Tell me about your PC's family, teej

Tell me about your PC's family, teej

...you are man enough to add them to the backstory, right? Not afraid of some evil ol' GM messing with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

overflow.wikia.com/wiki/Tomaru_Sawagoe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me wifi marry another mon.

cuck

After our kid died of fever, my wife and I drifted apart. We lived in the same town as her parents, mine had moved on with the trade caravan years ago, so it made sense for me to be the one to leave. I dont know where my parents are now. I like to think they are happy.

I went and joined the army, and we all know how that turned out...

His parents are estranged, but as far as he knows still alive in the major city of the region.
His wife left him for an anti-magic cult, and he's currently trying to find out more about the cult and how he can save her in her home town.
This campaign starts Sunday.

My last guy his mother was the town slut, his dad an angry alcoholic, his brother an asshole, and his sister could do no wrong (all subjective, rather than necessarily realistic, especially the last two).

Her dad died and left her his fortune but with express instruction on how to handle the trust that ties her in with the rest of the group. She has no siblings and her mom was a one-night stand. Her dad took her in and raised her. Only other 'family' she has is the grandson of her dad's best friend who is also dead. The grandson has no family either.

>Yuri
>Happy ending

Impossible

Her family was already messed with.

I've been in a 3.5 game for about a year now. In this game, a recurring theme seems to be that my characters die quite a bit (i go through about 1 character per adventure, we've done two so far and I'm on my third). I don;t make original characters that come out of nowhere, but instead take already existing NPCs and play them.

My current character, Corvana, was one of the NPCs in Forge of Fury, a module that we just got done with. The party rescued her, but her husband was dragged off by the Ogre boss of the first dungeon level and was seperated from his bottom half violently. They were brought back to town, but a little while later my second character (a Kobold rogue named Meepo, one of the NPCs from The Sunless Citadel) died a valiant death against the Ogre boss. After that, I took on the role of Corvana, who became a Joan of Arc style devotee of Hieroneous after being hit by a bolt of lightning and subsequently speaking to Hieroneous.

DM did it because I was "away."

His mother died when he was young. He father died about 20 years prior to the story starting. It was later revealed that my character had been the one to kill him, after he was mind controlled by an evil psychic alien. He father a child on his lover on the planet they were leaving at the time. After the start of the story they made their way back to that planet, where upon his son became a member of the crew, but his lover had died a few years ago because deathworld. Without ever building up the heart to tell him about their connection, the son died in a suicide mission saving thousands.

He kind of hates himself. A lot.

Sounds like a lot of potential for someone who dies every other day.

My family owns a vineyard near the capitol. We're not really nobility, but regular business with the nobility means we're very well to do. Well enough for me to go to that arcane university anyways. My older brother's starting to take things in hand since our father took ill, and I keep in touch, but he's made it abundantly clear he does not need or want me sending back money for the doctors. I think he just doesn't want me to go hungry.

My character's father is descended from a Rogue Trader but he was pretty late in line for inheritance compared to his brothers and sisters and just ended up being given the family "Summer Home" on a subtropical Garden World akin to Caladan from Dune and a small (by the standard of Rogue Traders) inheritance.

While he was just starting to really fritter away his money he met my character's mother, the daughter of a Maester Historicus on the hive world he was visiting at the time. Together they married and pooled resources and bought out the rest of the island it was built on and the nearby smaller archipelagos, and set about expanding the estate into a resort complex for noble families approximately the size of Montenegro. Then they moved some of their less fortunate siblings to the proper core household for the sake of keeping their ties strong and called upon the contact nets of their respective families to advertise by exclusive invitation.

The biggest problem was that all of their children were daughters, but ever the opprotunists they immediately set out to preen them to be opprotune trophy wives for any up-and-coming young visiting lord who might be inclined to invest in the estate.

