Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Warhammer Fantasy General

Angry about orcs Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/ogres/product/ogre-chariot-regiment.html
games-workshop.com/en-SE/Slaves-to-Darkness-Harbingers-of-Ruin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welp, I fucked that one up. Previous thread

Will Aenarion or human Sigmar ever be in TWWH?

Missed the WHFB boat. Interested in the 9th age. Is it good? Worth the effort?

Reposting ere from last thread

Ok, i came up with a series of plot hooks for my players. They are a troll slayer, an elf bounty hunter and another who must still decide. They will start in a small town in Averland. Tell me what you think

>The bounty hunter PC reached the city to look for his next target, a guy who goes by the name of Kristner. He doesn't have much info about it but he apprently works for one of the many guild in town and has therefore his back relatively covered
>A shrewd but short-sighted thief has stolen a precious heirloom to the only two dwarfs in town and ran for the hills. The dwarfs want their heirloom back, but suspect that the thief was actually commissioned by someone. They are among the richest families in town and therefore have many rivals, but most of them know not to mess with dwarf ancestry
>Troubling rumors spread in the town's dockyard. A ferry belonging to the local Agheiten Ferrymen Consortium (AFC) suddenly capsized and sunk, with no survivors. Witnesses talk about tentacles wrapping around the ferry and dragging it to the bottom of the river
>A local merchant, previously on the verge of bankruptcy, seem to have suddenly eared a great fortune, so much that he started buying his rivals' assets no matter how high the price is. One of his main rivals smells some kind of fraud, and hires the PCs to investigate
>A great evil seemed to strike the town. Milk curdles and lambs are born deformed. One day, a pig raises on his hind legs and squeals a prophecy in human voice, a prophecy of death and suffering for the whole town. Apparently, someone disturbed something in the nearby hills, and that something will descend on the town to reap punishment when Morrslieb will be high in the night sky. According to some astronomers, the chaos moon will reach full zenith in three nights
cont.

>a pair of tomb wardens working at the local Morr's Garden are found torn to ribbons. Early investigations don't seem to find anything weird with the place, but some folks whisper about something evil at work
>A strange illnes seems to have struck the local herds, and sheeps are starting to die, their insides completely bloated and rotten. the Sheep herders' Guild (SHG) blames the local Farmers' Social Committee (FSC) of poisoning their sheeps, but soon a similar disease strikes the crops, making them wilt and die. The FSC blames the SHG in return and things are starting to get violent, but the local priest of Taal suspects a third hand in the struggle, who is trying to sow unrest among the townsfolk

The two undead factions are awesome because the Vampire Counts run the gamut from being your usual Hammer Horror draculas to the fucking crazy feral Vargheists and the homicidal Blood Dragons. It says something when some of the Vampire lords treat their citizenry/food supply better than the Empire. Vlad is a bro.

And then the Tomb Kings you'd think would be evil necromancer Egyptians, but instead they're just pissed off old coots mad that people keep coming to loot their cities despite the big warning signs.

I doubt there are many huge fans of the Knights of Origo, but do you feel happy about how they were treated in TWW2, being expanded from a single knightly order to an entire faction?

Are there vampires of races other than human?

Also retoasting my response if you did not see:

>These are all promising seeds. I especially like the one with the pig, it's appropriately weird and creepy.

>For your bounty hunter, consider giving them a rival. They're great for adding levity, intrigue, and even potential alliances.

Canonically, no.

>Are there vampires of races other than human?

yes, the very first vampires were actually from nehekhara

Which was Human?

He's /pol/ memeing.

You know what surprises me, no one has ever complained that Nehekharans are apparently white.

But everyone in nehekara is white. Bone white

PCs must race with a Chaos champion, a Skaven clan chieftain, and maybe others to recover a lost but rediscovered Anvil of Doom before it can be put to use by an enemy.

It comes from a more civilized age, where you could put rape monsters like the Fimir into your games and name exotic nations Nippon or Araber. Imagine the backlash in todays time

One elf chick in End Times.

