Nice things thread

Let's have a wholesome thread dedicated to nice Veeky Forums-related things. I'll start.

>Finish the campaign and raise a question about what system to use for the next one
>Give some options, one of them is my own homebrew
>Players actually insist on trying it
>They turned out to be pretty enthusiastic about the setting and so far system runs pretty smooth despite no prior playtesting
>The whole thing shapes as a really great campaign and I even got some quality art from players

>Run a mini-campaign with pilgrimage as a central theme
>Expect a format where one session will be equal to one somewhat throw-away location party passes by
>However, players paid so much attention to NPCs and locations, that they turned out to play a significant role during the whole campaign
>Most NPCs even got their own character arcs because of party's involvement
>In the final session of the campaign 1/3 of the time was devoted to resolving a lengthy epilogue with the aftermath for every location and person they've met

>GM for the new party
>Tell them at the start, that killing should be the last resort and they should be thoughtful about the use of violence, but don't press on this matter afterwards
>The whole campaign turned out to be pretty pacifistic despite party playing nothing but murderhobos before
>There were only 3 violent encounters, of which only one was resolved with the use of map and miniatures
>It was also the only lethal one, and creature they killed was a dangerous predator

>Run a game with convoluted and complex set of global events
>Players enthusiastically make theories and assumptions about them as they discover new details
>Despite good deduction and predictions of players still be able to keep intrigue until the very last moments of campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

shabazik.deviantart.com/gallery/
shabazik.deviantart.com/art/I-like-you-I-will-kill-you-last-332558208
shabazik.deviantart.com/art/Look-what-I-drew-644384529
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry, nothing comes to mind at the moment.

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has had any good experiences with tabletop
>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has had any experiences with tabletop at all
>or any good experiences at all

Doll is nice. Have a Doll.

>longtime gaming buddy talks up one of my past campaigns enough that some of his friends that I haven't played with before want to try playing in a reboot of it
>Run the campaign, adapted to a different system
>Encourage players to flesh out their characters with personal goals, beliefs, etc
>Sprinkle little fluff details throughout the campaign
>Players constantly find things that jump out to their characters, get personally invested in the game world

It tends to derail the campaign onto all kinds of tangents, but I love it when my players really get into it like that.

Contributing some screencaps.

Honestly, I'm in the hobby for about 10 years or so, but I've yet to GM for a party with a legitimate That Guy. Either I don't include such person from the start or problems are easily solved by a simple communication.
There are some really nasty almost irredeemable people out there, but proper communication really helps to deal with most situations, and that includes identifying a problem before the campaign even began.
Once again, preparation and communication are your friends. I simply can't state it enough.

I require sauce for this pic, I love loli drow and her lich father but I never found where these pics come from...

I wish I had a sauce for you. Sadly, I don't.

>shabazik.deviantart.com/gallery/
click that little arrow by the post number, newfags

actually used google on both with no result, but thx for the sauce m8.

Shabazik from Deviantart

shabazik.deviantart.com/art/I-like-you-I-will-kill-you-last-332558208
shabazik.deviantart.com/art/Look-what-I-drew-644384529

More often than not those tools will come back with stupid bullshit like “best guess: drawing” that is completely useless for even trying to narrow down the actual source.

>spent just under two years doing the groundwork for the setting, the NPCs, and the power system for a homebrew game
>got a fuckton of advice on DMing, nutted out hundreds of possible encounters, built many, many options into the world
>really just went all out on making it the best game I could achieve

