Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

3spooky5me edition

Previous →

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
[YouTube] WHTVTip of the Day - Vindicator Dozer Blade. (embed)

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ferst fer da WAAAGH!

5th for bugs

eldar here, finally balanced and fun in 8th

If I give a Grey Knight Paladin a special weapon, and also give him falchions, does he have one falchion or two? Since I noticed the Heavy Weapons arm from the sprue already has the fist pre-attached.

On that note, what's the best special weapon for a deepstriking 5man paladin squad? Psilencers or Incinerators? I would really like to use Incinerators but I doubt their usefulness.

Power ranking of each faction (according to lore)

Nids > necrons > chaos (all combined) > inperium of man > orks > Dark Eldar > Eldar > tau

The balance may have come, but the stigma remains

Nids, Necrons, and Chaos all presume they'd ever all unite. Necrons by a single dynasty are an abysmal threat and Chaos, like Orks have way too many personal grudges.

>Choas
>More powerful then the imperium

Instead of accusing of being ADB or calling you a faggot, could you please explain your reasoning

Well, they do have 4 gods on their side.

i wanna say eldar should be above dark eldar but those raiders have at least double the population and could do a lot of damage if they ever got serious while the craftworld guys are constantly losing.

i would say tau are slightly stronger due to how serious the imperium treats them (and their plot armor)

eh, elves in any media tend to be like that

Being muttmad about Eldar is a time-honored tradition of 40k. People are supposed to complain about them and Eldar are supposed to take it with a shit-eating grin and claims that they aren't all that good.
It's all in good fun and anyone not participating can fuck right off.

Are Nids really that powerful though? I know they've eaten lile 12 galaxies already and are without number but they seem dumb enough to run into long ranged weaponry over and over again. I bet their advance could be permanently halted by any various faction quite easily.

It's because the whole personality of elves centers around them being arrogant and cocky (with a superiority complex to boot). People tend to dislike those traits.

From the Warhammer community article announcing the Nid codex:
>The ancient might of the Craftworlds. The unstoppable fury of the Imperium. The nightmarish power of Chaos. All of these pale in significance in the face of the Tyranids, extragalactic predators with numbers enough to consume the universe and the psychic might to make the gods tremble.

They always wank off the newest codex.

It's almost like GW tries to hype any faction they are currently market.

i guess i don't know it much in 40k since everyone is overly arrogant. the only ones not arrogant is guardsmen but you can bet he'd get slapped by a commissar if he would suggest that lasguns can't kill titans or daemons easily due to how HFY the imperium is

Well if we are going purely by how they are hyped up:
Once an actual hive-fleet reaches the galaxy, any warp rift will slam closed, the empyrean will be whisked out and any form of space travel will be utterly impossible because the entire warp will be blotted out by the limitless gestalt of the Hivemind and its bodies that number in the googols. I think you are underestimating how much matter there is in a galaxy to be converted into gaunts.

Reminder to punch the little cunt who breaks your models before he does it again.

Can someone explain to me how modifiers and rerolls works? Because I still do not understand it even after watching some battle reports.

How is this GK army?

Batallion (+3CP)

HQ Kaldor draigo
HQ GM in Nemesis (H incinerator and H psycannon + sword)

Troop Strike Squad X10 (Falchion + 1 psycannon)
Troop Terminator Squad X5 ( 1 Hammer 2 Halberds 2 Falchions + Incinerator)
Troop Terminator Squad X5 ( 1 Hammer 2 Halberds 2 Falchions + psycannon)

Heavy sup. Nemesis dreadknight (H incinerator and H psycannon + sword)
Heavy sup. Purgation squad (4x psilencer)

Flyer Stormraven (twin melta, twin autocannon, missiles and hurricane bolters)

Total 1978 points

Any recommended changes on this list or any recommended full list?

You roll and re-roll as normal, THEN you apply the modifiers.

