Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1838: Dresden be Dangerous Yo

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Christ on a fucking stick, did some moron really just post this?

Apparently.

Rookies be as Rookies do.

The Redditors return.

Exactly how dangerous is dresden for a jumper who is around 30 jumps in his chain?

How could I go about setting up dragons who can actually draw magical power from their hordes, ergo the dragon with the biggest horde is more dangerous because of his horde, though they've likely used it to get a bigger horde too, rather than Smaug style dragons that get their giant hordes because they are powerful?

Anyone know when the list will be getting updated? I want to do a roll chain but it's missing a large number of jumps.

Well either you could teach them the gold into mana trick from masters of magic or you could rig it so that every coin can contain a certain amount of magic like the gems in eragon. Or you could make every coin in the realm be a small magic circle and every magic circle adds power to the pile.

Depends partly on what jumps obviously. but regardless you should be alright provided you avoid Dresden like the second coming of John Constantine. Butterflies may cause the end of the world because of how much shit he needs to solve.

OP we're on thread 1839.

That was the last thread.

Its not the first time thats happened.

I know just posting near the top so the next thread might fix the mistake. Also doing it to add the link to the actual last thread.

4plebs tells me Veeky Forums has 2016 threads with jumpchain in the title. Its happened a lot.

Yo it's that guy here, sorry about that. Direct your hate here.

On another note, here's the jump, except in the right place this time. Hopefully.

(How do I delete it? I'm newfag)

I posted another one, OP please delete this one

Many of those will probably be threads that got deleted too. Anyway are we staying here or moving?

Why the fuck would you do that you fucking moron?

Because OP fucked up the Edition number, you fucking spaz

Who cares? We've missed plenty. Stop being such an autist about it.

Spear is best weapon.

What about a spear attached to a vampire?

I actually agree for the most part, but there is so little cool spearman art.

I'm happy to be the autistic one, because you've clearly got the more detrimental disorder
>Why to fuck would you do that you fucking moron?

Looks like your thread got pruned anyway retard.

Click the button beside Anonymous and then scroll to the bottom of the page and press delete.

while insulting them, you have just confirmed you are in fact autistic... not the best course of action

I deleted it, flid.

It's linguistic convergence, I'm trying to type more like him to easy the conversation.

>buy Sader Fiasco companion
>take You Pissed Off The Wrong Woman drawback
>Sader vs Sader?

Then you accepted your failures, a good start for a mongoloid like yourself.

>to easy the conversation.
*to ease the course of the conversation

An autist wouldn't make such a mistake

No, I accepted OP's failure and am at peace with it

What's this setting about?

From what I understand even a high power jumper may be in some trouble if they go outsider. Angels are apparently nothing to sniff at in setting. Like uriel brags he could destroy multiple galaxies.

This is...wow. I guess it is a Reddit jump.

Could you please detail the setting in the intro? What is this series even about or meant to be?

What does Space Competent do in future jumps?

Super Hot Signature needs to be clearer on what it does. Can we move in frozen time? What does it mean when talking about the inventory stuff?

Why is Name Relevant in perks and not items?

What does I Know A Guy do beyond the description of the perk?

Overall, the jump's biggest flaw by far is that you seem to assume everyone has played the game too and you need to give more explanations everwhere.

Val you around? I don't know if you remember but a couple threads ago someone was asking for a none Space Marine origin for the Gray Knights jump. I remember this thing about them having a blank serf or such that lays the bodies of Gray Knights to rest. He's needed so that the dead can actually rest in piece and de-corrupt any chaos taint that the bodies pick up during their life. You could do something based on him. It's not much help but it is an idea.

Well... the more powerful entities are, the more restrictions they have on their behaviour. Only Mortals have absolute freedom with minimal limits or consequences as far as the supernatural is concerned. Angels could destroy galaxies, but they're not allowed to do much beyond what we see in the books.

Not him but if its the onne I am thinking of then you are a space mercenary doing space mercenary things.

Yo. Anyway, yeah, I know there's non space marine serfs and such, but I don't believe there's enough for the origin size I'm going for and I don't really want to tack on a tiny, half assed origin just for these purposes. It's a neat example but it's not 8 perks and 4 items worth of example.

Das purty vague.

I was just about to post a reply but this user just covered about 90% of what I was going to say.

S'all good, never expected it to really work out anyway. What are the origins gonna be out of curiosity?

I didn't get much of a response last thread, so I'm reposting this again for a final review.

Divinity: Original Sin Jump

Hey Val do you know if any of the Lost Colors game will make it into Code Geass?

