Warhammer 40,000 general(/wh40kg/ /40kg/)

Starship troopers edition

>Tyranids Preview, Cruddance on suicide watch
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/30/tyranid-codex-preview-synapse-instinctive-behaviour-and-the-shadow-in-the-warp-oct-30gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan(seig heil)
youtube.com/watch?v=7QO-vyYHtBw&t=0s
>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVFLTbQuHE
youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Skull cannon buff when?

Trannynids

How different is the Craftworld codex from the Index?

my 2000 point Index army was 1500 points in the Codex.

Anyone got any pictures of what Hydra's, Gorgon or Kronos or color scheme is?

Who cares, just run your own scheme

Reminder that all traditionally shit armies will be getting stellar codices except Orks, which will be doa.

Yeah, I'm looking through it now and Howling Banshees are less powerful in the codex, then the index by a little bit. I only have Howling Banshees and a Harlequin troop, so those are the ones I'm looking at, haha

how will dark eldar, the definitive "eh." army, fare then?

Everything is cheaper. Some shit was buffed. Conceal works differently. That's basically it aside from new shit like expanded powers and relics.

>nice modelling but that level of shit painting
why

GK already have a shit codex though.
>inb4 muh 5th edition

Yeah probably. Depends on the rolls and what is actually charging them.
You expect players to equip every model with a bolt pistol, chainsword and boltgun in interesting and fluffy ways instead of doing the GW approved building method provided in the little booklet? You monster.
I completely agree, I'd be happy if each of those three weapons was 1 point each so you aren't getting too much of an advantage over Space Marines but still

I don't even play nids i'm just curious about new(ish) hive fleets

Gorgon is green and tan, Hydra is complicated and depends on which of his broods they decided to use as the official one, Kronos was said to be blue and purple.

A hive fleet with a static color scheme strikes me as deeply implausible. Tyranids should be better than anyone at customising carapace colors to blend in with each new environment.

That's why most Tyranid players just make up their own instead of sticking with """canon""" ones.

so i play a death guard army and wanna throw in about 600 points of world eaters bezerkers in a battalion alongside for troop choice and sweet cp. i was gonna run a chaos lord and chaos lord on a bike and convert it from an chaos warrior on a horse from fantasy. is there anything wrong with using fantasy chaos warriors as bezerkers? i kinda wanna say they were renegade marines who started a nurgle cult on a super feudal world. pic related not mine but what i'd do

Codex Tau no matter what happens is the one that will be the most delightfully entertaining one right?
No matter what happens, someone will be assmad

Thinking of doing a custom Farseer, female Wyche head, Harlequin troop torso with long coat, slap on two eldar guardian backpack pillars onto the back, use a skyrunner's singing spear arm for the left arm and right arm also from the Skyrunner, slap the Shuriken pistol on her hip. Uncertain what to do for her legs though.

Fuck Nids and Orks

t. Chaos

There are the new Khorne models in AoS right? Those would be better than the warriors.

Personally I hope it's mad OP so that I can finally sell for a good price the Tau collection my butthurt friends gave me for criminally low prices when 8th dropped

Are you going to sell it right back to them? lol

Speaking from experience, never sell anything just because it got nerfed. I've got 6 fully magnetized Carnifexes and 80 Genestealers ready to go with this new book.

>Riptides go up in price
>Sniper Drones drop to 6+ BS
>Strategem that allows a unit to ignore all negative modifiers for a phase
>Drop 5 markerlights on something for 2 command points

so much potential

Started work on my Primaris Storm Wardens proof of concept on a disposable snap fit Primaris. Still very WIP, but how does the silver/blue look?

I know the blue is a bit rough is spots, turns out the ink I'm using isn't very durable when wet, so the several coats needed have to be done more carefully next time.

>still no how to paint Mortarion video from Duncan

Riptides already confirmed getting cheaper.

Haha, I was thinking of doing zerkers with DG, too. Small world.

Nurgle demands it!

Either patience or don't be lazy depending on why you want it

fuck me lads, i cannot write an iron hands list for shit, any suggestions?

The metallic blue is a bit gaudy to me, but overall looks pretty good for a very early beginning. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

You ain't got no head, Lieutenant Dan.

Dude, just basecoat and wash, lol.

Also he's already done a tutorial on Lord of Contagion, just copy the lessons learned there.

