/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Mobile Posting Edition
>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW[Open]

FAQ 1.2, Commissars are now a penalty, to reflect IG fluff
>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

That is a top tier general image.

What elite army should I collect?

>Commissars are now a penalty, to reflect IG fluff

Salty WAAC Guardfag detected

top kek

Whatre you fellow loyalists working on?

Third for Sisters are doggers

>loyalists

i like em. the only models i cant stand are the Corpuscarii and the Kataphrons.

I can't believe Lorgar is creating Chaos Sisters.

ASSIST MY LIST!

I've got these models, but I'm not sure what configuration of units I should run them in. Veterans? Infantry squads? Heavy weapons among the squads or on their own?

I also have Grey Knights and Admech that could ally with these boys if they can't make the standard point brackets.

Cheers.

>looks too much like a toy

It is a toy user.

>This now does what it's supposed to do
>lol u mad?

Retards will go to any length to try and bash guardfags

>implying Lorgar can do anything right

PLACE YOUR BETS
Which two armies will have a Codex before Christmas? (Nids need not apply).

My money's on Orks and Thousand Sons.

What did they do to commisars?

Nerfed summary execution so it does nothing.

marines and necrons

make a list yourself you lazy cunt. Then people will help improve it.

Necrons and Sisters

Thinking of starting adeptus custard.

Talk me out of it.

>Whatre you fellow loyalists working on?
Fixing a badly built / painted Dark Angel force

It's not Orks, Necrons, or Dark Eldar we go through this every thread.

what is that white sticky looking mystery fluid?

Your floor looks like it could use some vacuum cleaning

Best stripper I had on hand

Better off starting them in 30k if you're going to do that, they've got far more options.

>accedently posting in the wrong thread.
If i prime white, what wash do I use to make bones look good?

>wanted to do 2kpts Dangles
>bought all the pieces i need for my infntry, still need bikes and land speeder
>in my breaks from painting (which admittedly has terrible output right now due to wageslave life + Destiny 2) build a 2k list of Harlequins+Craftworld Wraiths
>2.5 Marines completed
>bought a box of Deathwatch for bitz
>and a Harleuin Troupe
Help me pls, I'm afraid I'll come home with a Wraithlord or, God help me, a Knight for the IK/Skit list I made. This truly is plastic crack.

I thought about it, but I've dropped too many heads/arms/backpacks to do that just yet

I'm sorry user. You are already lost.

My favorite recipe is white primer>Rakarth Flesh> completely cover Sepia wash>midtones Ushabti Bone

Good, pale bone color with good blending in the recesses. Thin it out so you'll need about 3 coats to "completely" cooler the previous layers.

user no

>Lorgar is creating Chaos Sisters
what fresh new meme is this?

Surprisingly it's working pretty damn well.

Except for my house stinking of pine

Just don't get water anywhere near it

I've spent hours working with Dettol and it's gummed up some minis pretty badly if not done properly

They might still be usable (bad, but usable) if it did nothing. Now it's actually negative most of the time.

Thousand Sons and Blood Angels

xth for thin your kanji

Yea I figured that no water until they're scrubbed clean. Which isn't too bad the guy I bought these minis off apparently didn't know what primer is, or plastic glue it's great

It gets canceled out by the ld buff, but yeah not great.

Should I paint my Rubric Marines with the weapons on or off? I'm not a fan of having lots of little parts sitting about all the time, but I recognise that it's going to be awkward to fill in all those blue areas over a gold spray under the gun

Thanks buddy, I'll try it out.

paint the marines without weapons first

Alpha Legion or Night Lords

Which one is the best?

>tfw having two armies without codexes
I have about 1500pts of 3rd ed nids that's been laying in a box since early 2000's, will I be a waac fag if I dig them out and play once the codex hit?

Alpha legion for METALH BAWKSES

That's_bullshit_but_I_believe_it.jpg

It's personal preference.

Only if you beat me, user. If you lose then it's all fine, although of course I'll call you a dumbass behind your back.

Alpha Legion, even with Commissars being nerfed Night Lords gimmick is still rarely useful and you'll be especially gimped against Nids.

