Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1847: Suddenly Third Impact Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/g5eHDWmn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For year-round spookiness:

In Thread:
>Scroll to the top of the page
>Click on Settings
>Click on the cross box to the left of Miscellaneous to expand Miscellaneous
>Click on Custom CSS
>Click on [Edit]
>Open a new tab in your browser

>Go to pastebin.com/g5eHDWmn
>Scroll to the bottom of the page
>Click anywhere in the RAW Paste Data box
>Hit CTRL-A to select all, and CTRL-C to save to clipboard
>Go back into your Veeky Forums thread tab
>Click in the in the Custom CSS box
>Hit CTRL-V to paste in le $ecrit hacker c0de
>Hold right arm aloft and point toward the sky with your right index finger
>Scream: ACTIVATE, ACTIVATE, ACTIVATE!!!!
>Click on the Save CSS button with left hand
>Click on Save Settings button with left hand
>Receive spookiness
>Lower right arm

>Reply to this post
>Respond with: Thank you, based user.
>Attach picture of sexy, Veeky Forums female with big titties
>Post the post
>Luxuriate in newfound awesome

In Catalogue:
The Custom CSS box should be visible immediately. Paste it into the box and hit save settings. This is only necessary if you want the catalogue to have the same theme.

Repost for new thread. Cap attached in case anyone wants it.

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down~

is Blade / Cthulhu / whatever-the-fuck-his-name-is in the house.

I need to know what taking the Jack Harper and Victoria Olsen perks in Oblivion does to me. Those two 100's make you a clone of the person it's named after, so wot happen when I cross the streams.

Do you prefer to be a main character, or a side character?

>Constant adventure vs. constant downtime

The nature of JumpChain immediately makes me the main character of my own adventure, who expies / crosses over in other people's adventures.

What settings or properties would be or are better as jumps then as their original incarnation? I'm thinking of places like SAO which have absolutely garbage writing but good enough settings to be inherently better as an actual world.

I'm trying to take the OG JC as my Suprime God reincarnation in GoH, what are some items or artifacts that are generally associated with him? I have the obvious stuff, the cross and crown of thorns, but I'm at a total loss for what I should fill those last two items with.

I've been going to church every week for my entire life, and I still don't know shit about the Bible.

Unfortunately people are lazy and prefer to gain boons they have at birth instead of working for it.

Sleeper villain, I play some role or other until the local baddy goes down then I steal center stage.

Infernals. In the real game, your campaign will be long over before you get to any of the fun stuff.

I come and go from the story as I please.

Friendly warning that if you import your weapon too many times it will turn into this

So to everyone that jumped the SoB jump, how did you fluff out their conversion to your personal values? I love having a private gun nun army but I find it highly unlikely that they would meld with the concept of /jc/ well. They have discipline but heresy is heresy.

The mantle that a woman washed his face with after he feel to his knees while carrying the cross? The holy Grail, his robes, the donkey he used to enter the holy City, the three gifts he was given by the mages

Mantle the Emperor. Can't call it heresy if your own god is telling you it's not.

Do you actually believe half the swill you put out, or are you just roleplaying like the Arcueid funposter.

The rope he used as a whip when he chased those merchants out of the temple?

What's a jump with a real nifty gimmick? Not a nifty power, but something about the item pricing or jump arrangement that changes how you approach it?

None, because absolutely none of them do anything different.

I like how the Iron-Blooded Orphans jump lets you upgrade the various parts for your mobile suit along different paths. Makes for really fun customization, to me.

This may be a dumb question but I figure I should ask it anyways. If you take Fallen Goddess with one of your domains being the arts and amusement do those stack linearly? And are your purviews more powerful when specific for example goddess of nature vs goddess of animals.

(Konosuba if you cant remember which jump)

TOME and Fallen London are interesting in that regard.

Question for Valeria*

I'm the patron saint of the SoB Orders Minor that I picked up in the SoB jump. I rolled the HH for my 40k Imperium jump, and I got involved in that hot mess. I couldn't stop it, because I don't know shit about 40k so I didn't know what to do. I did know enough about it to start investigating, using counter-intelligence skills learned elsewhere to find what traitors I could, and I fought the larger battles.

