to write something
>hit actually collecting images and making this pretty
>it fucking kills my work ethic

pictures stuck together in paint
black background
white text

I refuse to make something ugly. I want to match Imaginos.

What's the CYOA about?

You design your character then go for adventures in a jrpg-like fantasy setting. It'll have a huge character creator section, a lot of companions, and a ton of world detail and information. I'm thinking about other sections to add one once those are all lain down.

Is the mystery letter meant to have an extra image or?

So you can do shit like this, I guess

Hello?