Snowflakes

>"My paladin worships ideals, not silly uncaring gods."

"I'm a tiefling"

>kender

What if you want to play a Tiefling that looks like a deformed inbred?

"deus vult purge the heretics"

A Drow but good and lawful

>tfw MHF and Beerbelly McBeardedAnvil players don't realize they're the actual snowflakes

Have you tried not being an autist? also playing solo videogames, that can work as you intend.

>But s/he grew up on the surface!

>tfw the deep truth is that Male Human Fighters are generally the kind of people who want things to revolve around them and think anything remotely stranger is stealing the limelight

>my 1000 year old eternal child kitsune with a demon sealed in her arm isn't the snowflake, the snowflake is Bill the grizzled mercenary
What did he mean by this?

>my high fantasy eastern stuff fits our high magic oriental campaign, while our dwarf who acts like everything is dnd doesent

5E enabled these cunts.

paladins being about ideals is an old thing, otherwise they would just be less versatile clerics

Paladins being about ideals is an old thing. Paladins worshiping ideals and getting their magical abilities from them instead of a god is not.

Paladins not being about just gods has been a thing since AD&D.

There were atheist clerics in AD&D ffs.

>Paladins worshiping ideals and getting their magical abilities from them instead of a god is not.
youre thinking of clerics user

That's not true unless you've literally only played Baldur's Gate.

Which ideal do you worship? Sucking every dick in your local area?

>My paladin has no god
Good luck with no smite or spells, faggot

elaborate

That seems fine.
I mean, canon, the gods don't really give much of a shit. And you can get divine powers just fine without their help.

Most MHF players do this shit as self-insertion, if something might take the limelight from them or be ever so slightly more fantastic than they are, suddenly the word loses the appeal of *them* doing awesome shit through character surrogacy. It's the same reason Link is named Link ultimately.

Again you've clearly only played 3e+ Forgotten Realms.

>There were atheist clerics in AD&D ffs.
Those were rare to unheard of. Certainly I don't know the rules for that. But it becomes even harder in later editions where clerics get special abilities based on who their god is above and beyond a favored weapon (domain spells and abilities). AD&D and even 3.5 didn't have any systems in place in any official game manuals to enable those sorts of shenanigans, where it's in one of the early paragraphs for any divine class in 5E.

>he wants to redeem a fucking demon because she makes his peepee stiff

This is not a snowflake behaviour, but it's still infuriating. Nobody ever wants to redeem a chain devil. It's ALWAYS succubi. Because they're hot.

>not redeeming demons
>instead letting evil have 100% access to turncoats from the other side
Get a load of this rube.

It is snowflake behavior because only a snowflake would believe that a semen demon would suddenly change her ways because of his particular dick.

>not redeeming the big fucking baalor
>not having a balrog of holy light

>I don't know the rules for that
They exist in Planescape and Ravenloft. Additionally the only non-druid cleric class in 2e Darksun worships mortal mage kings.

As for Paladin their having an actual god was always up in the air.

>but 3.5
I don't give a shit about the edition that had the wall of the faithless as a fuck you to players who didn't feel overly compelled to actually worship a god, lol.

>tfw the MHF/Judge Dredd paladin/Beardy McAnvil player wants to prove how powerful good is by... acting the exact same as evil
Wow, how compelling, truly amazed by your superior morality

Could work.especially if they were raised in a community that has a different view of what a 'god' is. They could instead follow a virtue or ideal which according to their faith brings them closer to divinity, or can bring light to the universe, giving them a dearth of extra good karma to draw on for power.

That is not at all what a snowflake is or means. You have effectively made word salad.

>a player thinks with their dick towards the demon who entices you via the dick
whats the issue here?

>mfw my paladin is a sikh who gains feats through doing good deeds. Anything from smiting evil to helping old ladies cross the street.

No, user, words have meanings.

"The Divine being granting paladin'powers in this setting takes back the power imparted upon you. Scratch out Paladin and write Fighter instead."

