Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1845: Edition Within an Edition Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw
youtube.com/watch?v=pUBR20Xyvs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Tz49dYodeF4
youtube.com/watch?v=mld2IxYXgt0
youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0
youtube.com/watch?v=VGDcYHfQvy4
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4dIGDrcrQ&index=4&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn
youtube.com/watch?v=cE9Uz_YMHnc&index=2&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn
youtube.com/watch?v=mUSKX_aYhoY&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn&index=6
misterhaydencomics.com/post/166791995585/go-go-go
youtube.com/watch?v=mD9Vho0SVCU
youtube.com/watch?v=4d3C3IfUd60
youtube.com/watch?v=K7tdaFZy1E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How the fuck do we not have a jump for:
>Andromeda (TV Series)
>Battlechasers
>Battlefield Earth series
>Battletoads
>Black Cauldron
>Breath of Fire series
>Darkwing Duck
>Escaflowne
>Image Comics
>Lodoss War
>Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy
>Planescape
>Police Academy
>Space: Above and Beyond
>Spawn
>Spelljammer
>Starblazers
>Sword of Truth series
>Tailspin
>The Last Unicorn
>Triage X
>Ultraviolet
>Unico
>Vampire Hunter D
>Wing Commander
>XMen cartoon
>Z Nation

There are tons of good properties -- good, mediocre, and enjoyably terrible -- that we don't have jumps for. Pick one and start working on it.

None of those are over-powered anime or weebshit. None of those give the kind of levels we desire.

In short. They aren't wanted.

Is that anything like the Pain Train?

Do you take your daughteru trick-or-treating /jc/?

Sounds good, perhaps also a note about which perks you said would be needed for Shion's full Broom Magic?

>Implying perks have to match the power level of their setting.

>Vampire Hunter D is not overpowered weebshit
You're an idiot.

Okay, should be the last one.

Advanced Warfare V1.2
>Changed 'EMP Proofing' BACK to 'Fucking Laser Sights?' since people seemed to like it.
>Added a note about restocking items.

I'll stick this on the drive now if there aren't any more bugs.

>Ultraviolet
>Vampire Hunter D
Why tho?

Needs a note about allowing Valeria to create a duplicate.

Plebs that only watch post-2010 anime is why.

Don't forget
>Twisted Metal
>Desert Punk
>Re:Zero
>Warhammer Fantasy Witch Hunters
>BLACK CRUSADE FUUUUCK

Hey Val, does the restriction on modern fictional characters for Servants also apply to the FGO Summoning perk in other settings?

>Not having R.A.D. on the least

I mean, several of these have ridiculous power levels if you were actually familiar with them.

Of course. Every child deserves candy on Halloween.

No, I meant why would you include those in a list of otherwise-okay properties.

Then get Valeria to make them. It's not like anyone else is going to do them justice.

so this.... is the power of bad taste, huh...?
not bad........

Hey Val, you mentioned before that Summoning EX could summon Phantom-like spirits, but could an EX Grand NP also do so?

>still no Astro Boy

>>Desert Punk
>thirstytitcowwaifudrinkingwatermessily.gif

Sure. And with teleporting we can hit all the best places for candy. Having a jumper for a dad is awesome.

Yes.

Probably.

Give me your fucking battle themes, jumpers.

youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw

>implying any other setting can touch the conceptual power levels found in Police Academia

I don't have one, so no. Besides, barely any of these worlds even celebrate Halloween.

Of course? I even teach them how to create their own horrible monster pods "costumes".

Just a fun time with the daughterus, using all the best fabrics for making a great dress and costume or easy genetic engineering to clone biological horrors to use as temporary bodies.

>XMen cartoon
We are getting a comic one, that should cover most of everything the cartoon does. Maybe the jumpmaker could slip in a little +0 drawback option to go the cartoon continuities if he was asked nicely?

>Spawn/Image comics
>Not over-powered

Sure, I will put down a note of you being able to use the Ritual Magic System outside the jump and how you can get the full Reverse Broom Magic spell by getting True Sage and normal Broom Magic.
I wanted to put the full one in the first wip, but then I realized there are at lest 30 something special brooms and we only see like 4
Then again, give some time for that, I want to do another jump before starting to update the ones I have and re-make TWGOK

youtube.com/watch?v=pUBR20Xyvs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Tz49dYodeF4
youtube.com/watch?v=mld2IxYXgt0

I want to see that .gif . . .

