Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How are you?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/amarok
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747).
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/student-of-the-astral-suit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHOA GUYS IT'S SPOOKY

>How are you?
My day's going pretty well, surprising for a Monday. How about you, OP?

How do I build a cleric of Hastur? I was thinking about maybe taking the ecclesitheurge or the theologian archetype and going into evangelist for the boons, as it feels good thematically. I'd rather not take the elder mythos cultist archetype as I want a high will save for dreamed secrets. I'm a bit lost when it comes to domains though, as I've never built a cleric before and am not sure on the relative power of the domains hastur provides, so far I've been looking into the void domain, maybe taking the dark tapestry subdomain although I'm not sure how good that is compared to the will save increase from the regular void domain.

Friendly reminder that 2hu is still shitting up DSP and getting the rajah/Radiant Dawn/voyager all nerfed.

He’s shitting up the SoM playtests also.

How can we put a stop to 2hu?

>How are you?
A clerical error shunted my day play to the 2nd rather than today, which induced a pretty big fucking panic attack.

On the other hand, my boyfriend and I worked out some nifty characters for the next time we're in a game together, so it's a bit of a give-and-take at the moment.

As much as I despise that walking pile of steaming feces. Running back and forth between 2 squares was dumb as shit and so was sunstroke's nova-potential.

Yeah man free QA is just awful, how evil.

You're not friendly, it's not a reminder, fuck off and die.

Not this shit again. Both of y'all should just shut your yaps and deal; these threads don't need this kind of drama.

Seriously, why don't we talk about character concepts or something? somebody, tell me what you're planning for your next character!

He makes valid points, just in the most obnoxious manner possible. He's bad with the words and has a very unlikeable personality.

Friendly reminder that friendly reminders are never friendly, you piece of hot steaming shit

Friendly reminder: your mom loves you, you should call her.

Checked out the Bloodforge Infusions after it was mentioned last thread. So now I'm planning a natural attacker Kumiho Barbarian running around eating people's hearts and stuff!

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a Kumiho? sounds vaguely asian, so I can only assume it's some type of variant kitsune.

Which it is.

I've never gotten the appeal of the kitsunes. Give me a tiefling any day.

It's the Korean version of them. Less 'Magical Trickster' and more 'Shapeshifting Serial Killer'

It's either because they are furries, if you go by what they were conceived as originally in the game, or because they are anime tits, what the other spectrum of degenerates think they are.

I have to admit, that's considerably more appealing than the overplayed trickster archetype. Every time I've seen a player try to do a trickster - in ANY game, nevermind pathfinder - it's always ended up with everybody, party included, angry IC and OOC.

>somebody, tell me what you're planning for your next character!
I'm trying to decide between a ton of things, but a haunt collector Occultist is sticking out to me as a good choice. I just have to figure out how to deal with the fact that I might have to convert to archery, without feat taxes, instead of the much more appealing face smashing. Party will already have Bloodrager, but nobody to really handle distance threats.

I know how that is. I ended up making a blaster not long ago myself for that exact reason.

Interesting thing; people say Crossblooded is a trap, but if you want to be a blaster, though high level spell slots are primarily going to be meant for metamagicked low-level spells. Toss in the fact that humans can get a much expanded low level spell list thanks to their FCB, and it ceases to be much of a problem.

Liver-Eater (Combat)
You tear into your meal with a vicious frenzy.
Prerequisites: Kumiho kitsune, bloody fist rage power, base attack bonus +7.
Benefit: The base critical range of your claws increases to 18-20/x2. Unlike most effects that increase critical range, this stacks with Improved Critical and similar abilities, and is applied before such effects. Whenever you use your bloody fist rage power, you can eat the organ you rip out as a free action, gaining temporary hit points equal to your character level that last for one day or until used. These temporary hit points stack with other temporary hit points as normal, but not with successive uses of this feat (only the highest total applies).