Which was later acknowledged as an error, and from the Cuck Times besides.

So i'm writing a fanfic (The last one I wrote pretty popular centered around Middenheim and the Beastmen (taking place just before the Storm of Chaos). Female protagonist (A Huntsman). I've done a good amount of research (I got into the series through TWW, read through most of the Beastmen and Empire codex's for the 8th edition), so I think i'm good in that regard, but I have some lingering questions before I post the chapter for lore authenticity.

1. Would the town militia in a small Middenland town (almost a large village) be considered "Free Company Militia", or are their ranks separate (As, a unit of town militia would not be considered free company militia")
2. Would a retired Imperial Greatsword who served in the Reikland state army (and a devoted sigmarite) be welcome in the local militia and be able to advanced to the rank of commander?
3. For a small town (that's honestly more of a large village) have a centralized castle of some sort (maybe a Motte and Bailey?) for the local Baron and his family to hide behind during a large Beastman raid?
4. Would a single Minotaur be strong enough to batter open a wooden gate attached to a palisdade?
5. Would anyone in the local garrison have access to handguns?
6. Would it be possible for a particularly honorable, Khornite Wargor to spare, and leave a small girl he found hiding in the cellar alive without altering his comrades?

So is it a property of the magic that makes them that only works on humans? Or are other races just not particularly interested?

Sort of.

1.0 was just a fixed version of 8e. 1.2 was trying to be a different thing, and 2.0 which comes out soon will diversify it even more.

Some people hate it, but its primarily a /v/ kind of hate where you prefer one game and therefor feel the need to label everything else as garbage.

As for a successor, you mostly need to choose between 6e WFB, 8e WFB, T9A, and Kings Of War.

Going by Night's Dark Masters, the fact is that we just do not know. There are no recorded demihuman vampires, and the narrator speculates that it might be impossible due to how the elixir works.

It's also noted that elves consider the state of a vampire a horrifying, pitiable abomination, and we know dwarfs hate them because of the Silver Pinnacle incident. Further, the Blood Kiss can only be given voluntarily, and well...vampires are snobs. HUGE snobs. They tend to consider elves, dwarfs, halflings et al to be contemptible untermensch.

Why do elves hate vampires so much? You think they would get along both being poshy upper-class arrogant pricks who like hosting expensive wine parties and balls.

It's not made clear (and elves, being their usual selves, refuse to explain), but it likely has to do with the fact that vampires are creatures lousy with dhar, which have probably destroyed or converted their souls.

Are beastmen inherently evil?

yes

yes

Though it's weird. Some Beastmen started off as humans, and their mutations went along further as they grew up. And they lived normal lives? What does that say?

Yes. And so are Skaven

1.) "Free company militia" is a generic term to encompass all sorts of militias, from the most amateur to the semiprofessional, last I checked.

2.) Middenland and Reikland have a rivalry - not the least over the issue of Sigmar and Ulric, and the perceived 'foppery' of Reiklanders - but if your greatsword proved his prowess and proved he had a spine by holding his ground when mocked or ridiculed, he would earn respect and a chance at the command. Ulricans respect prowess.

3.) Castles in this time frame usually existed irrespective of towns, and were built where they were defensively necessary and held good terrain. A small town could easily have a centralized castle, but motte & bailey castles are very old-fashioned by the 'modern era' so unless it's rustic Bretonnia or really rustic Empire, it's probably a more modern castle than that.

4.) Depends on the minotaur and the gate, but broadly speaking? Yes. He might be ramming it for a while.

5.) In backwater Middenland? Probably not too many, but it's possible if they have a gunsmith in the town or simply a wealthy patron who has financed a brace of guns for the militia.

6.) Yes. It would be unusual, however. Such a child would need to impress the gor with her bravery, for example, or perhaps the Khornate wants her to suffer so she'll try and hunt him down. Alternatively, perhaps the gor in question is a turnskin, and the child reminds him enough of someone he knew in life that his humanity briefly surfaces and asserts itself.

