Veeky Forums - /twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Currently working on a variety of projects

It's Happening Edition

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone is welcome.

Charts:
Main Gens: imgur.com/a/9hzpx
Work In Progress-imgur.com/a/8ka0l
Legacy Charts: imgur.com/a/tNxmF
Side Quests: imgur.com/a/Y3Xei
Alternate Costumes: imgur.com/a/zfO0U
Fusions!: imgur.com/a/tAust
Gats's Gen: docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF

Resources:
Tavern Link Hub: pastebin.com/LnVbYysE
Booru (Fan Art Collection) - tower-girls.booru.org/
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board -8. ch.net /tw grl
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates mediafire.com/file/k83sgc5t5dfvv3s/Towergirls_Files.zip
Gats Wiki - wiki.smutosaur.us/towergirls/Main_Page

Spreadsheet Princess - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IcT_vwIHKAMz-ghvB3fgHTr7DkHvjrbu4Hzlw4XCIU/edit#gid=0

Games & Tabletop Rulebooks:
pastebin.com/uAYHS9KZ

Official Videogame:
towergirlsthegame.tumblr.com/

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

if you'd like access to the discord or have anything you wish to talk about privately involving towergirls, editing, etc, please contact Brumus here:

A) [email protected]
B) "Tired Knight" on Steam

Don't forget to visit the other Tower girl threads on other boards

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Q0FFO
docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf
docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit
imgur.com/a/O755h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whatever happen to that kingdom death gen?
Is the creator still around to finish it

I was still here you know user, I was just trying to update the Booru

The side quests link is still broken. The new one Phi made needs to be used instead.

Another user made the thread when I was updating the booru

your a blessing booru user, archive stuff is what keeps me up at night

Looking over this new chart design, I've got a few questions should someone be capable of answering.

>What is the "Haunted Territory" part of the kingdom name? A classification for the kingdom, or a title similar to the old naming of a kingdom such as Grand Tower Kingdom?
>The two hearts under the positives and negatives; Love and what else?
>What are the stars and stats under the Cauldron, Eyes, and Yaga?
>Do any of the three rows have any theme, like good/neutral/evil? Or are they just extra things found in the kingdom?
>Do any of the values, such as +6 Magic and +6 Haunted up top, have any significance like the old wealth, power, and so on stats? Or are they just values for the sake of making values?

The stars are probably something like value or rarity.

Other anons sometimes help me and it's nothing compared to what the rest of you and Evesor and all our other great artists and everyone else do, so don't mention it

What should i do with this sheet now that its almost done

Pridelliox Princess/Witch x Pridelliox fusion when?

wait part cats like griffin count?

>Catgirls
Throw it into trash. Catgirls are shit. Draw spidergirls instead, they're cooler.

yeah, anything cat related. i guess chimera might count in that case

how many spider girls are there

Could you post the album link here then?

The doodle user from the previous thread here. I'll start on those requests tomorrow, if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Not enough.

Always not enough.

also the first variation of drider princess was cooler because she could eat other, inferior princesses

No problem user

imgur.com/a/Q0FFO

Dusk Elf being flustered at Sir Knight

Pumpkin Princess looking spooky with Fire Princess in her face.

NSFW user here, also updated the booru. Surprisingly with some SFW stuff too.

Evil princess trying to show Jester how to be evil, and Jester's just not into it.

Something for half-dragon princess?

Maybe her standing tall and graceful, but with a forlorn look.

Something with both beauty and sadness.

I am an Idiot

which princess would you want derider to eat?
i would choose drawf 1 and 2

Dog

And P'orc, because Irony

Cat princess if messily.

Any of lamia princesses if sexily.

>messily
>not soft vore

Princess Discussion of the Day #69
Gnome Princess II

Kind of odd that Gnome Princess II shows up before Gnome Princess I in the discussions but I guess technically the fan gens are supposed to be run side by side with normal gens.

She is kind of a hodgepodge of things on her traits. Cookie reference, mechanical skills, and pervertedness.