My character had much loser ties to the workings of nobility and the draconian performances of courtly behavior. She tended to gravitate towards her maternal uncles: a retired Sergeant-at-Arms from the patrolling Imperial Navy fleet in the subsector and a dilettante painter and sculptor.

>Be 17 year old ""Wizard""
>Come from the Fantasy equivalent of a trailer park
>Mom and Dad we're great growing up, have 4 brothers and 2 sisters
>Not a lot but made due
>Won a year at a local wizarding college through a raffle
>Just finished my first year of formal education
>Wanderlust set in, can't pay for a formal tutor, hitting the road in the hopes I can learn some real wizarding
>Mom and Dad were sad to see me go, but they expected it
>I write regularly, promise to be back for the settings holiday season

My druid grew up in a rural farming town and didn't really approve of her hanging out with those hippies in the woods but couldn't really stop her. When she took some serious druidic vows she knew she had to leave, so she did.

Every few years she goes back for a few days and pretends like she's just a normal civilian for a few days while she's there, before dressing up again in her wolf pelts and stag horns and disappearing into the woods again.

Her parents are very sad people, but they love their daughter. I also steadfastly refuse to let my DM ever make them a plot point or NPCs in the game because I specifically made this backstory for this character so that I wouldn't be yet another orphan whose parents were killed by the big bad.

>Mfw
Solid character and backstory user, unironic 10/10. There any culture shock when she goes back to civilized society?

PC's parents are farmers in a village relatively nearby, PC is the eldest of three brothers.

The Party occasionally goes there because my PC's Mother has a habit of insisting on putting out a banquet every time they have a visitor.

Half-orc bard got dumped on her grandparents' doorstep when she was a toddler by her transient mother, at least that's what Gramps told her. The real reason her mother never came back is because she told them she had married a nice orc boy and she needed someone to look after the kid while their theater troupe caravan was moving into town. The grandparents thought she had been raped into insanity by a horde of orcs and had some sort of stockholm syndrome and they wanted to have her committed, so the mom took off, but wasn't able to take the child with her.

The bard doesn't know about anything other than what her grandparents have told her, unfortunately since the main story of the campaign ended I doubt she'll actually get to meet them.

Well my current group is running a RWBY game, I dunno why.

My character's father is a Huntsman, his mother is a civilian who works with dust for a living, and his sister is a fellow Huntsman trainee.

Their family home is outside of the main city, in one of the smaller towns.
His father moved to Vacuo from Mistal due to 'not strictly legal' reasons.

I basically handed him a heavily baited hook.

It's never been roleplayed or written about except in passing but if it were it would definitely be exploited for maximum fish-out-of-water humor. Maybe some day I'll write a short story about that.

>my current group is running a RWBY game

disgusting

user, what you came up with there is simply beautiful. You've hit a perfect balance of joy and sadness. Their points of view are irreconcilably different, there is joy because it's a loving reunion and sadness due to the inevitable separation. That background is something I can easily see as the basis for stories, be they books or movies.

His wife was caught by the Red Army as they fled Lithuania. That's what he tells himself at least. That loss is a source for much of his current mental state.

He's past his sixties now, so his parents are probably dead even if they managed to survive the Russians, Nazis, Deep Ones and Deep One Nazis.

Well, not too much to say. My mom's a retired adventurer, pretty handy with a greatsword, but she quit while she was ahead... and had all her limbs. Dad's the town blacksmith; not much of a warrior himself, but I guess mom kept coming back to him to get all her swords looked after, and they just kinda hit it off.

My little sister, Sarah... well, I say little, but she's only four years younger than me - my sister's a half elf. I'm not. Her dad is a member of mom's old party. People talk a lot of shit about my mom, but never to her face.

Mostly just to my sister's, which just pisses me off. It's not like it's *her* fault. Mom and Dad never bring it up, and Dad doesn't treat Sarah any differently than she does me, so that's something at least.

Dad was a prince, mom was a bandit rapist.

