Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

watabou.itch
watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearing_gun
youtu.be/P3lqoyjK1Rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This one isn't labeled but still looks nice

I wish there were modern city maps for superhero games and the like.

Having to mspaint google earth maps for it just doesn't feel right, specially with all those symbols that make to sense to me.

Looking for a city for dorfs

Is the city on a raised area like a mesa, or a low area? It's hard to tell on the map.

Does water not flow downhill in your setting?

Which way is it flowing though? If the city is in a depression, than there are lots of problems with the location.

watabou.itch Dot io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
Enjoy

watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

Post your links properly.

A thank you should be enough

>Rochdale
That’s... not really a good name for a town these days, user...

J-just looked the name up and I think you are right.

"Oh a rape gang, let's look at the na-"
>Paki
>Paki
>Paki
>etc
"I fucking hate these people."

anyone know any good programs for making city maps or are we talking just use inkarnate or something?

I don't get it?

I mean I'm just getting a link to a town in England.

Rochdale is the city where the paki gang had a child sex ring and the police didn't investigate them despite several children comming forth just because the police didn't want to be called racist

If that's going to turn him off it, he might as well exclude all English city names.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

that's a lovely city.

do not die just yet

>building your city in a depression

This is a very bad idea.

Yeah, humans never build cities along rivers in fjords, what was OP thinking.

/fucking autists.

What nonsense is this? When has a coastal city with lots of low-lying floodplains ever had any sort of disaster befall it? Why, the very thought of such a thing is preposterous!

People do it all the time, but rarely are cities built in low areas. It's just not safe, the vast majority of cities are built along natural defensive barriers. On top of raised ground, on one side of the river, against a cliff, but almost never inside a low area.

That's not what I was talking about at all.

Different user. So what was you talking about? Just curious.

see The way that city is set up anyone and their grandma can walk up to the city, stand on the edges of the cliff and rain down hell upon the city. It's completely indefensible, any battle will have to take place on the open fields around the city, in which case. Why the fuck did they bother building walls? They don't protect anything.

Building town by a river. Blocking trade route with two bridges. Wat

nearly every town complete stops beyond the wall

no sign of agriculture in the surrounding area

If it's the only accessible bit of coast in that region then having a port could trump other concerns.

They would still build the city on the high ground, the port area would just be stretched down into the depression. Like Boston.
This leads to the issue of Boston, whereby an enemy with superior artillery can hold you hostage or force your ships out of port, because you can't protect your harbor, but the city itself still remaining defensible.

As it is now any army with superior artillery uses the town for target practice. Anyone with a larger infantry force casually chucks torches at the outlying houses while waiting for them to starve because the port is too unprotected to try and resupply by sea, unless they have absolutely no balistae or catapults to destroy your docks and sink ships trying to make ports.

OC time! I'm really proud of this.

Also, I'm aware this isn't exactly an accurate map of Los Angeles. I was trying to capture the general vibe of LA in a broad cultural sense while also trying to maintain the claustrophobic feel of Blade Runner. Aesthetics, Realism, and Playability don't always mesh well together, so I did my best to combine the three in a way that felt right.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Looks perfectly serviceable, but if you're lazy like me you just search for a gridmap of a city that doesn't have labels all over it, and use that instead. I put one in the Google Maps API so we could put markers etc on there.
I wish my players were interested in stuff like this, but all they want is to slay maidens and fuck dragons.

>Local dentist hires teen villains to break some teeth in the nearby school and advertise for the other dentist, pushing customers toward himself as they become wary of the other.
It just writes itself.

>not installing a bunch of these badboys around the ridge

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearing_gun

Dwarf Fort I made for a campaign. This is ground level in a mountain.

Lower Level.

Mines, even lower underground.

Upper Level, here be giants.

What? Almost every city in the mountains is built in the lowest area. In fact, because humans have a need for water, almost every city EVER is built in the lowest part of the area, near the river.

Hey guys i need some help. I need some ideas notable locations to make my cities stand apart. What do you guys do to make the cities rememorable to players? OPs pick wile cool is pretty plain.

When in doubt, go vertical.

Have a huge completely barren area in the middle of an otherwise bustling city.
Hint that some catastrophe happened there and that the locals are scared to even go in there.

Personally, the way I make cities memorable is by making up one thing about it then playing the "if this is true, what else is true" game. Its explained briefly in this video at 3:20 youtu.be/P3lqoyjK1Rw

For example, in one town I messed up and called the leader the governor, then later the mayor. The joke then became the populace didn't actually know anything about the governing body above them, and so forth.

Anyone have top down maps of gloriously high fantasy cites/citadels, along the lines of ?
I've found it far harder than it really ought to be to find.

>blizzard
lol I ain't taking lessons from those hacks

I like to define the different factions in each city, so the players have to pick a side and invest time in getting good with them. Usually they're either religious, traders, craftsman guilds, or less than legal groups. The center of conflict is usually what makes the city unique.
examples:
>Big port city
Basically fantasy venice/amsterdam, where the canals going through the districts are the lifeblood of the entire region. The nobles are losing power to the priesthood and merchant guilds , leading to civil unrest as they mobilize criminals and guilds into fantasy union busting. The first time the party arrives in the city, they are forced to help either of the 3 main factions, or one of the district gangs in order to get what they want, essentially giving them a tour of the city complete with cool stories.

I try to make each city unique, but you can make the most fantastical and interesting city, and the players will still only care about the loot they came for. So i try to let an NPC fuck them over, or string them along with something else until they decide to unfuck something. In other words, it's more about their motivation to be in the city, than the city itself. Fuck the hanging gardens, we want loot/revenge/whatever.

Also that other guy that said "go vertical" is 100% correct.

1. Yes
2. Yeah, in many places it was fucking illegal to build outside the outer city walls.
3. Are you retarded my man