The cons all being about her clothing is kind of strange.

Really strong tech classes though and one of the only places to get them. Artificer is probably better since you can get potions elsewhere though maybe not alchemy. Still magic/tech artifacts that can do near anything is pretty good to have.

Lust bonus is nice reference to bag of holding, Mimic has her beat by a good three gens though. I suppose its nice to have alternate options to acquiring certain powers rather than only on one princess only, but Mimic being Gen I and allowing you infinite space from the beginning is just so much better.

I'm guessing

Also that picture alone probably bumps her up a good three tiers

I like the idea of a tinkering gnome over just the usual generic thing they are almost always depicted as. The only other mechanical tinkering gnomes are those ugly shits from World of Warcraft (as far as I know), so a gnome that's interesting AND has a good design is always a plus. I think the

Really all it took was changing those dumb pants into cute shorts. Most of the rest of it is the same, besides maybe the eyes.

I saw Gat's sheet before but did not have a chance to go over it in detail until now.

Pretty interesting that he is giving an in depth look at each princess and her kingdom

Even the kingdom titles get titles now, fancy. Witch Princess of the Haunted Territory; Midnight Mansion Kingdom. The little blurbs are nice too.

Seems like each kingdom gets a Delicacy, Export, and Worship though maybe other kingdoms have different categories. They are defined as [Sweet] and [Magic] though which seems like the setup for a game to me with the tracking of resource types.

All the traits are close to the same, just reworded newer. Removal of mention of narcotics which might be for patreon purposes.

Not only do we get a whole section of backstory instead of just a quote, we get a whole section defining the tower. Seems that Dragons are no longer the ones capturing all the princesses unless the undead holy knights were set up by Dragon Princess II somehow. Will have to see how future pages go. Pridellius was Magic and Death previously but seems to be only Magic now.

For the bonuses, do you get everything? Certain rows? A selection of the eight options?

Her old bonuses and worship effects are not present anymore.

All the [Dowries?] have a star and point system while all the companions have a group, points, and a romance option. No lewd anymore but can still romance everything.

Bubbling cauldron: Gives you skill alongside the magic bonus you get for rescuing witch.
Jellied Eyes: Eww. -1 health no kidding. Strength bonus this time instead of skill bonus. Maybe a multiplier depending on how +Magic and +Potency interact.
Baby Yaga: Highest star rating and +10 utility. I guess we can assume this little one will eventually be one of the kingdom sized ones due to its stats. Wait time is killer though.

Steiner Scientist: Romance yes-please. Unique to Midnight Mansion so no Frankenstein princess later. Non-rotting a plus. And +Tech wow. I thought E. Magic was elemental at first but see that it is electromancy after reading the card.
Cursebred Maid: Bonus magic and Culinary is nice. Fear aura can be useful but the negative diplomacy bonus might hurt.
Warlock: Eww. Who wants to romance the blood slime? Lots of +magic with blood and dark I am guessing added in. Territory expansion powers as well.

No sign of the sorcerer dude companion from the Gats Chibi chart. Weird. Are they not related to this project? Does he have two projects?

Night-Terror: I am guessing this bottom section is the big beast section of the pages. Owls are cool, my favorite bird. Giant stealth nightmare-curing owls are very cool. I want one.

Pridelliox: Notably, this one is named different than the worship section up top. In fact it is the spawn so that should rank it pretty high on power scale. I wonder if this will be the big beast section on future cards or a worship related section. Probably not-tamable, pretty sure in fact. Future-sigh for survival though is a very strong bonus.

I miss the lewd sections, that is what got me involved in towergirls. How long after this project is finished until a lewd expansion is funded?

So now we have the Princess Pages, Chibi Princess Cards, and Chibi^2 Gat's unknown project.

You made me realize a fatal flaw in the Witch sheet: Pridelliox isn't romanceable. Who wouldn't want to romance a giant death god's spawn? That's like a front row seat to the end of the world, and that's the best seat in the house.