Bloody Fist (Ex)
Prerequisites: Barbarian level 12th.
Benefit: While raging, the barbarian may attempt to punch through an opponent's flesh and rip out one of its vital organs. In order to do so, the barbarian must confirm a critical hit against an opponent with a natural attack or unarmed strike. The barbarian deals damage as normal for a critical hit and the opponent must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the barbarian's class level + the barbarian's Strength modifier) or take 1d4 points of Constitution damage as one of its vital organs is ripped free from its body. This power can only be used once per rage.

It's mostly due to these and that they get claws with 19-20 range naturally and they can get Bloody Fist + it works an additional time per rage at level 5 through a feat. Shit's too cool

Brawler, but I can't decide what style or which combat maneuver I am going to focus on.

Admittedly the race, especially with 3pp, can be pretty neat, but, well, all I need to point out is the OP images that pop every so often.

Fewer spells and the will save penalty both make crossblooded much, much less attractive if you don't want to be a one trick explosion machine. But, it has its place.

I could switch to a Warlock Vigilante since I've been eyeing it ever since vigilante came out, but I couldn't do that unless I can clear all the Jollylock stuff, if not there other Jolly archetypes too. Muh Inspiration, muh favored terrain, muh exposed

Vigilante overall just feels like a good class. not amazing, not bad, but just... good. It's kind of surreal, to be honest, given how badly the idea of a masked vigilante fits into Pathfinder. The fact that it's so modular has really allowed 3pp to stretch its wings with it.

It's a great class despite the concept for it being so poorly thought out. Like, dual identity is a cool effect, but pitching it as generic superhero style shit in the vein of Batman? Why, you could have pitched it as Zorro or something instead.

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to homebrew a sniping focused ranger archetype, and i'm having trouble balancing the additional damage i'm giving it. Does anyone have any ranger dpr numbers from level 2 to 20 (Normal volley archer build)?

Because the iconic is Batman, despite Paizo already having an even more iconic and better done vigilante, who essentially is Zorro, with Blackjack.

Sniper slayer doesn't do it for you?

Oh no, what i meant by sniping was "One, big shot that deals a lot of damage", and not "Fire one shot and hide". My mistake.

Ultimately, just look at the Pummeling Style unarmed feats. They represent a good way to handle such a combat style, and are one of the better monk styles to boot.

replace the combat style feats with a version of pummeling style that works with ranged attacks, and suddenly it's amazing. Or hell, just make it a feat chain so that anybody can take it. Gunlsingers deserve to have an actually functional version of Dead Shot.

Damnit paizo. At least their fuckup somehow resulted in a pretty alright class this time.

I kinda wonder, if I do go with warlock, if I should go for tiefling like I originally planned, or go for Half-Elf so I can get both level 1 Orator memes going and also keep consistency since I'm apparently "the guy who plays Half-Elves" to my group.

I like the Vigilante a lot but wish that the cabalist was better and the warlock had more bolt potential.

Does the Eldritch Scoundrel have a real point other than being what looks like an interior Sandman Bard? I'm potentially going to house rule it 1 - 2 extra skill points a level and give it some more rogue talents back but was wondering if there's anything I've missed about it.

still massively better than any non-casting rogue. Plus it coincides with Hidden Blade

Good, Rajah is fucking busted

Give it a good will save progression, access to Prescient Dodger, and remove fewer rogue talents, and I'd at least call it passable compared to other halfcasters, so long as it's also URogue

Explain how you think it's busted beyond "hurr durr vomit the same shit toohoo says"

The more I look into necromancy builds, the more I see there isn't much for them in terms of feats when it comes to raising minions. Am I missing the point with this line of thought though? I mean ideally you'd want to be able to raise an amount of HD equal to what you can control, right?

Also, why the fuck does the Oracle's Lich Curse grant CONTROL Undead as a 2nd level when Sorcerers/Wizards have it as a 7th?

Friendly reminder that I value you all and hope you have a good day

Threadly reminder to filter 2hu. People talking about him never results in anything good.

>grant CONTROL Undead
Likely a typo, given it's no doubt meant to be Command Undead.

