/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whatever-happened-to-my-transylvania-twist-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How was your Halloween? See anything spoopy?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/oerTd
a.pomf.cat/dklqsg.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for chill the fuck out, people

2nd for mages being balanced.

imgur.com/a/oerTd

Use these if you insist on keeping this general limping along for some reason.

>2nd for mages being balanced.

Mages are very balanced. A mage from any of the 5 Paths are all equally capable of humiliatingly eradicating a member of another splat.

Oh, I can make a shitton of those, just give me links for some cool art.

Here's to a new hope for Geist!

I love the fact that they streamlined the mechanics for spells that outright delete the oposition. Makes it easier for ST and players.

In VTM 3Rd edition is current rating times a certain number for xp spending right?

No. This is the new /wodg/ emblem. Suffer it.

In honor of the Geist 2e preview, use this guy's character art.

I'd be flattered if Onyx Path/Travis Stout ever reached out to me about the character. I don't know, maybe they'll have an open call for writers for The Chronicles of the Dead Anthology?

I don't get why you guys even fight over power levels. I don't play Bloodlines to be the most broken Clan. I don't mind that wizards are at the tip of the iceberg, because I'll never be interested enough to touch Mage to begin with.

Reminds me of Bleach.

exactly. imaginary-friend-tier retardation.

I want to play a catholic malkavian who also happens to believe that diablerie is a form of vampiric marriage.

Masquerade players want their precious princes of the night to be the absolute greatest, user. They hate Mage because it pushed them down to 2nd place. Whatever that means.

Requiem players are largely devoid of this need for acknowledgement.

>OPP
>Releasing ANYTHING

Didn't they just release Beckett's Jyhad Diary?

>laughing lestat pic

Now I know who you are, fagness.
Dirty fucking vampfag I should have known.

The fiery spirit sword was actually a custom memento I picked up in the campaign I played the character in. Basically was a busted zippo that could shoot out a ghostly flame, I used crafts and a lot of time to build a case around it to use as a more proper handle. The fire was completely ephemeral, but could still damage things, it just wasn't able to do stuff like cutting or melting things. Basically think Kuwabara's spirit sword from Yu Yu Hakusho. Its power was based off of my psyche so every 2 points I had equaled 1L damage as it was basically projecting my soul as a blade of fire. I was able to spend plasm to temporarily give it extra range or change the shape of it.

>knowing who the character is
VAMPFAG ALERT

Don't reply to me ever again

vampfriends*

How do paths work in VTM?

Just select what you were going to do anyway.

you follow them.

Paths? Mage Paths?

I was thinking of making a catholic malkavian who works for an organization of crusaders against the beast.

Use this as the op image next time.

so many possibilities ...

WEll, What part of it are you confused about?

Like, you diablerize with your bride/groom to seal the deal, or the diablerie is the marriage and you assimilate your consort?
Would he be married, or looking for a bride? Trying to woo dames and obtain from them that they accept to be "married" could be some nice roleplaying.
I think pic related would be a good base for a malk.

Same as humanity. They're basically just a different morality system.
Also I get that malkavians are meant to be batshit, but a genuinely catholic vampire (as opposed to a Lasombra infiltrator or some pretty much heresy christianity based path) is a bit out there. You'd kinda have to deliver yourself to the hunters.

God bless MDE

I'm tempted to drop this diagram on players while searching through some mage or hunter hideout and just roll with whatever they imagine it means.

He's a sinister minister of a cult of diablerists that follow his ideals. He'd be grooming an orphan for the embrace. So she can diablerize him.

I like the idea of him forming his own church for vampires looking to redeem themselves.

Sounds awesome. Might steal it.
Does he plan to take over her body or does he just want to... do the right thing?

Again. He wants tyhis orphan girl hepractically raised to diablerize him, under the assumption that her assimilating his soul will over him some degree of autonomy, taking the whole 'two souls one body' concept of christian marriage to what to him and others in the cult, seems tyo be the logical extreme.

What kind of spells should I pick for my starting praxes and rotes in nMage?