So here comes me to the SoB jump with the same name as their patron saint and no knowledge of their, my, order. I looked the same as I did in the HH, and I had the same mannerisms and values so they eventually figured it out. Getting them to follow me after that wasn't difficult.

It helped that I had my SoB fireteam and IG platoon from the 40k jump, all of whom are listed as heroes in the legends dealing with my part of the HH.

In Exalted Mortal Hero, assuming you have a way to tap unlimited Essence Motes and bought perfect defenses and attacks, what is there that you still need to worry about and how should it be countered?

I tend to insist on becoming the protagonist of my own story, separate from the protagonists. This can take a number of forms, whether I'm acting behind the scenes to subtly alter the main plot, picking a fight with completely unrelated parties of similar or greater strength to the antagonists, or just going total sociopath and instigate a completely new conflict and/or make an antagonist from scratch just for me to overcome.

I'm entitled enough to believe that I need to be the most important person on the planet, but I'm too attached to the source material to completely sabotage the cannon.

>Exalted shitposting
Too old.

Yours doesn't shapeshift?

No matter what, I'm the main character. The question is: What genre of story am I taking part in (no, not the world's genre, the one happening around me.)

At the point I'm at in my chain, I could go into a war-torn setting and have a slice of life cooking tournament style story.

>That was what I was getting at, yeah.

Although there's also the question of if 'God' in that example is YHVH, or just the Church being the Church.

>Also 馬= horse, 罵=scold. Type them into Google Translate and hit the pronouncer button to see what I mean.

Just checking it's supposed to be Chinese right? If so I find it amusing that their also ma.

>That gave me a chuckle too. And seeing how all the demon hunter organizations ended up being Zouken-tier assholes crueller than every actual demon I've seen, pure poetic justice.

Was the plural in organizations a typo?

Although I'm not completely sure since while most of them were idiots getting to Zouken's level is tricky.

Like the Nanaya eventually retired despite knowing their not good at anything else. Kirie Fujou accidentally committed mass murder while trying to make friends. Fujino Asagami's dad decides to marry her mom despite apparently hating supernatural weirdness. Finally the Ryougi spend centuries putting themselves into insane asylums do to a mad science project, and then do nothing with the results.

Like Hisui and Kohaku seems to be the sanest of that group, and their both weird enough to distort Tatari and one of them was the original Sakura.

Also if your ASA (or former ASA) like I suspect I remembered something that seemed worth mentioning.

When did you first forsake your humanity? What did you turn into? Was it worth it?

I was already in a very, very obscure book of the Ecclesiarchy, as that one guy Emps new back when he was just starting to build an empire. It was just so ridiculous everyone dismissed it as heresy, but still technically canon because nobody could ever disprove it. In hindsight, spending a century learning to pose was a bit much.

Social charms brainwashing you, so stay away from...more or less everyone, actually. And some Shaping effects (I know there was an argument over what was and wasn't Shaping last thread, shut up) don't propagate through attacks and can't be parried, so when you're running from all supernatural beings everywhere don't run into the Wyld or Shadowlands. Which would be dumb anyways, those places are full of supernatural beings, but you know what I'm saying.

>tap unlimited Essences Motes

How? Is gaunlet.

Holy fuck.

The Anti-Spirals would have a fucking seizure.

I'm Blacklight with delusions of being me, while also infected with Renegade.

In short, I'm a virus infected virus that pretends to be everything else. Was it worth it? Debatable. It's the life I've ended up with though, so I'll make the most of it.

I never did, I became the savior of humanity, a benevolent god as well as a punisher of those who were evil. Because humanity is worth it, even if some or even a majority of humans are assholes.

In the Solars jump, how good is the magic resistance Brigid's Legacy gives you?

Haha, it worked! Thanks, user! In lieu of a Veeky Forums lady pic (don't have any apparently) have the Riker of Increasing Approval.