Are you planning on handling Beri'ah and such through tables or more like how you did Stands in Jorge?

Escaflowne has a god damned wish machine, and tech that turns desires into energy. Spelljammer is basically high level D&D with space/dimensional travel. Andromeda has sentient stars, planets, and even yandere black holes, who have thematic powers for what they are. A number of the others are pretty strong too but I'm not going to bother.

Have you ever tried dragging around 9 daughterus (well, 9 and one's independent Soul-Kami) and 9 sonus anywhere.
By the time the night was over so much of the neighborhood had been wrecked.

Mm, pretty much just a few tiers of power that you choose from to decide how strong yours is at base, then letting you pick pretty much anything that's fitting for you personally.

In Grand Order, would it be possible to build a Phantom fusion as our Servant instead of a proper Heroic Spirit, or is that type of stuff pretty much limited to manually doing it via Phantom of the Order?

I like to use this one to ruin the dignity of an encounter. It's Cruel Angel's Thesis, so it's got a sound like there should be some gravity there. But it's on a bike horn, so it becomes impossible to take it or the events it's set to seriously. Leads you in then ruins it for you. youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

You are such a fag, it's almost but not quite impressive. You're like Chris-chan with less of a life.

I know plenty of kids that really don't.

Seriously? We have jumps of settings equally powerful and far more powerful. DC or Marvel alone are in that league.

>Andromeda has sentient stars, planets, and even yandere black holes, who have thematic powers for what they are.
Hmm that show had such potential, pity it became Hercules in Space. I like a lot of the concepts they used in the background but the writers weren't able to keep the quality of the background up in the actual episodes. It didn't help that Dylan Hunt is a cunt that doesn't do history and thinks he can brute force a Commonwealth while compleely forgetting how it formed in the first place.

What jump are you planning?

>Summoning restriction
Huh, so does the perk not work if you’re in a world based on modern fictional media? Or is that a restriction on characters that are fictional within those settings?

Has to be Phantom of the Order.

>Seriously? We have jumps of settings equally powerful and far more powerful. DC or Marvel alone are in that league.
Not that user, but you're a retard. He wasn't saying that Spawn/Image are more powerful, just that the shitposter whinging about them being low powered is fucking retarded.

It helps to pay attention.

I got some options, but still undecided.

Basically the rule is don't be an asshole and use it to get people from other actual fictional media.

Hey Val, would it be possible for a Grand or Beast Servant’s EX rank Noble Phantasm be a city or country of people?

Early Chain: youtube.com/watch?v=VGDcYHfQvy4
Mid Chain: youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU
Late Chain: youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg

I have no idea. Maybe? It depends on what you're aiming for.

Actually, I think it’ll be easier if I just get one from another jump. Thanks though.

So with all the shitposting about how you should do every jump ever, who are some of your favorite jump makers and why?

Also, Happy Halloween.

There was a lot of cool stuff in Andromeda, but the overall plot and direction it took was pretty bad. It could have really used Gene Roddenberry, or at least more of his notes on the story.

How do you guys think Gilgamesh would react to 40k in general?

"I see mankind needs a new King!"

When I have several hundred of them, that's rather hard.

Unfortunately I can't have the actual songs I want, since, to my knowledge, there's no way to get songs in a jumper's soundtrack that aren't associated with a given setting, but almost all of my themes are ska, similar to these:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4dIGDrcrQ&index=4&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn
youtube.com/watch?v=cE9Uz_YMHnc&index=2&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn
youtube.com/watch?v=mUSKX_aYhoY&list=PLeaGboq-R4WYqKnPfMiBwCKTkkCSQr6kn&index=6

Along with pretty much everything else from this album, but you get the idea.

Eh? Well, happy halloween to you to user.

My favourite is probably pretty obvious and tooootally biased- my NuBee. But after him, there's a tonne of people I think make fantastic jumps. Worm, CCDT, THA, Myrmidont, Ancilla, Red, Heavens, Digger and so on are all excellent jumpmakers that I enjoy reading the work of. Just generally all make great jumps with lots of content and they often look visually great too. There's plenty more I like but those are probably the guys that immediately stand out in my mind as best my favourite 'jump makers' for more than a one off jump.

He'd probably complain about bitch ass psykers being susceptible to daemon possession.

Exactly. I wouldn't even be surprised if he managed it, either.

