Greetings my Sons. I am gathering you all here for something very important...

Greetings my Sons. I am gathering you all here for something very important. I am retiring from the Crusade to work on a Webway for Mankind. This is a very delicate project, I am entrusting Horus to continue the Crusade. Magnus, you are a Psyker like me, but while I build the Webway I need you to relax a bit, because you will sit on my Golden Throne that will guide all of mankind with your powers. There are evil beings in the Warp that pretend to be Gods by acting like them, called Chaos, everyone should be wary of it. Logar as much as it pains me that you are twisting my Imperial truth, as long as you eradicate this Chaos I am okay with it.

If any of you have anything you want of me, do not be afraid to ask. I promise I'll help fix it and you won't end up like the two dead Primarchs. Just don't try and break through my Psychic barrier around Terra or the evil warp beings will attack.

"If only if only"

You still forgot to Old Yeller Curze and Angron. 6/10

Not needed for Angron, he'd die thanks to the nails in about thirty years or so. Just keep him away from removing them or becoming a daemon prince.
Kurze... Should be something the Primarchs sort out themselves. If he does go nuts and is killed by his bros, congrats, they proved their putting the Imperium and common man over one of their own. If he stays in line, hey, its another Primarch, never not handy.

Seriously, why would this not be said? how could The Emperor been such an idiot as not to give the Primarchs a run-down on his Project? Was he afraid they will mess it up by knowing about it?

He's an immortal being that has been around for 40000 years by then. So some amount of "do as I say, I'm tired of repeating myself everytime someone gets promoted" is to be expected.

Don't tell me you've never seen a TV show or read a book where characters just do not communicate - for no reason other than the drama requires it.
It's a shit meme in writing.

So is Emperor simply negligent? Is this the greatest irony of it all that a supreme know-it all simply gets fed up with his golems and tells them to simply obey?

It's because they're the distraction. The whole point of the Great Crusade is that it's a distraction from the Webway Project.

The Emperor is keeping EVERYONE in the dark, because if the Primarchs know it - THE CHAOS GODS ALSO KNOW. This is why he insisted on near-complete secrecy, and by golly, he got it.

The moment the Chaos Gods know he's trying to fuck them over, all hell breaks loose. We're talking an infinite number of daemons flinging themselves at Terra, bursting out into realspace and murdering everything.

The Emperor doesn't trust the Primarchs (or mortals, or their Space Marine equerries) not to let something slip. All Sanginus needs to say is "My children, the Emperor has tasked us with continuing the Great Crusade while he plans to defeat the Chaos G-"

And then daemons, daemons everywhere.

It's also quite possible that even if he told them in private, on Terra, in extremely warded quarters, the information would be loose the moment they left. Daemons can read minds, after all.

The Emperor basically told them that Horus would continue the Crusade in his stead as Warmaster while he returned to Terra to actually start the process of setting things up for the Imperium that he hadn't had time to get to yet (because he'd been constantly crusading, and while that was good for morale there were things being neglected), and because he needed to research some things. Horus was half-accurately guessing in Horus Rising that part of what the Emperor was doing was discovering the secrets of the Warp for the betterment of Mankind - I say half because technically it was the Webway, not the Warp. He had also told the Primarchs something of the Warp and the creatures dwelling within it, specifically that they were a potentially powerful xenos species that was extremely hostile to Mankind, hence the Gellar fields and psyker dangers and so on. He didn't tell them the full details because that would risk exposing the full scope of the plan, and frankly the Primarchs were already getting in enough trouble that he didn't want to add any further risk.

He told them as much as you might expect him to tell them: they knew what they needed to know, so what they needed to do was trust him.

I think it's mostly because Emp treats the primarchs basically as tools, not people. He created them for a particular purpose and expects them to fulfill it, he doesn't really considers them in terms of human beings

Because all humans in 40k are autists so the autistic fanbase can relate

Chaos already knew and then fucked him over. Great idea emps.

Sure thing boss, we'll do as you say because we're not retards t. Constantin Valdor

Don't worry Wolfather, me and Bjorn will be busy for a while practising close wolfat manoeuvres. Take care while in the Webway.
Love Lemmy.