Of course. 25 brothers and sisters. You'll, never get them all!

Beholder gets loose at a family reunion. Your move, user.

I had a family once. A supervillain dad who went straight and now works for the government, and a more sensible mother who helped draft the nation's largest superhuman prison.

Mom died in a jailbreak, Dad's backsliding, and their kid is playing inreasingly loosely with the rules as the try to find the people responsible for the jailbreak.

So, yeah, you don't really have to kill your parents in your backstory, give them enough screen time and events will catch up to them.

My characters usually have parents. Sometimes they have even featured prominently in the campaign.

The exception to this is in D&D. I'm not bothering with a backstory for D&D characters. I'm there to dungeon crawl and that's it.

>the DMPC'd haughty, sadistic, and surly high elf sorceror-cleric noble and my optimistic and the naive half-elf monk constantly banter with and poke eachother teasingly
>it's getting lewd
>the half-elf monk was raised in an orphanage, never knew his parents
>it's revealed that they're actually mother and son, neither knew
>high elf reveals that she had sex with a minor human noble before backstabbing him that many years ago for political reasons, was impregnated, ordered the baby to be disposed of. The handmaiden couldn't, and paid a traveler to bring it to an orphanage far away
>it's kind of tense and awkward for a bit but then
>IT GETS LEWDER

Good luck user

You're not thinking with SCIENCE, user. Or magic, depending on setting...
>Parents and siblings
Dead due to Azur Arbiters(read: cocksucking fuckbaskets with edited bibles where their brains should've been) believing that the family of a "Foul Spellcaster" must be put to the torch, just to be safe.
>Wife
An honest-to-Mikael Dragon made out of Fear, Arcane Secrets, Darkness, and Chains, who oft disguises herself as a scholar/poet. They hit it off when he was recouping in a hospital after an Inquisitor went "Buffalo Bill" on him. She was there reading books to injured people, they both picked up on each other's latent magic, started dating. He only found out about the dragon bit after their first time shacking up shattered his pelvic bone into splinters. Worth it. She didn't actually confess it for two years, and about half a year after that they fused their souls.
>Kids
Two on the way. She's hoping for daughters, he's just hoping they come out all right, as this crossbreeding thing has never been done between human and Mile-Long Darkness Dragon before.
And the other two players are kinda like his adopted nephew and niece, in that he often has gifts for them, and generally looks out for them when he's not busy trolling demons and nightmare lords with his "fuck with the Not!Warp" spells.

Is this her end game?

Both parents are alive, have a brother who is married, and Im sending some money back to help pay for my nephews education. I had a happy childhood which makes me unique in the group

I wonder what fantasy trailer park boys would be like?

the beholder is a 2nd cousin twice removed

Good for you m8. My condolences in advance for when the GM runs short on quest hook ideas.

I haven't gotten to play him yet, but he's a half-orc. His family is human: a mother, a shaman; a stepfather; and a half-brother. He and his half-brother treated each other like real brothers, fighting and playing together growing up. His foster father was somewhat cold and typically preferred his own, fully-human son, but he and his mother were close. She read him and his brother stories and promised him that she'd personally teach him magic when he grew up. It didn't work out, though. Here's a doodle of him

nah he wont run low for a while. My group has not one, but two deposed princess trying to regain their kingdoms. I'm rather hoping that they fail

I've seen this a lot but never known the context. Does it involve time travel? Immortals? Extreme underage incest?

man you guys are gonna have princess infighting. Always fun to have national borders dragged into a group level affair, especially when the 2 are willing to be childish little shits about their national pride.

>Extreme underage incest

That one.

guy fucks his half sister, then fucks his daughter/niece, then fucks his granddaughter/daughter/grand niece, then fucks his greatgranddaugter/daughter/greatgrand niece. This cycle goes on for a while

A veteran of the Vietnam war, he went North to marry a Canadian girl when he got home.

