Your last character and their party must now face Atropus, the World Born Dead

Your last character and their party must now face Atropus, the World Born Dead

what happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Fu3DrNtS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We're actually quite geared out for it, as a level 20 D&D party. I guess they collect some Necklaces of Adaptation and a telescope, then the wizard teleports them up and they hunt for the Avatar to slay. No big deal.

Can we resurrect it?

We're level 5, we die painfully.

well it was never alive in the first place

so no

I'm a level 20 Paladin. time to kill a planet I guess. Most likely die trying, but a good death is great for a paladin anyway

I become a litch and hand my character sheet over to the GM

Is this Powered By The Apocalypse? I fuck it

So for the uninitiated, what exactly IS Atropus?

What if I'm playing an Isaac Clarke expy?

from Elder Evils

it's an Undead Godling in the form of a small moon

Either a god born dead or a primordial
The lore is contradictory
But it is a dead planet that is drawn to worlds rich in life or to locations where lots of death has occured
The closer this planet gets to the world the more spontaneous undead arise and the stronger necromatic magic is
If it were to end up next to the world your on it is basically the apocolypse as everything that dies comes back instantly as powerful undead and life in general sickens and dies
It will also try to plot out the sun making the world a playground for all kinds of undead
The surface of Atropus is covered in extremely powerful undead and is covered in environmental dangers

Or better yet, an Arthur C. Asimov expy!

I see I'm not the only one who thought of just giving it what it ultimately wants...

not quite user

it want to kill off every one to kill off gods so that it can die

We were bartenders in a light hearted cyberpunk game ;~;

>What if I'm playing an Isaac Clarke expy?
The campaign will be canceled before the climax.

im playing Age of Rebellion, so I guess our only hope is to hijack the Death Star or the Galaxy Gun or a World Devastator given our GMs love of the old EU

maybe a Megacorp will nuke it's avatar?

I'm hearing "Stab it repeatedly with Longinus."

Would help if I remembered the picture...

>"Atropus is upon us! The dead rise to slay us all!""
>Oh shit, what the fuck's an atropus?
>"It is The World Born Dead! It seeks to-"
>Wait no what? How can a planet be born dead?
>"Well, I mean, it was born already dead."
>That doesn't make sense.
>"We're about to be sieged upon by the endless ranks of our dead and you want to argue this?"
>No seriously A) how can a rock be dead B) you need to have been alive to die C)-
>"Thousands of people are dying."
>SEE THAT'S MY POINT THEY WERE ALIVE AND NOW THEY ARE NO LONGER ALIVE THERE'S A TERM FOR THAT-
>"Oh hey it's my grandma."

And then they died.

>Anima references
Mah niggas.

Tangential, but I might alter Atropus to be the final boss/big bad/power source of the current big bad who's fucking up shit with zombies. That could be fun.

Well i supposed we'd make fairly tasty snacks

Nigga, singular.
And the players do actually HAVE Longinus.
Because they killed the Lord of Infinity.
In three fucking turns.

HA!

sounds cool user

Hello dead planet.

Can we unbirth it?

>Imported Character L5R
I'd say it's worth blowing the once-a-campaign hyper mode on it. The eldritch artificer eats Atropus and wanders off to sulk because sane people don't eat planets.

>JJBA
G's Roar is used to throw it out of the known universe. It'll probably come back later, but that's okay - the guy who commands G's Roar still has at least 80 years ahead of him.

We're only level 5. The most impressive magic at our disposal is Scorching Ray, maybe Fireball if I take a full minute to cast it.

We're right fucked.

Well, we just started Shadowrun...so I guess it depends on our plan and what the global response is?

Supposedly the afterbirth of the creation of the material plane. Its just a big undead head the size of a planet that drifts through space and crashes into planets in a quest to settle the unbalance of it's undeath by wiping out all life.

As it draws closer, undead across the globe rise. Gods can't sense its approach. And if you destroy its avatar when you get to the surface and make enough trouble, it'll drift away.

See, everyone always wants to kill its avatar. I have a better plan for a final battle. Yes, you have to go to its surface for awhile to gain something necessary, but the final quest is to find the magical means to become moon-sized beings yourselves.
And battle Atropos itself, planet to planet, while it's still in orbit of the system's Jupiter equivalent. Jump from moon to moon as footholds while Atropos eats them, and take out the monster once and for all.
For your victory, the party becomes fucking planets forevermore. Maybe a game will be set on one.

well you can't save the planet but maybe a high enough spellcaster can plane shift you to some where safe

Turn Undead. The planet does a 360 and moonwalks away

Sounds like shit has gotten fucked enough that triggering Third Impact is probably a step up.

Aka: wake up Lilith, let her space jam it out of our solar system/into the sun, and then figure out how to deal with the fallout of Lilith being back in action.

Okay, so, the Masquerade is broken and the Consensus is utterly fucked, right? I would think that worldwide appearances from spellcasting undead and mass-scale necromantic events would completely overturn the current paradigm of "magic doesn't exist."

Which means Vulgar is now not so Vulgar.

Which means it's time to get extremely, bodaciously, aggressively magical.

My troll face tries to negotiate with it.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Time to run to Sigil, goodbye home world, hello planescape.

pastebin.com/Fu3DrNtS

...the fuck?

I don't see what's so bad shout Atropus guys. It just wants to die right? So why don't we let it go about doing that so that it can cease to be? I mean, if we just let it go about its business, maybe it'll leave us in peace?

And its no undeads playground either, it mindcontrols everything and it becomes its slaves.
Then you get shloopd up unto it and make up the surface.

Well we're a party of space adventurers so we're not too bothered by it.

On that note, fighting a moon, no less godly reality warping dead people is way past our expertise.

STAHP!