Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"""Resin""" miniatures of depressed Nazi traps eating cakes edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/all-tyranid-rumour-collections-new
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/743288.page
regimental-standard.com/2017/10/25/the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Resin miniatures of forgeworld players eating cake?
?????

First for Tau

>OP fucked up the edition name edition
That was a weird thread though.

Anyway I was thinking of saying fuck it and making a Chaos Lord mounted on a dragon as an army centerpiece y/n? If I tried to play with it at all then what rules would it use?
Does GW even make any good dragon or counts-as-dragon minis? Pls no Smaug/Khornate Dragon

>"First"
>is third post in thread
Typical communist fashion

lol

WHERE'S THE NEW WHITE DWARF SCANS ALREADY AHHHHHHHHHHHH

How did you do the gold.

Have we got anywhere with all the nid leaks put together so far?

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/all-tyranid-rumour-collections-new

Cheers mate, excited for the bugs.

with paint

This is the most complete list that I can find.
People are saying it's accurate because the leaker called all of the hive fleets, which would've been nearly impossible, as Kronos is new.

ANOTHER ELDAR DEX WITH NO NEW PHOENIX LORD SCULPTS

NO NEW WARLOCKS, SURE, AT LEAST THEY'RE PROPORTIONAL

BUT LOOK AT THIS SHIT

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE AN ANCIENT ETERNAL ELDAR WARRIOR OF LEGEND WITH POWER RIVALING A PRIMARCH TO YOU?

HALF OUR LINE IS 20 YEARS OLD

FUCKING HELL GW

Is it okay to use normal acrylic paints from arts and crafts stores on figures? I used some paints for a Halloween costumes and the metallic silver looks fine, but is probably half the price of citadel stuff. Would normal acrylics not work on smaller miniatures, or is a question of aesthetic quality?

yes and no.

some are alright but most are terrible.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/743288.page

I'm an idiot. Here's the link.

Add a circle outside saying complains about /pol/

New models come after codices.

A great deal of them don't, and even if they did, we'd be seeing them in the codex by now, yet in the Eldar codex the only """"""new"""""" model is the Death Masque Eldrad. They are getting nothing.

Remember, Veeky Forums - this is the only sure-fire way to get rid of cancerous faggots.

I wouldn't expect new models soon. The focus is clearly on churning out the new codices asap, and a fast-moving schedule would just make any new model releases old news too quickly. Once all of the codices are out, though, I'd expect them to try to keep the momentum with some pretty exciting stuff, though.

Good. GW made them the least fun faction to play as and against.

why?

you can just change your mac address, delete your Veeky Forums cookies, and unplug your modem for 2 minutes.

I play like twice a year

I paint, collect and read fluff

Where the fuck are my cool phoenix lords

But that's the Tau.

Keep forcing them to do that with 3 clicks of your own.

How is progress going with your army /40kg/? Today I looked at a box of rubric marines I needed to build, made progress on yesterday when I just ignored the box.

I find the kronos trait a bit weird as nids have always been about manoeuvring and have poor BS, I guess it is to try and make the best out of dakkafexes and the likes. Also swarmlord not being limited to Leviathan is not really fluffy but I guess it works.
Some of the strategies are quite good.

The nerf on red terror is sad and the balancing on OOE will be interesting to see how it plays out.

So much still to read and I have to work fuck

This. Anyone saying you otherwise is a shitposter.

EC noob from last thread.

What's the best way to kit out 4-5 squads of noise marines for my army?

Obviously not all the same, I have the basic 4 sonic gun, 1 blastmaster squads across the army atm.

>i don't like X, let's inconvenience him for 5 minutes at most
You must be a sad sad man, all because someone posted a meme you don't like.

Convert your own.

just accept your powerless and talk more about 40k.

And yet, there you are, hurt in your little feefees.

Anyone HYPE for tyranid codex ? Because I sure am happy to be a WAACfag at last !

I think the Swarmlord is a universal Tyranid thing. It's a stress-induced reaction by the Hivemind, and it has been seen fighting under multiple hive fleets (Behemoth being the primary one). It definitely doesn't have to be limited to Leviathan.

I got burnt out painting a bunch of gaunts a while ago, but these nid leaks are starting to inspire me, again. If Zoanthropes are actually worth taking now (Thanks to new Neurothropes), I'd definitely be excited to finish some things up.