Khornates, even the most honorable, rarely spare the helpless merely because they're helpless. The old Japanese maxim of 'the weak are meat that the strong eat' applies here. Khornates respect bravery, strength, willingness to die. Weakness isn't just contemptible, it's immoral.

They belong to Chaos, but that doesn't make them evil. It's what Chaos does to them - and their own culture of resentment - that makes them evil.

A 'good beastman' would probably kill himself or seek out death rather than exist as a pawn for the ruinous powers. A turnskin in the G&F novels does just that.

>The last one I wrote
Ooh, what was that, I want to read it.

You don't want to read it. It was a Castlevania/Familiar of Zero (such a bad anime) crossover that I didn't except to get as popular as it did, despite me half assing some of the chapters.

Bleh, a shame, there's precious little fanfic of any sort for WF, even with total warhammer having come out.

It's funny you should bring this up, actually, since I was thinking of doing something of my own. Talked about it in a past thread when a relatively canny user realized what all my questions pertained to.

Sadly my interest appears to have slackened off somewhat of late.

40k is dominant. And most of those are crossover ones. I've read 1 or 2 quality ones, but most of it is non-serious comedic stuff. Which is good in its own way, but not quite to my liking.

You know, I've been kicking around an idea for a fic, but man I can't wrap my head around it in a way that doesn't feel too fast or just too schlocky.

Chaos can be insidious, rather just outright violent.

I doubt it can be as daft as mine, let's hear it.

How common are demigryphs in the empire?

Since some people seem interest, guess i'll post the first part of my fics prologue.

>Prolouge

>"I looked up into the sky and there I saw my doom, lithesome yet dread. What creatures were these? How many tortures would I endure before peace was mine? A thousand wretched forms united only by a hatred that never ends. Malign and savage to the last, they brim with bitterness for the works of Man."
-Bestiarie Malificen, On the Cloven Ones

>Grand Duchy of Middenland, the town of Rorsche,
>10 Years before the coronation of His Imperial Majesty, Karl Franz I von Holswig-Schliestein,

>Morrslieb hung in the sky, showering moonlight down on the peoples of the Old World. An ill omen.

>The town watchmen warily eyed the road, his soft blue eyes glancing from one part of the darkened path to the other, making sure his torch was away from him just enough for it’s flames not to scorch his flesh. Beside the pitiful dirt road that led out of the town, the dark forest extended outward, consuming most of his vision, with it’s dark branches, and grim leaves. He grumbled something about “his eyes playing tricks”, just as he lowered his torch and his grip on his blade’s hilt relaxed, as he was sure he was in no present danger. They ain't paying me enough for this shit, he thought., For a second, he thought he was going to empty all of his bowels onto the road. Plenty of ex-state soldiers thought after their “official” military service was over, it would be smooth sailing from then on, only to realise they we’re “obligated” to serve as guards in a Free Company unit, if called upon. Which you usually we’re. The grumpy man loitering by the edge of the Drakwald, went from a respected member of the Duke’s Own Halberds, to a town watch sergeant, stuck in his hometown after specifically joining the province’s state army to escape it. That had been so long ago...

>>He wore a standard Middenland uniform (rather uncommon for a free company soldier to have), colored deep blue, alongside a rather old, and rusty iron breastplate, with the colors of the third Rorsche Infantry Division, proudly displayed at the front, painted on (A laughing black skeleton, playing a flute).He was thankfully able to retain the colors of his old unit, when he joined the town watch, giving him some respect in the position he served, and a showing of his veterancy to the lesser, non-veteran runts serving beside him. Unlike those pish posh boys in Reikland, Middenland soldiers wore rather simplistic uniforms. Alongside his breastplate, he wore an equally decrepit metal helmet, which was oddly in the style of a Tilean helmet. Good armor was rather scarce in these parts, meaning he was quite lucky to have what he had, alongside an unusually full pouch of gunpowder. The man’s hair was mostly black, though splats of noticeable grey we’re beginning to form, and alongside a large array of stress lines on his forehead, he was beginning to show visible age.