If I'm reading the product page right, People of the Wastes' printed edition is out while the pdf will be available in November, right? In that case, anyone have scans of the printed edition anywhere?

Probably. Is it just me though, or does Command seem to be more useful anyhow, considering the duration?

The print edition is not out.

Thanks, thought it was a bit odd.

Could your level 6-10 party defeat an amarok in its natural tundra habitat, in the dead of night?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/amarok

The amarok will use see in darkness to ambush the party from as far as possible. Its surprise round action will be soul bite.

From round to round, the amarok will use soul bite, then deal more damage with Greater Grapple. If grapple-resistant enemies close in, the amarok will switch to Greater Vital Strike.

8-10 could be if they are smart.

Rate my memebuild /pfg/

Conscript with weapon training + martial flexibility + any of the one point options like Evasion, good will saves, resolve, or maybe even armor training

It can't fly, so any party with flying could kill it

You have to go to Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror from 3.5 if you want necromancy stuff. There is a nifty chain called corpsecrafter in LM

Shit, that looks great. Don't think any of the DMs I've played with allow 3.5, but at the same time I suppose I never tried asking. Good to know for whenever I do try a necromancer out.

My favorite tactic was to get the feat that infuses your undead with Negative energy so they explode when they die, hurting enemies and healing undead. Chittering rat swarms suddenly become so terrifying

Soul bite has ranged line of sight.

Oh, how terrible. It's not like he has a history of saying that things like Ordained Defender and Reflected Blade Style are busted and need reworks.

Ordained Defender and Reflected Blade Style are fine, it's just autists who have a problem with them.

>(you)

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

2hu said so

>swift action to double your standard action at 5th level
>not busted

It's your only level 3 maneuver then.

And it's spread out against a second enemy.

Nobody gives a fuck about doing damage to a second enemy if it won't kill the second enemy.

>be DSP
>attempt to publish PoW
>some autist points out all the busted power creep shit in our system
>ignore him and publish anyway
>years later
>have to release errata nerfing everything that autist warned us about
>delay it forever
>publish more busted power creep shit in the meantime

DSP fucking blows their content is awful and they deserve everything 2hu gives them

So you're fine with the zenith strikes blasting not one, but two enemies?

The issue is that it _can_ kill the second enemy.

and that's why we have sunstroke doing 50% damage. you trade potency for massive range.

But it's just like my japanese animes!

"It's fine when a fullcaster/manifester instantly ends combat with a single action but a martial doing it is too strong so the whole system is shit."

Sunstroke can still one shot dudes with Ruby Zenith Strike.

Not at half damage you dingus.

Man, full casters still have to deal with saves and spell resistance/power resistance.

There's really not a lot that can save you from a Zenith Strike.

Where does reflected blade style mention half damage?

>Spells are too powerful
>Lets make "totally not spells" EVEN STRONGER

>No kitsune as the header image.
Spooky.

>And here we see morons who don't understand THE GOLDEN RULE OF PSIONICS

But you can just add a counter to-
Oh wait, that's just more PoW putting a band-aid on the crack in a dam. And the jackass throwing out Zenith Strikes everywhere has probably pumped his skill bonus higher than you can possibly match. And even if you could, he'll whine and throw a bitchfit if any monster manages to even touch him.

A spellcaster is countered by spells to prevent scry-and-die/telefrag tactics from working. An initiator is countered by initiating literally called Counters. It's the same idea, "Magic Must Defeat Magic" and all that.

We're talking about Path of War, not Psionics for the most part. And certain powers are still pretty potent at clearing a map. God knows I've seen energy missile get a party out of some tough jams.

So I'm supposed to not use the damage maneuver as a damage dealer? What, am I supposed to use the "oh so powerful low level debuff" of fucking dazzle? With a DC that doesn't scale with my level? Great fucking design there friendo.

Can we discuss the Pathfinder adventure card game? I am interested in it but haven't the slightest clue about how it's played.

You severely underestimate the horrors of the Armory of the Conqueror, free essence from Radiant Dawn, akashic catalysts, powerful build, size increases (e.g. enlarge person in permanency, with some method of noncombat shrinking like the Bakeneko trait), and the butchering axe.