Well, if I'm being honest, I'm actually thinking of only having one- Grey Knight. Unlike normally with Warhammer jumps, I'm finding that it might actually work better. Everyone's a Grey Knight and the few different sorts, like Librarians or Techmarines, don't really get any actual focus. For the most part, it just focuses on the knightly heroic knight heroes, which is...basically the archetype they all follow, more or less. Different weapons but in the end, the same sort.

Last I heard it was being included, yes. Definitely making kicking Alice's ass into gear a holiday priority

How would one origin work then? What would the perk lines be based off of?

Kaldor Drago companion? If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device one specifcally. Or a drawback that makes you that version of him without the stupid powers.

Same way it did with the other jumps I did that way. You'd get a bunch of perk and item lines and then pick a certain number of discounts along each line.

Yeah, probably not going to happen. I find Text Speech Device way too overdone for my own tastes.

Yes, I'm here as it gets posted. Dis is sexy Yorokonde, I'll finish getting them companion options typed up ASAP.
Pyrokinetic reads very nicely, clearly I'd be inclined to a certain type of crime if I ever... felt the need to cause property damage.

I do want to know why the Sneaking skill is in the Magic Tree though. Also, how quickly would modern governments ban Tenebrium grenades? For reasons I'd rather not disclose.

>Last I heard it was being included, yes
Yay, thanks for telling me Val. I can be best friends with Rai then.

>Spoiler
Fufufufu. Go for it!

how goes things?

>Source Hunter
>They absolutely despite Sourcery
Think you mean despise, sorry this is all I can contribute.

What makes a Sourcerer a Sourcerer? Like, what makes their magic different?

Pretty good. Finally on official holidays, so I should be able to get Dies Irae out in a few days. Woulda done some tonight but got tricked into starting on that 'You will never be the jumper' thing and it's surprisingly addictive though most of that is prooobably just that it feels like going on a chain and satisfies my desperate wish to start a new chain

Another slight niggle:
>Staffing this tavern is a collection of busty wenches who are vicious flirts but nothing more
>but nothing more
>nothing more
Why man? Why you do dis?

Much appreciated FU, I was worried I made Pyrokinetic a little too attractive compared to the other magical schools, but holy shit it's hard to downplay setting yourself on fire and calling down a meteor swarm.

The Sneaking skill got put under the Magic tree because it was the only was I could come up with to make sure the sneakers got their skill without giving them an extra discount and throwing off the whole five Discounts per class rule I had going.

Modern governments would declare Tenebrium grenades a literal war crime. They'd think it was a biological weapon, and an incurable and utterly lethal one at that. You literally can't cure the plague attached to that stuff with just herbs and science.

Oh, thank you. I missed that one.

For the most part, Sourcerers use the Witchcraft school of magic. That's the true dark magic. But, Source Hunters get a little... zealous in this day and age. They investigate anyone who is using new or unusual magic, and if they believe they are using it for evil purposes, accuse them of being a Sourcerer. Which tends to result in their death.

And don't bother pointing out to the Source Hunters that a bunch of their own members use the stuff. They're not Sourcerer's, they're "Turning their tainted talent towards hunting down those worse than them."

They're a fun group.

Because it amuses me. And it's a dig at the fact the game doesn't have any naughtiness in it save for the mayor's wife in a tub.

The danger varies depending on where you go and what you butterfly. We don't actually know how the story's going to end yet, though basically it appears to be moving towards the end of a massive xanatos pileup to create/prevent various Bad Ends for the entire world. Luck / precog / planning perks would probably help a great deal.

What about just swinging a vampire around by the legs and slashing people with their fangs?

In answer to your declaration of "I didn't get much of a response last thread", I think its because any issues or questions you would have gotten now have already been put forward and addressed by you with your WiPs.

Thank you again for your hard work :)

You have a point there. I guess I did post this WIP a /lot/ more than was normal for me.

Bro!Cu agrees wholeheartedly.

Jumpers, when has something completely unplanned happened? Did an enemy ever surprise you? Did a bystander you never even thought of have an effect on your plots? Have your powers interact with something in unexpected ways?

>I'm newfag
lurk moar

So how do you Jumpers maintain your musical career?

Will there be Inquisitor options and the like? I like the idea of daemon hunting, but the beefy mclargehueg design of spess muhreens irritates me. Plus, Inquisitors get awesome hats.

No, thought about it but it's better left for a DH jump to cover.

Would you be willing to do a DH jump?

Inquisitor hats are nothing compared to Ecclesiarchy hats.

Eventually sure but it's way too big a project for me to get into now.

I have a fetich soul-world dedicated to over the top melodramatic operas and diegetic music as a form of prayer. I call it Masquerade.

This is opposed to the other fetich soul-world where everyone does their damnedest to improve themselves and use discipline as a form of prayer. I call it Routine.

Nah.