>calling others upset when you're going around reporting people for meanie mean pictures
>is a nidfag
Everything clicks together now.

>projecting this hard

come on, thats just sad.

hey man, im a nidfag. don't lump us all together.

Fair enough, #NotAllNidfags

I kinda love that the PL sculpts are 24 years old.

>I find the kronos trait a bit weird as nids have always been about manoeuvring and have poor BS, I guess it is to try and make the best out of dakkafexes and the likes.
Tyranids have never been about poor BS, they've leaned towards quantity dakka over quality. But since at least 3e have had a definite shooting capability thats more short range than inaccurate.

>Also swarmlord not being limited to Leviathan is not really fluffy but I guess it works
Considering the swarmlords first major fight was the battle for maccragge with hive fleet behemoth its fluffy.

Yes ! Exactly anons ! Screamer killers are finally back ! Isn't it great ?

Tau never came at me with 2+ rerollable invulnerable save psyker jetbikes, or an army that gets free activations because something died. Not even remotely fun to play with or against.

Right here, next to Lord Solar Macharius

Girls girls you are all pretty, the thread is to young for this millennial trigger festival.

Remember this is the enemy.

I'm sure sisters are listening to what you say...

>when the heavy weapon fits the beakie just right

Had to cut the wrist off the last plasma cannon dude I built, but this, I like this.

But I don't have a powerless, are you offering one?

Indeed, the Braidwood Community Bank is the scorn of Veeky Forums

That is what every army but marines, Tau, Necrons, AdMech and GSC?

Why does 40k have such a heavy bleedover with /pol/ autism anyway? It's a setting that makes fun of fascism.

i got 3 screamer killer from when i first started.

Shit I got my facts completely wrong and I remembered maccragge being attacked by leviathan. Turns out that swarmlord's been spotted with it too anyway. So yes it is fluffy after all.

Also thanks for the correction considering I am a long term sucker for the setting but utter noob on the crunch so I am still figuring out most of the stuff

The same breed of autist that take 40k lore seriously also can't tell satire from glorification.

Dark Eldar are all good, orks too. Buggies are old as shit, but who cares. Just build your own.

anyone got some good cultist tactics? contuing from previous thread, I got about twenty of the guys from that cultist squad pack. I dunno what to do with them since I normally have my whole army be the big killy guys so I'm at a loss for what to do with them in my force

>muh satire

truely the worst faggots. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

>Hatred of xenos
>They still launch crusades
>Tit plate space battle nuns

Updated list from last time
500 point starting Alpha Legion Army led by this guy

HQ
Chaos Lord
Blade of the Hydra, Power Maul
78 pts

Elite
Khorne Berserkers x5
x5 Chainaxe, x5 Chainsword
85 pts

Troops
Cultists x20
x2 Heavy Stubber
108 pts

Cultists x20
x2 Heavy Stubber
108 pts

Heavy Support
Havocs x5
x4 Plasmagun, Power Sword
121 pts

Total: 500 pts

>uh it's satire because i say so. also if you like X you can't enjoy a satire of it at the same time because reasons lol

Lucky.
Here's hoping that they will sell some of their old overpriced models on GW's site, like they did for other releases. Metal hormagaunts and carnifexes are a must !

Totally forgot about DE, their current models are smaller than the rest of 40k for reason.

Yes, I like genestealer cultists as well ! They are fun.

if Neurothrope turn out to be 45pts, i'd buy like 5 of the OOP zoanathrope

Are Tyranids confirmed for best selection of stratagems ever?

You have to go back to the warp

> those sick-ass pimpmobiles
man, genestealer cults were fucking baller

they knew how to keep things phunky-fresh

I forgot those even existed.

they certainly have the most stratagems

Fucking shit

New White Dwarf looks good.

Lots of Necromunda stuff. Looks like base game plus supplements is £100. Some cool Necromunda terrain and bases, 25mm and 32mm. Both £4 for 10.

The citadel butt plug and water pot are £5.

More info on old houses of Necromunda and they say they're going to release some 'Old Beastman Bountyhunter' model for Necromunda but nothing in terms of model.

Tyranids stuff looks hype and lined up with leaks. Kronos looks most badass, it's strong vs psychic stuff and is making its way UP the great rift.

