Lord of the Rings SBG General /sbgg/

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone."
Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, An Unexpected Party, The Hobbit

> SBG Rulebook
dropbox.com/s/qrns1ywnqoj8yof/Hobbit SBG rules & Scenarios.pdf

> Kingdoms of Men
dropbox.com/s/ijkocwh2g0s70as/Kingdoms of Men.pdf

> The Free Peoples
dropbox.com/s/z9z602fajbgcx52/The Free Peoples.pdf

> Mordor
dropbox.com/s/9b3xrg9u8v58vqs/Mordor.pdf

> Moria & Angmar
dropbox.com/s/sg8sh4zv5gxo0dm/Moria & Angmar.pdf

> The Fallen Realms
dropbox.com/s/7vrd4l8h866vtkc/The Fallen Realms.pdf

Come one, come all. Sexy's back on the menu boys.

man this game was the shit desu, and the metal miniatures were top tier

please pick a different general designation you're shitting up my filters

love, /bgg/

Could I use the reboxed Gundabad Orcs as Mordor Uruk-hai? They look much better than the real models.

I heard rumours of a revival, that true?

Also, Mordheim style battle companies rules when?

Battle company rules are in next week's White Dwarf.

You mean there might finally be actual opponents to play this against?

You mean there might finally be a way to get more rangers of middle earth models?

Pelennor Fileds.jpg

Triggered

That image is from the end of the battle of Helms Deep

My bad, I've just realised they're Isenguard Uruk-hai.

I have not played in years but I read the WD article, it has warbands for lakefags and gundabad orcs. Has there always been a random table for reinforcement generation? I will say I like the hints about customization, it sounds in depth.

No, they aren't. The full rules are coming in a hardback book later this year, likely around Christmas time. As says the WD only contains rules for two extra Warbands.

Does anyone have the full pdf of this book??

I love the rules, but I've actually been using the models a lot recently to play Open Combat. It works pretty well.

Man the hobbit factions are awful, I like the wood elves but everything else feels like it belongs somewhere else.

Can someone link the WD article? I can't seem to find it.

Hobbit ringwraiths when? Their rules are cool and so are the designs but converting is a bitch.

Also I wish they would do crossover with that new video game. New shelob is cool (the spider form I mean, her lady form is generic as fuck it hardly reminds one of ungoliant) and it would draw in new players to the game.

what's your problem exactly? the dwarves are dwarves and the hunter orcs and gundabad don't exactly stand out that much.

dwarves are nice

Also, prices and confirmation for battle companies, a new type of generals book and mirkwood companies.

I am speaking in awstheics, LOtR stuff was more clean and simple, whilst all the shit from the hobbit is edgy and ugly. Just look at the fucking goblins and compare them to the ones from LOtR. Its just ridiculous.

Anyways, do you think they will finally release start collecting boxes for lotr?

eh, opinions. the goblins were from a different part of middle earth and had obviously been there longer. gundabad essentially slightly different designed uruk hai and hunter orcs look the same as the other orcs did from earlier movies.

looks quite in depth

I'm rather looking forward to the Fornost campaign. Sounds like an eventual boss fight with Gulhavar.

>resin
damn

get used too it unfortunately. but at least anything new going forward will be forge world resin and not finecast

It's in the OP.