Best block ever?

best block ever?

hec yes! :-)

>not "Hekma yes!"
0/10 not worthy, do not pass go, do not become an Eternal in the God-Pharaoh's army.

Still original Ravnica.

How long have you been playing? It's not terrible but honestly there have been better, If Rivals of Ixalan is at least as good as Ixalan itself It'll be better than Amonkhet block.

been flingin spells since scourge

>WE WUZ KANGZ AN SHEET: The block
Yeah, totally great and not overfilled with left-wing political pandering because of some literal who dyke's wet dream

So who exactly was this false flag aimed at? I'm not sure. Amonkhet block was genuinely pretty good in a lot of ways, yet this post is clearly meant to get people to disparage it.

Is this loss?

I liked the theme but honestly the powerlevel was preety fucking low.

That isn't Onslaught

Yeah but nobody cared about Samut. She has 2 shit cards and that's it? /pol/ likes to argue how it all got taken over by SJW's and WE WUZ KANGZ, but fucking HALF of the cards in the set have something to do with motherfucking Nicol Bolas, while Samut has like, 10 cards with some reference to her?

I demand Cycling to be in every set from now on.

you sound like a pleasant individual

should b evergreen

7/10 for me just because of nubolas walker and amonkhet gods in general. Also neheb, and gb snakefu were nice

>ignoring the best cards in the block
For shame

>neheb
Kinda sad that he never ended up doing anything cool in the story

Ravnica or bust

So easily forgotten it's un-fucking-real honestly. All of these two set blocks are easily forgotten. With 3 set blocks you were basically devoting a full year to a plane, and that made it memorable if nothing else. Now we're just being ushered quickly from one poorly realised plane to another.

Sure, if you like Red Deck Wins.
Hapatra was nice too I guess.

Lorewise it was shit.
Razaketh died way too fast, facing Bolas without a plan is just way too silly

Definitely one of the best draft environments we've had in a while.

>Lorewise it was shit.
Welcome to the high fantasy genre

That's not Time Spiral, OG Ravnica, or Lorwyn.

High Fantasy dosen't mean weak and badly explored.
Ixalan feels comfy as fuck.

>High Fantasy dosen't mean weak and badly explored.
If you say so, pal

I was thinking of getting into magic but the way that rotations work + the prices of cards was a bit offputting to me

After a bit of research i found that people play constructed blocks

Do people at stores play this type of format consistently enough to warrant deckbuilding + investing money into the game? I'd be a lot cheaper than standard and more accessible because i could immerse myself into a smaller cardpool that doesn't change

Block Constructed is hardly even a thing anymore. Look into Pauper or Commander if you want to play with friends on the cheap. Draft if you want to play at a store.

Well fuck me

Doesn't draft also cost way too much because you have to pay for every draft session?

It's normally around $10, but if you can get good, you can win enough credit to break even. You can Also pull some decent cards to sell and break even that way. Also, you have to accept that Magic is a recreational hobby and you will be spending money, but you can do so wisely.

Is there really no way to play a format that doesn't change and isn't modern?

I just want to experience the fun of pulling cards instead of having to buy them online because decks are so specialized

A handsome card.

>Is there really no way to play a format that doesn't change and isn't modern?
Well Legacy/Vintage, but they're even more expensive. Commander also works.

>I just want to experience the fun of pulling cards
Then Draft.

Well that sucks
I was hoping there was a popular block that i could buy boxes for and have fun that way

Quick second pass on that flavor text:

Should be something like
>Most mirrors show your reflection. This one shows your potential.

Doesn't look like Innistrad.

I just hope it doesn't take another 35 years to print the enemy colored version of these. Enemy colors could really use some cheap fetchable lands for edh and casual so it's disheartening that they missed out on this one AND the BFZ dual lands.

Could we get a cycle of lands where the enemy color gets printed first for once?

>amonkhet even being comparable to alara, tarkir or time spiral
Lowest quality bait on all of Veeky Forums.

There is this thing called Cube. A pauper cube is cheap, balanced, and doesn't need much updating due to NWO.