>He fully sheathed his broadsword, and, while still observing the part of the woods he heard the unusually noise coming from, bent down, and quickly picked up the firearm he had just dropped by mistake, being careful to make sure his torch stayed away from his face. The watchmen was very twitchy, and was usually observant, constantly checking his surroundings for danger.

>Forest Goblins we’re always a constant danger in these parts. Alongside other darker more terrible things..

>He grumbled once more, retrieving the handgun, before using the long leather strap attached to it, to hang it over his shoulder, and across his back.

>Another thing he hated about this post. He was a goddamned Halberdier. Not a handgunner... Ulric damn these bureaucracies… old Nefenda would skin me alive for using such a cowardly weapon.

>He was eager to return behind the safety of the town’s wooden palisade, so he turned his back to the forest, having investigated the earlier disturbance, and quickly headed back. Already the man’s thoughts turned to food, as he rubbed his belly, already planning to stop by that Halfling owned tavern for some delicious spiced potatoes and meat pie, before heading back to the barracks, as his shift was nearly over. Must have been a particularly loud fox. All that was left was to check in with the five other militiamen under his command, and then he could-

>Clank. Clank. Clank

>The watchmen violently turned around, dropping his torch into the dirt road, as he went into a kneeling position, his armor clanking from the sudden movement, and he concurrently drew forth his wooden musket, aiming it at the dark trees. That wasn’t a fox. That sounds like armor ratling. His eyes, having already adjusted to the increased darkness now that his torch lay further down, scanned for anything in his cone of vision. He knew for certain something was lurking under the shadows in the woods before him. Using his left hand, as he held the musket with his right, he grabbed his pouch of gunpowder, and began the painfully long process of loading the cumbersome firearm. In his haste, he accidently dropped the white cartridge causing him to swear. Ulric be damned. Grabbing it desperately from the ground, the watchmen tore it open with his teeth, and poured the powder inside the small hatch. A small feeling of relief filled him, as he brought the musket up, and began to observe his surroundings, his finger on the trigger. He called out to whatever lurked beyond the threshold.

>“In the name of Count Boris Todbringer, I order thee to identify thyself!”

Y'know a pastebin is more traditional. Doesn't take up as much space.

The dark forest stirred, as the wind blew the leaves across the night's sky. A quiet, yet still cold breeze touched his face, as sweat began to form on his brow. Nothing responded. A horrible feeling in his gut began to form, paining him. The veteran was just about to sound the alarm, when he heard the clanking again. His finger closed in even further, as he was an inch away from pressing down on the iron trigger. The man’s eyes narrowed, as he searched for the source of the metallic noise, the dark oak trees looking especially sinister under the gibbish glow of Morrslieb.

>Though his vision was clouded by the darkness, the sinister green light of the dark moon pierced through, he knew he saw a pair of goat-like horns, dancing among the trees. A cry of bestial might arose from the forest, and a beyond, a strange horn sounded.

>The militiaman pulled the trigger, firing his musket, a light blazing across the shadows, as he screamed at the top of his lungs, “BEASTMEN RAID!!! BEASTMEN RAID!!! TO ARMS!!!”

>>“In the name of Count Boris Todbringer, I order thee to identify thyself!”
"Thee" is the singular, mate, using it at a group like this doesn't sound right at all. I think "ye" would fit better here.

Not very - you can't breed them in captivity, you have to hunt them down in the wild and tame them the hard way. So only a few orders really make use of them, and very few (very small) orders use them entirely, and usually either do it for the shock value or religious reasons.

And then of course I notice the second bit, so it *was* just the one person he was addressing after all. Doh.

What made you want to have them talk in this way, out of interest? Not really something you see in the old BL stuff.

interesting. So I should just keep them as vanity mounts for generals and stick to empire knights, KOTBS and reiksguard for my army right?
I am trying to RP an empire campaign.

Just wanted to infuse some old fashioned words with the modern speech. I for example, have some of the characters use German words mixed with English like in the lore.

