Rivals of Ixalan spoiler

Rivals of Ixalan spoiler

This snaps the plank off the ship.

Turn 1 Kinjalli's Caller

Turn 2 Otepec Huntmaster

Turn 3 Regisaur Alpha

Turn 4 Ghalta with protection backup and haste. Also lethal. Seems good. The best part is the fact you could play this in limited.

>Elder dinosaur

cool, could see some play

what the fuck this new card design sucks ass

That's the normal promo design.

>tfw merfolks might become competitive in standard

>Tfw Lorwyn reprint

Oh boy... A card for energy pummeler to abuse...

The very definition of win more.

Wonder if they'll make a new cycle based around the Adept.

Im probably retarded but im not seeing the power of that card. a 2/1 for 2 and showing a card for just drawing a card?

Drawing a card is generally worth worth generic mana or one colored mana and is usually costed as such. The decks that play Adept are never gonna have to pay the extra 3, and as such it's an almost completely free 2/1 body that's pumped by all the lords in the deck.

most of the time if it's like turn 3 you play that, reveal your 1 drop and play the 1 drop. basically it's a 2 mana draw a card reveal a card with a two one body. The only time the reveal becomes bad is if you reveal a threat.

Dinosaurs were always the best thing in mtg, prove me wrong

>were
Didn't they just havr to make the old lizards, dinosaurs by proxy?

>Rivals of Ixalan

Who are the rivals? Is is Jace and Nicol Bolas?

The Brazen Coalition, the Sun Empire, the Legion of Dusk, and the River Heralds.

>Tribal block
>Block about foreigners invading exotic lands
>Block about constant wars and battles between different races
WHO COULD THE RIVALS BE??!??!?!?
THIS IS SO CONFUSING

Would honestly rather have more Carnage Tyrants.
Imagining this walking the plank is hilarious though.

>Dinosaurs were always the best thing, prove me wrong

>This rotated with BFZ
Fug

Could one build an Inspiring Statuary + Ghalta deck in Modern and be semi-competitive?

The next big thing in Modern after Rivals is released will be a stupid aggro deck that spews out a turn two or three Ghalta with Simian Spirit Guides, Mox Opals, and Lupine Prototypes.

Meme decks are never a "big thing" in modern. They make awful casual cards spike for like a week. That's it.

I'm suggesting it will prove to be better than Death's Shadow.

Omnath?

Okay, so you're retarded or trolling. Stop posting any time.

so you're suggesting that a deck that requires

>two guides
>a mox opal
>a land
>two lupine prototypes
>a ghalta

in the first three turns of the game is not only viable but is in fact better than death's shadow?

It will be able to empty its hand and beat down with Prototypes even without the Ghalta, and will be able to power out the Ghalta in other ways than with Prototype.

This card is going to get banned. Seriously have Wizards not learned their lesson about cheating mana costs from Delve? Every Temur Energy player is laughing as they pre-order 4 of these.

No. See Ghalta is only good if you already have several big creatures in play, but if you already have several big creatures in play you were already winning anyway.

>Ghalta is only good if you already have several big creatures in play
I bet you think Treasure Cruise was garbage unless you were casting it for U. On no planet is 6 mana for a 12/12 with trample a bad rate.

The 2/1 is often bigger since merfork plays many lords, the revealed information is often negligible and having a cantrip stapled on a threat is really good for aggro decks since it makes the enemy spot removal worse.

>swap out all the card draw and control cards for more pieces for a combo that is harder to pull off
Time to preorder

>6 mana
By then you already have six power on the field. You're not exactly bad off, and your deck would improve drastically from you replacing Ghalta with an actual six drop that you can actually cast when you are behind.

That's a big body.

Why is everyone forgetting big bo(d)y Rhonas?

>another fullart for fish
>gameday promo
>guaranteed expensive as fuck because reasons
Fuck

>elder dinosaur

>cast Phyrexian Dreadnaught
>flash in old Dino
J A N K
A
N
K

>Better than Death's Shadow

Ok,

They are propably the big stompy things guarding the shiny "transforms-into-maze of ith" in Ixalan jungle. So except a red and white big dinos too

what's the expected price for the adept promo?

Now this is a combo I'm behind

Six or seven bucks

>T1 play forest and a birb/noble hierarch
>T2 play winding canyon, cast cultivate
>T3 play forest
>tap forest, play Phyrexian Dreadnaught
>tap birb, forest and activate winding canyon
>tap forest, exile SSG cast Ghalta
>T4 opponent casts bomerang/path/terminate and you weep

What in the fuck, since when is a giant animal bigger and stronger than a goddamn eldrazi Titan?