But what if by fixing the red thirst it ruin Sanguinius aesthetics by taking away his wings?

"Magnus, you don't have much to do at the moment anyway. Get the Nails out of Angron and get Night haunter out of Curzes head.

Everyone else is free to help."

There, solved.

Magnus especially would likely not have fallen if he'd actually done this. He's not an idiot, just believes that if someone tells you not to do something and doesn't give any reason for it, it's probably bullshit and you can ignore it.

It's been stated. Some aspect of the gods themselves came down and TOLD that human running around with the yiff's that Magnus would walk up to the bloody line but never over it under his own power. Nothing short of what russ did would turn him to chaos. That said he enjoys his fathers towering arrogance, it takes a high might indeed to think you Know better then the emperor.
The Nails Cannot Be Removed.
Maybe, MAYBE for a regular grunt the thousand sons and/or big E could fix them, but Angron is both a primarch, a singular being- and the frigging nails are Archeotech. A relic from the dark age that quite literally nobody comprehends. Angron's owners barely understood it enough to use and the tech priests who studied him just barely managed a crude copy for the legion. The nails are a writer fiat trap. There are too many Plot elements that prevent them from being removed.

now disabling them, that's something I've never seen mentioned

You're retarded, they already knew, the whole point of scattering the Primarchs was because they couldn't kill them due to the wards Big E placed on them. The Gods knew but they were powerless against Him and thus needed to corrupt His own sons and armies to even the playing field.
>b-b-but adb and goulding told me-
Lmao kill yourself.

>He tells the Primarchs what he's doing
>Their autism causes a slip up at some point
>Navigators find out Emprah wants to send them the way of the Thunder Warriors
>Entire Great Crusade comes to a halt as Navigator Houses rebel
>Entire warzones are lost as Navigators fuck over supplies and shit

Curze just needed a swift, firm and unrelenting ___hug___

>>Their autism causes a slip up at some point
If the primarchs are really that dumb, the Emperor should have never given command of entire legions to them

Curze wouldn't betray the Emperor.
He only did what he did because the Emperor betrayed him in the first place

> Greetings my Sons. I am gathering you all here for something very important. I am retiring from the Crusade to work on a Webway for Mankind.

"Your Imperial Majesty! The Navigators have defected! They claim you are infringing on their acknowledged right of navigating space travel!"

"My most glorious overlord, the Mechanicum is defecting! They claim your Webway project is tech-heresy! They no longer recognize you as the Omnissiah!"

> Magnus, you are a Psyker like me, but while I build the Webway I need you to relax a bit, because you will sit on my Golden Throne that will guide all of mankind with your powers

"My lord, Magnus has already bargained his soul to one of the Daemon gods of Chaos! He claims that the entity that owns his contract has demanded he attack Terra!"
"My lord, Mortarion, Angron and Leman Russ are rebelling! They say that you are establishing a new witch-lord over humanity, like a tyrant out of the Age of Strife! Reports say Horus and Fulgrim are considering rebellion as well, as you will set their brother above them!"

> There are evil beings in the Warp that pretend to be Gods by acting like them, called Chaos, everyone should be wary of it.

"There are reports of some traitorous elements of the nobility that are seeking out these entities in hopes of forming dark alliances to depose you! Lord, if even one in ten nobles defects, there will be chaos and civil war across the Imperium!"

> Logar as much as it pains me that you are twisting my Imperial truth, as long as you eradicate this Chaos I am okay with it.

"My lord, Sanguinius and Ferrus Manus claim Lorgar has declared himself Grand Theogonist! They have no idea what the fuck that means, but they believe he is usurping your rule in the lands he conquers in your name!"

>"My most glorious overlord, the Mechanicum is defecting! They claim your Webway project is tech-heresy! They no longer recognize you as the Omnissiah!"
But the Mechanicum knew about the webway, they built it and fought inside it.

The Nails couldn’t be removed without killing Angron. The Emperor didn’t even know what they were until he had somebody digging through vaults full of knowledge from the DAoT to find references, and only had a general understanding of their function, not any specifics. And in addition the schematics just let him know more or less what they were, not the modified version that was in Angron’s brain.