What's a good weapons choice for the Land Speeder Storm?
I'm using it as a transport/fire support for a small group of scouts with sniper rifles and a heavy bolter.
Should I give the speeder a heavy bolter as well, to represent the scout with this special weapon shooting from inside when embarked? Or should I give it a heavy flamer for improved overwatch in case the squad gets charged?
Assault cannon is also an option, but a bit pricey with really short range, and the Multi-melta seems a bit pointless, since this squad is not supposed to hunt vehicles.

Each Necromunda mini has 2 seperate builds per body.

pretty cool desu.

>Should I give the speeder a heavy bolter as well, to represent the scout with this special weapon shooting from inside when embarked?

Aren't Land speeder Storm open-topped? You can actually shoot with the one embarked if yes.

Alpha Legion have stronger rules. Night Lords have cooler models available.

More than that. The faces, hair, and arms are all completely interchangeable. faces, armor, arms and chest armor for the Goliaths. I'm wondering if there are extra bits. Maybe enough to have all masks for example.

does anyone here have a size comparison between the 40k custodes and the standard sm termies?

any news on when codex craftworlds will be liberated

I really hate that stupid whip.

otherwise I'm jazzed about the whole set

They are open topped, yes.
What I meant by that was the model itself. It features one scout in the front seat next to the driver aiming whatever weapon the land speeder is equipped with. So, fluff wise, that'd be my heavy bolter guy attaching his weapon to the vehicle for stable aiming, and crunch wise, the vehicle just fires with two heavy bolters and four sniper rifles.

after they REMOVE slaanesh like age of Sigmar

I really hope they don't, because I need all 4 cult Legions and Primarchs

Still no Eldar codex? Really, Veeky Forums?

Has the chaos predator been discontinued?

No. GW is just struggling to hold stuff in stock.

You use Dettol to get the paint into a gooey state. Then you use metho to scrub it off. Never use water; it turns the Dettol-paint mixture into some sort of viscous ooze.

>56124328
Reminder that Slaanesh is still alive in AoS, just imprisoned somehow.
Reminder that Khorne, Nurgle, and Tzeentch are sick of the horned rat and want Slaanesh back.
Reminder that Hosts of Slaanesh is still a faction in AoS.
Reminder that AoS is still shit despite how much back peddling they've done.
Reminder that fags who push the "Slaanesh being squatted" meme are shitlords telling blatant lies for no other reason than to get attention.

While cool, I don't think a scout unit with sniper rifles and heavy bolters gain much from a Land speeder Storm. They have enought range that just giving them camo cloacks and deploying them where you want is enought. And having heavy weapons make them shot worse if they move.

You should consider arming your scout unit with shotguns, which actually is improved by the added mobility.

That actually sounds like the guys at my lgs.
Damnit.

You have a good point with the range and heavy weapons rules.
but Shotguns? Is the +1 strength at 6'' range really better than the good old bolter? I feel that the range of regular bolters, as well as the ability to fire twice within half range, would be better than the shotgun.
So, considering the new low-range theme, would an assault cannon's double amount of shots and +1 strength with it's 66% range of the heavy bolter (24'') be worth the enormous price increase?

I've been putting together an Imperial Guard list after not playing the game for ages, and I've only just noticed that tanks no longer have pintle-mounted Heavy Stubbers or Storm Bolters listed as a wargear option. Virtually all of my Russes and Chimeras have them mounted on the models, what exactly am I supposed to do here?

Either rip them off or use them as count-as whatever you want to have on your tanks.

Pintle weapons are listed as weapon options on the datasheet of the particular model themselves rather than a separate wargear option.

Shotguns have the same numbers of shots of bolters inside 12". The point is that you are using an extremely mobile platform for them. It's a single S4 shot at 24" really something you are going to need/use? Because if not then the S5 within 6" is all gravy.

I'd also go with the heavy flamer if you are going to use it that way. You are already going to be close to the enemy, you can flame them. then flame if they charge you, then retreat and flame them again.

Consider that the role of a unit like this is to go after objective campers, support elements and generally bullying small support units.

>Edge Lords
>2017

Still no eldar codex epub?

whats method

Method is a way of doing things. Metho is methylated spirits.

Ladies. Eldar pdf when???

You're right, I somehow overlooked that Shotguns are Assault 2 rather than 1.
This has been extremely constructive, thank you, but one more question:
How do I prevent getting repeatedly charged? 6'' is not all that long, and I fear the idea of getting charged right after falling back. This was why I was originally going for a long-range build.