The marriage didn't work out. He was a brute, a thug, and when she was pregnant deiced it wasn't a environment for a kid. Nineteen years later, he's found out just how dark the world can be and he is looking for redemption.

He has Sunday dinner with his daughter. They don't fight, but he almost wishes she would rather then just humor him when he talks about what is out there in the darkness. He hasn't seen his ex-wife in a few years. His mother is retired in northern California, he sees her every few years around the holidays.

well, their kingdoms are far apart. one underground, the other underwater. They both do group activities, like look down on the lower classes

I wonder if each successive kid gets bigger and bigger eyes because of the increasing amount of incest

He's gotta be pushing 80 by the end of that at least.

That's comfy as shit user. I like it.

Character 1: Dad and Mom seperated while he and his little brother were children, Dad took them to live in America. Little brother got involved in some dark shit that caused his disappearance (both physically AND in both written and mental records,) which motivates his involvement in the story.

Character 2: His mom and dad are noncharacters but he has a girlfriend he writes to. Is adventuring to get skilled enough to kill her dad, so he can seat her in power of their orcish clan and run it better.

Character 3: Estranged from her parents after losing an eye when fucking with high school gangs gets a real gang's attention.

No balls if you don't write your parent's family.

I did.
Then I met the GM that I thought was just a (You) fishing meme on Veeky Forums and he killed them all.
He killed them all in a completely meaningless asspull manner to generate some "drama" for the final battle.
Literally my character's entire motivation to live was stomped to the ground by the worst Mary Sue invincible villain that can't get killed.

Forever GMing now and feeling safe.

You're not safe. You fool, you are becoming the monster. One day you'll have a player with family in his backstory, and it will happen.

the're a high elf all right.

They're veteran adventurers and my backup characters in case we get to high enough levels and my character happens to die. Their whole schtick as characters would be to go retrieve and raise their daughter, dying's not a biggie if you know the right people.

They've retired some twenty years ago after amassing a crazy amount of loot and they just decided to sit on it for the rest of their time.

Grigori (Human Eldritch Knight) and Fae (Half-Elf Sea Sorcerer) were adventurers in their heyday. Grigori is getting old, and both he and Fae are getting worried of her being alone afterwards. Thus they're both independently and secretly searching all the old stuff they had and all their past contacts for some sensible way to lengthen their lifespans.

Selena, their daughter, is extremely clumsy (Rolled stats, 5 on Dex), just like her father (Rolled stats, 6 on Dex). The difference is that Grigori used heavy armor, and Selena is a wizard. (7 AC gives a nice little handicap while playing).

Thanks! I thought him up with the intent of making a character who was a human with a family important to their backstory, and also a character who would help make roleplaying in a party fun.

I'm sorry to say that the adventure hook I have in mind for him is a bit less comfy. He was competing with his brother one day when he accidentally wounded him. Guilty and terrified he'd be blamed by his family (especially his father) for killing him, he cried for help, grabbed his weapons, and fled. His wild imagination has convinced him that this kinslaying has doomed him to be slain by the same blade that slayed his brother, so he carries it around with him in a sealed sheath (knowing from stories that, if he were to throw it in a lake, somebody would be sure to find it and kill him with it). He's adventuring for a) a cleric he can trust to absolve him of his sin, b) a mage capable of speaking with his dead(?) brother, c) a bard he can trust will tell his tragic(?) story once he does die of the curse, and, of course, necessity.

Despite the sad-sack backstory, I like to think of him as a generally sunny type when it comes to other people: most of those stories he heard had happy endings, after all. He likes playing with kids, though he never lets them touch his weapons, and still remembers a few tales. His village did not have many magic-users, so he treats them differently, referring to them as "tricksters" or "shamans" and deferring to their authority. When he has to face them in combat, he panics and either avoids them or targets them recklessly. Picture a real-life barbarian impressed by hedge wizardry encountering a mighty D&D caster for the first time and you have the idea, basically.