For example three girls gossip about someone being a lesbian, so they use the German word, "lesbisch" They also refer to their mother as "Mutter".

Maybe they are just butthurt that humans have found a way to outlive them

Hrm, I suppose that makes as much sense as anything else.

Kind of want to try and get back to my own story now, despite the extreme lateness of the hour (it's 5am here).

post the fanfic

If your general is good enough to take one, then he'd ride it all the time.
I think it was the 8th edition rulebook that said there was a grand total of two dozen demigryph riders in the whole of the Empire.

cool. I am using a mod that allows demigryphs for empire generals and captains so I was wondering if I should use it.

It's hard to explain without going into way too much detail, or being so vague about it that it sounds pretentious.

The story itself is about a Bretonnian assassin (a bard being his cover) taking a job to assassinate a questing knight due to his feud with another lord. Not gonna spoil, but he meets a few characters, particularly an Empire Jade wizard, and there's a vague twist and climax at the end, with a few fights sprinkled throughout. It'll obviously include a bit of headcanon, but I hope to pay close attention to the lore, particularly in travelling through Bretonnian dukedoms and interesting characters - I want a story that fleshes Bretonnia out and gives it something as cool as the Empire stories I've read.

The thing I'm mainly trying to explore in the story is how Bretonnia as a whole is a land with two faces, with nothing being as straightforward as it seems. The assassin feels he is above this, considering the bard and asssassin both a part of himself with no clear line of distinction, and the story might explore how the line does get drawn on some level. Most characters will be either hiding something large or small - a secret shame or private hobby - or will have similar alternating sides to themselves, with the main plot kicking off due to an illicit romance. I think a very close third person narrative would keep the motivations and thoughts of characters a little unclear and add to this overall meta stuff - but having a first-person narrative would be a fun experiment, and watching the assassin's thoughts change and even contradict with his actions might be fun as well.

The big problem is that it seems like a very big idea to try and pull off in one story, but it's hard to par down the character elements and push the 'meta' more into the background without making it feel pulpy, or that the meat of the story is a long interlude between the start and finish. I want it to feel tight and polished, but I don't think I have the skill.

Hey, I got into Warhammer this year and so all I've ever really been exposed to is AoS but the past few weeks I've been playing TW2 and it's making me want to try Fantasy.

All I really have that works for both Fantasy and AoS is 9 minotaurs, a doombull, and a Ghorgon. What else would you suggest I look to pick up if I wanted to make a bare minimum beastmen force for Fantasy? I'm also thinking about picking up some Bestigors to go along with what I already have.

Some gors and a Beastlord I'd say. Is your stuff on square or circle bases? I'm just curious.

I know next to nothing about beastmen but you're going to atleast need a unit of gors and a wizard of some sort, preferable a lvl 4. Bestigors seems like a useful take and a couple of chariots wouldn't likely hurt either. You'll probably also want a bit of chaff.

Yes and no.

Mostly yes because GW ripped off Broo from Glorantha superficially, keeping them as a race of chaotic evil retards without the actual reason WHY they are a race of chaotic evil retards.

The general idea is that Chaos makes you evil, Beastmen were abandoned or are the descendants of the abandoned, and as a result they have everyone, smear everything in feces, and even Chaos fucking hates them. They fucking hate each other. But they don't even get the monopoly on hate, because that belongs to Skaven.

By contrast, Broo are evil because all races were created by gods who were as dumb as animals, and gods are one step above their races in the evolutionary scale. Once the gods started becoming less like stupid tiny monkeys and more like intelligent apes, rape became a bad thing and there was a sense of revenge. So when a goddess got raped and nobody helped her, she created Chaos then made her race of mortals called Broo into rapists who rape other people, rape trees and rocks, rape music, rape philosophy, rape beauty, rape everything and everything they rape results in unwanted offspring whether metaphorical or literal. If you care for a baby Broo, regardless of whether it popped out of your wife, a rock, or your own manly anus, it becomes like any other mortal race, but if you abandon it in the woods or keep it hidden in the attic it'll turn into a rapist that rapes more things into existing.