The removal of the lewd aspect is a surprising change, and I'm sure pretty much every user was drawn in at least partially by the lewd. I mean, I definitely was with Kobold still my favorite, fuck the haters even though I'm not one of those degenerate scalie fags or whatever they're calling themselves. I liked me some cute lizards, and I stuck with this ever since the first charts. Considering the art direction we see on the Witch page, I'm a bit worried for my favorites since I would hate to see them get terrible proportions. Witch is fine, and she was one of my favorites to begin with, but I'm honestly nervous that it's one of those "happens once, happens never again" moments. There's a perfect balance between lewd and enjoyable, and right this moment, that balance is struck with the gals I like.

The bonuses are the biggest attraction, no doubt. Two objects and four entities makes for a fun choice, if that's the point. If it wasn't evident from the first sentence I wrote, I'd clearly take the bigass snake avatar because that'd be one hell of an ally to have. Night Terrors are cute too, and I would take them without a second thought if Pridelliox isn't available in that maanner. Nothing beats a demonic owl thing. Is it an owl? Or an owlbear? It looks like the latter, but with big wing arms. I could just be seeing it wrong, what with the image being so small and all. The bottom row interests me the most, clearly, but the other ones aren't so interesting. Gummy eyes, a pot, frankenstein girls, some kind of fear-o-lantern, and a periodmancer? No thanks.

Remember: It's probably not even capable of giving consent, let alone human speech.

Counter reminder; one of the key elements of Towergirls, unless stated, is that anything is canon so long as a rule isn't enforcing something. We don't know if it's capable of intelligence and communication, but we also don't know that it isn't capable. It could be anything.

>Schrodinger's Pridelliox

Fuck it, I'm bored. What's that test image where it's a dragon, left being a dumb non-consenting animal and the right being an intelligent consenting animal? I'll redraw it as Pridelliox.

To answer a couple of your questions
1) The chibis are an old stillborn project I was working on him with privately that never got off the ground, too much time spent just trying to survive by working. Warlock got swapped around due to a design change of Midnight Mansion kingdom being where all of the misfits nobody else would take ending up there more or less, was felt it was unlikely for humans to end up there ever or at all.

The lewd aspect was for a lot of reasons to my understanding.

1) Almost every flame war started over princesses during the original 60 was started because of the lewd sections. Gats wasn't particularly interested in retriggering those when he started getting to his gens IV and V.
2) This way folks can share them without feeling necessarily embarassed by doing so, cause when you show off a thing, you don't really want to explain why fairy princess' renouncing curse makes your dick dribble cum any time you're aroused.
3) We're sharing these on patreon, publically, which means we gotta be more careful. Lewd stuff is going to be in there, but in the form of innuendo more than anything else.

Specific rules will be made for all of this as you go along, but the one I've been playing with at each stage is "When choosing to rescue a princess you pick 1 thing from each row, if you turn down an entire row (companion or item), you get to pick one of the things at the very bottom"

That said, the final rules Gats releases might be different.

>"When choosing to rescue a princess you pick 1 thing from each row, if you turn down an entire row (companion or item), you get to pick one of the things at the very bottom"
So, if I skipped the Jellied Eyes, I could have both Night Terrors and Pridelliox? Other than my possibly dumb confusion on that point, I like this rule. It's simple and easy to follow.

Maybe they could be worked into new project somehow

Even using the chibis as like table of contents pictures or as reference pictures in rules.

For lewds, understandable, I guess there are always the fan works to get the lewds out.

That rule for picking bonus could potentially work. Could be difficult based on bonus placement. Any way to get more than one item per section or both bottom creatures?

I think I would pick Steiner Scientist, Baby Yaga, and Night-Terror

Presumably you wouldn't be able to pick the eyes or the Maid, and even then you'd only get one at the bottom. To get both you'd have to skip two rows.

If you skipped both the jellied eyes -and- the cursebred maid, you could get EITHER the night-terror or Pridelliox. If you picked the cursebred maid, you couldn't have the jellied eyes.

Again, a personal rule set, not sure if there -are- rules set right now.