His father was a somewhat scattered diviner who became extremely famous after his atlas/diary about his travels in the lands beyond the sandy wastes became a bestseller. He's been missing for some time now, although the most recently disturbed scrolls on portals in his study suggest that he's currently attempting to map a different plane somehow.

His mother is a very stoic librarian who managed to keep his father on track long enough to actually publish the damn diary/atlas. She keeps his study in order and figures he'll show up again some day, like he usually does, and doesn't worry too much. "He can take care of himself," she says to visitors, with an almost undetectable hint of smugness. She feels similarly about her son, who's currently traveling and working on a sequel/update to his father's work.

Dad was a jackass, so my PC and his brothers partied 'til the break of dawn when he died of a fever. Mom is running a small bank back in Backwoods Podunkville where PC was born. Youngest brother helps her run the place, and middle brother is a bounty hunter.

My Shadowrun Physical Adept has a family back in Japan but was forcibly estranged from them when her Corporate SIN was revoked on account of being too gay for the Japanese Empire. Her family/friends includes:

>Father--Ushida Yu, a dedicated corporate sarariman who works in Renraku's Accounting Department. Elderly, but large and physically fit. Loves to smoke and drink tea. Has an eye for detail and a mind for numbers. He is of a calm demeanor and prefers to work through problems in a calm and thoughtful manner.

>Mother-- Fubari Homura, an elf who works in Graphics Design with Renraku. She loves to paint and is very energetic and lively. She has undergone basic cybernetic and cosmetic surgeries to conceal her elven birthrace so as to not be a distraction to her coworkers.

>Brother--Ushida Eizo, a down-to-earth and studious corpkid who works in Renraku's Medical Science and Technologies Department. The company has high hopes for his potential and is steady grooming him to be the next big asset to the department, outfitting him with nothing but the finest in clothing, cars, and investment portfolios.

>Ex-Girlfriend--Nakamura Naomi, the unofficial mascot of the Secretarial Administration department. Her petite appearance and charming personality has earned her friends in almost every corner of Renraku's home offices. She wasn't born into the corporation but instead earned her way into it with her strong work ethic and impeccable office etiquette.

How fucking gay do you have to be to get tossed from a corp when you are a Adept? Anything awakened is a High Value Asset, even something as garbage as a Phys Adept.

He has some sort of power that makes him immortal as well as have any woman fall in love with him. He uses this for ever younger incest.

Since i'm GM, not character, but important NPC.

>Mom
Dead, then double-dead.

>Dad
BBEG.

>Guardian
Some zombie dude he resurrected.

>SCIENCE
>magic
Or a sperm doner, or adoption, or menage a trois, or drunk one night stand, or a boyfriend/husband before reconnecting with senpai, or -

Unorthodox Dwarven family with plenty of adopted war orphans and a fuckton of grandchildren.
>tfw outliving your adopted kids because you are a long living race.

My PC has parents who are immensely proud of him, a sister who would protect him from anything, dozens of cousins who always have hia back, and a weird great uncle who makes him do things he wish he didn't understand.

He also seems to have a new mom (male) who is teaching him how to do great stuff with his mouth.

No, because they are irrelevant when i'm dungeon crawling.

He has no knowledge of his biological parents, but his bond with his adoptive father is stronger than any familial connections the rest of the party has.
After being inadvertantly responsible for the deaths of others at a young age (and almost dying himself in the process), a holy man in the otherwise godless land gave him a second chance. This man raised him, educated him as well as he could (not that well though, 8 int huehue) and taught him of gods mercy. My character was taught that everyone deserves a second chance.
Even though my character has travelled overseas for the campaign, he still writes, quite poorly, in a small diary-like book each night about the new gods and beliefs he finds, hoping to reuinite with his father and discuss all he has learned.

My character earned favour with a king in an earlier session and all he asked for was that a letter be sent to his father along with a guard to keep him save.
I will be unimpressed if my DM kill him off as a cheap way to try and make my Paladin fall, but I do have a BIT of faith in my DM.