So to repeat, GW just kind of stole the aesthetic of the animal folk who serve Chaos, implied they rape, and then kind of kept them as the undeveloped redshirts to Chaos. They didn't lift and of the deeper meaning or thought behind their existence.

No. It's garbage.

They were evil before the End Times.

Only happened in the novel, i.e. not canon.

They don't exist.

Well they are generally the evil faction which are the most relatable, having once been humans themselves and also being the most "romantic" of factions. As well as being the only evil faction not interested in destroying mostly everything. But they are still evil, it varies of course from vampire to vampire, some treat humans quite cruelly, some treat them like prized livestock but though those ones may treat them well they still ultimately treat them as livestock.
Very few vampires would hesitate to murder innocents for personal gain, that makes them evil, but with how dark Warhammer is that makes them the least evil of the villains, who would murder innocents not even for personal gain but just for fun.

Speaking of vampires, has their ever been any exploration of Katerina Alekseyevna Romanov aka "Katarina the Bloody", either as a story of the cracks of Lamhian Sisterhood as Neferata falls to greater and greater stupor and ennui, building a vampiric empire that lasts for over a 150 years while Kislev generally goes to shit around her, or Warhammerizing episodes and legends of the life of the actual Catherine the Great?

She's a really unknown character. Aside from the warhammer 2nd edition rpg books I don't think there's any info on her

Have Isabella and Mannfred ever interacted with eachother? Despite technically being his mother Isabella seems awfully disconnected from mannfred

Mannfred was turned into vampire before Isabella.

Right. That makes things more interesting. Mannfred was turned before Isabella but Isabella was of a higher "rank" by being Vlads wife. Mannfred should have hated that but he never really thinks about Isabella.

And of course what does Isabella think of Mannfred? Does she think He's just another of her husband's get or does she how he was cunning? Did she ever try and fulfill a motherly role like Vlad did?

While beautiful, isabella was never that smart

No one posts army photos, battle pics, conversions, paintjobs anymore...

Its all fluff discussion, AoS shitposting, boring RP stuff, stupid memes and Chaos players' army lists.

All the fun stuff is in the past...

>No one posts army photos, battle pics, conversions, paintjobs anymore...
But that happens, just not as often.

Then post some yourself instead of just being a drain. God how I loathe people who act like you just did.

And to not fall in to an ironic trap, here's one of my few painted ex-empire Nurgle warriors.

The shield looks nice.

The RPG has always been the better part of Warhammer.

But that is the fun stuff you dingus.

Oh and while I'm at it, just abit over your post is a beastman army-list creation in its infancy. Why didn't you contribute to that in some way or the other instead of expecting people to do the legwork for you? Act as a good example for once in your life!

>nehekharans
>white

RACISTS

They're not white they just look like Egyptians in their few depictions.

Thanks mate.

Speaking of contributing, what army/edition do you think is the easiest to still find models for at reasonable prices? I realize it'll be expensive either way. Also I'm just planning on collecting and painting for the time being.

My bad, but I only surf Veeky Forums at work, and I don't have a good camera anyway
and my minis look like shit

I collected a bunch of info about her from Genevieve and NDM. If you are here later and want it, I'll post my notes and we can put our heads together.

I know one thing is wrong for sure - the time line in Realm of the Ice Queen is totally wrong, it puts her rule in living memory and she ruled for 'hundreds' of years. I've made some guesses of when she might have ruled.

As an aside, the Romanov equivalent in Kislev seems to have been the 'Romanoff' line.

Vlad and Neferata are both Nehekharan and both whiiiiiiiiiite.

Y'know seeing this made me think of a headcanon solution (one which admittedly has some more 40K-ish influences and comes from someone unfamiliar with Beastman lore, and a lot of general Fantasy lore) along the same lines as how Skaven or Chaos Dwarves are technically "Chaos" despite not being associated with Chaos proper: give them a minor Chaos God.