That's what Mimic and DP1 are for.

docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf this is what they're currently collecting dust inside of.

>catgirl chart
nice. Also decent balance of furry and non-furry.

wow look at al these S H I T O P I N I O N S

fuck off m90

excellent

Seems more bro-tier than wife-tier

Gats here, I'll break it down:

>What is the "Haunted Territory" part of the kingdom name? A classification for the kingdom, or a title similar to the old naming of a kingdom such as Grand Tower Kingdom?
This part is usually dedicated to the race that lives there, ie. "Kobold Territory", "Human Territory", etc. "Witch Territory" would work, but since there's only one big witch, I felt Haunted made more sense. Plus, it's more halloweeny.
>The two hearts under the positives and negatives; Love and what else?
;^)
>What are the stars and stats under the Cauldron, Eyes, and Yaga?
Value/Rarity, basically. Some stats are weighted as more valuable than others, so you could have a three-star item that only gives +2, or something.
>Do any of the three rows have any theme, like good/neutral/evil? Or are they just extra things found in the kingdom?
The first two rows are important inhabitants of the kingdom, the third row is usually an enemy, if not an aggressive companion, and the fourth is the bestiary.
>Do any of the values, such as +6 Magic and +6 Haunted up top, have any significance like the old wealth, power, and so on stats? Or are they just values for the sake of making values?
We're figuring out a ruleset as we go. This was meant to be more of a lore-dump, but stats are a pretty Towergirls-esque experience, so I felt like I couldn't just remove those, either.

So the second one is still lust then.

>tfw qt witch barely loves you
>tfw qt witch barely finds you attractive
why live

She has other things on her mind, user. Make your way up the ranks as a test subject, and who knows what'll happen when you join her death-cult of haunt-mages.

Also it has the added thing of more well designed waifus and the like, which is always a plus

Knave Princess teasing Knight over how Knave is a titty monster and Knight isn't

Dang, picking between yagas and warlocks is tough one.

Well, -yeah-

To be honest, im disappointed in the lack of lewd. I wasnt ashamed about it, i felt the juxaposition of cute and kinky was deightful.

I am a little insulted that the possible reasoning behind dropping it was because somehow it was conceived that our sensibilities are to frail and timid to be able to show off towergirls to others because of its kinky nature. Its a shame you use patreon as a crutch as well, so because things are more public we cant continue to be sexually positive in towergirls? I would have prefered a different means than patreon to get towergirls out there if it meant keep what made towergirls become a part of what it is today.

I guess we underplay and brush the lewd to a dark corner and just maybe wink at it from time to time, like an ashamed father.

Keep in mind user that Towergirls wasn't always kinky, it started that way, and we're not planning on stripping it all out, we just intend to not be crude or overt about it. Nothing says that it has to be full frontal.

Take the Yagas mate. A full grown, walking, chicken-legged hut is far more useful than a few puny blood slimes.

>to clarify, it started non kinky, and v3 was literally made as 'lewd edition'.

Sorry, came off as more condescending than I intended.

Anyway, user, that still doesn't get around the whole flame wars point, and Towergirls is cool as fuck and I've managed to introduce it with just the chibis to a ton of folk, but the moment that I tried introducing them with the lewd edition charts, they turned their noses up at it, the lewdness turned them off from it because for the vast majority of people, the moment you get overt about lewdness, that is -all- it can ever be about, it can't ever be anything else. Maybe one day people in general will be mature enough to handle that, but sadly it'll be a long time coming I think

that said, I'm sure Gats will read this and try to weave in more implied lewdness for the rest of the princesses, though it'll probably be the ones following Kobold Princess since she's almost done I think...

Thanks for taking my request user

Is the Warhammer 40k one finished?

I forgot to talk about the stats last time. Witch is definitely on the low side unfortunately. I sort of like the 0-5 scale instead of 0-10. On a 0-5 scale, even if a Princess had 1 Love it didnt feel as unloving since she could get to higher tiers quicker.

Are wealth and power no longer involved? Just inferred from the bonuses?