Radiant Dawn's free essence and the butchering axe push weapon damage dice completely off any reasonable boundaries.

Paizo-only builds can reach nowhere near the decadent heights of Dreamscarred builds when it comes to weapon size stacking.

I do not know; Dreamscarred Press's additions to psionics can be highly questionable at best.

An 11th-level psion can manifest Genesis to create demiplanes with far more size, potency, cost-effectiveness, and ease than any spellcaster (archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747).

A 13th-level psion can manifest Soul Stealing to transform knocked-out creatures into ghosts, including themselves. Those ghosts are also loyal to the psion, so the (ghost) psion can knock out enemies and then transform them into ghostly minions.

The same 13th-level psion can manifest Form Astral Armor to give themselves an astral suit with a handful of customization points, which can give the psion Shattered Mirror 6's silvered mirror stance, thus giving the rest of the party their own astral suits provided they stay within 30 feet of the psion.

The *same* 13th-level psion could very well have an orange prism ioun stone, Overchannel, and the Psigifted trait for Euterpe's Prophetic Song. They can Overchannel, manifest Euterpe's Prophetic Song, and then manifest Solicit Psicrystal as a swift action, since psicrystals can physically speak as a supernatural ability. This sets them back a total of 22 power points, but they grant the party a +9 insight bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks, AC, and saving throws.

Then we have Psychic Reformation, which needs no introduction. It is pain-free character-rebuilding on the fly.

>22 PP
Golden Rule, fucker.

How do you counter a min-maxed Sense Motive for a Zenith Strike?

A miss chance, for one? Are all of your combats in well-lit, coverless, non-spellcasting or Ring-of-Blur-wearing empty battlefields?

Paizo has an app called Pathfinder Adventures that is basically the RotJR version of the card game for tablet/smartphone. The first adventure is free, so you might find it to be a decent intro/tutorial to test the waters of the card game.

*RotRL

An orange prism ioun stone is compatible with manifester level (archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747).

Psion level 13 + orange prism ioun stone 1 + Overchannel 2 + Psigifted 1 = 17.

Solicit Psicrystal is a separate power, and the cap on spending power points applies per power, not per round. The psion is free to spend the 5 power points on it separately.

It is a hefty nova (the equivalent of a Vancian caster casting two 6th-level spells), but a +9 insight bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks, AC, and saving throws for 22 rounds rigs an encounter in the PCs' favor to an absurd degree.

After the battle, when the enemies are knocked out or otherwise at the PCs' mercy (maybe because someone took Symbol of Mercy), the ghosts psion transforms the enemies into loyal ghosts via Soul Stealing. The psion then welcomes the ghosts to the psion's massive, time-compressing demiplane.

So my WoW guildmates and I are considering a PF game. We've got characters and stuff made, but there's one small snag. Or rather, two.

>Kobold Gunslinger
>Lawful Evil
>Most of the party is good or neutral

I know very well that I shouldn't be that guy nor should I do anything to dick over the PC's if I can help it. Personally I'm going with a selfish "I'm only working with you dipshits so I can get paid and survive" angle, recognising the importance of order and how it... uh, keeps my guy alive. He has no issues killing someone if necessary but is fully aware that killing people at random will just get his head on a pike sooner rather than later. Regardless, what other things should I be aware of and what can I tell my pals to convince them that this won't be awkward as fuck (For many it's their first time playing a PnP but they're quick learners) and won't lead into my character being obligated to stab one of them in the back (With bullets)?

Also, how the hell does a Kobold wind up with a bunch of guys in a tavern? Was thinking exiled from a cavern clan that measured 'class' with whether or not you had a gun. My PC killed a guy, stole his gun, then made a run for it after being a slave for X years but I'm not sure of anything between that and when the campaign would start.

Manfiester Level is not Caster Level by RAW, even with Transparency. Also one guy posting on Veeky Forums does not an official ruling make.
>free demiplane improvment
I don't see where you're getting this you would still need to manifest genesis with each enlargement and the size increases still have duration since those aren't made permanent.