Oh, and I forgot one thing. USE GLOVES. Immersing your hands in raw Dettol for any length of time will suck all the moisture out of your hands causing your skin to shrivel up and your hands to get what feels like insanely strong pins and needles.

thanks

double thanks, does it get rid of the stink? last time i cleaned models i threw them away because they stunk of dettol which annoyed me.

Metho will clean off the smell no problem.

Just put in an order gor a 5th tyranid codex, with that ill have every codex for the vugs thats been printed. What shpuld i look forward to in the objectively worst tyranid codex to date?

>Alpha Legion or Night Lords
The answer is simple, it's the Emperor's Children. Why choosing between sons of bitches and sadistic madmen when you can be both?

You are in denial.
Ask yourself those questions :

- why is Slaanesh being slowly pushed away from the front scene in AOS, having defacto been replaced by the newcoming horned rat ?
- why are the Ynnari being introduced into 40k, if not to kick the shit out of Slaaneesh once and for all ?
- why is the ONLY Chaos Space Marine unit left with the "Slaanesh" keyword on GW's website Armless Abbadon ?!

Face it - GW tested waters with AOS, and they will now squat the Slaaneshi Daemons as soon as they will be able to get away with it.
And there will be no outrage, because only lorefags such as you or me will even care about he/she/it disapearing almost without a trace, save for some passing mention in future backround lore.

GW wants 40k to be PG13. They will do it, sooner or later. Adios, cocaine and dancing daemonic bitches. Da svedanya, my younger passionate days. Goodbye, sweet Prince(ss) !

Looked online for inspiration for creating a Nurgle Daemon Prince and saw this guy.

Seems to just be standard plastic Daemon Prince with green stuff belly and around his eyes etc.

Would it be hard to do like that? I know how green stuff works but I've not done it.

Thanks.

Finally, will metho destroy resin/superglue bonds?

Completely unsubstantiated codex leaks put both hive tyrants and at T7 with 12 wounds and a 4+ invulnerable save. Also able to deepstrike if they have wings.

Overpriced MCs, fragile troops and useless elites and situational traits and boring psychic powers.

However one model will be good so you just have to build around spamming it.

The point is that, as long as you keep some distance form serious melee units, the opponent charging you is actually working in your favor. Picture the situation. You move near a small support unit or an objective camper. You flame and unload shotguns. Your opponents charge you. You flame in overwatch. You then disembark, and retreat. You flame him because flying and your scouts fire again. If he charges then you either flame him again to repeat the thing the next turn. or he charges the scout, at which point the next turn you retreat and embark, only to flame him for the fourth time in two turns.

Consider that the disembarked scout units is also a thorn in his side if he can't spare the firepower as they have obsec and they can easyly charge vehicles or long range units to stop them from firing, a thing the LSS can also do.

The whole point is that is a unit that can easily be annoying, can go for objectives and disrupt support units, but fold easily when the opponents dedicate to it any serious firepower.

Depends on the join. I scrubbed something plastic recently and it came apart but it was a kitbash with pretty dodgy joins. I have scrubbed resin and it didn't come apart so it should be fine.

Pretty sure if you click on tzeench it does the same thing (my mate was complaining about it the other day) you false flag bitch.

Who's the horned rat anyway for those of us who don't care about AoS?

Ynnari are introduced to be the nemesis of slaanesh for a new box set later in 2018, will be a combination of Eldar, Deldar and Harlequins vs Slaanesh Daemons and Emperors Children, its gonna be neat.

The 6th edition codex is even worse than 5th desu

You do realize that it's completely possible to have Slaanesh models that don't incorporate a sexual element?
Not everything has to be something you can jerk off too

Fantastic, i painted my tantalus in overly thick paint a year ago in a scheme id made myself but now I'm redoing all my deldar as Kabal of the Black Heart.

Good luck! It may need 2 strips if the paint is really thick but like I said, Dettol I've found much better than Simple Green so hope it works out for you.

the actual sculpting work on that one seems pretty simple because it's obscuring detail more than it's doing anything else. You will need to do a pretty epic job with the painting though or it'll just look like an amorphous blob

Just pick any army, but use only their elite units. A unit of 10 Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard with encarmine swords is 375pts, for instance.