>Again you've clearly only played 3e+ Forgotten Realms.

>At 20th level, a paladin becomes a conduit for the power of her god.

"Upon reaching 5th level, a paladin forms a divine bond with her god."

>of her GOD
>with her GOD

And divine spells, by their very name, require a god to grant them to the character.

right from the Pathfinder pfsrd. Eat shit and die.

>pathfinder
pffffffft

Also a lot of gods in D&D are basically jumped up adventurers.

They don't exactly give compeling reasons for worship (at least gods like Corellon, Moradin and Gruums have demiurge aspects, wtf do I care that some level 30 mage thinks I should send prayers his way because he can cast wish)

>Pathfinder
clearly youve only played 3.5E

also, pathfinder doesent even require CLERICS to have gods

>They exist in Planescape and Ravenloft.
Two settings made to subvert everything D&D was actually about.
You're literally taking the settings that defined themselves by being anti-Standard to define the actual Standard.

Maybe you're right, but it at least falls under "nuh uh, that doesn't work because X bullshit". It's definitely "me = super special" thinking, but snowflake does require "muh uniqueness" which is compensated with cobbled together traits that don't make the character interesting.

>Pathfinder

Pathfinder is a fork of 3.5.

>"guns aren't cannon!"

>it's definitely a me=special thing
Not unless you count literally all adventuring activity as a me=special thing.
Your usage of meme speak instead of actual thought has diminished your ability to differentiate things you don't like to nil.

>everything in D&D must be Greyhawk
I use turn grog

>nuh uh I don't just play 3e
>posts an excerpt from a 3e derivative

>being this much of a cocksucking Forgefaggot
Fuck off Lorraine Williams.

People never see the big picture with demons and devils.

>Play a game of poker with a devil lord.
>Cheating like crazy on both sides.
>I win.
>Get part of his domain and all the souls and devils in it.

>Start a program to reform the inhabitants of my new domain.
>They become the construction crew on my new castle.
>Everything went great until the Gnome cleric order sprung a leak in their retardedly giant kettle of holy water.
>Still I call it a net win.

>I'm a paladin of a god who was killed, but I'm trying to resurrect my lord by living by his ideals through my whole life

People that play as anthropomorphic animals or that try to invent classes

I still like the tengu from pathfinder because I can fly and wield a sword with my foot

>muh Lorraine Williams dolchtoss
First off Forgotten Realms is more of the same
Secondly without Lorraine Williams' decision to churn out books and keep them in print, a) the most interesting D&D settings wouldn't have been made and b) 1E would have been out of print in the 80s. TSR kept 1E core books in print almost halfway through 2E's run.

>worships ideals
Okay, you fall due to your professed idolatry.

"BBEG"

ideals, not idols, ya fucking deaf bastard.

>the most interesting D&D settings
To people who jerk off as they read the books.
There's nothing interesting about garbage like Planescape and Ravenloft to people who actually play the damn game.

The gods of D&D are significantly closer to idolatry than people who follow ideals

Ugh.

There's nothing special about making a giant, but ultimately mortal monster die through physical trauma. There is nothing special about assassinating a tyrant or throwing a coup.
There is some bullshit when someone manages to make a being made of evil cease to become evil without compromising its existence, especially when said methods involve delving into the very sin one is trying to cleanse.

goddamn, I am sick of these uneducated newfags having no idea what the fuck snowflake means.

this! its not the fact they think it can be done, its that they only ever try on succubi regardless of the actual character they display

>hurrrrr
I've never read, opened or owned any of the novels tied to these settings.

If you want your megadungeon bullshit, all of these settings (including Al Qadim, Darksun, even fucking Spelljammer) have them.