Kill yourself you disgusting piece of weeaboo trash.

The sounds more like Chaotic Neutral. Liking a general "order" as teneborus concept that even you can't justify isn't enough to make you Lawful Evil nor is acknowledging random slaughter will get you killed.

>Also one guy posting on Veeky Forums does not an official ruling make.

Elric is a Dreamscarred Press employee.

>you would still need to manifest genesis with each enlargement and the size increases still have duration since those aren't made permanent.

Again, according to Elric, once you pay the initial gp, further enlargements are free: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747

11th-level shaper psions (who are probably also dual disciples) or 13th-level psions with Expanded Knowledge lord over massive demiplanes with impressive amenities.

>Again, according to Elric, once you pay the initial GP, further enlargements are free
And not permanent. The duration of the enlargement effect of the Power is still 1/day a level.

Why the fuck do Psions even get the ability to make Demiplanes? I like Psionics but it seems like such a wierd power to give a Psychic. Same for planeshift? Is it just a "the game expects classes of this nature to have these sorts of abilities" or what?

>Elric is a Dreamscarred Press employee.
One Employee out of several posting on Veeky Forums is not an official ruling. It's a suggesting/house rule/personal ruling. If you went around Dreamscareed Press you would probably get several different answers to those questions.

Making shit with your mind (genesis) is a psion thing. Moving shit with your mind (even across large distances) is also a mind-magic thing and thus planeshift.

Yeah, but I haven't read about any Psychic who makes permanent solid material much less entire dimensions. Same as how I've never really read about Psychics who teleport across dimensions. Across continents, maybe but not dimensions.

My inquiry:
>7. As currently written, the Genesis psionic power demands a cost of 25,000 gp only when the demiplane is first made permanent, thereby allowing a psion to constantly add to the demiplane's size without spending more gp. Is this deliberate or unintentional?
(I made an error here; I typed "25,000 gp" when the price was actually 20,000 gp.)

Elric's answer:
>That is a correct reading of the power. You do not need to spend more than 25,000 GP once the effect is made permanent.

Elric is quite clear about this: once the effect is made permanent, further size expansions cost nothing.

It is also the only answer we have on the matter. Until any other Dreamscarred Press employees step up with a contradictory ruling, Elric's say is final.

Is a 1 level dip in Aegis worthwhile for a paladin/initiator multiclass?
I would get +1 dex mod, +5 land speed, and due to psionic synergy from elsewhere, +1 attack and damage.

>Elric is quite clear about this: once the effect is made permanent, further size expansions cost nothing.
And they're not fucking permanent unless you make them so. Otherwise they're 1/day a level.
>Elric's say is final.
On who's fucking authority?

Really, psionics is just a reskin of normal magic, but in a way that isn't pants-on-head retarded. AKA "why can I still throw maximized explosive fireballs today but I can't let out a dinky little Burning Hands?"

Aegis dipping is normally for 7th-level characters and above. The idea is to aim for three levels of aegis, and then Student of the Astral Suit as your 7th-level feat.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/student-of-the-astral-suit
>Prerequisite: Invigorating suit class feature
>Benefit: Treat your class level as four higher to determine your number of customization points and which customizations you can select for your astral suit, to a maximum of your character level.

This nets you a whopping 10 customization points all in all.

Take the Practiced Initiator trait on either the aegis or your other initiating class/archetype, depending on your level, your build, and your Intelligence.

Aegis dips can be incredibly potent. I would strongly recommend them for many builds, though not all.

Your paladin could probably benefit from such an aegis dip, since aegides do not need Intelligence for *that* much. Be the magical girl of your dreams.

>And they're not fucking permanent unless you make them so. Otherwise they're 1/day a level.
That is not what is to be taken from Elric's reply.

>On who's fucking authority?
Elric's, as someone actually under Dreamscarred Press. Their rulings carry more authority than any of ours, at least for the purpose of how things work "by default" short of house rules.