>Are you going to sell it right back to them?
Entirely possible. I'll probably just cave and give them discounts if I do though so I want to Ebay it before they ask.

>never sell anything
This what I told them, never mind anything about nerfs. They're hardcore WAACs though so they're mostly content to play FotM these days. I picked up 150 Conscripts and 3 Commissars recently too

All Primaris list with 2 + apothecaries.

So Asurmen is pretty undeniably melee.

Should Fuegan and his meme team cruise around in a wave serpent on their own, or should all 6 (or 4, since Karandras and Baharroth can run arround like assholes doing their own thing) Phoenix Lords cruise around as a small murder ball and plow their way to objectives?

I havent decided whether to Webway Strike the dragons + fuegan or the banshees + jain zar, but I cant help but think there's actually not that much in the game that survives all 6 phoenix lords crashing into it at once, with full retinue

hell the Dark Reapers can join the party simply because they dont take any movement penalties with their missile launchers

Looks good. It's how I would do the with metallic blue that isn't too light. Only reason I didn't is because I didn't want to paint metallic blue and I didn't want to figure out how to put claymores and fur cloaks on everyone

Dreads and Techmarines, because they get the FNP roll too.

My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?

Blue needs more coverage as you can see a little bit of silver in the thinner spots but otherwise not bad.

The Dragons and Reapers are your only AT so you need to keep them safe no matter what. Do whatever you have to. Weigh carefully if Asurmen's invulnerable bubble is worth it for each squad, who should spread out, etc.
Also get Irillyth. Shadow Spectres are both fancy and functional

>base coating before basing

ick

>basing with the model on the base

ack

I love this meme.

>gluing models to paint

i hope you don't do this, user.

>painting every model in 20 subassemblies

>Play Deathwatch vs Tyranids
>Have 6 HQ’s because My Dudes
>Opponent and I are having lots of fun
>Store Eldar player is chastising our armies for not being competitive
>End game with narrow victory for Deathwatch
>Eldar player goes on mini rant about we need to play better
>Mentions how his win record is really high

Can I just have a game or five where fun is the only objective? It seems like 8th has brought out lots of people who are in it purely to win and gloat versus just having a good time.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVFLTbQuHE

>Eldar player
There's your problem

>It seems like 8th has brought out lots of people who are in it purely to win
This isn't new in 8th. May perhaps be more prevalent, with newfags and tryhards winning games more easily with their low system mastery not mattering in such a simple ruleset and getting too big for their boots, but it's far from new. Some people are just WAAC and there's never been any helping it. It's best to ignore them.

40k draws in alot of autists.

No. I watched video tutorials to learn to paint properly.
youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

slap that bitch

>I don't know how to mask, pin, or scrape away connection points

Bet you're one of those plebs who assembles everything fully then sprays, and doesn't paint hard to reach places because "if the brush can't reach it, you can't see it" which is complete bullshit because there are places your line of sight goes that your brush can't reach.

>tfw the new Tyranid codex has peoples asses more fractured than Biel-Tan
Chaosfags and imperialfags BTFO

Stop leaking trade secrets MANFRED

What now?

SURVEY TIME

EVERYONE POST YOUR SUB-ASSEMBLIES FOR A BASIC INFANTRY TROOP

- Head
- Two shoulders
- Backpack
- Chest
- Legs
- Two arms with weapons
- Base

Are you including the aspects with no phoenix? Warp Spiders, Crimson Hunters, and, since he's missing, Shining Spears?

And I am just sitting here happy to see more options for other codexes as I finish my guard and prepare to expand into CWE, finally. Though my Dark Eldar want some love too.

The Codex Astartes 2.0: Indomitus Edition does not support this action.

>codexes

Learn English, nublet.

Zero because I play Sisters

>everyone who is not Tyranids and Eldar are Imperial or Chaos

The fuck kind of logic is that you faggot. You act like Tau and Necrons weren't complete whiny bitches even before the Tyranid release, with their "abloobloo Riptides are Tau's TEQ" "abloobloo 8E nerfed Tau so hard" "abloobloo where are all the Necrons" "abloobloo Necrons aren't even good".

>what is a proper noun?

If I'm committed to not doing Raven Guard, what are some good tactics for a pure Primaris force? At the moment I'm thinking of going Imperial Fists, because stacking all those -1 AP weapons with the ability to ignore cover looks pretty nice.

