I'm not sure if I already made this thread but the archive gives me nothing

I'm not sure if I already made this thread but the archive gives me nothing

Where do you keep your dice, Veeky Forums? A bag, a box? Do you roll them openly at the table or do you use a small space so they don't roll off of it?

I keep most of my dice in a small pirate-looking chest but I keep some in a plastic and sealed container.

As for rolling, yes, I roll in the open unless I'm GMing, then I roll behind a screen.

I don't own dice I just borrow other people's.

Altoids tins.
Each one is the perfect size to fit about 15 ordinary-sized Chessex dice, so two sets of seven and an extra. So far the only downside is that it's kind of a pain to pick up the d4s from inside it.

I'm a woodworker so I made my own box. Nothing as fancy as in your pic though. I prefer mechanical closures because they are less likely to fail.

I recognize those dice. I have a set of them. They're inferior metal dice, but still superior to non-metal dice.

I'd suggest lining them with felt if you haven't already. Unless you like the noise that is. It pains me that the OP box has no lining in it; it'd be noisy, and potentially get damaged by the metal dice.

What makes metal dice good in the first place though?
The noise in the tins isn't very annoying unless somebody is shaking them on purpose. They just sound like an ordinary ox of Altoids, but a bit quieter because there are less things inside. Unless lining the cases makes the d4s easier to pick up I'll just save my effort.

They're in cloth dice bags. However they like to open up and spill dice, so they in turn are kept in a plastic grocery bag.

That grocery bag is kept in a Bag of Holding brand messenger bag. I removed the bag of holding label with a seam ripper because I intended to use it at work and didn't want my professional image clouded by my hobby.

I roll my dice openly on the table. They don't roll off because I'm not a goddam spaz and I know how to roll them properly.

Yeah it wouldn't really help with your d4s.

>However they like to open up and spill dice, so they in turn are kept in a plastic grocery bag.
This is why I decided that Crown Royal bags are nothing more than a meme. What's the point of a container that doesn't do a good job of containing?

Back in the day a wonderful tripfag named Esh-Esh used to run raffles on Veeky Forums for spare stock from her etsy shop. I won, and got an orc head dice bag like this that I've used for a long time now. I miss our craft momma. Last I heard she married another tripfag named Rue (?) And moved to Florida. She was very nice and had pretty hands.

Yeah they where the days.

She's disappeared from cgl, which is where she migrated to.

At least she took gropey with her.

Her test store, rawringcrafts I think, is still on etsy tho

>At least she took gropey with her.
That's a damn shame. Gropey was alright for a tripfag. A damn sight better than most fags on this god forsaken hellhole we share.

I just bought this new pouch a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot, much more convenient than having the dice in my pocket.
As for rolling them, I use one of those huge mouse pads as a gaming pad, and I've never had trouble with the dice falling off of our table. The pad makes sure that they don't slide or bounce too much. And when I'm DMing, I have my screen blocking their way.

Crown Royal bag

A pretty pouch that came with my buttplug

Mason jar. It rattles around really loudly in my backpack, so I remember that I've got them in there.

I keep mine in a sack which came with a bottle of Royal Salute.

quite literally a bag for bedsheets. it was the only thing available at the time and now im so attached to it i don't want to get a better one

damn user that's fancy

i want a picture of this

Crown Royal bag.

I carry a little generic convention grab 'moleskin' bag for my go to Dice and my dice collection overall in the Tin box the Band of Brothers VHS collection came in.

I keep them in a couple of these, keeps them nice and sorted and easy to tell where everything is. (some of the separators are removable for easier sorting)
I roll them openly for most things, sometimes excepting "tells" like secret door and listen checks depending on the group.

not much to day about it: I just like the pale-blue colouration of the fabric

its small because you'd be surprised how tightly rolled those sheets can get

One of them plastic tubes they're sold in. Don't need anything fancier than that.