Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Stop taking the bait edition

>Tyranids Preview, Cruddance on suicide watch
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/30/tyranid-codex-preview-synapse-instinctive-behaviour-and-the-shadow-in-the-warp-oct-30gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan(seig heil)
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Ophidian Archway (embed)
>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QO-vyYHtBw&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=1VWsRWxcnws
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Avatar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which is the best Bloodthirster?

Fix your Duncan, sempai
youtube.com/watch?v=7QO-vyYHtBw&t=0s

Asking the question again.

Can the Avatar select any WL trait or does it count as a named character and thus have to take the Craftworld-specific trait?

Bloodthirster of Amateur eSports is definitely up there.

/40kg/ wishlist edition
My DE wishlist.
Plausible - Stratagem to make poison better
Stretch - some sort of jink throwback or reference to dipping in and out of the webway
Never going to happen - Archon on Reaver or Hellion.

Reposting due to posting after migration. Made a CSM gunline list that's really more of an HH list

Battalion Detachment
HQ:
Sorcerer - force axe (106)
Lord - axe of blind fury (79)

Troops:
cultists(10) - autoguns - 40

Heavy support:
Hellforged leviathan dreadnought - 2 butcher cannon arrays, 2 hellflamers 369
Hellforged leviathan dreadnought - 2 butcher cannon arrays, 2 hellflamers 369

Spearhead:
Sorcerer - force axe -106
quad heavy bolter rapier batter(3)- quad heavy bolter - 246
laser rapier destroyer(3) - 318
laser rapier destroyer(3) - 318

1975/2000
CP=7

¡¿ ɹƎΛƎɹOℲ ƎΛI˥ O┴ S┴N∀M OHM
youtube.com/watch?v=1VWsRWxcnws

We don't know. I play him as counting as named, since he has the unique rule.

Fucken that image name

Avatar isn't a named character, since every craftworld has one.

imo, anyways.

what legion you running?

And I assume that since the errata/FAQ gives them the HELBRUTE keyword, that leviathans can use Fire Frenzy?

It's name is Khaine.

Tyranids are the new taudar confirmed.

How do we stop WAAC nid players from ruining the game ?

I think a good start is to strictly enforce WYSIWYG against nid players. You have fleshborers not devourers? Too bad.

Likewise if their army isn't painted as their correct hive Fleet they don't get to use those hive fleets special rules.

Are you baiting me, user?

Tips for building a Scions army? How should I work with the special weapons? What kinds of transports should I take?

Sure; my Daemons wishlist.
Plausible - six Disciplines and three Warlord traits per god
Stretch - fluffy and interesting stratagems
Never going to happen - Warp Storm table

>Tyranids are the new taudar confirmed.
So using their faction rules are akin to nonfluffy ally abuses?

>You have fleshborers not devourers? Too bad.

Do people actually do this? fuck them

>everything else you posted.

see attached picture.

Named characters tell you what trait they have. If it doesn't specify, you can take any trait allowable by your faction keywords

Adepta Sororitas wishlist
Codex.
New models

I have 2 Taurox Primes and I'm wondering if one should have the autocannons and mini battle cannon loadout, is it a good idea? Or should both be infantry mulchers?

>How do we stop WAAC nid players from ruining the game ?

It's simple - JOIN US !!!

This is false. Eldar codex, page 121, top right hand side, second paragraph from the top.

Wait for FaQ nerf.

Not in the eldar codex they don't. It just says that named characters should use the trait that is associated with their CW. Phoenix Lords can never have a WL trait, but the Avatar isn't mentioned.

Tyranid:
Seeg was wrong about OOE and he keeps his "every successful hiy causes another" ruling as-is

>should
If it says should it's not a rule it's a suggestion.

It says must, so it's a rule. I was paraphrasing.

Start collecting sets are the only thing you'll ever need to buy unless you really want air support.
Plasma guns, lots and lots of plasma guns
Taurox primes with gatling cannons and hot shot vollys
Las cannon hellstrike distraxtion valks

Okay, my bad.
It's just that such wordings are different and I've actually seen someone think a suggestion was a rule.

Would you refuse to play against pic related because those claws-things are supposed to be devourers ?

Dear Santa, for my DE this year i want...

Cheaper Reavers
Cheaper/Useful Heat Lances
Archon giving a useful buff
Interaction between the 3 sub factions
Wych Cults being good
Raiders get splinter racks back (re roll to hit for poison)
Cheaper Talos/better options
PfP tier 4; Aura of negated "Ignore morale" rules OR phantasm grenade launchers force morale checks that can't be ignored, made more expensive.
Succubus better in combat
Haemonculus less killy but grants bonus perks to certain units including none Coven units
Stratagem to increase virulence of poison shots for a unit to 3+ wounds
Stratagem to select 1/3 Flying units to deepstrike
Stratagem to allow 1/2 units to infiltrate
Stratagem to Reroll damage results on one Ravager
Archon more than a glorified Blaster caddy
Drazhar buff changed to +1 to wound rolls
Incubi, not just Klaivex, have mortal wounds on rolls of 6+
Incubi get a 5++ / 6++ to counter the plethora of high AP weapons in the game
Beasts and Masters being useful, quirky units rather than useless (khymera, clawed fiend) and OP when used en mass (Razorwing)
Void raven bomber Bomb needs to be more significant

Thats all that comes to mind right now

There are only 3 named non-PL characters in the book and are automatically assigned a craftworld.

