Adventurer guild yes

Adventurer guild yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=viqT1v4R5JY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop spamming this.

Why the compulsive need to spam about Guilds user?

Let's move past guilds and talk about your personal problems.

Why do you feel this need to spam about Guilds?

Yes, lets talk about OP's personal problems.

Guild Girl a cute, but Cowgirl a best. The newest chapter upgraded my opinion of Guild Girl a lot though, as she now seems a lot less incompetent than I first thought.

I'm still upset that she hasn't hired Goblin Slayer to write a "how not to get raped by Goblins" handbook for newfags.

Were you born a faggot, OP, or did you train very hard to achieve it?

To be fair, goblins are essentially the baseline of adventurer problems to deal with.

if you can't avoid getting raped by goblins your either a degenerate or your not cut out for adventuring.

How so? All she did was hire two extremely high ranked adventurers to help her conduct an interview with a team of adventurers, but she demoted him instead leaving the party he is leading still doing all the honest work while he still gets to be a dick-ass thief - it just means that monk’s salary is reduced to feed his family.

If anything, it shows how the process to promote a rank wastes high-rank adventurers’ time because they are the only competent ones, and it shows that the guild system in Goblin Slayer truly is broken no matter your merits. You can be a hard working adventurer, but they let you be taken advantage of freely and without explaination at all levels.

This is correct they set up a great premise for advanced characters helpin the noobs and threw it all out the window to try and make the other but characters competent.

That said I actually quite enjoy this comic when I first thought it was just rape memes. There's problem solving and a practical approach to dungeon crawling that I think a lot of newer players could learn from if they bothered to look past the surface.

>implying Adventurer Guild

Adventurer Guilds in reality would basically be Fantasy Mafia.
- They mediate any job you want, and take a hefty cut for it.
- They are highly immoral and do any job that other self-respecting guilds refuse, which allows the Guild to stay in the limelight.
- They offer cuthroat prices for equipment, basically perpetuating the vicious cycle of:
>buy equipment
>take appropriate quests
>complete the quest
>get reward
>spend all you reward on better equipment in order to be able to tackle more high-level quests
>rinse, repeat
- The enforcers of the Adventurer Guild are just more high-level adventurers. All of it is basically one giant Ponzi scheme.
- High adventurer turnover rate due to the natural danger of the quests, and thus, adventurer mortality.

Imagine if all of the Mr. Johnsons from Shadowrun were congregated in a single place.
Imagine if they killed (or worse) every Mr. Johnson that didn't join their corrupt enterprise and paid "protection" fees.
Imagine that every outsource job in the village/town/city/country would have to go through the Adventurer Guild, and they had an unrestrained monopoly.
That's what Adventurer Guilds are in a nutshell. Mafia.

Stop fucking spamming the board with this thread every 6 hours

If you hate those threads so much, why do you bump them

I hate the comic because the inconsistent world only bends the rules when Goblin Slayer’s pragmatism is around. It’s the same emotion-is-strength powers-as-plot-putty tripe, but the emotion that is strongest is hate instead of love and the power is rules-lawyering instead of magic or whatever.

So, it's just like your usual table top game then. :P

Just like real life Guilds/Unions?

youtube.com/watch?v=viqT1v4R5JY

>but the emotion that is strongest is hate instead of love
Thank you for reminding me why enjoy this so much.

>>spend all you reward on better equipment in order to be able to tackle more high-level quests
>>rinse, repeat
Eventually you're gonna need to start collecting gear from those ancient advanced civilizations who got destroyed from tampering with mystic forces beyond them or godly relics crafted by the lord of smithing himself, rather than any +3 full plate from some podunk enchanter.

You speak as if that's a bad thing.

>an adventurer realizes he spent all of his money on whores and booze
>the only things he has are his weapons and armor
>"Oy ey, goyim, how about our Guild gives you a loan, and you put your mythical armor at stake? We'll also give you another, slightly worse armor "free of charge" (c) if you take the loan! You can buy your armor back once you return, of course."
>adventurer goes adventuring, dies to a monster
>"Oy vey, looks like we've got another mythical artifact for the pile in the basement!"