Given that Vampire Counts have access to things like undead horses and wolves, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that ordinary animals in WFB have souls. And if they have souls, it could also be assumed that said animals have some influence on the Realm of Chaos, or whichever magical medium gives rise to gods through worship. Now, said animals wouldn't have the intelligence to perfom explicit worship, but I think it's still plausible that their basic urges and emotions, given how much they outnumber most sapient races by and how these influences aren't being explicitly divided between multiple deities, give rise to at least a kind of deific force, if not a god. It isn't imbued with much explicit agency or intelligence, but it embodies the primalistic urges of its animal influencers: the pervasive urge for self-preservation and continuation of one's genes; fear of predators or the unknown; in less numerous cases, pack/herd instincts, predatory instincts, territoriality and the like. In short, it's present, reasonably empowered by pseudo-belief and needs only proper worshippers.

Enter the Beastmen. As their mutations blur the line between human and animal, so too do their minds become more in tune with this nascent deity, and a kind of cyclical effect occurs; the Beastmen, being just about sapient, begin to impart more complex and abstract interpretations onto the animal god's base instincts, but being touched by Chaos and frequently ridden with the pain of abandonment, these interpretations twist towards their darkest forms. (1/?)

Herd mentality, territoriality and fear of the unknown become rampant xenophobia, and the need to destroy or defile anything too dissimilar to themselves, while also cowing newcomers into going along with it all and developing the fear of and resentment for abandonment into a pathological form. Self-preservation and predatory instinct become a desire to advance onself and the herd at the expense of everything and everyone else. The urge to procreate gets tied up in all of this and there's your rapey Beastmen. All this gets wrapped up into the Nameless God of the Beastmen, which in turn gives the Beastmen something to dedicate their monuments and all this shittery to, influences new Beastmen into these lines of thinking (and so creating a vicious cycle which works the Beastmen up to ravaging hordes), explains the Lore of the Wild as stemming from this god in the same way as the Chaos lores and neatly ties in with some of the lore omens of a Beastmen incursion; animals freaking out and screaming like humans, for example, can be put down to the approaching influence of the Nameless God screwing with the "natural" animal deity, both in terms of its negative aspect and its human influences.

(2/2)

>Boring rp stuff
Literally the only good thing left of Warhammer Fantasy

Pick what color scheme I should paint my skaven.

Nef looks more...green?
Though maybe being a vampire for so long loses all that melanin.

Settra is for sure black.

>Clan Volkin
bonus points for using Savage Orc weapons for that stone obsidian look

Skurvy or gritus colour scheme

Clan ferrik if you plan to field a lot of stormvermin
Otherwise clan Spitil or Crooktail for conversion

If it is not!egypt then Settra was probably a dark skinned caucasian(not the american version).

let's put it this way
who should play Settra, Nagash, Vlad, Isabella and Neferata if WHFB was made into a movie?

Idris Elba.
For all of them

Objection!
I'm NOT fapping at Idris Elba as Isabella

Volkin with obsidian weapons actually sounds pretty rad. Thanks for the orc weapon idea.
And I am a fan of the gritis colors too. I might just have my slave units painted as their heraldry to signify that they were bought and sold by them.
Won't lie, Ferris was my original plan. Having a group of storm vermin actually looking well equipped and uniform really gives them a threatening feel, but volkin just seems neat. Maybe my second band.

>Speaking of contributing, what army/edition do you think is the easiest to still find models for at reasonable prices? I realize it'll be expensive either way. Also I'm just planning on collecting and painting for the time being.

WoC 8th ed. have loads of different models availible from multiple companies.
For example:
With manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/ogres/product/ogre-chariot-regiment.html
and
games-workshop.com/en-SE/Slaves-to-Darkness-Harbingers-of-Ruin
You can get a good 1500p army composed of a Daemon Prince (one of the Ogre's), three chariots (the ogre chariots), three Gorebeast chariots and 5 knights.
That's no excuse