Eldrad
Yriel
illic

The avatar is a unique non-named character who doesn't have an automatically assigned craftworld.

Doing anything for spookday with 40k? Any special games,actual costumes, or maybe some cool conversions? Are you even doing anything for today in general?

Nah, that gets a pass.

But if we're talking about gaunts, they can go fuck themselves.

Actually that's pretty unique and interesting...

Citation needed.

Alpha probably since the other legion option don't really offer much of a boon. And yes, the errata allows for it to work, nearly dropped magnus with a leviathan dread using fire frenzy the other day

I like this bait, it is a good bait. Much better flavour than the Guard version

Anyone else not give a shit about getting new rules, just new models?

What was THE bait?

>Start collecting sets are the only thing you'll ever need to buy unless you really want air support.
Since these guys are meant to be Fallschirmjager in spess I suppose I will be needing air support. Valks and Vults?
>Plasma guns, lots and lots of plasma guns
What about the other weapons? Meltas and Volleys? On the Tempestor Prime and the Lord Commissar, anything of note that I should/shouldn't take?
>Taurox primes with gatling cannons and hot shot vollys
Well I'm not sure if Tauroxes would fit the theme but I'll consider them.
>Las cannon hellstrike distraxtion valks
Right, should these be my primary anti-tank as well? Or are there other units I should bring for anti-tank?

About what?

About user's claim that the Avatar is not a named character but Eldrad, Yriel, and Illic are named characters - specifically the former claim, if the citations are separate.

They're probably going to prevent the Avatar from being a Warlord in a future FAQ rather than risk making him imbalanced. Until then id say he's fine to be the Warlord, has tag and thus you can pick whatever Warlord trait you like.

Generally in my group we use the "if it doesn't explicitly say you can't, you can"

Ooh nice scheme, black jumpsuits and grey armour right?

Every craftworld has an avatar, It's basically a giant statue that they feed an elf to turn it on.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Avatar

is there a broken combo with it?

I was gonna paint the armor using Feldgrau and the jumpsuits with the Splittermuster '41 camo pattern.

So it's your opinion. Which is fine, so long as you don't pretend it's fact.

Are you retarded?

Is the spess Fallschirmjäeger theme something you're going for?

Oh wwII era, shame

>Likewise if their army isn't painted as their correct hive Fleet they don't get to use those hive fleets special rules.

Implying I paint my fucking models like some pleb

So, since its already settled in stone that

IMPERIUM = America
Eldar = asia shit, but japan
T'au = Japan
Ork = South America
Tyraninds = SJW
Dark Eldar = Thailand
Khorne = Arabs
Nurgle = South east asia, maybe India too
Tzentch = Russia
Slanesh = Europe, but UK
Necrons = China

Whats missing? How would you deepen this?

Well if he is a named character, what warlord trait is he automatically assigned?

The one of his craftworld, as the rules state.

I am not claiming to know that he is a named character, but it's not like him being one causes a rules paradox.

Death Korps, best Korps.

> Tyraninds = SJW
Sounds pretty plausible.

So which ever one you pick?

That doesn't seem very named character like.

If *the* Avatar is a named character, it has the trait of whatever craftworld it belongs to.

But if the Avatar isn't a named character, is the Swarmlord a named character? It reincarnates between hive fleets, but is supposedly the same mind. But the Avatar is a representation of Khaine, so all Avatars should have the same knowledge too.

>On /40kg/
>Having a social life

Pick one.

Not sure about OP combos but the main one that jumped to mind were;

+1 wound and a 6+++ on top of his 5+++ for an extra durable, still untargetable warlord

Ignore Overwatch Avatar

The sniper warlord trait could be good too; avatar moves up, gets in range of a character to snipe them for re-rollable d6 damage before charging.

Sure man, that's just a fleshborer hive. Just a different flavor of dakkagun.

Trying to shit on two threads in a row ? You went too far.

Wouldn't double grav' bombard be better on those leviathans ? They are cheaper too.

Agreed, but he has the unique rule, and neither the unique rule nor picking a have been declared by GW to delineate being a named character. The truth is that they fucked up their rules, to no one's surprise, and none of us can honestly claim to know the answer to user's original question.

My opinion is that he counts as named, because he's unique, but it's just my opinion. Yours is a completely valid interpretation, as well.

what's the avatars statline and cost? is he that good?

