Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Insignificance Edition

>Glorious Tyranid News
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=v0uSHdE30RU [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who /poorwargamer/ here?

Daily Reminder that your brain tells you that it is the most important organ of the human body

fuck off yiffer

College student here, so I guess similar.

what's with this fish faggotry?

yiff in hell

I'm on euro-welfare, does that count?

Go back to Syria.

Nth for Lorgar and Perturarbo were undivided daemon princes.

Abbadon is an external placeholder bitch to the primarchs.

You mean playing with paper cutouts, or?

Why are you triggered by a Saharduin that has scavenged a set of Sororitas power armor?

All of the Traitor legions are bros and you are a faggot for trying antagonize them.

Never been south of Germany, beside they'd be are onImmigration benefits, or for refugees on Emergency rovisions benefits which means 4 times the paper-work and prohibited from doing anything useful.

I've been in the system so long I know it better than most case-workers.

Miniwargaming is a private company, right? Do they have to publish any annual reports?

Are Thousand Sons the biggest cucks in the universe? I seriously can't think of a more retarded group of people.

I believe that is a shark...so...swim in hell?

A wave of technological and tactical superiority.

They have two main strategies: Kauyon, the patient hunter, and Mont'ka, the killing blow. On the surface, they seem a little different, but they are vague enough to basically boil down to Mork and/or Gork.

CQC fluff, Kroot are master ambushers and hunters. Crunch they are barely better at CQC than actual tau. CQC fluff, Farsight is supreme enough to beat assassins in combat. Crunch, he's OK but has zero support.

They just got shotguns, which have been fun as hell to play because require 5in range, but they are only available in the troop or HUGE STOMPY variety, and they still aren't useful in combat.

Tau have no psychic phase at all, and can't deny.
Tau have no threatening fight phase.
Tau have an average shooting phase.

>mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
That's excellent except that it still hasn't updated Astra Militarum, Xenos 2, or IA: Xenos with the new erratas

have scratch built 4 armies in 2 years out of donated bits and miliput.
elder
demons
chaos
and marines
been playing 40k for 20 years

Saharduin are fine, fish faggotry isnt

>Kauyon
>Mont'ka

Don't kid yourself the new Tau doctrine is just big suits, all the time.

Daemon Prince of Nurgle WIP.

Just two coats of athonian camoshade as his base layer for skin etc.

>Kauyon, the patient hunter, and Mont'ka, the killing blow. On the surface, they seem a little different, but they are vague enough to basically boil down to Mork and/or Gork.

Tau are just WAAAGH!starved blue mushrooms

Not bad. You do the belly with greenstuff?

well done user, I applaud your effort

Would it still be fish faggotry if it had no hair?

How's losing to gloomy old Morty treating you, Pert?

Yeah, also a few bits on his shoulder and face.

Not poor but no local store here and i have to buy my stuff from GW with inflated USD prices.

Jormugandr OOE is gonna be bonkers good!

>Hive mind: Everyone is insignificant compared to the Tyranids! Our psychic might makes the gods tremble!

>LaughingGorknMork.png

Well he looks fucking disgusting, so you did great.

>GorknMork smile as finally they haz a good fight to be had!

Saharduin look like pic related, that's blatantly a fur fag's drawing

>melee bug
>advancing, charging, or being in melee means he loses Jorm bonus
>can't even be shot at anyways unless he's the closest model
Are you retarded? Jorm is the second most useless trait for him besides Hydra.

Hi Veeky Forums, I'm getting some Kastellan robots for my mechanicum, but I hate the model. I'm planning to use 30k beep boops instead, should I get Castellax or Domitars to use for them?

It's still weird to me that they went so hard for one single aspect of combat for the Tau. I mean even Khorne muhreens and daemons have some good ranged options and can deny in addition to their usual BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD schtick.

