How would you do a sci fi wuxia/tianxia campaign?

How would you do a sci fi wuxia/tianxia campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BqUg9uKn
youtube.com/watch?v=jP69wn8xtS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Removing Communism

Same way you do any wuxia campaign.
Chinese context is just window dressing.

Like Lord of Light but swap hindu myth for chinese myth

The past strikes forth. Feudal Japan develops time travel and tries to take the future.

?

>sci fi wuxia

That whole dlc is just strange shit that I was kinda hoping Bethesda wouldn't reference ever again....and they put in a damn quest that relates to the damn aliens in FO4. I should've known better.

Like regular tianxia, except things glow and go beep-boop and fly

>Year of our lord 13.0.4.16.13
>expecting bethesda to not ruin fallout
C'mon man.
Besides, there're bigger concerns. Like how we semi-canonically have magic and some sort of elder god in FO now

All I can think of right now

bland and without purpose

Cyborg Ninjas and Robo-Cowboys.

Came here to post this. I have it on text here:

pastebin.com/BqUg9uKn

To be fair in that case the Predator is using it's species equivalent to a medieval sword for the whole fair fight thing, as fair as a super strong warrior fighting a dude who hasn't had a proper meal or rest in several days can be at least.

Should cybernetics disrupt the flow of chi?

No, but they lower your total Chi.
So replacing bones or feet could be worth it, but not the entire legs.

What if we added more communism?

The space empire is now a futuristic representation of China. Your characters have to deal with corrupt administrators, judges, bandits, etc

>This is what commies actually believe

How would "help the evil lords gain more power" classify as wuxia m8? It's about doing heroic deeds

But if you mean turn the government into Super StalinMao Castro so the protags can remove it harder, I agree with you

Warframe is considered Sci-fi Wuxia? How?

>complete lack of trigger discipline

>Cyborg Ninjas and Robo-Cowboys.

Running a Savage Rifts campaign were it's just that, a small town's posse trying to stop a mystic tong/cult trying to take over. Set in Utah and Idaho of all places.

>premise of the game is being a bullshit cyber ninja in space
>shitloads of asian weaponry
>fucking Wukong warframe
>spiritual forces that give you great power
>make gravity defying leaps on the regular without breaking a sweat

Isn't the ninja/katana stuff more Japanese, while Wuxia being more about chinese influences and mythology

NieR

i just wanna starve peasants to death and kill people with glasses user nothing wrong with that

I've actually pondered running a Lord of Light styled campaign in Legends of the Wulin before, but it's never made it to the top of my list when I get a chance to run a new game.

Also Warframe. Either would be super fun.

More generally for OP's question, honestly all you really need to do is up the scale. It works best as space opera, focusing on the function of technology rather than why or how it works, emphasising the ideals, philosophies and codes of the individuals and organisations with an influence on the stellar stage.

But that's not how the wuxia men lives his life

it was before they added the potato children

Why are you people people insisting that Warframe is Wuxia, when is not. Wuxia is distinctly chinese and the moment you start putting Katanas and Ninjas in it, it becomes very much not Wuxia.

I wouldn't say Warframe is Wuxia, but that it can be interpreted as such. High flying martial arts battles in a variety of interesting locations, scything through mooks while engaging in epic duels with deadly foes, siding with various factions and fighting for your philosophy and ideals, proving them through a clash of blades.

There are a lot of ways you can interpret Warframe into an RPG context. The former is just the way of doing it I think my group would enjoy the most.

Magic was canon since Fallout 2. Aliens, ghosts and psychic powers are also canon since forever. Fallout is a silly verse.

GUNNM: Last Order

bump

Asura's Wrath.

mmmmmaybe. Depends how they interface with the rest of your body.

I'd argue no, but that's because essence and similar mechanics in cyberpunk games annoy the fuck out of me

Aliens have always been in fallout you ignorant mong

Bump

>Immortals and Kung Fu masters being cloned
>Mad scientists forcing most of the world into a virtual reality program where he reigns as leader if a new Imperial Dynasty
>Astrophysicist during the Great Leap Forward figures out a way to contact alien life and learns that these aliens are basically Space!America who will perform a police-action invasion of earth once they learn about the atrocities of the Communists
>Yellow Emperor was an alien pre-curser

There's also a cool book from the late Qing dynasty about a Chinese guy who kills a Manchu official to protect his wife and they flee on a ship but the ship sinks so he's rescued by a Japanese inventor who created a Zeppelin and they use it to travel Southeast Asia where they rescue the wife from bandits and then recruit Kung Fu masters to fight the Qing but they eventually get sick of Earth's bullshit & corruption and create a new country located on the Moon.

Truly you are a gentleman of Excelent and Refined taste.

I'd read a bunch of Remo Williams.

Chiun frowns on the damn Japs and Chinks. Korea forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=jP69wn8xtS4

It's very easy to do if it's your generic "the fantasy setting is actually a scifi setting that experienced an apocalypse"

It's harder to play it straight without making it the bad kind of pulpy.

bump

I commend your great tastes, fellow anons, but I have a doubt.
I don't get why GUNNM should be considered similar to wuxia. Despite having exaggerated combat sequences and great expressions of overflowing emotion, it has all the trappings of a cyberpunk shonen in some parts. The tournament arc in Last Order was exemplary in that case.
How must a setting and story be to be considered wuxia?