As for the rules on obtaining things, I sort of liked just imaging that you got everything. Made the kingdom seem fuller and gave more importance to the four princesses you chose to rescue. (If it is 4 per gen still or even if Gens exist still)

I might suggest a point buy system instead of a row select system. On the row select system you can only get 3/8ths max.

For thread opener user:
Side quest link is now: imgur.com/a/Q0FFO
and
Gats's Chibi Gen:
docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf

Gat's Chibi Gen has two links now.

>Are wealth and power no longer involved? Just inferred from the bonuses?
Just inferred from bonuses as far as I can tell, since Power was always nebulous and wealth always so broad as to be meaningless, now those things are inferred through lore and other stats.

You are really painting with a broad brush and yet also talking very situational in your own expeirence. I have had quite a open time showing the lewd edition to friends and they have become avid fans of it.

Towergirls in this thread is quite lewd yet it clearly is not what people are only talking about. You don’t give us enough credit.

Also you paint your own picture with the “flame wars” i feel that discussions that get involved and heavily debated is a healthy sign and those debates helped forge many things as they are now. Not all debates were productive be all were engaging.

Fair enough, but as said before, it's not really my call to make. I just distribute the things.

Also it's not giving you guys enough credit, you guys wouldn't be here if you weren't mature enough to see things both ways as it were, my statement was made in view of folks who aren't already in the fandom.

We appreciate the compliment, just remember, there is a lot of people out there who aren’t in our community that are sex positive and would not be pushed away by our lewd community. Like, quite a lot of people.

And at the same time the vast majority of those folks still wouldn't, for example, want it put up on a booth at a con or on a website advertisement, or any other number of things that will one day get us the most important thing ever.

A Goblin Princess Plushie.

Seriously. Eyes on the prize man!

But seriously, there seems to be a lot of division on this front, in past threads folks have said they liked that the lewd was getting more subtle or being left to the imaginations of anons, and there are folks disappointed in it too. People lewded the original towergirls just fine without the lewds being overt, and us being less crude and overt with the lewds is hardly going to stop that.

My take on the lewd vs no lewd;

Innuendo is more than enough to let you understand that the girl isn't exactly the most pure, but keeping it subtle without letting there be a list of fetishes and whatnot leaves more room for the imagination. Got a princess you like, but she has a kink you don't like? New chart/sheet doesn't have it. This is evident in Witch Princess' new sheet; lots of people didn't like the bestiality fetish (which is objectively trash tier), so that made them not like her as much. With that fetish all but forgotten now, she's much better and more accessible. That isn't to say that she won't shag you at max lust after transforming you into a weak puppy or something, but it's not an in your face negative anymore. Keeping it subtle without listing things is definitely a good advancement, especially since we already get the eye candy designs still. I mean, Witch still has her visible red panties and skindentation thigh high socks, Steiner is wearing a skimpy leotard, and the Baby Yaga is all sorts of indecent, so there's clearly a bit of lewd to go around.

I hear you, and But theres also cons and websites that embrace this kind of lewd material. I went to an indiecomic con just last month, it wasnt a kink-con but amongst the comics were sexually charged material. The community was perfectly fine with it. Reading garfield fan-comics along side a comic about a fashion diva who was struggling to have an orgasm in a orgy...comic.

I just guess we differ on different communities. I feel you are all to worried that sex is a hindrance for success.

In the end, we just have different opinions and opinions are hard to change. Neither of us are wrong or right. But I just wanted you to understand my side of things, Towergirls is okay being cum soaked sometimes. Just bring a wetnap.

Absolutely. And I don't disagree entirely, I just think we can have the best of both worlds if we play our cards right, as lays it out pretty succinctly.

Witches card is fantastically constructed but if its a hint to come, i think that the subtlety is actually rather bluntly saying the era of penis enlarging relics and breast enlarging potions, and the like are gone.

But thats just assumptions. If it is, i’d say its a shame. It was a defining element of towergirls to act in that manner.