Side character, unless it would be funnier for me to suddenly hog the spotlight. I'm whatever I need to be for the joke.

This is the best jump ever.
(Am I doing it right, sempai?)
(Not actually shitposting)
(I just really like this jump)
(Even if it is from SB)
(Has a lot of nice stuff in it)
(Especially the drop-in capstone+boosts)
(I put it in all of my chains)
(Your waifu is shit)

Re: Creators when it comes out, because that show had really bad pacing, sup-par plot structure, poor storyboarding/directing, and too much exposition, none of which are a problem if you actually go there yourself. The only thing that isn't fixed outright in the transition into a real world from its original story is Altair is still in lesbians with Setsuna.

I never forsook my humanity the closest I have come was turning into a robot in Mega Man and I reversed that post-jump (mainly so I could modify my reploid form/armor and use it as power armor import)

The flaws of those perfects, combo limitations, exalts somehow finding a way around it anyways given that is their hat, disease, poison, the environment, falling into a deep wyld pocket where it's Chicanery YES, being unable to really do much damage even so without ooc means, and that you're in a crapsack world.

Pretty sure Jesus was just Okhwang building a cult in GoH so I'm not sure if that's valid?

If it is, though, how about the white horse and sword he's depicted with in Revelations?

I'm not at my computer so just pretend I posted a violent rage gif here.

>When did you first forsake your humanity?
Dunno. Ship of Theseus in full effect here.

>What did you turn into?
Something that isn't a complete mess of an organism produced by evolution.

>Was it worth it?
Sure? I mean, I decided to do so knowing exactly what I wanted?

Even though you're ironically shitposting (which is still shitposting btw), I do kinda like this jump as well, and the jumpmaker isn't a raging autist like cliffic or blackshadow, at least as far as I know.

>pic
what a worthless piece of shit
>import weapons
thats why you make custom weapons for EVERY occasion!

The trick was learning to be two things at once. An average human nerd and the heiress apparent of an alien empire. A guy who just wants to go home and the ruler of a dead universe. A mere mortal, and a god of life.

I never forsook my humanity. I improved it. I'm a staunch transhumanist in real life, so I jumped at the chance

Nah, Val has said that you can be a god that exists in canon already, so long as you can think up a good justification for why there's two of you. There's enough ambiguity in what we know of the backstory of the gods and how they relate to their myths that it can work out.

I realize this is supposed to make me mad but it really doesn't. It's not terrible.

Speaking of Exalted: with this build, how fucked am I, and what OOC do I need to bring to get unfucked?

Nexus
Drop-In
Caste: Twilight
Glorious Golden Smug Technique free
Heart of the Sun 700
Sword of the Sun 100
Flawless Form Technique -100
Power and Majesty -500
The Three Circles of Sorcery -800
Unconquered -1200

A Grim Nemesis -1000
What's a Combo? -700
Interesting Times -400
The Wyld Hunt Resurgent 0

>Some descriptions or names were inspired by things found in other jumps
So not only did you make a generic of something that we have tons of specific jumps for, in a genre that has plenty of examples of actual IPs to make jumps of, you also stole shit from other jumpmakers. Not only that, but you didn't bother to name them. So, first off, you're the exact sort of twat that gives your site a bad name. Second, why did you make some shitty OC instead of doing a fantasy IP. Finally, why is it that you think this should be on our drive when you have your own perfectly acceptable drive?

Pretty sure that the line
>your mastery overpowering the efforts of rival spells.
Means that if you are more skilled of a caster you can no sell or heavily reduce the efforts of rival spell casters

Try not being a heretic.

