/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Xanathar's Guide Table of Contents
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles

>Forge Cleric - Xanathar's Guide
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_Forge.pdf

>Unearthed Arcana: Fiendish Options
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/
What are some things missing from 5e? And I'm not talking just about classes or spells.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iDvXI639uU
youtube.com/watch?v=h39iWWnVSsE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are some things missing from 5e
All the 2e and 3e sourcebooks since we're still doing this shit in Forgotten Realms and no one reading only 5e material or running premade modules could have a clue what the fuck the setting is outside of a tiny slice of the Sword Coast (which sucks).

When 4e redid the cosmology, massively updated the setting, and moved the clock forward, they explained all the changes and gave details of how each region of the main continent had been altered and what was going on. But in 5e, do you even know what fucking year it is? How did all of the 4e stuff get retconned? What the fuck is this second "Sundering"? There aren't even wiki articles from people who've read the novels where a small sliver of this stuff is actually explained.

5e has really dropped the ball on world details. And while not everyone's going to run in FR, it is the official default and the setting for which the modules are made.

>What are some things missing from 5e? And I'm not talking just about classes or spells.
Nothing I can remember, most things I wanted will be on Xanathar's or are already on the DMG

Martial and caster balance
Interesting combat
Encounter powers.

>D&D's Monk: Way of the Kensei in 'Xanathar's Guide to Everything'

youtube.com/watch?v=0iDvXI639uU

What's the best ranger archetype to take a dip in as a dex fighter?

What if instead of adding ability modifier to damage, you add the amount by which your attack roll exceeded the target's AC, up to a maximum of your attack bonus?

>cant be two handed
Rip glaive monks

Deep stalker

What can change the nature of man?

>proper wuxia shit, not just lel greatsword monks

Helm of Opposite Alignment

Setting sourcebooks. They obviously have designs on Dark Sun and Eberron, and there's no way they won't do Dragonlance when Joe Manganiello's move is closer to release, so it's not like they're not going to happen--but we still need 'em.

I'd also like there to be more categories and examples of non-item rewards.

A FUCKING DRAGON SUPPLEMENT. THE GAME IS FUCKING CALL DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS NOT DUNGEONS AND FAGGOTS!!!!

>exhausted look
>unshaved beard
>the shine is gone from his eyes
>has to be proded to sperg out over his "muh wuxia memes"

Is our guy Mikey okay? I know his videos arent what we hoped for but I hope he's not getting bullied

acquiring a waifu

Hey anons, a bit off-topic but, what is the source of this pic?

Considering he even talked about mechanics, I bet he got bullied

He's working overtime to make sure Perkins doesn't push UAs back to the fourth Monday of every month or delay Xanathar's to 2018, while also making sure Mystic and Artificer updates come out before 2019.

Akame ga kill I think

Dumb post, okay waifu. It's not often that I see the post be dumber than the waifu attached to it.

>Implying Mearls works
He just throw random ideas and Crawford has to do the hard work

>Perkins
Crawford

That would take me 1 week to do, a month to test, a and a week to revise. Why has it taken him 2 years?

>Crawford is responsible for everything
Maybe rethink that a second if you still want to shit on Mearls afterwards.

i dont think so, the only blonde girl was the liongirl, her tone of hair is diferent.

Because WotC also has him pedaling a machine to keep the power on at the D&D offices.

It's the angel guy I think

>What are some things missing from 5e? And I'm not talking just about classes or spells.
I'm going to be honest, anything that comes after XGE is going to be fighting an uphill battle against feeling like superfluous rules bloat. XGE gives us our downtime rules, our crafting rules, and all those fancy new subclasses. We don't need more rules systems after this, unless they're setting-specific rules.

What we need is new setting guides and more adventure paths. Once they finish up whatever they're planning to do with the Artificer and the Mystic (neither of which will ever see use in my games anyway) the actual "rules" of 5e are complete as far as I'm concerned

W-why are you so mean, user?
I just wanted to talk with you guys, have a good time...
:/

>le Psionic is bad meme

You faggots give anime fans a bad name with your moe pedo garbage. Fucking kill yourself asshole fuccboi

So who else is excited for hexblades? I can't wait to build picrelated. How would you stat out a scythe for a pact weapon? Everyone says to refluff glaives, but DoMT's Death avatar's scythe is a 1d8 slashing weapon

One, mystics aren't even flavored to specifically by psyonics anymore; and two, that still doesn't prevent them from being bad additions

I think they're very concious of avoiding rules bloat - a big deal has been made on the approachability of 5e compared to 4e. I think next year we'll get another 2 adventures (one based around Mindflayers maybe) and a settings book.

Really want to see how both the Samurai and the Kensai look out of the UA. want to see how a multiclass Samurai/Kensai will work if at all.

Nothing wrong with moe, you just have shit taste

Okay now the waifu is more dumb, but not by much.

If you want to know what can change the nature of a man, look at yourself. Estrogen in the water causing you to act more feminine. Moeshit brain cancer creating a culture that not only accepts you but encourages you.

One day in your youth you had potential. You could be anything and your dreams were big. And then you watched anime, and were changed forever.

So anime can change the nature of a man, assuming you even qualified as one at some point.

What are you talking about? Mystics are most definitely Psionic and a great addition to 5e classes.

No fuck off moeshit is for little girls and pedos. So what are you a little girl or a fucking pedo?

>x is in the water meme

Not even once

*who

>>/pfg/

>Estrogen in the water causing you to act more feminine
I wish this was true

>wew you cause shame to us animufags...
>If you want to know what can change the nature of a man, look at yourself. Estrogen in the water causing you to act more feminine
DUDE WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK

Are we being raided by /pfg/?

both

You probably like monks, too

I am really tempted to play a human fighter with really low stats / poor optimization and just be a retired cobbler who wanted to explore and meet new people.