I'm surprised this updated design of witch princess wasn't used, I kinda prefer it honestly.

Basically my thoughts on this. I prefer the non-lewd/innuendo versions, while we can fill in blanks as we choose, rather than having them thrown in our face.
Especially Gen 3, with its more out-there fetishes like:futa, incest,Loli, ect. Ruins a lot of otherwise great princesses for a lot of people. If you want them to be like that, show it in your fan art. Otherwise, this will only increases the viability of princesses, and allow it to reach a wider audience.

Sexual endowment enlargement is a bit crass. I figure, depending on how rules for stats and values work, you can get the same outcomes anyway. Magic for example, could range from fire balls, to body enhancements. The higher your magic stat, the more you can modify. Not to mention certain items like cauldron can be used for lust potions, and the "potency" could easily interpreted as sexual potency if you really want.

Not as many items dedicated to the one explicit purpose of sex stuff; but more items that can do that, and so much more.

I'm glad that one wasn't used. It doesn't have the same silly charm as the current one. She looks so basic in the "updated" version.

Hmm. Going off of hetros rules I'd pick:
Cauldron, baby yaga, and night terror.
Better magic, howl's moving castle, and a big fluffy dream eating owl.

Excited to see what other kind of stats/values will be introduced. Witches was pretty magic focused, but it did show us there are sub groups for values too. There is broad magic, but also blood, dark, and electricity magic as well.

A point system may be nice. 40k chart showed how much fun and minimaxing can be done with that.

That way you can pick a large amount of princesses, but get no points for bonuses or items. Or rescue only one or two princesses, but get almost everything on their charts.

I'll wait till we have a few more charts before I come to any conclusions. And when gats has settled on the format a bit more.

Those items arent really the focus of my point, just examples of lewd things. Personally not my kind of relics to nab, but they were meant to emcompass just the expanse of items, powers, and personalities that towergirls currently uses.

We gen 5 expansion now?

imgur.com/a/O755h

So guys, for a long time I thought that we need more content for what happens on Ser Knight's adventures. We only got some bosses (The Necromancer, The Dark Queen), some Rivals (Yven of the Bleu) etc. and I intend to change that. I will create my own chart with a Rival, a monster, a boss and an event for all five "main" Gens (with some extra bosses thrown in if I find the time after I finish the main project).

Rivals: Other knights who you'll encounter on your adventure. You have a chance to to meet them before saving princesses and before saving the dragon princesses. I still have to completely balance these enemies.

Monster: Harder enemies you'll have the chance to meet on your journey.

Boss: Legendary beings that you have to fight at the end of each Gen to enter the Dragon Tower.

Event: Something that occurs after your adventure of that specific Gen. I thought the player needed some challenges after he starts building up his kingdom, these Events are basically these challenges.

The first row (the content for Generation 1) is in the imgur album at the top of this post. If you find any mistakes or got any opinions on this feel free to write them.

last chance for some quick changes whilst I still have my hands actively on it

after that ill hand it off to Eversor for the title card, logo head, and item sprites

While not a suggestion, I'm curious why Pegasus is the trap instead of Prismatic. I mean, Prismatic is wearing a gay robe.

just how it was decided long before the stats were put down

and prism was meant to come off more as a free love hippie now rather then a full on pride parade

How long will it take for Eversor to make all of that?

How fast do you desire it?

Instantly

Looks pretty good to me.

3rd + on Elephant needs an s.

Fast enough that we don't have to wait a whole eternity.
Slow enough for you to stay on top of things, avoid burn out, and stay in good health.

It worries me that you'd even let us anons choose your time frame.

Here's an update on the /trash/ TowerGirls chart fyi. I censored out the naughty bits. Any thoughts?

Haha well speed will determine the quality is all. Its all the difference between something like this.

Or something like this.

I see. How does "End of the Year" sound then in terms of quality?

Great work as usual. What else in on your plate?

I'd say icons for items and classes don't have to look *too* detailed. Its a small part of the card, in all honesty.

Title head and logo head should probably get a bit more attention.