>scary pilgrim witch hats >>>>>>>>>>>> pope hats with skulls

What's this about Code Geass? I thought the maker of that jump up and disappeared like, forever ago, did I miss some recent news about that?

>Having to use a hat to cover the forehead brand you probably have.

It's not really recent news, but either Rose or Alice has claimed it a few weeks/months ago. No clue how it's progressing.

>not being into ritual tattoos and brands
It's like you just want to be some vanilla Hollywood pretty person.

Actually, waifus are best weapons

Reborn put a few of his old jumps up for remakes a while ago. Familiar of Zero was claimed by Digger and Alice picked up Code Geass.

Hey I said brand. Tattoos are all good but you'd think an Inquisitor, who's job is investigating thing, wouldn't display their fucking allegiance on their forehead. It works for Chaos cultists cause they're fucking cultists who normally just run at the enemy in a frothing insanity filled rage. It doesn't work when you need to infiltrate a planetary governors palace acting as a simple servant.

Also I kinda hope we get an Assassinorum jump.

What's up with her neck?

I thought FoZ was claimed by Heavens?

Huh, I guess I do remember something like that coming up a while ago. Guess I was just surprised to hear someone bring it up now, after so long without a word.

>Familiar of Zero was claimed by Digge
Think he dropped it though, and after that nobody bothered to pick it up. Pretty sad imo, it's a nice setting.

Ok, so work on Valkyrie Crusade is going well, I've nearly finished a Jumpable WIP of it which I'll likely post either later today or tomorrow. (For people who haven't heard of it, VC is a mobile gacha game in a vein similar to FGO but with added kingdom building)
I do have a question for people though. One of the items/buildings one can buy is a 'Magic School'. Would people prefer this to be a school that teaches Summoning magic (thematic but restrictive, especially given there are already several summoner orientated perks/items) or just general magic (generic but more broad)

Which magic fits more with the setting, go with that one. If almost everyone in settings knows summoning use that, if it's the opposite and very few know summoning but more general stuff is common do that.

I dropped it a while ago because Light Novels hurt mah brain. That said, no one else seems to have picked it up for almost a year, so...I guess I'll see if I can later? If anyone else still wants to, they're welcome to it.

>pic related

Ok, I could accept that all the various pipes and gauges and shit that you see sticking out of 40k characters was life support that they need from living in such a shithole world. But I absolutely refuse to believe that this giant obtrusive dildo horn this guy has jutting out of his head has any possible function or practical use.

Iteration 1 of Heat Signature Jump

Yo, seriously dude, you need to get rid of that thread you started, it's still there.

I can't delete it, it says it's been too long.

It actually does. It amplifies the abilities and powers of a Blank. It's used by Culexus Assassin, which are dedicated psyker assassins. They also emit an aura of fear and despair if memory serves.

They send one of those to kill a Tau Ethereal for reasons which are beyond me. Tau aren't psykers and literally cannot be psykers. They should have just sent a couple of Eversor assassins.

The rub is that they both kind of suite the setting equally well. There's a fair few generic magic users, with summoner magic seemingly fairly rare, but for obvious reasons summoning magic is mentioned/referenced much more often.

Go for generic magic teaching then. If summoning is rare the chances of it actually being taught are far less than generic.

>Valkyrie Crusade
What's up with that setting that always has a character in any of the omnipotent powers in the powerlisting wiki

Everything worked out this time, but for future reference, if you want to make a jump of a setting, you should drop a claim in one of these threads beforehand, just to make sure that there's not already a jump for it.

I haven't had time to read the pdf yet, so I'll be able to give more constructive criticism once I have.

Yeah, that seems sensible.
vague descriptions on the cards abilities/backstory combined with there being literal gods/demons.

Seriously, is that a thing? Never actually made a thread myself, so I had no idea there was a dumb limitation like that.

I guess that's... Fair. Seems a bit counterproductive to make a severely top heavy assassin with limited range of neck movement, but whatever, I guess that's just the aesthetic of the place, no use arguing at this point.

How long have you been here?

Honestly the amount of Xeno tech and Archeotech within that helmet is just stupid. It probably weighs very little and while it would be unbalanced these guys are trained with the helmets for almost everyday of their lives. It probably has some kind of small grav unit to keep if from fucking with the user.

Besides it's meant for killing people who would normally sense souls. When they can't sense one they don't think one's there. They don't truly need agility when they are completely invisible to most things that they go to kill.

One time they sent one of each type of assasin to kill some Tau and only the Culexus succeded, and besides Culexus are really good at killing things whether they are Psykers or not

I'm not doubting that these motherfuckers are lethal, they'd need to be given how rare they are. I'm just saying that sending a valuable anti-psyker tool against the blueberries was a stupid idea.

The Culexus is the only one of all the other assasins the imperium has that has succeded againts the Tau