>Tau have no psychic phase at all, and can't deny.
>Tau have no threatening fight phase.
>Tau have an average shooting phase.
And this is what happens when the lead playtester literally says he wants Tau squatted.

We huffed some of that Nurgle's green gas good shit that Morty brought over and it was AWWRIIGHHT. Best bros now again.

Could Bezerker hordes be good if you toss them all in Rhinos and Land Raider?

>Iron Warriors
Daily reminder.

But...they have overwatch! So they have 1 and 1/6 of a shooting phase!

No way I'm using those old models formy Tau Auxiliary.

Castellax, it's right in the name. They're based on the same oldschool Castellans as the Kastelans™ except they are 10000% better designed in every possible way.

Sorry user, WH40k is a ranged army game. Pick up some guns and you'll be alright.

According to the book 'Tallarn'. Perturabo belongs to Slaanesh.

Lorgar most likely belongs to Tzeentch. It makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to have undivided Daemon Princes.

Tau were designed to be counter to most of 40k values. hopeful naive optimists with big guns and no love for cqc. it's so against the type that it's hilarious

those crisis suits are like s5 with 3 attacks and anyone can wiff hard or actually win in combat due to dice.

That's because the T'au commit the mistake of thinking they're in a logical universe, where melee on an army-wide scale is retarded because you'd get shot to cinders by the insane futuristic guns and artillery before being able to see your opponent's noses. Unfortunately, this is 40k, where green retard fungus with construction equipment hit harder than missile launchers and plucked-off-the-street conscripts can outrun motorbikes by having a dude yell at them really loud.

What Berzerkers need to be compelling is basically more speed, but not a transport.

Examples of fluff-friendly ways to do this:
Let them ride Juggernauts.
Let them mutate to have wings.
Let them take wounds to go faster, not too differently from Warp Spiders, but with more blood.

>It's a "biased guardfag writes about his beloved dudes" episode again
No one gives a fuck.

>Chaos
>Make sense

So does everyone else, and their unique rule leaves the supporting shooters unable to overwatch again for the rest of the phase. It's a sad state of affairs.
>shooting army
>bs4+

>Tau have an average shooting phase.
>S5 30" small arms on cheap infantry that can triple tap with a cheap HQ
>4 18" meltaguns on BS 2+ commanders
>4 shot S5 carbines on cheap, tough gun drones
>smart missiles that ignore LoS
>buncha shit that deals mortal wounds
They're good at shooting, don't be a bitch user. Just because Riptides can't literally erase twice their points in models per turn from the other side of the board while JSJing and being untouchable anymore doesn't make them "average"

Any consensus on how much to tip GW/FLGS managers?

I currently do a flat $5 but am curious what you guys do?

Maybe it varies in states? I'm in Seattle.

Also, because in every single battle all the armies start within staring distance of eachother, instead of having miles and miles of dead mans land like in a real global scale war.

I guess the melee does make sense in certain parts though, like when fighting in enclosed spaces like city ruins or fortresses where its not worth bombarding everything due to objecives and other stuff, so you gotta send dudes in to do the dirty work

It does for Lorgar since he literally worships all four as a pantheon. Pert's a different case and should have never became a daemon at all, but that would have ruined the old narrative of the Primarchs being long-gone and forgotten figures of myth unless GW made him disappear after the Heresy like they did with Russ and Khan or just have him die during the siege of Terra. Now with the new direction they're going for it'd be alright to have Pert never become a daemon and just use Chaos for his own ends like the rest of his legion already does.

It's not "guard is great", it's "perty and his legion of autists fucking suck".

DO NOT reply to the Carnac.
Constrict it to deprive it of nutrition and wait for it to die and fall off, like a haemorrhoid.

>tipping GW managers
what the fuck

Is the Anti-Invuln gun really that strong?

Don't tip. Just buy from their store.

What's the advantage of taking eviscerators in a space marine assault squad over their other melee options?

