Is that edgy or fedora if the gods that people believe in are not real?

Is that edgy or fedora if the gods that people believe in are not real?
Priests are generally not evil but their magic just come from nodes in the Astral and religious visions is just seeing the Astral through the lense of a Node, nodes are spiritual archetypes that are not conscious but shape the collective unconscious of sapient beings rather than the other way around. (they are actually older than sapient life)
People goo to an unknown layer of the Astral when they die or fell in the Underworld (Kind of a counterpart of the Astral that is lower and denser than the material world) if they are too spiritually "heavy".

Yes, it's super fedora. Now stop posting.

>Yes, it's super fedora.
Why?

It really depends on if/how this comes up at all in your campaign. Things aren't fedora until you start doing the whole
>god is dead, worship science you fucking plebs
kind of shit. Being an atheist isn't fedora. Reveling in your atheism like it makes you superior to anyone else is fedora.

What does fedora even mean at this point?

No ideia. A sci-fi can go undisputed without any gods, buf if this idea is even mentioned for a fantasy setting it's called fedora

It means whatever Christfags don't like.

Are they willing to accept a politeist pantehon over the idea that the poor souls of the setting are worshipping false gods?

Depends on the setting and the player.

I've had some people play "I don't believe the gods are special and worthy or worship" type PCs that did well enough. Then every once in a while you get that retard that plays "The gods are literally nonexistent" in a setting where the gods routinely go down personally to interfere in mortal affairs.

I usually handle this by having one go down, give the guy a wedgie while going "Please, tell me more about how I don't exist." This results in the player stopping that or ragequitting. Either is a positive outcome.

C'mon kid, gods aren't gods, they're just powerful entities that call themselves gods, you silly willy!

Let's enslave incarnations of evil, we Devah truly are the most enlightened, for we're enlightened not by the power of ki and hard work but by the power of the gift and our own minds which we're born with.

That comment is pretty fedora desu..

Is this a reference to something?

He's still right though, idolatry is not better than atheism for christians.

>Is that edgy or fedora if the gods that people believe in are not real?

I mean like, as long as you aren't using this as an opportunity to harrass people about your (non)religious ideology when they just want to play a game, you should be okay.

>Devah
>more like Devil
Your trips are showing, Satan.

It's a meme used by people who are extremely butthurt over someone not believing in their imaginary friend but have no real arguments.

I've left it ambiguous in my campaign, cleric and druid powers work but there's some debate as to if the powers are divine in nature or just a different type of magic. That said mine is a fairly low fantasy campaign and magic users of all stripes are regarded with a certain amount of suspicion and awe. All mages are conscripted into the military or slain and living saints (clerics) are considered a disruptive influence, so they tend to keep a low profile and toe the party line unless they want the inquisition hammering down their door

>t. Fedora

Animaposting is a bad meme

You can't deny that some christian posters are overusing that word, sometimes that comes very close to call anyone disagreeing with them or even everyone not believing in God fedoras.

Only if you use it to fuck with your characters.

I'm don't, but shitting around about 'imaginary friends' as an insult to religion has been considered 'fedora' since the term became derogatory.

As long as you aren't obnoxious, forcing your beliefs on others, trying to make a point about RL, or otherwise being a cunt, it's fine. Just make sure to hint it often or just outright tell the players beforehand.

Not even remotely true.

He asked if its fedora if *fantasy magic* that people think comes from the gods actually is some sort of scientific phenomenon.

This is idiotic because in such a case it ceases to be magic, and the fantasy turns into some banal "physics works different" setting. Which might be your cup of tea, but presented this way is obviously a tee up for commentary on religion as ignorant explanation of things we don't yet understand. Hence fedora.

What people hate in nu-atheists isn't their not believing in god, its the fact that they're too stupid to ask why other people do. God's existence isn't an interesting question. Why religion plays such a big role to most of humanity is.

Christianity btfo

>astral
>underworld
>it's science!
How is all that shit he talked about a "physics is different" setting? most fantasy settings generally well know rules about how magic and gods work, are most D&D settings not fantasy?

It doesn't stop being fantasy if it's still magic you fucking moron.

This, I believe in god and at this point I want to strangle every butthurt churchfag who shouts fedora the moment someone doesn't fucking cater to their shit.

>Not singlehandedly creating the entire universe from scratch
>Not being omnipotent and omniscient
>""""""gods"""""""

>being the demiurge
>"""divine"""

Dynastic Decadence is increased by dynasty members with the Decadent trait. Decadence inflicts penalties to income and troops, and eventually results in a massive uprising.

With Iqta government, Muslims are locked to Agnatic Open succession, in which a Muslim's most powerful son will be his heir. In addition, Muslims are unable to change succession and gender laws, with other laws costing Piety to change..

Muslims practice polygamy and may have up to four wives. A Muslim is expected to have a number of wives dependent on his rank. This results in Muslims having many children.

Generally, playing as a Muslim trades stability for better control of your traits and gene pool. Managing both will result in a stronger realm than most Christians. However, it's also easy to go the other direction, and have your entire realm destroyed in the blink of an eye. Muslim CBs give them a very aggressive playstyle.

Problems in the Harem, Shia vs Sunni tensions and making the Hajj

Iqta government is a special variant of feudalism that allows nobles to hold temples without penalty. Iqta also allows tyranny-free revocation of duchies and vassal retraction. Additionally, without Conclave, law changes are unilateral by the liege and paid for with Piety rather than requiring vassals to vote their agreement.

Succession for Iqta and Tribal rulers is restricted to agnatic open (Turkish) succession, giving all titles to the most powerful son (or paternal grandson). Titles rarely split or consolidate due to inheritance.

The Sayyid trait denotes direct male-line descent from Muhammad's relatives. The Mirza trait denotes a son of a Sayyid mother. Both traits improve Muslim opinion and make it easier to declare oneself Caliph.

County Conquest: For 50 Piety a Muslim ruler may declare war for any province bordering their lands. Upon victory for a duke-rank or higher attacker, single-province counts are vassalized; otherwise the county is transferred to the victor.

All denominations save Yazidism share three holy sites in common (the remainder vary):

Mecca: The birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad and the site where he received the first revelation of the Qur'an. All good Muslims who are physically and financially able are expected to undertake a formal pilgrimage, or hajj, to Mecca once in their lives, a practice designated one of the Five Pillars of Islam.

Medina: Historically the secular capital of Islam and the city to which Muhammad and his followers fled to avoid persecution.

Jerusalem: The historic seat of the Abrahamic faiths, to which God took Muhammad in a night journey during the revelation of the Qur'an according to Islamic tradition.

You realize that by being the game master you are literally god right?

Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent in your world.

>having an omnipotent self-insert in the game world

That's just gods with extra steps.