I'd probably go more for Hollow One cheese with this than the ramp strategies

Dinos are basically wingless dragons in Ixalan. Also, Chandra fucked any hope of the eldrazi being cool.

Phyrexian dreadnaught
Quicken or anything to let you cast a creature at instant speed
Ghalta

This would be true if the current Standard wasn't tokens central.
Ghalta isn't good because it's 12/12, it's good because it's another 5+ power creature with Trample.

I'm fairly certain MaRo's only card idea is a double digit power creature for GG

Why is ghalta flexing it's tiny dino arms?

azor planeswalker confirmed

please explain to me how this could possibly be useful anywhere

Maybe Vraska and Urza?

not the person who posted that but it reduces the cost of the dino

>not casting not of this world in response

Where are the Unstable spoilers?

It's gonna be Ugin.
The only time they care about obscure fan favorite characters is during Commander product development.

>white/blue didn't have an official tribe in Ixalan
>they still seeded w/b draft options

>w/b
white/black?

I meant u god dammit.

Vehicles my dear tomodachi

It's a reprint of a cards that sees play in modern merfolk

Nah, you can remove the Azorius from that image, him being part of a guild it's only speculation. (It's colors may still be WU).
Actually Ugin isn't a sphinx

no i meant lupine prototype

>costs x less where x is the power of creatures you control
yeah, the lupine prototype has power 5 and it only costs 2. so you could play that on turn 2 for a huge cost reduction.

outside of that specific example?

>vehicles
ah yes i see now

Bottled Cloister?

>outside of that specific example?
that's the WHOLE reason why user posted it you ding dong. it's good with the elder dino. that's the point.

Bat god better be in this fucking set.
We need a decent mono black threat.

On second thought, no.

The entire point of it being brought up was an example to be used with it you fucking donut.
Learn2context

Razaketh is a thing.
The problem isn't that Mono-White, Mono-Blue, Mono-Black, Vampires, Dinosaurs, Merfolk or Pirates don't have strong cards. The problem is that energy was a mistake and The Scarab God is RETARDED.

>play monster
>dump hand
>5/5 beatstick

Razaketh is too expensive and not that strong, compare him to bombs in other colors like: hazoret, glorybringer, torrential, regal caracal, bristling hydra or some of the cheap but specific options like the white horse.

Black is the only color right now that's missing a big threat card that can come down early, that's the exact reason scarab god got popular is because black had no big boys until they branched out into blue.

>dump hand
what?

It's time for one with nothing to shine

>Actually Ugin isn't a sphinx

In Mayan lore dragons are a form of sphinx.

>temple to a bat god
>Wizards just made the Shrine of Tamochan

>lands already spoiled
>implying people actually care about the rest of the cards in the set

hey

I do

It won't be good until Domineria. They're not going to print 2 fucking lords in the same limited set. No way. Especially if it's Pearl Trident and Atlantis.

At best they're goign to have Merfolk Sovereign in Ixalan, then their next set possibly Rejerey.

But to have 2 lords AND metallic Mimic? Yea right. Merfolk is going to be bottom barrel garbage.

Noxious Gearhulk is really good tho...

Is there an updated version of this?

Any suggestions on what a UB midrange/control deck should sideboard in against Ramunap Red and Temur energy? (aside from Gifted Aetherborn), I'm already running a playset of them.

Are we talking about lore or mechanics with this chart? If it's lore:
>Jace, the "tfw to intelligent" quip planeswalker
>God tier

>Not having Death Rite Shaman
DRS is the greatest Planeswalker ever created.

>not golgari bat demons

>black has no threats
Well, I mean they have Herald of Anguish, but you need to play artifacts with him, which by then you've already branched out into Dimir.

So I agree, black doesn't have any decent threats, as far as mono-black is concerned

it says something about the state of WotC that my favourite, most identified with character is Nicol Bolas. seriously my dick was rock hard my first time seeing the "______'s Defeat" cards where he bitch slapped the entire fagwatch with their own speshul shit.

him mindraping jace was particularly satisfying.

Bolas is right though. It was better when planeswalkers were basically gods.

find the mana to then Fling the dreadnought before it kills itself, for added value

Think it's worth buying Metallic Mimic?

Oh god i want this for my modern deck but theyll be so expensive

Probably not, I can't see any tribal decks being top tier and beating Energy out of that top spot in standard.

Anybody foresee The Scarab God getting banned?

no

at least not now
maybe after KLD rotates but as is right now if any cards are up to be banned the top of the list is things like Longtusk Cub, Bristling Hydra, Attune with Aether and the energy mechanic in general