>arms and gun pinned to glue to right spots then removed
>everything else

No sense in doing EVERYTHING separate when you don't have to.

- The entire model

>Bet you're one of those plebs who assembles everything fully then sprays

of course, how else are you gonna get the correct source lighting if you paint shit in pieces.

Codices* sorry I don't give a shit about Latin roots my autistic overlord and spelling Nazi after today.

>not holding each limb to the body, squinting at it through one eye with your tongue sticking out of your mouth, tilting it a dozen times, then spraying the zenithal on that one piece alone, only to glue it to the model and find out your lighting direction is totally off on every limb

By painting basecoats, then assembling, washing, and highlighting (OSR goes here).

I assemble the body and leave off the backpack and gun.

but it ultimately depends on the model. Some i'll paint the head separately.

naw, cause that would put me at 2500 points minimum, unless I started shaving down the squads. And Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks more or less do the exact same job.

Even the Shadow Spectres are proving a pain in the ass to squeeze in.

gf says I should blast the ginyu force them as my phoenix lord deathball rolls around the map

So which should I try harder to bring: Irrilyth and some Shadow Spectres for some FORGE WORLD GOODNESS, an Avatar of Khaine, a Wave Serpent or two, or a Farseer to cast Doom, yknow, JUST IN CASE

Is 3 5-man Avenger teams worth it for a Battalion?

GET OUT OF HERE REAPER MINIS

when i'm doing marines
head, shoulders and backpack seperate and primed red
one arm left off so I can reach the chest, rest of the mini is primed black

Here's hoping my armies' codices will be the last to arrive so that they'll be the most OP because of GW power creep :^)

Thanks for proving how ass-fractured you are you fucking sperg, your salt is delicious

Codexes is actually in the dictionary and GW calls codices that for some reason. Might be a British English thing.

Waste of time, just airbrush the basecoat and highlight as step 1, then wash. EZPZ

GF is right

>mfw marinefags that play chapters that have different color for their shoulders/head/etc
>mfw they don't do sub-assemblies

It's like why. Especially that one Mantis Warrior guy who just sprayed everything white, then painted everything green, THEN painted the shoulders yellow. He could have just sprayed the shoulders yellow.

"Codexes" is English, "Codices" is Latin.

Interestingly enough, Google Chrome's spellcheck prefers "Codices"

Power Creep always, always stalls partway through and then drops back off again. If you're dead last its as bad as being first.

Both are english, but only one is latin

>say some dumb bullshit
>wtf u retard
>LOL SPERG MORE LOL I WAS JUST PRETENDING

Every fucking time, kys faggot

Raven Guard is literally the only good tactic. Marines/Chaos got fucking ROBBED.

Ultramarines is ok, since +1 leadership can save you from losing expensive models to moral. Also best warlord trait, and the only way for a Primaris captain to get a 3++.

Iron Hands maybe? 6+++ is probably going to do more work on 2 wound models.

Actual uncultured fucking swine, know your roots

Ultramarine have the best flamegressor tho.

Thank you for the feedback. Normally i would be using proper metallic blues, but I'm experimenting in candy coat metal techniques.

Ha, yeah. I can't do flesh tones or faces to save my life, so that's going to be the last piece to this mini.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm not going to go all out on this one, but I plan on getting a claymore and shield for the Primaris Captain, which is one of those limited Plasma/Powerfist ones. I like the stance of it, so I plan on converting it to good ol' sword & board.

Salamanders is good. Especially if your army already has a lot of DSers.

>tfw orks will probably be smack-dab in the middle

Playing against salamanders is fucking obnoxious and i really hope that kind of trait doesnt get passed around too much

>And then suddenly I am found to have been using the proper spelling anyways.
>Thus I feel a little confused as to why I questioned myself in the first place.
>Resume working on CW:E
Turns it is Italian, not Latin, so ain't my roots, codexes is proper english even if autospell and Google gets upset about it. So I am not going to get bent out of shape over it anymore.

Orks will be last and get a shite codex

>DS 9" away from enemy
>Flamers have 8" range
I believe you are lying to me.

>2 Shoulders

one sub assembly arms with weapons
one sub assembly legs, chest, head and backpack
one sub assembly shoulder

should've kept the backpack seperate tho, for easier access to the top of the pouches.

Eat my dick newtcron