If you are talking in-universe perspective, most aren't very arrogant.
Most Space Marines are devout. Most Inquisitors fanatical in their devotion. Orks go off simple facts and if they are bigger and greener than you, than they are probably orkier and thus better. An Eldar has good reason to be arrogant when he has spent more time doing pottery than your family has lived in the last fifty generations and has seen more battles and wars than some Space Marine Chapters, but he sure as fuck won't give lip to an Archon or Autarch.
It's just perspective. It's the players that keep telling you how their plastic dudesmen are better than anyone else's.

>implying you need more than 1

>the God-stop calling me that-Emperor
>a God

True but most codexs go on about how powerful the faction can be.
I dont think any others actually straight up say that everyone else is going to die

The Hammer is better than the sword for the dreadknight.

Never take Psycannons, take Psilencers instead.

Don't mix weapons in a terminator squad. Take all Falchions or All Halberds.

Only take Incinerators if you've got something to jump out of.

Don't take Terminators, take Paladins instead.

They're crazy better than Terminators for not much price difference.

Don't take a regular Dreadknight, just take the GM one. Its only a few points more for a much better Knight.

He's completely OK with being a god now, much to Guilliman's horror.

*As the Sanguinor deep strikes into enemy lines, Sphiroth's theme starts playing in the distance*

Consequently, by the nature of the great game, most chaos followers also have 3 gods against them (being whichever they have pledged to, plus it minus an opposing god from other pantheons)

It's probably because he wants to finally die

>How is this GK army?
Cookie cutter as shit.
I tried to, the store owner stopped me, and he outweighs me by 50lbs and 5 inches height.
The kid was banned from the store forever, and I still have the model, a vintage 2e SM hero that was a part of my first 40k model set given to me by my uncle.
I am currently trying to piece together a dreadnaught worthy of him, but it's been hard.

How do you outfit the clown troupe?

I'm looking at a unit of six with 2 blades, 2 caresses, and 2 kisses.

It is like that though:
Nids: If the whole fleet comes, everyone dies.
Orks: If they all unite, everyone dies.
Necrons: If all of them wake up and unite, everyone dies.
Chaos: If they unite and destroy the Imperium, everyone dies.

>Be worshiped as a god and save your species from damnation/extinction
>Don't be worshiped and everything you've ever cared for and accomplished will be destroyed
He's got no real choice in the matter anymore.

>beats a dead horse

Why have they never statted or produced a model for Inquisitor Kryptman?

>Orks: If they all unite, everyone dies.
Only maybe one First Founding Chapter and the Imperium gets a little rattled around, that's it.

Hmmmm with armour like that I was thinking this song more appropiate

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Doing anything for Halloween with 40k, anons?
Don't open this

>banned from the store
That's fine. It's the goons who get away with it that go on to vandalize property later.

Take some fusion pistols, it's the only decent anti vehicle/monsters Harlequins got.

Kisses are shit right now.

I am become Dakka, the destroyer of MEQs

Even IG have elite/highborn regiments comprised of arrogant guardsmen in the lore.

Was thinking of doing the zombie/typhus killteam that MWG did a while back but then I rememered no one has enough zombies.

For me, this theme is forever the Gay Custodes Theme.
Thanks, TTS.

3+ units, one with fusion/embrace, one with caress/neuro pistol, one with kiss/shuriken

Great thing is that the star/void weavers can also give you extra models for a 4th troupe with blades/shuriken if you keep your troupe sprues

*cough *cough Ullanor *cough *cough The Beast
those two hadn't even managed to unite all the Orks, and if the Emperor and the Primarchs hadn't been there personally to stop the Ullanor Orks before they grew too strong, who knows what would have happened.

Is that a....

>Implying there are non-gay custodes

Why must you hurt me so. that game had so much potential.
All the team that was working on it except bugfixers and server maintenance have been pulled awhile ago.

Kitten isn't gay, he's a xenophile.

Would Magnus' model be large enough to build some electronics into it so that you can have it blasting that song when you're fielding him?

It's not going to get better than the Beast, user.
The best you can hope for is for Ghazzy to get a big Waaagh going and then to get slapped down by whoever they need to hype up, probably some Chaos Primarch or something. Orks will never be a credible threat again.

Only if you build him shirtless

Just give him a fancy base.