Val, what you're saying is contracting the perk description. It says that it summons Servants based on the historical, mystical, fictional, or future beings in that world. If it can't summon use fictional characters in other settings, you're basically restricting yourself to Fate's natural history and our natural history. This makes the perk useless in jumps that aren't directly based on our world, since you won't be able to summon anyone from that world.

Bah, fuck it. I don't think "How a realist hero rebuild the kingdom" would work as a jump anyway.

I'm starting a jump for The World God Only Knows. Tell me if you want to see anything particular in there.

Go fuck yourself retard.

If you weren't so obsessed with proving you're better than Val, you'd be able to figure out how the perk works. You know, like everyone else who isn't from SB did.

Yes. Hayate went as Ripley, complete with scaled-down powerloader.

This

misterhaydencomics.com/post/166791995585/go-go-go

But obviously extended so it can span an entire battle.

I feel bad that I don't make jumps. I've got a couple 30% complete WIPs on my drive, that I'm never going to finish. None from your list, settings I don't think anyone here but me knows, but I still feel guilty for not contributing to this community.

Didn't someone already make a jump for that?

Alright, let's rephrase. Don't use it to get people from other jumps than the one you're in. Don't be a retard and go to another jump, then say you're summoning Superman and Goku because comics and manga exist in that setting.

You go fuck yourself.
Val just said that it can't get people from other actual fictional media.

>Do DDLC jump
>Try to get the best ending
>Get nowhere, start getting frustrated
>Fortunately, Jumper is mature enough to know when to take a step back

>A new loop starts
>Jumper strolls into the club on their "first day," greets everyone
>The girls stare at Jumper for a few moments before they start shrieking
>Jumper is stark naked
>Monika is the first to recover, and demands to know what the hell is going on
>Jumper explains that they need a break, so they've decided that this will be a "burn" loop where they cut loose and have fun
>You've gotta be able to relax
>Besides, everyone wants to do stuff like this, and the lack of consequences means there'll never be a better chance
>You've gotta make your own destiny, after all
I am extraordinarily bad at characterization, but I want to imagine the last line convinces Monika to join in. Hopefully in a non-murdery interpretation of "no consequences."

user, the people here would just trash them and get Valeria to make them. It wouldn't matter if you made them or not.

>I can't go to 9 to 5 and pick up waifus from all the rest of jumpchain for free
>IT'S A USELESS PERK
You're cancer

Thank you for rephrasing it. I just needed clarification.

It's fine, I can see how the first statement was confusing.

I think that already has a jump Ricrod. . .

>Jump 1: Jorge Joestar

>Location: Mori-oh, Joji's World
>Age: 18
>Origin: Townie
>Species: Ultimate Lifeform- 1600CP
In-setting it's rather strange for an ULF to have been living in Mori-oh for the last ?-17 years, but it's far from the strangest thing to happen in the Novel. Probably just a teleporting ghost or something.

Perks

>Strike A Pose- Free and Mandatory
I am now a JoJo character, and I'll bring stylish posses to all the worlds beyond this multiverse.

>How Many Years?- Free
Given what happened to dear old dad, I think it's a good idea to pick this up. Thankfully, it's free!

> I Just Want a Quiet Life- Free
Due to my choice in drawbacks this won't be helping me here, but with some of my plans I'm sure this'll save my ass down the line.

>36 Jumpers on Mars- 150
I vaguely remember Val mentioning that this would make you immune to D4C's sponging effect due to it being a form of paradox or some such. If that's true, this is a must purchase with both Funny and Funniest in possession of D4C. Even if it's not, it's still pretty darn useful.

>Stand Down- 300
This is probably one of the better perks in the Jump, and having read the scene where Kars blatantly trash talks Kira so hard Killer Queen ditches him for Kars...well, it'd be painful not to take this.

Items

>Manga Artists' Workbench- Free
I mean, it's free. What more could I ask for when I have no more CP.

Drawbacks

>Gross Adult Shit- 50
Muda Da.

>Whatever That Means- 100
Pretty much my experience reading the novel.

>Beyond Pasta- 200
Oh look! More stuff for me to Understand. Or run away from. I'll take it case by case.

So Many Serial Killers- 200
Dangerous. At the same, it's a pretty good opportunity to grab some powers.

>Ant-Man- 200
I like how it says 'survive'. There are so many things you can live through

>37+Infinity- 300
For some reason I'm imagining this as a gacha of all my future opponents Dio's pulling from. Considering my immediate picks for the next 9+ Jumps...I pity him.

>implying that perk-summoned Servants can be companioned

Guys, that was made by me, and kind of wasn't accepted.