They are Nobles, the ancestor of his family received his title after the defending a part of the northern borders against invading forces. They allways tell about how he managed to defeat this greater force with only a small army, and what a war hero he was, but in actuallity the guy just lured them into the woods, that he had filled to the brim with traps.

Following his example, even though they are known as kind and mercyfull rulers, they tend to pull some shit. My PCs Uncle sold weapons to both sides in a conflict and his Aunt makes intriuges and plots just for the lulz. His Parents are annoyed by this and allowed him his journey, mostly so he don't end up like them, a plan that maybe could backfire, as his current party are very irresponsible bunch of I would call it "Murderhobos by Accident".

His Father is a Navy Officier, quite competent, but tends to rely more on his luck, than his skills, honest and fair, mostly to be different from his silblings, flambyoant and allways looking for a good meal, likes travelling a lot. His Mother is calm and friendly, worked as a tailor and toy maker for the nobility, before marrying the margrave, but still inisists on repairing her husbands uniform personally. Likes to sit in the garden and tends to be a bit protective sometimes and very religious. His Sister likes to go on feasts and meet with other nobles, but has actually no idea of politics. She is a good painter though, and if she is not lazy enjoing her life as a noble, she makes avantgarde portraits.

My dude was a wanderer from Kara-Tur who was trained at a Monastery. He read a ton of books, eventually wanting to travel to some of the places he read about and make maps of them/his own experience.

I didn't actually say anything about parents for him. He was raised in the monastery most of his life, never decided if he was orphaned, given up by his parents to become a scholar, or anything in between. Ultimately wasn't important.

that's one way of dealing with bandits.

If I'm ever in a Starfinder game I want to play as a Ysoki who's always out working but sending money home to his extended family back on Absalom station which would include his wife, a daughter, two sons, his parents, and his sister so naturally any down time would be him basically calling them on space skype doing space hangouts.

He's the middle child in a family of psionics and monks, and his parents are eccentric and loving, but cooky.

I prefer really big families for PC's. Each sibling gets less characterization, but I like the first time the other PC's meet the family is the equivalent of Harry meeting the Weasleys

Grew up in a normal human space colony on an Earth-like planet. Lived in a suburb of the capital; society was largely agrarian. While he was studying agriculture in university at the capital, a large civil war ended in a nearby star system and tanked the exportability of cash crops as post-war restoration took place. My character was forced to drop out when the government started ending grants and scholarships. He joined a circus as a juggler to get a ride to the star system where the war had ended. After a few years, he got left behind on a military space station when he dumped the troupe leader's daughter. Took up a civilian job as a janitor on the station, planning just to make ends meet until he could find a ride to an actual planet. Scenario began at that point with a zombie/alien attack.

I am man enough.
I'm man enough to mess with them myself, too.

So basically they're eldritch beings who live in stock lovecraftian pocket plane number whatever.
For the most part, they have decently human thought processes and use roughly modern-era technology.
They've always used that, and as a result are near useless with anything older.
Here's where it goes to shit - the pocket plane itself has an effect on a poorly protected mind that causes insanity to slowly build up the longer you're in the pocket plane from age 18 equivalent upwards.
His father's got OCD, his mother's got nymphomania and a natural tulpa, and the other living relative has gone straight off the deep end into Micolash-tier psychosis.
And when these people go insane, they forget why they have a mostly human form in addition to their natural combat monster form.
He himself ran away from home to find a safer homeland for his family and people.
By this point, his family has destroyed their hometown and started trying to play gods. They're succeeding, somehow.

the other character, by comparison, is relatively tame.
Roughly nuclear family with a cooking-obsessed fashionista mother and somewhat overprotective part-time FLGS clerk part time army general father.
Her brother is in on the whole plan to bring down a vampire society, her mother is blissfully unaware she even has a stand despite having one herself from her biker girl years and her father has secretly used army resources to keep tabs on her. The last time she would have gotten beat down by vampires he directed a tank battalion on a training assignment to shell her location to scare the vampire away.

terrible, bredra

Jesus Christ, what are you, part dragon?