Zoans are the same price but neurothrope rumour says maybe 45 pts, to be honest they have nerfed it along with spirit leech so it doesn't sound such a wild guess.
Zoans along with the psyker abilities look solid though.

Posts pics or GTFO gaylord

How much is necro base game?

>models are ugly
>derpy as fuck
>mostly due to technology limitations.
>still miles better than some of the autoCAD crap we see today.
>an actual artist make a difference it seems.

Fuck

maybe.
at least I'm having a hard time picking which I'll use. Leaning towards Jormungandr for when I run a balanced swarm and leviathan when I nidzilla.

>'Old Beastman Bountyhunter'
Great ! Abhumans need some love, too.

Zoans are garbage tier, due to having group smite.

if the nuero has full smite and access to powers ala spiritseers, they will be an auto include for detachment spam.

Does IF and IW hard counter Jormungandr?

£75.

Supplement which adds additional rules, campaign stuff etc is £15.

Any guesses on Thornbacks effect?
S:user AP-1 A*3 Melee?

Does anyone know the color schemes for the "new" hivefleets?

Gorgon, jormungandr, hydra, kronos

Are they featured in any official artwork yet, maybe in one of the other codexes?

I missed the news on that front. Is there a stratagem allowing you to Deepstrike genestealers without having to use Trygons ?

it does. but hard counters exist for basically everything.

chance of mortal wounds to enemy units that remain in combat, basically a mini-explodes

How did the Blood Angels handle defending Baal?

i wouldn't consider it a hard counter, more like a mild annoyance.

45 points for untargetable synapse is pretty great

Once I finish assembling my Gangs of Commoragh I'll have 1000pts built.
It'll only fill out an outrider division, but it'll be playable.

I've got a decent chunk of it painted, at least.

Excuse quality, I'm on bus.

Anyone know wtf they talking about here?

Am I blind or is the eldar dex not in the mega yet?

regimental-standard.com/2017/10/25/the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/
>The Tyger tank was first seen in the so-called “Two World War”. This conflict seems to have been notable for only featuring two planets – Terra and Venus
So lads? Which side was fighting for Venus?

1cp the enemy below (jormungandr): use strat when jor inf set up, put it undergorund. whenever you set up raveners mawloc trygon or trygon prime. any no of its unit can be set up within the tunnels, 3 inch from burrowing unit ,9 inch away enemy.
1cp brute force (behemoth): use when benemoth unit complete charge . roll d6 for each behemoth charging model within 1inch of enemy. each roll of 6, 1 MW on enemy unit. 2+ for a behemoth monster charging
(30 man gant charge in, roll d6 for all, on a 6 chuck a mw)
1cp war on all fronts (leviathan): fight phase. select enemy within 1inch of 1 flying and 1 nonflying leviathan unit. can reroll hits & wound rolls of 1 for levi attacks against the enemy unit
1cp Against Shadow (Kronos): enemy psyker attempts to cast a spell within 24 inch of kronos unit. that psyker can only use 1 dice for his psyk test.
1cp Hypertoxicity (Gorgon): fight phase. choose gorgon wiht toxin sac, the biomorph do 1 additional dmg on wounds roll of 5+ instead of 6
2cp Endless Swarm (Hydra): Select a destroyed unit of gants, horms, garg or any hydra inf unit that has been completely destroyted. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcement wholly 6inch of any board edge , more than 9 inch from enemy
1cp Opportunistic Advance (Kraken): Use in move phase for advancing Kraken unit (noFly units), can double number you roll for advance and add to the move characteristic
3cp Call the Brood: end of move. add a new unit of up to 5 genestealers, wholly within 6 of a brood or infestation node but more than 9 from enemy
3Cp adrenaline surge: end of fight phase. select a nid unit from army, can immediately fight again

Is that the new white dwarf?, Do they post a painting guide along with the new Void trident scheme?

Painted by arawn from titan minis, fuck he's good

Psychic scream sounds a-ok

Shit I though psychic barrage only needed 3 zoans but it needs 9, am I reading this right?

>psk barrage: need 3x3 zoans to shoot a point, all unit within 3 inch of that point rolls. 4+ unit suffer 3d3 mortal

I guess with neuro being HQ you can fill detachments for those sweet CP

the mega hasn't been updated yet, but theres a link at the bottom of the general.