It makes plenty of sense for Lorgar. He's a priest of all four of the gods. Expecting only a single one of them to want him is silly.

Why would you do that? They're paid perfectly reasonable salaries for what they do. If you're feeling impressed with the service from a peon, tipping them would make sense, since they usually make minimum wage.

Only against like two armies in the game.

Y-You tip people that arent pizza delivers or Waitresses? What is wrong with you Seattle

thanks. to be honest I was in the last thread talking about my 7 war walker. got them off ebay. 7 old war walkers for £18. had to make some replacement parts and cast some bits but also made 3 wraithlords from the left overs. funny thing is because they all have different mixes of metal and plastic they all weigh different despite looking the same

The best tip you can do is to buy from them and play at their store while not being a shithead. More good, friendly people at the LGS = more people willing to go there and buy shit.

Just tip your fedora on the way out.

Eviscerators look cool

Not really. It's -1 AP so it's kinda meh against units with Inv + Armour. It's only really any good against pure inv save units.

Really? Do you have the line handy where it claims that about Perturabo? I've never heard of that being a thing.

>That image
>Flashbacks to when my Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut with Axe of Blind Fury sliced his way through 10 fire warriors, 9 drones to reach a bare bones commander, failed to hit him due to rolling a 1, commander judo chopped him doing 1 wound, i lost combat, i failed morale, he sweeping advanced and killed my lord.

FUCKING TRIGGERED

Dude, War of Dakka was in its first stages a disaster for the T'au because Farsight ignored the T'au methods of dealing with the Orks at range, and went into close combat fights with the Orks. The Ork 4th ED codex calls out Farsight on that.

The T'au ranged mobile warfare frustrates the Orks and sometime forces them to leave in disgust. The same thing happened recently but with the Eldar and Khornates see below.

>The Red Tide

>The sixth wave of the Blood Crusade stabs into the galactic west, its forces materialising upon planets to wreak havoc. On the Imperial planet of Upsilon, one of the outermost bastions of Terra’s defences, the armies of Khorne are fought to a standstill. It is not Mankind’s defensive fortresses or walls that ultimately impede the slaughter, however, but the Wild Riders of Saim-Hann. No less than five entire clans descend into the maelstrom. The streams of jetbikes weave in between the wreckage of broken bunkers and smashed gun towers to pour devastating fire upon the massed Bloodletters before darting away. Baying with rage, the murderous Daemon hosts charge over and over but fail to reach their fleet foes. As the Daemons leave in frustration to find easier prey, the Asuryani too disperse, without a word to the stunned human survivors

>I didn't read the shit in last thread about how Tau can't be played without Commander Spam and Drone hordes
>So I'll counter the point about Tau being a poor army by talking about how commander spam and drone hordes makes us go from poor to average again!
>Also I'll throw in some shit about mortal wounds like I know what I'm talking about

Look at this faggot
Tau are like second or third to last in sources of mortal wounds.

So things like the lowest level daemons.

>That's because the T'au commit the mistake of thinking they're in a logical universe, where melee on an army-wide scale is retarded because you'd get shot to cinders by the insane futuristic guns and artillery before being able to see your opponent's noses. Unfortunately, this is 40k, where green retard fungus with construction equipment hit harder than missile launchers
You'd think the blueberries would have figured it ot after they tried to negotiate (read: preach the Greater Good via Water Caste) with the Orks (TWICE) and had their delegations massacred as a result.

I mean, you're first real enemy in the galaxy is the walking embodiment of the 'reject your reality and replace it with my own' Adam Savage quote. It's kind of a BIG hint that the galaxy doesn't operate logically.

He is making a mistake. He is mistaking a random Iron Warrior with Pert.

>1 weapon
>BS 3+ at best, pretty much no access to rerolls (not any that I can think of)
>d6 shots only instead of, say, 6, like the exocrine
>S7 means it wounds typical infantry on 3s, 2s if your lucky, and is pretty useless against tanks
>AP-1 means its pretty worthless against heavily armored stuff that uses invulns like Terminators anyway
>D2 is decent, but wont really dent anthing significantly

No. People are just losing their shit as always.