It's literally that he discovers his plot-armor

overflow.wikia.com/wiki/Tomaru_Sawagoe
God damn, this page even reads like it was written by an incest baby.

>Tomaru then offered to do the "play" he did to all other girls when they visited him and he then kissed and had sex with her. After that Tomaru just continued to drive in silence, nervous Kagura started to talk with him and during the conversation although the intercourse had been unpleasant for her she asked if he would promise make her his bride if she could do sex satisfactorily, for which him agreed making she very happy.

Renraku's elite Red Samurai Security Forces represent Japan's greatness on a global scale. Which is why there is a glass ceiling for women, homosexuals, and those with metahuman lineage. So when the executives say "you're great and all but please drop out of the Red Samurai Initiative and go back to being regular corpsec so you don't embarrass us", its a bad thing to ignore that. They burned her SIN, and told everybody she died with honor.

It could be worse. At least he didn't break causality.

Mine has a kind of adopted family, living with his unit-mates in the town they guard/he guarded before adventuring. They're largely background though.

Parents & siblings- Lived natural lives about a century ago, he has a few nieces and nephews and there kids who're still in the area, he pops in every few years to check on how the family is doing.

Wife- He was a scholar who was too curious for his own good, tried to contact an outsider who controls a library that exists outside normal space because he just wanted to know more, screwed up the ritual, accidentally married her(?). She finds the situation funny, genuinely likes him because he's a fellow knowledge seeker. She wants kids so she's changing him to be compatible, He gets strange powers out of it and hasn't actually aged in years, this scares him.
She's also really controlling and he was only allowed to leave the library after the first 20 years or so. It'll probably take a couple centuries of arguing to be allowed to leave again if she has to pull him back to save him from death.

Nah that's uncle Ted

Dad died a while back and his brother took over the estate. His mom's still around but doesn't really like him all that much, not disslike just neutral. His sister he get along with swimming, but hasn't seen in many years after he set out adventureing.

What is your grandfather the bard from a bards tail?

That vampire is adorable

I wrote things for my PCs parents once and they died in the first session. I talked to the DM about it and tried it for another character and my hometown burned down half way through the campaign.

The best part is those kids are all the bards(currently wearing armor)

That looks really cool and all... but is that a goddamn succubus/tiefling adopted by dwarves?
How the hell did that happened? Any honest hard-working dwarf should have thrown that demon-spawn abomination into the lava or something.

They probably are somewhere in the Underhive of Magnasanta. I visited them once but now I will never visit them again.

Buncha rich aloof decadent idiots, except for her brother who's a kind decadent idiot, or at least polite and refined. Only problem is she now has to sabotage her family's company so that it collapses, thanks to weird time shit. She has to go out of her way to break the laws of time travel to do this. She's not really a family-oriented woman.

Her parents are alive and well, with Mom working as a cook at one of the nicer inns in town and Dad being a local artisan and smith. She also thinks of her mentor and his adopted daughter as family, though the daughter is starting to show signs of having a crush on her.

Dad was a butcher, mother died in childbirth.
Never got over the guilt of taking his mother's life, enlisted in his planet's Imperial Guard regiment as a Medic.

His Dad either died in the Ork invasion of his homeworld, or when it was subject to exterminatus to prevent them getting a foothold in the sector.

Ah! You wish to know of Korvaski's family, komrade! Very well, shall inform you of them.

Father is captain of a Man-O-War in the navy, can never remember of name of ship though.

Mother is retired Widowmaker, lost right eye to enemy sniper. Currently tailor is big city in Motherland. Good woman, strict mother.