Dumb question. Don't know anything about your character.

Yep. Just wait for a few days and someone will upload to the mega.

Yeah, kind of need to know what's what. Although as a general rule of thumb you want your Praxes to be spells you cast a lot and your Rotes to be spells that can get a lot out of Reach.

Reminds me of this

>2nd place

I guess everybody forgot about Demon: The Fallen.

I meant more in general, but my character is a Prime 3 Forces 2 Spirit 1 Obrimos who joined Mysterium because of his academic interest in Supernal Realm, and he has no idea why he awakened near the tower associated with blasting people with fireballs.

Or Changeling: The Naming.

Speaking of the megas.

The v20 darkages that is there, is apparently the backer preview or a non-erratted copy.
It is missing some stuff from the final one (like the darksight merit)

Damn mobile , fuckin up my spelling

At least they don't want vampires with Awakened magic

......probably?

>gm keeps making every other hunter cell look retarded in the setting
Stop that shit, dude. I want a cool schemer of something like valkyre or the Lucifer group to be a strange friend and foe mix, not us dealing with a remake of Ernest Scared Stupid every session we have to deal with other hunter groups.

That's a thing in the Black Hand book.

Only shitty mages would let their familiar be a vampire though.

Don´t blame me, user, I´m just another loser seeking some escapism.
You can probably get the version you want in torrent sites.

a.pomf.cat/dklqsg.pdf

Tell me more user

Obrimos Awakenings usually center around order. But yeah, Rotes for Reach, Praxes for spells you'll be casting a lot. I would take Atheric Winds just for style, but also because scouring someone of their Mana can be useful, and plus I think Prime attacks affect everyone? Physical and ephemeral subjects alike, which you might need if you're going for Spirit.

A group from the union of all places thought eating garlic and drinking garlic water would stop a vampire they were hunting from mind controlling them, as a quick example.
I get not wanting to make the npcs better than the players, but come on.

I kinda do something like that in my games where either Invictus and Silver Ladder are the only people that are remotely competent and everyone else tends to make stupid mistakes.

Actually the mage becomes the vampires blood familiar (according to that book).

The mage can probably still have another familiar.

One thing of note is that killing one hurts the other, and they can't cast awawkened magic while the other is currently doing it.

In memory of banished skeletons, YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES to come up with a skeleton-themed WoD splat.

Requirements:
Their main attribute (like Gnosis or Arete for mages)
Their special abilities (like Disciplines for vampires)
Their morality attribute
Their (at least 3 or 4) factions

>yo dawg you can have familiar while you are a familiar yadayada

>Their main attribute
Calcium

Presenting: spooky the boning

>their main attribute
Calcium
>Their special abilities
Clacking is what it's called, it's the noise they make when channeling their spooks through their bones
>Their morality attribute
Puns. High pun skeletons are jovial and deliver bone chilling advice to mortals in between jokes about their state of death. Low pun skeletons take it too seriously and are in danger of becoming a storyteller Ghost Rider
>Their (at least 3 or 4) factions
The hand jobs
The fleet feet
The bone zone
And the iconic AAAAAAHHHH I'M A SKELETON crew

>Use this as the op image next time.

>World of Lawn Chairs

>Chronicles of Lawn Chairs

>Their special abilities (like Disciplines for vampires)

Rape

This should be a morality attribute. And it's gang rape, young man.

>I love the fact that they streamlined the mechanics for spells that outright delete the opposition

>TFW no other splat has numerous "delete the opposition" powers

>sadwoof.jpg

So, which splat is the most rape-y?

The bone one.

Vampire, bar none. Its entire presentation is pretty sexual

>Chair: the gardening
>Rug: the floored
>Asshat: the douche

Mage rapes most. Idiot.

Hey, it's you again. Still mad?

Vampires only rape people, mages rape reality itself.

oMages do.

>Consensual what now?

Reminder that using Psychic Domination to get laid is flat-out R A P E

>oMages do.

Have you forgotten about Seers and Scelesti?