From the standpoint of having plothooks, it's an absolutely great thing.
From an in-universe standpoint, it can range anywhere from "We care about our Familia" to "Everyone is disposable".

Y'all need some gold and glory.

Wait, bronze isn't worth as much as those rare gems.

Wasn't it heavily implied that the other three members were promoted, and would therefore be able to take on missions that would pay better? Between that and their dick-ass "scout" being demoted, I assumed they'd just fill the slot with someone else. Presumably someone more trustworthy. They're not losing out at all.

Adventurer guilds are the bbeg. They also ruin the sense of freedom and wonder that people are playing escapist games in the first place with corporate autism.

>stop playing humans threads are not allowed but spamming this is

>stop playing humans threads are not allowed
Because it's furfag central

>Wasn't it heavily implied that the other three members were promoted
No, it was stated flat out

t. Elf
You have the same adventure autism

Anyone getting the feeling of deja vu?

Eh, it's prolly nothing.

Why do elves become cuter the more smug they get?

Some spiritual teachings say that life goes in repeating circles. Ever since discovering Veeky Forums, I'm more inclined to believe that's true.

Roll to sense motive

Rolled 19 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

If you want to suck the "adventure" out of "adventurer" then yeah, sure.

Well, several of these threads have been deleted. Don't ask me why this one is allowed to stay.

I wait for her rape. Delicious elf rape.

Dude, you are on the internet. Just look it up.

Please no meme answers.
Please don't give that attentionfag (You)'s.

Is it possible to Dr. Deletus the goblin fetus?

>the emotion that is strongest is hate instead of love
But that's true. People get way more done when they're motivated by hate instead of love.

The world is consistent though, GS doesn't let the dice roll
The anger = strength stuff is also easily explained if he took a level in barbarian, Year One already confirms he was a Fighter/Ranger when he first signed up at the guild and its been years since then

This artist is a genius.

>if you can't avoid getting raped by goblins your either a degenerate or your not cut out for adventuring.
I mean yeah but they might be better off not having 2/3rds of their adventurers dying on their first quest.

>GS doesn't let the dice roll
>Roll to intimidate
>he slaps the dice out of the person's hands
>dude what the fuck

>People get way more done when they're motivated by hate instead of love.

Source.

Given how minimally to 0 training everyone gets, why not make them prepared before sending them out?

> easily explained if he took a level in barbarian
>The world makes sense if you involve meta concepts

This triggers me

Because then you wouldn't be able to have a scene where naive adventurers get raped by competence.

You would also need to work harder to have Goblin Slayer look badass.

The application to be an adventurer is literally a dungeons and dragons character sheet.

Meh. I just like the characters in there and hope there is a good end in store for at least one of the party.

As it stands I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Dickbag Mcthief will be back and ruin things at the worst possible time and something bad happens to Priestess I think. Presumably not goblins which turns GS into essentially Fantasy Punisher. Sidenote I'd like to give cash directly to the authors. This manga is awesome.

Lastly a question, what kind of guilds do you folks run in games? In my games they're mercenary agencies with good PR. They vary greatly between cities in quality. Players need to look out as each guild chapter is heavily entwined with city state politics, though I adjust complexity of the structure to fit the campaigns I run. Currently it's kind of fallen to the wayside for beer n pretzels dungeon crawling. Now the biggest impact is when occasionally for giggles I throw in rival guild adventurers. Actually impressed the party somehow avoided a civil war so far.

Pretty much
The entire premise of the world is a DnD game being played by the gods, with the god of Reality DMing and the god of Fantasy making and playing all the cliche PCs
GS negates dice rolls from happening and then reality starts to reassert itself so Reality likes him even though GS interfering stopped Priestess, who is one of Fantasies PCs, from getting gobbed

Except there are easier quests, like dealing with giant rats. But for some reason the idea that goblins are super weak persists despite the fucking 75% casualty rates they seem to inflict for the sole reason that new adventurers don't think they're capable of cunning.