No one took your fucking greyhawk away.

is making an angel fall as an evil party snoflakey? no, because its a thing that can happen

likewise demons can be redeemed

>there is nothing special about doing this special deed that hardly anyone else can do
>there is nothing special about doing this special deed that hardly anyone else can do
>There is something special about doing this special deed that hardly anyone else can do

Your logic is baffling at best, and actively damaging to thought at worst.

consider it succubutt powers working through meta

remember, people have though with their dicks since dicks existed- so let them

if its a bad end then so be it

Nice strawman.

Trying to redeem demons is a good thing to do

trying to redeem a succubus because you want to fuck her belongs to the domain of evil

Autism means having trouble dealing with complex morality, which means Planescape and Ravenloft, despite being on the whole rather simplistic, can leave them deeply booty bothered.

Worshipping ideals is still idolatry user, it literally is the worship of false gods.
The issue of graven images is that they divert worship from the divine to a particular false idea of the divine.
If you're supplanting worship of the divine with false ideas directly you're skipping past the issue of icons and going straight to the sin.

>You're not allowed to do good deeds to hot things

Aye. Don't they see the potential? The possibilities?

>captcha: azzarese calle

>demons
>redeemable
I guess it depends on the setting.

we are a cynical species, we feel the downs harder then the ups and so its natural to think that good can become evil but not vice versa

That's still not idolatry, you deaf bastard, there's no idol.

well, fallen angels can exist

if you the elevator goes down it can also go up

Ideals aren't false gods you moron.

Also standard D&D gods are literally polytheistic idols. Your deus veult bullshit doesn't work in a world where "one true faith" monotheism is objectively wrong.

A good end to this behavior is making the succubus play up the 'please save me' angle, seduce him to sex and devour his soul, walking away laughing

The only setting where that's true is forgotten realms with it's retarded railroading gods. Paladins not getting their powers from a deity had always been a thing

>"I'm a Lawful Good paladin!"

What if evil is a black hole with a moral event horizon, though? How do you get up from a black hole?

>chastely refuse sex
>instead continue with holy book lessons
It's like you've never cockblocked a succubus before.
It's literally the best feeling.

>Using "Don't worry I'm lawful good" as a defense for murdering someone in broad daylight
(the AD&D PHBs even have notes about how this isn't expected behavior)

Just because you take two posts to say 'depends on the setting' doesn't make your statement any more deep.

>my character is thirteen

if you're not playing a troglodyte this has no place
if you also play as a female I'm fucking reporting you

>I've never read, opened or owned any of the novels tied to these settings.
Sure you haven't. That's why you consider them the "best settings" and not the railroady wankbait of Hickman and Cook they actually are once you run them.
>If you want your megadungeon bullshit
There aren't any TSR-published megadungeons "hurr I read an OSR blog and am an expert" cocksucker.
>No one took your fucking greyhawk away.
Obviously not since I don't play in Greyhawk.
Doesn't change the fact that shit like Planescape & Ravenloft isn't D&D but 2E garbage made by people who wanted to be writers for White Wolf rather than D&D.

>Chaotic neutral rogue

What about succubii (male)? Are those kosher for purification?

I see you worship the ideal of being an intolerable . keep it up, you must be at least a CR18 Ass-Rammer by now

hawking radiation. Duh.

>My self-insert Human Fighter or Mage is totally legit you snowflake

reminds me of Aquaman and Orm in brave and the bold

Those are called incubi

succubi (lies on bottom)
incubi (lies on top)

>It's not muh D&D
The first ravenloft modules are from 1st edition, moronic grog

>lies on top
thats just what he thinks

>thirteen yearolds didn't exist in medieval Europe

You cheeky cunt

>Ideals aren't false gods you moron.
They're the very definition of false gods.
This is literally how the Gnostics ceased to be Christian.
>Also standard D&D gods are literally polytheistic idols.
All of which grant power to their favored worshippers.
>Your deus veult bullshit doesn't work in a world where "one true faith" monotheism is objectively wrong.
Excepting of course that it's the way it was written with Paladins being granted power by divine entities and losing them by the same.