MTG Commander/EDH General

Elaborate Hateful Fuckery Edition

Previous Thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
How do you run Stax? What's your favorite variety of Stax? How do you deal with other people running stax against you?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fact-or-fiction-or-fact-or-fiction/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/ixalan-store-championship-goodies-2017-10-30
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/guru-of-whores/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gears-in-motion-semi-competitive-sydri-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for secret tech that is no longer good.

>Thread question
I prefer discard because people run so many rocks these days. While recursion is good, and lots of people run recursion, almost none of it can come from the yard unless you specifically built your deck around it. If no one has any cards, I'm having a fantastic time. Coincidentally, it also deals with other people because, with any luck, I'm going to be just a smidge faster.

>Thread Question
Pic related, he beats face and doesn't afraid of anything.

Reddit stay out of new thread

>being this assblasted
I'm pretty sure people complaining about the banlist are the issue. Most of us around here recognize that it's a goofy fun format for complicated nonsense in a casual environment, so the less bans the better. Otherwise, you end up with Modern or Legacy where fun trivial things are banned because people bitch, like SDT.

It's a shitpost burger friend

>quints

Making Taniwha.dec in honour of quints

As long as people recognize that. I'm just terrified we'll have a banlist as shitty as duel commander because people will bitch too much.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fact-or-fiction-or-fact-or-fiction/

I'm having a lot of trouble cutting my instant package down to size. Would any fa/tg/uys be willing to take a look at it?

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/ixalan-store-championship-goodies-2017-10-30

Rivals preview.

>>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/ixalan-store-championship-goodies-2017-10-30
A two mana 12/12 trample. Neat.

>elder dinos
JUST

BAH GAWD

Got a needed reprint
Where is my curse catcher reprint

HOLY FUCKING SHIT it's legendary.

Triumph of the hordes just went up $10.

Does this bounce hexproof creature too?

Yes.

Eh doesn't interest me. Doom blade kills this faggot

good

You can definitely cut Abjure and Flash of Insight

Is the old phrase "Dies to removal" a valid arguement? As far as I know, all creatures without indestructible die to removal, so...

Hexproof only cares if the word target appears. You're good otherwise.

Jesus are you fucking new?

Everything dies to removal, even blightsteel. Even hexproof indestructible regenerate creatures die to an edict.

I'm sure he's not as new as this moron.

thx

Help me /tg
I'm torn between building Neheb stax/burn and Gishath Dino semi tribal. I play burn in modern and dinos in standard, but only have one edh deck (Newzuri)
Which should I build? Which do you anons think is better?

Some people just don't like dinosaurs user

Go with Neheb.

People who don't like dinosaurs barely qualify as people. More like some sort of flesh golem.

I'm 12 over now and totally stuck

Anyone who likes playing tribal is subhuman

See, this is what I mean. I didn't even mention magic cards. I meant people who don't like dinosaurs in general. And this guy goes projecting his own insecurities on me.

I'll just save you the time and post one before you

Cut these:

Diluvian Primordial
Sigiled Starfish
Talrand, Sky Summoner
Into the Roil
Think Twice
Coldsteel Heart

Sure, why not. Have a (You). Feel better now?

But what if you have Sigarda out?

>56145139
You gotta work harder for a (You) than that go find your wrangler tard

Merciless Eviction still takes it out.

He cantrips! With Selv, he cantrips twice and is mana positive.

Cyclonic Rift, any mass exile, or Toxic Deluge work fine too.

What if I flat out refuse to accept your plays? I'll beat any nerd that tries to fuck up my boardstate.

Ooh, look at you, with your reaction images, how cute. Have another (You), I've got plenty.

I'd call you a bitch and either completely ignore you, or give you a firm pimp hand.

Not everyone who plays magic is an emaciated basement dweller, or some lardass hamplanet. I have a variety of issues, and to get over it, I exercise every day or I go crazy.

Hi friends. I chose an active MtG thread at random to ask in. How often do y'all discuss other card games, specifically Eternal? I'm not too hopeful but it's a rarity to see on /v/ so yeah.

Nope!

Well, I meant as in the board, not these threads. My bad. It would be silly to expect you to discuss other games in an MtG thread. I assume the answer is probably the same though.

Why are you so asshurt about people not liking your dinosaur? Autists like you should be euthanized

This seems very specific

ahahahaha how the fuck are planeswalkers real just bolt them nigga

Dinosaurs, plural. I'm not hurt, I just view you as less than human, that's all. Same sort of person who didn't give a shit about the recent solar eclipse. You lack that spark of wonder that makes life worth living.

Oh, on the board? Every once in a while we have threads for Veeky Forums like non-Veeky Forums stuff. You could post a Eternal thread if you wanted. We’re pretty chill.

Priority means they get one ability off at least. That being said, direct damage is underrated.

This is what it means to be a true alpha gamer.