If I hire some rookies to go clear out a nest of vipers, I'm going to at least give them a quick explanation or a pamphlet about the fact that snakes like to hide under things and ambush people and are generally slippery.

It's all just contrived to make GS look like the only intelligent person in the world by making everyone else a retard.

Literally means nothing. I mean, it's really silly to have people guess values and put them on a piece of paper and expect it to be accurate.

Or are you trying to say that the world of Goblin Slayer is actually a That DM running his rape fetish and luring in people who sign up for a fun fantasy game.

>something bad happens to Priestess I think
A goblin champion breaks her legs and takes a bite out of her shoulder and would have kept eating her but GS berserks and rips off its arm and strangles it with a spinal cord
All because Elf told him he couldn't use his usual methods, fucking knife ears

World War 2.

Do you like computers, jet aircraft and Christopher Lee? Well there you go then.

You can tell the exact moment that thread on /a/ archied and then suddenly we have exactly the same thread witht the same content again and again and again. This fanbase is pure cancer.

Seems to be implying that this is in fact just some shitty campaign and Goblin Slayer just made a broken build and was too lazy to actually develop his character beyond "he kills goblins."

The world of GS is literally a DnD game with Tuckers kobolds recast as goblins
The incompetence of everyone else is vastly overstated by people nitpicking at the series with only the 15 year old kids at the very start being to dumb to live

>It's all just contrived to make GS look like the only intelligent person in the world by making everyone else a retard.
Yes, because the story tries to play the idea that the main character is just normal in terms of strength and ability while living on a world where his direct peers fight dragons in chain mail bikinis unscathed. Have to start the bar very low to justify him looking good by comparison.

All that was being developed before and after the war.

The system is broken, not Goblin Slayer.

His "broken build" is wearing a helmet.

Sounds like a dick DM being nit-picky on details.

Next time OP, you should go "ITT: We create an adventure guild 1 word at a time"

And see how it goes, maybe Veeky Forums can create a genuinely good one.

> Tuckers kobolds recast as goblins

Those gobbos are not even Tucker's kobolds. They are edge lords

> too dumb to live

Oh, you mean how the guild let them go in without training or proper equipment? How about villagers that seem to be little more than defenseless sheep against the fearsome goblins who are literally half their size? Talking about those villagers, why would they let literal rape-murder monsters live? Especially after they attacked their village to rape and murder them?

>That DM running his rape fetish and luring in people who sign up for a fun fantasy game.

Dude that was how I got introduced to the series. Literally the above, with the addition of '"There is one Player who sticks with the GM just to spite the bastard. Right now some newbie players just signed up unaware there is a cold war going on. Everything seems fine at first glance but looming behind the scenes is a fine balance between the GM's threat of Rapeblins and Goblin Slayers' threat of /pol/ tier shenanigans."

>ITT: We create an adventure guild 1 word at a time
CORRUPT

He's still outperforming everyone else despite his party not being as pants on head retarded as the party we are first introduced to. Alternatively GS is a DMPC who just has all his rolls fudged so he always wins. Would explain him showing up late to save the party we were first introduced to and would keep with the theme of the DM being garbage.

So this is just Discworld, only Gobslayer isn't nearly as misfortunate as Rincewind, has less satisfying victories, and lives in a world where the concepts of the gods affecting the world they manage and maintaining a narrative do not have tangible effects?

Truly, Japanese worldbuilding is built on shamelessly half-assing other cultural products.

NIGGERS

And I'm glad that you can completely rework the premise of the series in your head to find enjoyment from it. However the reality of what the author presents is trash. You shouldn't force your readers to do mental gymnastics to enjoy the story you are telling.

PRIESTS

I was thinking having him as a DMPC makes sense.

WHO

>it's the guilds duty to tell adults what to do
GG even does try to give them advice and suggest a different job but they insist
Training grounds are established later on anyway
>Villagers
You mean the ones that have been established as handling a gob or two with no problem, the same villages that are shown as having built walls and posted guards that only get overrun by a horde? And these same villages that when they can't handle it go to the guild for help

You sound like that guy from /a/ that started complaining about how taxes work in GS' world

Agame Ga Kill had a similar thing going on, where it was almost a silly tryhard RPG but didn't bother explaining itself as such, so the result was just garbage with missed premise that would have made it less garbage.