So, in light of the new Geist spoilers, what impression do you think sin eaters might have of Moros (or other) mages?

Well yeah.
Don't break the rules, get better at the game.

>imgur.com/a/oerTd
Do you have the transparency for the text?

Which line would you guys use to introduce someone to CoD, before moving on to the more complex lines like Mage and Demon?

I'm thinking a straight CoD game might do it, but I think a short Vampire chronicle would be much more interesting.

Vanilla > Hunter > Werewolf > Vampire in terms of beginner friendliness

I'm gonna try to do it semi-seriously.
Skeleton: the Defied

In-game fluff: There are people who know a terrible truth. There's no afterlife, but a skeleton war in hell, and only those who realize that there's a skeleton inside them can achieve true Ending instead of reliving their life over and over. Skeletons are immortal, but after ages of living they seek release. Although they are all similar, no skeleton is like the others. Each has his own ideas about how to truly go to the cleansing war that would grant them the final rest that has been defied.

Main attribute: Structure. Skeletons start at 1 Structure and gain more as they do things important to the story and to them personally.

Moral attribute: Integrity. Skeletons start at 5 and can go up and down, depending on their choices. Skeleton that reaches integrity 0 crumbles to dust. Some factions say that achieving Integrity 10 will get you closer to the Ending that all skeletons crave.

Disciplines: Bone - strength/resistance powers. Flesh - stealth/agility powers. Soul - mind/magic powers.

"Go Loud" action: "Shed The Flesh". In a horrific display, a skeleton can rend its skin and internal organs, tear down his face, and display his true power. It this final form he gains 5 points in all disciplines and Structure 5, but in the World of Darkness skeletons cannot walk by themselves. His final form lasts only for as long as he's in combat and for [Maximum Willpower] rounds after. If the skeleton doesn't achieve his Ending and go to Skeleton War in Hell when his Shed The Flesh ends, he crumbles to dust.

Anyone got a pdf of V20 Lore of the Bloodlines?

Factions: Fleshwalkers - hedonists who don't care about the Ending, and are content to live their life adorned in flesh. Gravediggers - a sacred cult devoted to achieving highest integrity and going to the Skeleton War. The Rattling Council - a governing body consisting of several oldest skeletons, they are democratically elected and make and uphold the rules for the skeleton community. Crushers - a heretical sect that believes that if the skeleton can crumble to dust enough times it will stop existing; they disregard any concerns of meatbags (mortals who didn't realize that there's a skeleton inside them) and other skeletons alike; the antagonist faction.

Real-life analogy: The game is about suicidal people looking for answers and not finding them. They lack the willpower to kill themselves, but also lack willpower to be productive and snap out of it. "Defied" means both "deprived of something" and "ignored". Skeletons are those poor souls who think that death will be their answer, but instinctively know that it's not true. "Crumbling to dust" is having depressing suicidal thoughts over and over again. The skeletons' immortality displays an endless cycle of suicidal person's thoughts. "Structure" and "Integrity" apply both to strength of skeletons' bones and character traits of a person. The person that reaches high structure and integrity in his life can finally put an end to his suicidal thoughts one way or the other (thus Skeleton War is left vague).

So mages in crossover are hipster-douches while others are natives praying that those fucker will piss of or better yet get killed by their own stupidity?

With the expection of Demon who is thai ladyboy and mages mother at the same time

>mfw I'm playing a Baali and literally the only person in the chronicle who knows is the ST

Anyone else do anything like this?

Makes sense Geist is pretty damn anime to begin with.

Mages are the privileged cis white males of CofD.

I consider it the *least* anime of any of the lines. I watch a ton of anime, and have never compared WoD to works of the Japanese.

Triggered.

Feels good to be white.

Mage: The Neoliberal

Mage supremacy is the only truth.

Will lack of sex for 30 years make me white?

Really? When I first read Geist I kept thinking of Jojo and Bleach.

Afraid not. We are surprisingly broad demographic.

>Mages are the privileged cis white males of CofD.

>Mages, Fuck Yea!

>#MagicalImperialism
>#SupernalPrivilege