Those things were not coming out safely, period.

Yep, pretty much. I'd like to read a story where Emps plans really came to fruition though.

But user, Damons in 40k isn't that scary. Even if they want to go to Realspace, they need a large cabal of cultists and some strong Psykers to start gating in, and even then there is a good chance the Psykers die for just a few demons.
Eye of Terror has a different issue: While going from Warp to Realspace, it turns out that Space, Suns and Vacuum is deadly, and it stops Damons from even trying a lot of sheenigans.'
There is a reason Chaos needs Cultists to be scary, and is somehow a joke without access to Chaos Marines or large Traitor Guardsmen squads to use Sorcery for proper safe gating.

This is the same 40k where Emp has been running around smithing Chaos for millienia, his Sons had to be scattered because they could not be killed, and the greatest threat to mankind was Birth of Slannesh and Robots.

I believe you mean wolfway.

Magnus and Lion were a mistake.

>golems

Is the Emperor a kike?

Why hasn't someone made this game yet?

He’s Anatolian.

So sort of in that general region, but further north.

You space wolf haters are more degenerate than those you hate.

>It's been stated. Some aspect of the gods themselves came down and TOLD that human running around with the yiff's that Magnus would walk up to the bloody line but never over it under his own power. Nothing short of what russ did would turn him to chaos. That said he enjoys his fathers towering arrogance, it takes a high might indeed to think you Know better then the emperor.

Are you having a stroke?

It has been shown in Betrayed that a strong enough psychic presence can force back the influence of The Nails and bring about a modicum of peace for Angron. Honestly just order Magnus to hang out with Angron from now on, and help his brother clear his head, and youd have a more rational Primarch.

Really, if Angron was supposed to be the Primarch of The War Hounds, it would have been cool for Big E to keep them around as a personal attack dog legion. Whenever Angron isn't needed to personally lead an assault, have him at your side, peaceful mind and planning the deployment of your legion. When you "loose the hounds of war" then you send Angron out, full Nails Influence to rip and tear your enemies apart.

>Leman Russ
>rebell

Why do you think I'm just telling the Primarchs? What the navigators don't know, won't hurt them until the end. As for Mars, most of them will side with me in the end, and with the Webway in hand they'll be easily outmanoeuvred.
Sadly, you are both right and wrong. The entity has bound Magnus's fate to it but has done it poorly, preferring that Magnus come willing to them somehow. I'll have to take the situation in hand, personally.
Oh, noo, Primarchs are rebelling! Good thing I told them in fucking person so I can smite them as soon as I sense such treasonous thoughts I'd have to get round to it soon, anyway. I honestly didn't think more then four or five of the first batch would be of any use anyway
A fun AU would be 'Emperor does what people on the internet think he should have done but it intends up fucked anyway'

>Really, if Angron was supposed to be the Primarch of The War Hounds, it would have been cool for Big E to keep them around as a personal attack dog legion

That wasnt their role. That was the Space Wolves as they were far better suited to it.

Isn't the culture of the World Eaters and Space Wolves basically swapped with the arrival of their Primarch? You could argue that initially the 12th was destined to be his personal hit team.

Also, Leman is the executioner for those on his own team. Angron could have been his fuck you to a foe that deserves more then a simple defeat. They could have both had they're respective roles and lived up to them.

The Space Wolves were always designed as the Emeror's justice. Robute, Malcador and Erebus say so and the fact of their unique founding, orginization, place in the Great Cusade and being the first and only self sufficent legion other than the smurfs much later back it up.

They can still be The Emperors Justice, just have The World Eaters/War Hounds as The Emperors Wrath. Send them down to a world to slaughter everyone, raze everything and send a message to any one who sees it.

The war hounds were too retarded to have such an important role.

Except that's what they did all the time, go down to a planet, and rip and tear it apart until nothing lived.

I think he'd be far enough away that whatever race of people gave birth to him thousands of years BC they couldn't really be thought of as Semitic.

There would still be a need for Navigators even if the Webway was completed. You have to get to a place first before you can build a Webway gate. Not to mention the possibility of getting lost inside the Webway. So they'd become explorers.