All of them saw a lot more development during the conflict. Also rockets, both liquid and solid state.

Still not hearing a refutation by the way. Also to clarify something, given the blanket statement of hate versus love is a broad one. I count competition under the hate banner here, which is what really is a great motivator. Not necessarily the kill maim burn frothing at the mouth kind of hate.

>where the concepts of the gods affecting the world they manage and maintaining a narrative do not have tangible effects?
What are you talking about, Haruhi was one of Fantasies PCs and killed the demon lord

>Agame Ga Kill
Don't get me started
>90% of the story takes place in the capital
>We don't even know what the capital is called

>We should just let 15 year olds get raped and murdered!

> handling a gob or two with no problem

Yeah, they should be able to handle more. Fuck, in this setting they should have gotten on that wall game way earlier. Why isn't the local lords sending out armored troops to go on an extermination campaign against goblins?

Also way to dodge the question about them letting goblins run away in the first place.

>Be DM
>Oh I have the best idea for a campaign
>Killing goblins
>Party goes into goblin cave
>Oh shit these retards are dying everywhere
>Well I guess they need someone to save them, DMPC to the rescue
>You know I kind of like this unnamed NPC I had save the party
>I guess I will just keep him around for a bit until the group gets the hang of the system
>Proceeds to steal the spotlight from the party

Rework how? How is my reading of the PC vs GM cold war off the mark here? About the only thing I can't tell if GS is This Guy or That Guy.

RAPE

>All of them saw a lot more development during the conflict.

So?

KITTEN

Nah, you forgot to put in the DM being "kekekeke" when he is completely aware the party is unprepared for the kind of fight coming up and then eagerly describes how they are raped.

>medieval society should have the same age restrictions as modern day
>local lords
Yeah you are definitely that autist from /a/ making the exact same complaints
This is where I tell you they are living on the frontier and you sperg out wondering why anyone would ever live their in the first place

Also way to split hairs and project claiming take care of means let go
Don't you have some complaints about taxes to make

Why is the guild incapable of simply denying them the job & telling them to choose another?

>How is my reading of the PC vs GM cold war off the mark here?

Because that is something you have made up and is completely unsupported by the story.

>DM masturbates to the monk girl being raped the night after the first session

DUODENUMS

>medieval society should have the same age restrictions as modern day
What? Homie, I'm trying to point out that the guild is an evil and incompetent organization. Are you agreeing with me?

I have repeatedly masturbated to the thought of my character getting gang raped by the party or monsters.
I have written stories about it too.

Is that particularily weird?

Yeah, why the fuck would they live in rape-murder country? Why are there not local soldiers stationed there to fight off the rape-murder monsters? Why are you so afraid of explaining why people were letting the rape-murder monsters go?

>Yeah you are definitely that autist from /a/ making the exact same complaints

It depends - are you a grill?

Not really, it's a form of expression.

It's another thing entirely when you force it on the party.

>story about edge-lord being stronger and smart than everyone else
>story about always attractive and young females who also never wear armor being raped
>story about edge-lord having harem
>story in which edge-lord hates goblins but he never teaches others how to more effectively kill (other than pure priest waifu who is also in informal harem)
>story in which adventurers who are incredibly powerful and alive exist but they would all rather fuck off to the edge of the world instead of protect their village from rape-monsters

It's just shit-tier power-fantasy.

Your character? Less so. Being a DM, getting a player's character raped, and masturbating to that seems weird to me however.

Because in theory they should be able to handle it and most do or just run away
That first party we are shown was a special case of being overconfident and unprepared and panicking when shit hit the fan
In Year One GS makes some of the same mistakes they do but doesn't panic and makes it through
Then on the business side there would probably be complaints of favoritism if you only let GS go kill gobs and made all the newbies kill rats