No, some are just butthurt thy can't have magnus immune to all but MW's.

And Harlies.

7th is Maryrose Kennedy before her lobotomy. 8th is Maryrose Kennedy after.

You know this to be true.

It fucks Brimstones especially, which is nice.

>i failed morale
chaos lords are fearless

Let's not be disingenuous here, 40k isn't a vacuum.

>S5 30" small arms on cheap infantry that can triple tap with a cheap HQ

Compare that to Guardsmen, which cost half what they do and can quadruple tap with a cheaper HQ.

>4 18" meltaguns on BS 2+ commanders
>4 shot S5 carbines on cheap, tough gun drones

About the only saving graces currently.

>smart missiles that ignore LoS

On a couple of overcosted units that look at IG artillery and cry bitter communist tears.

>buncha shit that deals mortal wounds

user, Tau MW support fucking sucks. 6s to wound on railguns, which are on incredibly suboptimal units, or Skyrays, the most pathetic unit in the game? About the only passable source is seeker missiles on Longstrike, and those are one-use.

The big problems of Tau in 8th is that they neutered Markerlights, which were necessary to make up for the shitty BS4+ across the board, and gave precious little back. Tau's special rules got nerfed, given to everyone or eliminated outright. And on top of that, they made almost the entire army absurdly overcosted -- ever compare a Hammerhead to a Predator? Riptides can't erase twice their points per turn anymore, but they can't erase a fifth either. Gun drones and commanders got past the playtesters somehow, but CA is gonna fix that right up.

Highly efficient versus HQ/Elite choices in the dark elder index and highly efficient versus all models in the Harlequin index. Likewise strong against the Ynarri Characters, basically it fucks up everything i own by forcing them to take 6s to save or no save at all.

Would I be a waacfag if in apoc games, I come in nothing but drones and suits larger then the XV8 ones and throw around Gundam quotes once in a while?

I know, I want to use them real bad but they are just straight up worse than a thunder hammer >

I once had a drone that did 2 wounds to Harpy on the charge and secured an objective because of it.
It was glorious

No one knows what the fuck you're talking about.

7th was the worst edition we've ever had, and 8th is the best, as someone who has played every edition since 2nd ed.

Castellax is cute CUTEEEEEEEEE

Domitar is cool though, that gangsta pose looks funny

Dude, because they met the Orks the T'au successfully negotiated and subjugated a lot of species and races.

For every race that rejects the T'au, dozens have joined up or opened themselves to be preached to. And you are wrong. The first race that the T'au fought were the pancake space polar bears. They swiftly defeated and assimilated them.

Rulesfags pls halp
>Defend objective x
>Gain 2 victory points if you control this objective for 2 consecutive turns
An opponent I played earlier today argued that the rule only applies during my own turns, meaning I got fucked over because I controlled it from the beginning of my final turn, but he had the last turn of the match so said I didn’t get the points. I did this because the points were 8-9 (he was ahead) and his models were too far away to deny the objective to me.

In my opinion the wording says just turns ie it doesn’t specify whose turns, so I argued that if I control the objective at the start of my turn and by the end of his turn, I get the VP.

Who is in the right here? I couldn’t find an errata/FAQ.

>What is wrong with you Seattle
Seattlite here: he's a weirdo (then again, Seattle's pretty odd itself. See Fremont). This is the first time I've EVER heard of anyone tipping an FLGS manager before.

My point exactly.

>which cost half what they do and can quadruple tap with a cheaper HQ
With S3 guns at shorter range? While having worse armour? Sure.

Castellax look like sad fish.

But they look way cooler

>waacfag
>apoc games
The whole point of Apoc games is that anything goes. Just have fun with whatever you like.