>the players really got into it, were genuinely enthralled in the plot they shaped, honestly congratulated me on the twists that came to light, and had a lot of fun

why wasn't this show funny

>Playing a chaos sorcerer in Black Crusade
>Sorcerer's a newer heretic, I'm new at playing villainous characters.
>Game focussed mostly on a feral world
>Feral world happens to have an unusually high concentration of psykers
>"I'm a badass demigod sorcerer; I'll take in some feralworlder psykers and train them to be my psyker minions."
>take in a bunch of NPC psyker children, and begin teaching them about magic and chaos and shit
>"Gee, these children with too much power at their fingertips sure are untrusting and malajusted, and they kinda hate eachother"
>"I should work hard at making sure they learn in a supportive environment, and that they form cohesive pseudo-familial relationships between themselves and too me."
>End up giving special care to a lot of the kids
>One of them had lots of trouble controlling her powers; I gave her private meditation lessons until she improved
>Another one was heavily scarred and missing limbs; not only did I make sure he had best quality augments, I also got him top notch cosmetic surgery
>Lots of them were orphans; I ended up taking on a parental role for them, not just a mentoring role.
Literally none of this ended up affecting stats. The game ended before any of the kids grew up, but it was still the most satisfying, emotionally fulfilling roleplaying I've ever done in my life. My character ended up being somewhere between Dumbledore and Darth Bane, and it was amazing.

>Homebrew a game for the style of setting I want to run it in.
>It's pretty good.
>float some PDFs online.
>get good feedback.
>Fuck it, let's get some art assets in, get some graphic design on this shit.
>Book's up on sale on print-on-demand.
>Sells alright for small press, even!

It's a good feeling.

What's it called?

Wolf-Packs & Winter Snow. Basically, OSR stone age weirdness. I'm currently working on getting the 2e books ready to sell, there's problems with the printers. SOON THOUGH.

I think it's pretty funny and way more entertaining than 90's series. Protagonists are very likeable and humour doesn't stick to a standard pattern with over-reacting and shouting. Plus the show is generally pleasant to watch and has a great nostalgic feeling to it.
My only gripe is that discussion on /a/ is overrun by pedos.

Did you commission art? Was it very expensive?
What was the process with graphic design?
Did you promote your game in any way?
I'm genuinely curious, because I'm thinking to publish my homebrew.

To derail w horror or continue nice....
Both!

Seriously, this is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

Posting classic.

;.;

Bretty cute, i approve

>want to try Fate since forever
>Have a semi-regular group who are bretty good folks but not into narrative stuff
>One of my players introduces me to a friend of his
>Not into gaming but possibly interested
>He brings his GF too
>She's a friend from childhood I had completely lost touch with
>The four of us put up a group for Fate
>Group setting creation is great
>First game is great
>Game still ongoing
>My dream group finally come true

It's a nice feel to have finally a group that reflects my own preferences. They're all new but more than willing to learn and always bring interesting stuff at the table. And I'm still in good relations with the former group for the occasional times I want to scratch my D&D itch.

Most sessions are more good than bad
Most players are more good than bad

No my guy, my Veeky Forums experience has actually been pretty swell overall.

>friend's sister ask him
>hey bro, what was the name of that movie?
>the one with the adventurers in a cave with a talking skull
>bro answer with a smile
>silly sister, that was user DMing to us
Feels good.

based musky man

Player thanking you after the session, bonus point if they say that they had fun
It's even better when you had fun too and when you are satisfied by how the session went

It was a comfy horror one shot were the PC were all children it was ton of fun. I made a small maze and the player were chased by a monster, I didn't allowed them to make any map so they had to remember which way they took

Bocchi is too cute.
And hits way too close to home, way too often.

Another classic screencap.

>Run campaign that you prepared for two months while you were "resting" as a player.
>As you finish narrating the last session, and the game ends, the players applaud and congratulate you for all the work

>Introduce and invite a few people you befriended at university to a campaign with the system you run.
>Their eyes light up when they talk to you about their characters, and you sometimes see them reading the rulebook (and the homebrew stuff you wrote) between classes, and sometimes even during classes

>Make fanart of your party or of your player's characters
>They always look forward to your next illustration

That is the cutest necromancer I ever did see.

I must have missed this screencap. Love it!

Wow this guy really likes drawing big hairy guys killing women in tight outfits.