Sister is being taught how to shoot by mother, wants to become Widowmaker like mother.

Brother is about to enter madetory service to the Motherland! Likes tinkering with Warjack and may or may not be capable of using magic, will become great Warcaster some day am sure.

current PC is an Iron Fang/Military Officer that's part of the groups mercenary company in an Iron Kingdoms game.

My character was a tiefling foundling adopted by a paladin of Iomedae and raised in the church. She honestly regarded the paladin as her 'real' mother and had long-since resigned herself to never really knowing who her birth parents were. I did that specifically to let the GM do with the rest of her family background as he chose.
In the actual event, he decided to make her birth-father a tiefling thief, the chosen 'bit of rough' for a Chelaxian noblewoman who wanted to slum it for a while, who stole the baby from said noblewoman before she could drown the hellspawn child. Knowing he didn't have the chops to be a single father, he left the babe on the steps of the Dorjanala for adoption. The birth-mother later sent agents to hunt down and murder my character to 'remove the blight on the family honour', but the campaign petered out just after my character found out who the assassins were actually working for.
Honestly? Considering what the GM *could* have done with that kind of blank cheque? Everything turned out better than expected, 10/10 would run an adopted tiefling again.

Wasn't an orphan until after the rest of the party picked me up. Then dropped a spaceship on them 'by accident'. Sister may still be alive because FUTURE MEDICINE. But probably outlived her. Was forced into marriage with first wife (arranged marriage) started off bitter but grew to love her. Became succubus due to some bad bids for power. Redeemed and became fertility goddess gained followers. Became romantic with one of them . First wife liked her proposed. Have 2 kids. First has never spoken to the father (he doesn't care for her) so she was in an orphanage until family was no longer combatting a lovecraftian nightmare and was safe (decades later). Met back up with her and have settled in nicely. Son was more or less a clone/ custom kid. Acclimated nicely. Also also rendered a pile of followers into various stages of cute bunnies. Treat all of them as extended cxhildren. It's a weird setting but a loving family.

Well, He's a rape baby and mother is a peasant who he hasn't seen since he joined the army with the other lads from their village. His younger half siblings(Mom had him before she got married) have a rocky relationship with him because their Pa never liked him. Presumably, his real father is dead cuz orc raider or is pushing old age.

>PC's family
>Not hatching from Adventure Eggs

Does a pissed off mercenary ex girlfriend count?

d20 Modern game set in a version of 1984 where nuclear power doesn't work. My character is Konstantin Kieryluk, a.k.a. Conrad Carver to his American friends. He's a Russian defector from the KGB who was forced to disappear a lot of people. He didn't ask questions until he was forced to disappear his only friend's wife - and found she was an American sympathizer and so was his own wife, Sveta. Sveta was also working with the KGB so, when the KGB captured the Kieryluk family, they graciously executed Sveta first so she wouldn't see Konstantin and Lillia's murders. Konstantin tried to save Lillia but failed as she died before he could reach her. He managed to break away from his captors and escaped Russia with help from an American spy who'd been following Konstantin for a while.

Now Konstantin is working with the US to find out what kinds on new weapons the Russians were testing in the deserts and mountains of Afghanistan. His party members don't know his past and he intends to keep it that way.

(He also was recently captured and doppleganger'd, which I got to play until it was killed in action and my real character was conveniently in the next room)

Etrian Odyssey-based game, character is a Highlander. Presumed to be a long time after the events of EO games in the campaign, and the mountains where the Highlanders sit around in are stuck in perpetual winter, and the tribe's pretty much dying, with the character being one of the daughters of a relevant guy in there, following the footsteps of the legendary Highlander of yore, and stepping outside of the mountains to bring back fame and glory to the tribe.

... The other character I made is a farmboy Fortress who ran off to go enlist on a skyship, but then ended up getting lost, and is now stuck in Etria with a bunch of nutcases. He was the middle child in a large family, and wanted to be important.