Here I fixed it

Batallion
Grandmaster Dreadknight - Incinerator and Psycannon, Teleporter, Hammer - Gate
Grandmaster Voldus - Gate, Vortex, Hammerhand

(6 dudes) Strike Squad - Falchions, Incinerator - Hammerhand
--Vortimer Razorback - Stormbolter, Hunter Killer Missile

Vanguard
Draigo - gate, vortex

Apothecary - warding stave, sanctuary
(warlord) Paladin Ancient - Banner of refining flame, first to the fray
Paladins - 4x with falchions, 2x psilencers, justicar with hammer

Its like 1983/2000. GG

> Literally zero 8th edition experience
> Hankering for goldbois

How viable would a list consisting entirely of Sanguinary Guard, special characters and Sanguinary-enablers be right now?

As in 30-40 of them, Dante and/or Sanguinor, and some Priests/Banners.

Lets say I reroll every failed hit, but I have a -1 to hit. BS 3+, 4 shots. I roll 3, 1, 2, 4. So I re roll the 1 and 2, lets say they hit with a 3 and a 4. So I have 3, 3, 4 and 4. This means that with the -1 I have 2, 2, 3 and 3, so I hit with just 2 hits. Is this right?

Not very.

>linking to old thread but not linking to new thread in old thread

OP a shit

Yes.

Thank you for helping me.

Elite armies will always be shit in 8th Edition outside of some Primarch meme build like Guilliman Parking Lot.

>Still playing with FW noughts when the Chadnought is available
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Does anyone have a blank datasheet for homebrew units? i've been looking everywhere and I can't find anything

not for 8th, i did for 7th/6th chaos superheavies but i haven't gotten around to remaking them for 8th

I was never implying they would be, no army ever will be because if they did persay do any of the following stuff I mentioned (), they wouldnt be able to sell models.

I think I saw it in excel spreadsheet the other day.

Eldar?

last thread a shit

Not enough zombie models?
You could always have it so not all the zombies are up at the same time through spawn points or something maybe. Or maybe not just have zombies and instead go for more of a general halloween thing- have pumpkin head things (if you can find pumpkin minis), you could have a space marine dullahan, etc. Or you could always prepare some conversions for next year.

WAT U SAY

The miniature that will set the fandom aflame.

>shilling for the retardo marine models

yeah, naw

>space marine as an nDullahan

Holy shit that is teerifying. What chapter would it be though? I'd probably say White Scars because bikes

>laughs in Leviathan

Konrad Curze LIVES

Could go with an obvious through Legion of the Damned, not sure what other options would be fitting/cool.

But would anyone willingly go with him?

Only the mad and depraved.

I already have the unit details down, i just need something to make it look more official, like the proper unit icons and datascroll borders

Is this the most a e s t h e t i c unit in the game ?

Would vanilla terminators be good if they could all take assault cannons or plasma cannons?

>Going insane and wishing you'd just die is better than actually just dying

They’re so static

Where do I find the warhammer model holder/buttplug???

chaos fags on damage control

>a helmet, red mk7 armor, a cape, and two swords

Just like I remember him!

It literally says in the 4th ed rulebook that the orks are the only force in the universe that could unite and stop the tyranids, and good for the rest of the universe that they never will.

Lets see
Demoni appearance? Check
Headless? Potentially
Whip made from a spine? Doubtfull
Boiling buckets of blood? Negative
Caraige drawn by headless horses with banshees/ rides a headless horse? Negative
Sets countryside on fire? Check

Did he actually kill anyone with his wings? That blood must have come from somewhere

Or they just happen to be red feathers

See

that's not blood, feathers can be red

Even though Sangui-boy isn't often depicted like this, that's officially the coolest artwork of him ever drawn.

But you can see red liquid dripping from them. And every depiction I have seen of him does not show his wings with red feathers. Maybe I have missed some.

Doesn't have to be a 1 for 1, so you could always have a bike riding legion of the damned with things like chains trailing behind and stuff.
Forgot to add another idea- Orks under a simple white cloth ghost costume