This thread is reminding of that bryan posting user. I wonder if he's still here

Specific in the sense that it's atypical, probably. Specific in the sense that it's the cure for anxiety/depression/a variety of other mental fuckery? Not really.

In the last thread, I heard that Ghave was an "unmitigated fuckbeast". Does anyone have a Ghave list I can steal?

ghave can be built in a number of directions.

The biggest issue with ghave for low power metas is that if you have even a tiny bit of +1 counter synergy it's really easy to go infinite. Because of that a lot of people will gun straight for you just for having it in the command zone.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/guru-of-whores/

>like SDT

SDT is banned for logistical reasons more than anything else. It's Slow Play: The Novelization of the Movie.

This seems useful in Gishath and I'm contemplating running it as a finisher. Anybody here have experience with it?

It's just a really flashy and expensive overrun. Depends on how casual your meta is.

>control player targeting me for no reason all game
>very far behind and bitter
>my turn, draw something I can actually win the game with next turn
>casually cast my commander to stall
>5 mana left, enough for the one counterspell in my hand
>control player gives me a shit eating grin and kills my commander immediately with an instant, seemingly just to further piss me off
>it works
>temporarily blinded by rage
>use remaining 5 mana to recast commander
>"well now he's back!!" I say indignantly
>pass turn
>control player board wipes
>all my combo pieces gone
>no mana left to counter
>I lose and consider suicide

How do I stop letting people tilt me

>overextension: the commander
Timmies everywhere cream their pants, no one else gives a shit

ragescoop until nobody wants to play with you anymore

I'm here for that cycle bb

Hey rate my combo deck: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gears-in-motion-semi-competitive-sydri-edh/

You'll have some people target you for no reason or very poor threat assessment/stupidity. Had a guy target me for playing UG because "You'll destroy my artifacts" even when he had darksteel forge out but if I attacked for any reason he would claim it was because I was butthurt until eventually the group agreed unanimously to kick him out

>playing ghalta as a commander
As if. Gishath cheats him out for free/makes casting him for GG retardedly easy.

Overwhelming Stampede will be better in 99% of cases
The only redeeming factor for Titanic Ultimatum is lifelink, but with Overrun effects you're either gonna eat an Evacuation/Rout/Fog etc. before combat damage or win on the spot, making any lifegain kind of redundant.

>forcefully ejected from the game

I just want to be able to deal with assholes and not get so butthurt I actually start playing like a retard

This is a problem in every competitive game I play tbqh

>friend pulls Nico, Scorpion God, Gishath, Jace and Beckett Brass in the past two drafts
>I got chaff and Unesh
Sadness overflows.

ask a tenth grader for tips on emotional maturity

The only ultimatum that is good in commander is cruel ultimatum because it gives you so much advantage, and you can blow your timmy load when you cast it.

Stfu I'm trying to improve myself

What do you guys actually do to avoid tilt and rage when you're getting stomped or unfairly targeted?

Play with my phone until game ends, it's not like you were going to do anything relevant that game anyway.

So how can we break this in a way other than just green good stuff and infect strats?

>drafting
This is the fate you choose.

pretty much

First: remove your ego from the game.
Second: play a better deck that doesn't get shit on so easily no really, this helps tremendously.
Third: have some patience. You won't improve overnight. Self improvement takes time.

unesh is pretty fun desu

And then you've got a french vanilla 12/12, congratulations.

God, I can't wait until "year of tribal" is over.

Run him in other monogreen commander decks that benefit from him. Which is most of them.

Greater Good is a thing.

I just moved to the US, where's the best place to get singles?

Ironically you got the better pulls for commander. Unesh makes for a decent second copy of Sphinx of Uthuun in decks that play it, and he's the most reasonable monoblue commander in a very long time.

Even bad creatures are good when they are free. Naya Dino has shown that in many playgroups over.

I’ll admit, I don’t like tribal stuff either, but this Dino has some utility outside of that:

The bar on ladies night.

Nobody is realistically playing a Gishath build expecting it to be good. It's a meme deck through and through. Anybody who says otherwise is delusional.

Also, I like the idea of having him in play after I've already resolved shit like True Conviction or a Furnace of Rath-type card. "Why settle for mere enormity," right?

>actually being jealous of someone getting scorpion god

TheManaSource's unesh build is pretty good. Played a couple matches on trice and it reliably locks hands down. Just cut replace of the shittier sphinxes and boom, a mean deck that isn't TOO mean.

The US singles market is so fucked that it's probably cheaper to set up a PO box in Europe and buy from cardmarket.com

I guess now was in fact the right time to start building Xenagod.

I always use tcgplayer

I like to assume direct control of the untap step. Stasis, winter orb, back to basics, that's my jam baby. It's particularly satisfying in conjunction with tax effects.

Huh, really nice, but could i trade it for ? Maybe floodbringer?

How much lands that only produce colourless mana do you run in two or three coloured decks ?

If I only have omnath on board and 9 mana in the pool can i cast this guy for 2?

i think so