Yeah. They did that every time. The Emperor didnt need that done every time though. Thats why he trusted the Wolves as his executioners and not the war hounds.

The Jews have been around for like 10,000 years.

I feel like we're coming back to the Space Wolves thing again, even after I said the War Hounds wouldn't be replacing them in their position or mandate. I'm saying that the World Eaters/War Hounds, with a Nails Suppressed Angron, could have acted as a sort of "nuclear option" to be released against a particular enemy, xeno or rogue humans, to ensure total annihilation. You do get that I'm not at all cutting into the role of The Wolves as Emperors Executioners in this right?

>I'm saying that the World Eaters/War Hounds, with a Nails Suppressed Angron, could have acted as a sort of "nuclear option" to be released against a particular enemy, xeno or rogue humans, to ensure total annihilation.

Again. The Emperor didnt trust the war hounds to do that, as the Rangdon xenocides prove. It was the single greatest threat the Imperium faced and the Wolves and Dark Angels led by Leman Russ were tasked to deal with it. The 12th legion was pretty worthless and a mistake tbqh.

Was Angron even discovered by that point? If not is it a fair to compare the legion with their Primarch and the one without?

I honestly don't know. Angron was one of the few Primarchs who made their legion worse along with Lion, Mortarion, Lorgar and Kurze

Because I could have sworn that the Rangdon incident was fairly early in the Great Crusade, and from the short story of his discovery, The War Hounds had bee waiting a while watching the other legions discover their Primarchs.

Hence why keeping Angron near a psychic to suppress his Nails probably would have done some good for both him and the legion at large.

Dont forget about Magnus

Angron was like the 16th found I think but iirc the Rangdan Xenocides were only 50 years before Ullanor so I assume all the Primarchs were foumd by then.

Looking into it, it suggests that one of the Space Marine legions was lost during the Rangdan Xenocide, maybe attesting to one of the Lost Primarchs. Which would mean it would have had to have happened before Monarchia and before Circus was found. Also seems to suggest this is an event that fosters the rivalry between the Dark Angels and The Space Wolves. So I don't know when but it still seems earlier on.

Because the setting was made piecemeal over the course of thirty years, and by the time most of this was being fleshed out, the people in charge were people who'd grown up writing fanfic about how amazing Chaos is, so had little patience for any other faction making sense.

for all of you talking about the nail in Angrons head, this is adressed in Master of mankind.

Emps has Angron on an operating table and finds out the nails have replaced an entire lower part of the brain. removing them would kill or retard him. so he decides that "a partial primarch is still better than no primarch" and he sends him back to his legion

I know the Nails cannot be removed, but the very same author wrote that they can be suppressed with a strong enough psyker. I was saying that a cool alternative to sending Angron to run off rampaging would be to either keep him with E Money or Magnus to suppress the Nails and give Angron a more functional brain.

I dont understand why Primarchs like Vulkan were needed to understudy at the Emperor's side for decades in secret while Angron was immediately given command without any adjusting periord.

FANKS MISTAH GOLD, BUT GORK AN' I IZ BIZZY, CAN YUZ MAYBE NOT TELL US YER REGRETZ AGAIN? I FINK DERE'Z A SHINY ELDAR GIT WHO JUST GOT BORN.

>Curze
>Worsening his legion.
It was Nostramo, Konrad did nothing wrong at all.
Actualy, apparently he even preferred terran NLs over marines from his own world

>so he decides that "a partial primarch is still better than no primarch
Worse decision ever. Letting the WE without a primarch but with a normal legion master would be much more productive, and would have prevented the betrayal