Who cares? Why do you want to stop the thread from getting new content? Is it because you're a shitposter?

Does anyone know if Eyebrows still drops in from time to time? I had a question regarding Etrian Odyssey.

>Breath of Fire
>The Last Unicorn
I thought someone had claimed these somewhat recently?

A recent favorite, but no less applicable.
youtube.com/watch?v=mD9Vho0SVCU
But I have a special one I'm saving for after Jumper hits Ar Tonelico
youtube.com/watch?v=4d3C3IfUd60

Blue Flower.

I'd actually be fine with that. The reason I'd want to make them isn't to fulfill my vision of jumping (if I had the confidence and initiative to make things, they'd be done already) but just because I want to add some interesting new settings to our library. So, you know, if anyone wants to make a jump of Boundary, Moon Hunters, Progenitor, Hyperborean Mice, or Reign, feel free. Heck, I'd love it if Val did those jumps, I think she's a great jump maker and she'd probably do a hell of a lot better job than I would.

She doesn't. And the "jumpmaker" refuses to contact her for us. Even if he did, she'd probably just tell you to drink some bleach.

Sorry, I have no idea of what any of those settings are besides Reign and even that is something I've only seen the cover of a few times.

>I thought someone had claimed these somewhat recently?
I could have sworn we had a Breath of Fire jump finished, already. I think maybe it got taken down at the maker's request, though.

I can maybe try to drop them a question, given I know one or two people who still talk to them about jump stuff. Good luck getting them to visit the thread though.

Just take a little time and slowly bring them to completion. Releasing a jump is a fun, experience and I recommend it to everyone. Just be willing to receive critique and be willing to work with people in thread.

Don't listen to shitheels like . I've got more than a few things on the drive, but I never make any of the cool guy lists. That doesn't take away from the experience though of seeing the project through or seeing the builds and the like.

Give it a go, try and finish one and release it to the thread. You might find you enjoy it.

>Summoning
Hey Val, when the Re:Creators jump is done, would it be possible to use that perk to summon the characters from the fictional anime within that setting?

>Let's get Val to make all our jumps
Do you idiots even watch half the anime you complain about? You should be loudly declaring your intent to surpass Val while working on jumps of your own.

WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT MOTHERFUCKING CARTOGRAPHY

>Releasing a jump is a fun, experience and I recommend it to everyone
Fucking comma splice. One of these days I'll learn how to edit my own shit.

For the record my dude, I got like 6 incomplete things and maybe like 2-3 things to my nonexistent name. Just write your shit together eventually and it'll end up alright probably. Believe in your own justice and shit and all that

From within it? Yeah, that'll be possible.

Weird that picture seems so familiar.

Awesome.

Oh, I wasn't expecting you to. Like I said, they're all things that aren't hugely well-known. This wasn't actually a request of you, more a refusal to let the shitposter get me down. But thank you for answering.

Yeah, I know I should just grind them out. But I don't have the wherewithal to finish non-essential projects anymore, really. I don't know, maybe I'll try to finish the Moon Hunters jumps I've got, it's the one closest to finished. Would give me an excuse to play the game again, too. You think I should add the Snow Warden from the expansion? I'm already not having an origin for one of the classes because they're super boring (and are supposed to be an NPC that you can just unlock as a playable character), but the Snow Warden actually adds some interesting things to the setting's lore so maybe it would be worth it to add her.

Post them. Making jumps is fun when you aren't sleepy.

It's from Dungeon Defense.

Truth be told, I'd love to make at least one jump, just to say I contributed to the community not to say I'd half-ass one if I did.

I've actually been considering for some time to claim Kētai Sōsakan 7. Since it's a pretty concise watch that I don't think anyone would be too heartbroken over if it's jump doesn't turn out to be the greatest. It helps that I'm a sucker for these kind of shows.

Would anyone be actually interested? If so, I might just go ahead and make a claim now, at the very least it should motivate me to finish watching the thing for myself.

Who knows, I might just get the urge to make more jumps after that.

youtube.com/watch?v=K7tdaFZy1E0

Don't feel bad. I used to work on jumps, but I got tired of the attitude in this thread, so I only glance at one of my WIPs every couple weeks or so. I've got one at 50%, one at 20%, and one at 10%.

>I never make any of the cool guy lists.
Pshhh. I doubt it. Most active jumpmakers are on at least one of them. Unless you haven't made a jump in awhile or something.