Also because my party is going to be 75% weirdo monster races so I can be like "WHAT ARE YOU!? WAIT?! WHAT ARE YOU?! ARE YOU GOING TO EAT ME?!"

You know for a fact that the mind Flayer adventure is going to be a reskinned curse of Strahd

If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Boards, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether shitposting, or bait, or dubs or trips - whatever you meme can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen memes move threads, make men stave off sex, and turn an shitposting tripfag's heart half-circle. This entire Website has been constructed from memes. Memes damned user, whose heart clung to the hope that his waifu loved him when she did not.

I tried that, and I hope you have a good group because you'll never get any RP time if your DM tries to humor the rest of the groups autism

Of course! Monks are fucking cool and badass.

It actually is.

Not true enough for me then

If a character has proficiency with improvised weapons but not with longswords, could they pick up a longsword and use it as an improvised weapon, or would they just use it as a longsword with no prof bonus?

CoS ruled so I'd be fine with that. But do you seriously think they're going to bring back tarot cards, and the same gothic trinkets/backgrounds/monsters/bbeg motivation/plotline/trapped souls/dark gifts/mongrels/hags/gay vampires and werewolves? If so you're retarded.

both, but a longsword as an improvised weapon would deal 1d4 damage

It isn't going to turn you into the girl anime has led you to think you are. It will throw off your natural hormonal balance however.

Worse. /polfindergeneral/

What do you think...

>It isn't going to turn you into the girl
sad

>It will throw off your natural hormonal balance however
I'm literally a bear

If they're just here to drag us down the pit of anime degeneracy, I don't mind it because I'm already there. If they're just here to screech, then begone with them. You'll have to tell me which it is because I didn't read the thread.

what makes a sword any different from a long sharp stick?

If a man is capable of wielding a stick with "proficiency" should he not also be capable of the same feat when he wields a sword in the same way he would a stick?

In the end they are all just objects used to beat another person to death with.

Jesus Christ stop posting you imbecile

It's not a girl its a guy, it's one of the Jagers from Akame ga kill. Save yourself the trouble and read the manga the anime is ass towards the end.

>same file name for every image
Holy shit what a loser

And four times in two days! Fuckin really?

How we build her in 5e?

Esdeath is the only reason to watch the show

The manga is shit as well
Pic related autist

>mearls actually made a good video
Never thought I'd see the day.

This is the biggest travesty atm, but that has more to do with glaive's classification than Kensei. At least we finally have a reason to use versatile weapons two-handed now

>your
>unironic (((coincidence brackets)))
We got a live one 'ere, boys.

>not giving it the same filename as that other image
You've missed your chance, user.

War mage is coming out, use that and take all ice spells, maybe give your DM a handy to change spells elements but you're locked into picking ice and it's just a refluff.

What does /5eg/ think about Dawnforgecast? Personally I find the guys voice really boring.

I'd say sure, but with 1d4 slashing damage because they don't REALLY understand how to use it correctly. Same as throwing an awl at someone for 1d4 piercing, or smashing someone over the head with a barstool for 1d4 bludgeon.

He has a very cunty and coddling way of speaking.

More high level content, including higher CR Beasts for Droods, Fey and Elementals for conjurers

Also, Stronghold rules and mechanics. I have no idea how to make it work, only that *all* my players want some.

For a one-shot my players had been requesting from me, I had their current characters isekai'd to the Akame ga Kill universe. For her, I just took the warlord (VGtM 220), equipped with a rapier and studded leather, then gave her Innate Spellcasting with a bunch of ice-themed spells.

But that would require effort and he's clearly not that kind of man.

Also, some double personality mechanic of some sort for your werewolves / schizophrenics / legion mind types

Didn't he try to go anonymous and try to undermine some rival streams, or some such?

Nah I think that should be 100% up to the DMs and players.

lol does anyone have proof of that? Because that's hilariously petty.

Do Tortle's shells count as wearing armor for barbarian rage?

How do I subtly kill my parties bard?
Everyone else is pure damage and easy to plan encounters around, but this fuckers magic bullshit is really messing me up.

Nia is a mediocre waifu

No

I disagree.
I think the lack of control/duality should be the source of drama that propels participants to Role-play around.
It's the dread of unpredictability that is behind for example the Wild Mage (that is actually a rather good piece of content when sadly only in the hands of an above average DM)
Something with a delta of randomness whose tension informs Role-play narrowly enough to be an problem, but not so random to be arbitrary (again, see Wild Mage. I honestly think there should be a chaos progression table, where the higher the level of Spell the more dramatic but narrower the table of random effects should be)

Did a little reading. Apparently circa 2013ish he was making fake Youtube accounts to downvote upcoming rival channels. Here's somebody's response to his "apology", which was later taken down and was regarded as too late and insincere.

youtube.com/watch?v=h39iWWnVSsE

You become a better DM instead or ban the class.
If you simply kill the Bard the lesson will be "next time don't get caught"

What is the bard doing that is kicking your ass noob GM?

AIDS

my giving up DMing forever. You're not suited for it.

I prefer Colville and WebDM

>I think the lack of control/duality should be the source of drama that propels participants to Role-play around.
Sure. Why should that be written into the rules though? Why should there be fucking "rules" dictating how things like schizophrenia or actual possession should work?

>Wild Mage tables tho
Really? THAT'S your example?

Shit I can't watch atm, my current character is a kensei, did he mention any changes? Can I still two-hand a longsword for 1d10?

Could help action reduce ritual time?

I'm wondering: what happens if an Intellect Devourer noms the brain of a wildshaped druid? Because the druid keeps their mental ability scores when wildshaped, but their physical form is different.

No, why should it?