>Why?’ I cried. ‘Why? What have you done? What madness have you wrought?’
>‘I am clearing the board for the game to come,’ he said. ‘I am setting it out the way I want it. Two key obstacles to my ambitions are the Sons of Prospero and the Wolves of Fenris. The former is the only Legion that has lorecraft enough to hinder me magically; the latter is the only Legion dangerous enough to represent a genuine military threat. The Emperor’s sorcerers and the Emperor’s executioners. I have no wish to store up a fight with either for my future, so I have invested time and energy arranging events to turn them upon each other.’
I gazed at him in disbelief. He shrugged, ruefully.
>‘I had hoped for more, if I am honest,’ he said. ‘Magnus is terribly misguided. His dabblings have brought him perilously close to damnation, and my father was right to restrain him. But he would never have toppled over the brink without this violent provocation. I had so wanted the Wolves and the Sons to annihilate each other here on Prospero, and remove themselves as threats at a stroke. But Magnus and Russ have remained true to character. Magnus, high-minded and pious, has accepted his punishment and been destroyed. Russ, relentless and brute-loyal, has not wavered in his appalling task. The Thousand Sons have been destroyed. The Wolves remain in play.’

>Actualy, apparently he even preferred terran NLs over marines from his own world
Yeah, because the marines from his world were pretty much all butchers and rapists. Exactly the people that he'd been killing off before the Emperor arrived.

>MUH EMPERORS EXECUTIONERS
Friendly reminder that the Wolves were never ordered to executed any Primarch or Legion by the Emperor. Its also confirmed that Russ never killed a Primarch in Wolf King.

I do believe these images have been doctored in a heretical fashion.

Please sit tight while Stormtroopers arrive at your house to clear it of any heretical influences.

Have a good day, Imperial citizen!

The guys at BL didn't either, that's why this shit makes no fucking sense.

Female Primarchs AND Female Space Marines
Make it happen

They are called the executioners by both Malcador and the Emperor and its pretty ham fisted they killed the two missing legions.

>and its pretty ham fisted they killed the two missing legions.
[ZERO EVIDENCE INTENSIFIES]

>For a long time, knowing what he knew of his own strength, Russ had doubted whether it was possible for a primarch to be truly hurt, let alone killed. Now he knew that both were possible, for he had done it himself. If he closed his eyes, he could still see the look of startled horror in Magnus’s lone eye, moments before the screaming warp-hurricane had ripped his broken body into fragments.
>In his dreams, he heard his brother’s final words before the end, just as the glass pyramids shattered.
>You are a sword in the wrong hands, my brother. You have severed an innocent neck, and it will plague you forever.
Russ never killed another Primarch. Its all fanboi bullshit.

Its obvious Russ killed the II and XI and then had his memories erased by the Emperor faggot

>You have severed an innocent neck, and it will plague you forever.

Holy Christ, magnus is such a dinndu

>Denial the post
lmao

Truth hurts nigga. Horus must have fucking loved it when Russ delivered him his Omega Codex on how to fight marines after Prospero. Could Russ have gotten anymore outplayed?

Prospero deserved to get blasted.

That's the spirit brother. Wolves 4 lyfe!

Truth.

The only man that benefited from it was Horus

>implying he shouldn't have just not tried to get rid of religion in the first place.

The Imperium benefited

In what way did the Imperium benefit?

Magnus and his degenerate legion got their asses royally handed to them.

>I literally cannot stop taking the knot

Here I was thinking you were being serious. What a colossal fgt.

I don't know what that jive turkey gobblety gook means so I will ignore your comment

I am serious

I know thats why youre a joke.

Cool story bro

>What are board memes?

It usually helps to lurk first before you post, newfriend.

>unfunny forced ''''''memes'''''''

Ok.

Where user? from what I remember of some of these books it took 13 world eaters psykers forming a hive-mind to force Angron back to twitching agonised lucidity. That's not calm, that's just enough to make him function.
Also we have a good number of reports that psykers tend to rattle the nails and make their effects worse

if proximity to a psyker worked then angron should of improved around Lorgar. Not forever been half-mad with pain

>2 whole replies to the knotted dick comment
Hot meme you got there

He just sort of assumes that, as his trusted sons and glorious primarchs, they'd just trust him on this one.

To be fair it was pretty obvious in context that was referring to sucking space wolf dick.

Idk as a SW player I'm not a degenerate or a furfag so how was I know knot = dick?

Holy shit newfags need to fucking lurk maor. That was only a year ago and you cunts werent here. Fuck off and stop posting.

>unfunny forced meme that garnered all of 6 replies

Veeky Forums really has the worst memes

Go drink bleach.