Fair point. I'm just wondering if anyone's doing anything for best holiday

Forcing him to take his craftworld's attribute actually nerfs the most powerful Avatar, since it means the Alaitoc one is forced to take a redundant trait that does nothing at all.

I really wouldn't consider those game break in need of faq OP.

>But if the Avatar isn't a named character,

i agree

>My opinion is that he counts as named, because he's unique,

nothing in the rules delineates that being unique makes you a named character.

Yeah, more or less. It's the main theme of the army.

>not playing eldar soup
>nerfs the most powerful Avatar

Always liked these diorama pictures, got any more?

Best 129pts a Space Marine army can spend.

And now I want to field a tyrannofex. Sigh.

Nope, I just grabbed this from google.

I'm more partial towards flybuns.

Fucking hell just check his points, the table is separated, named characters are in different sections.

M7 BS2+ WS2+ S6 T6 W8 A5

3+, 5++, 5+++ and allows craftworlders do not take morale checks and re-roll charge distance.

12" Assault 1 s8 -4ap d6dmg melta
Melee Melee s+2 -4ap d6dmg melta

all for 250pts

Depends on the target. At units of 15+, vehicles, titanic stuff, and mosters grav can do more damage. But getting within 18" as csm is a bit harder since I have no means to drop it that close and have more of a static gunline due to the rapiers

If Im playing Ynarri, can I take an Ynarri legal detachment and a separate eldar soup detachment with units that can't be Ynarri?

i.e could I have a detachment of

Vanguard 1CP
Haemonculus/Drazhar

10 Mandrakes
4 Grotesques
5 Grotesques

Raider
Raider

Its not part of the Ynarri detachment so I'm not breaking that rule.

If he's playing steel legion it's his get go.

>all for 250pts

Fuck off GW

Makes no sense at all. US w

This isn't true, in some codexs they label the table named named charecters, in other they just label it units, and in others they label it named charecters and demons

in codex eldar, they label it units.

GW can not into format consistency.

>his Avatar doesn't have 12" movement, Fly, and -2 to-hit

I know they are quite shitty right now but what are the best (or let's say the least shit) Necron units to deal with hordes and vehicles ?
For vehicles I'm pretty sure it's the H.Destroyers but to deal with hordes Necrons don't seem to have any substential tool at there disposal. Tesla Tomb Blade spam maybe ? Or a wall of Wraith units ?

*US would be chaos. Always corrupting and leading to ruination.

Sure.
You could also make it craftworld detachment and enjoy some fancy bonuses.
A -1 to hit on the avatar could be entertaining. You could also take supreme command and load up on spiritseers or autarchs to boost your Ynnari bullshit,

Because it's fun to ask:
>Silliest Rule-Lawyering Debate you've come across (ex: Is your Warlord considered alive "before the battle?" When does a 40k battle start?)

A personal favorite of mine from 5th was: "How do you do TLOS for Tyrant Guard? They have no eyes."

Actually double checked some stuff and grav isn't much better than butcher cannons on bigger targets because of invul saves and volume of fire

So assuming that EC and We are getting at least the TS if not DG treatment, what new units would they bring in?

Specifically, what new tzaangor/poxwalker style troops would we see, what sort of noise/melee vehicles, etc.

*urge to become a poorfag intensifies*

Deeper? No no I think you've captured it perfectly. I don't think I've ever seen a more accurate or nuanced appraisle of the 40k universe. Truely Gamesworkshop themselves should be seeking you out to personally manage their entire collection of lore and and grant you full creative control developing the IP

I was honestly surprised we didn't get any new Beastmen at all, in addition to Tzaangors. I would have expected especially to find Beastmen under the Word Bearers and World Eaters.

If WE were to get their own codex, I'd pitch hard for Beastmen, if I worked at GW.

Imagine an Ignores Overwatch Avatar Warlord being flanked by two Iyanden Wave Serpents filled with Ignores Overwatch Howling Banshees.
Now imagine that each of the Wave Serpents had a Warlock inside with the 10 Banshees, 1 Exarch...

The Warlocks cast Drain and Ennervate on the target; its now most likely wounding the avatar on 6s, hitting it on -1, hitting the banshees on -2 due to the Exarchs.

But ill just stop the wave serpents! I hear you cry. Iyanden keeps them moving at full speed, serpent shield makes them super difficult to destroy.

Whatever you might say, they're only putting out 23 strength 3 attacks per squad per round of fighting, they'll never wound me ! but you forget about the now even cheaper Farseer Skyrunner throwing doom on whatever you absolutely need to die.

Lol, my wife just told me RAW the pheonix gem can proc multiple times.

I told her it says right at the beginning "when this model is first slain". To which she points out that the effect of the phoenix gem doesn't prevent you from dying, but prevents you from being slain.

I could only laugh and smile. and call her a WAACfag

I hope you guys find someone to laugh with and love.

Watch that 20 min Duncan vid and ask yourself if it's absolutely worf it.