If you head to PS238, you can gain a power that lets you transform inorganic materials into a doughy food that you can specify the flavor and nutritional value of.
Then go to any barren rock and just eat the fucking thing.
The asteroid belt alone probably could keep you sitting pretty. If not, devour Pluto, Mercury, Venus, and Mars.
And then do this in every jump. Get power that lets you travel parallel universes and do it to every version of these planets.
And if you're also capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel, you can also eat every version of those worlds too.
Of course, you're leaving behind a bunch of stars and gas giants doing this sort of thing. Seems like a waste, right?
Set up some tech to drain the power and material of these stars and gas giants so that what you're left with is a little more palatable and a little less fusiony. Then eat them, too.
Once you've done that, head to the metaphysical dimensions like Heaven and Hell, and eat all of their inorganic materials. Eat Heaven's clouds. Eat Hell's brimstone. You're probably gonna have a lot of haters at this point. But who cares?! You've got the mass of a literally uncountable number of universes!!
You fucking fatass.

The way I see it, if becoming a second Son Wu-Kong, or any of the other gods shown in the series let's be real, all the best ones have already been used, I don't think this meager level of retconning is too outlandish.

SB was a mistake. Race war now.

The Fate jumps, for the ability to transfer CP from Master to Servant and the ability to convert SP to CP or vice versa.

Oh hey neat, this is-
>This is intended to allow you to pick a specific RPG, that is not pen and paper.
>Can't go to Pathfinder
>Never going to get a Pathfinder jump
WELL FUCK YOU TOO THEN

I guess if Nyarlathotep is getting involved and there's a Not!Morgana capable of summoning Shadows into the real world, it'd make sense to get some legitimate Demons involved, huh?

>Even more SB crossposting
Sad! Many such cases.

Having lots and lots of charisma and religion-creating perks, in my case. The Emperor can't protect them from corruption in other jumps.

At least it's not the one that literally cribbed Pathfinder races.

Right?

I guess. Actually yeah, be weird if Church God was Solomon God because the major modern magecraft organization has a rocky relationship with them.

Yep.

And nope, far as I can tell they're all cunts that were just too stupid to invent rapeworms. The Ryougis are literally yakuza, the Asagamis crippled one of their daughters and the Fujous abused a half-demon kid until one of them hired him to slaughter them all. Also they practiced incest to get pure eye superpowers, and judging by Tohno's dad's bipolar disorder and schizophrenia it's been going on long enough to make them fucking insane. Strangely I don't remember the other Ryougis being as batshit even though they're the ones that mess with their personalities.

And hi!

Well technically, when I became a pokemon. A wobuffet, specifically.

I mean, my troubled and complicated relationship with humanity centuries later aside, I DID learn Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard and Destiny Bond.

So, totally.

>Chicanery YES

That is the only sane response to reconciling PDs with the devs' reluctant acknowledgement that rocket tag was a mistake.

I turned into a Charmander a few jumps in, and grew up to be a Charizard. Thanks to bioengineering later on I have the benefit of both mega evolutions, including the Dragon type.

After all, one should always be oneself, unless you can be a Dragon.

What?

I remember that dumpster fire.

What if you were a Greed that escaped and learned to be a good boy on your own and founded a religion of peace?

>white horse and sword he's depicted with in Revelations

Trophies taken from the gods sent to hunt you down you had to eat. Jesus does launch the sword from his mouth, after all.

You could always make the Pathfinder Jump, user. I would at least be able to go do my better than 3.5 things then.

I...don't keep up on pokemon stuff. Does Wobuffet have a mega evolution?

Not actually that fucked if you are smart. Wyld Hunt Resurgent puts the Wyld Hunt at it's peak which is massively powerful. Interesting Times means the world is going to collapse and you have no idea of the setting's problem. Further Abyssals are after you.

Thing is most Exalted operate on skills and attributes that are achievable by humans. Often capping out at 5 dots. If you go beyond that by superpowers or perks like say having absurd dodge due to absurd dexterity and speed and then base charms off of that incredibly strong base you can be pretty firmly outside the ability of most people in the setting. Other than that having a lot of willpower which you do and sword of the sun gives you a large gateway to entry for the Perfect Attacks and Defenses means you have a decent chance of staving off everything short of a full abyssal circle or Wyld Hunt attack.

In otherwords, have higher attributes than humanly possible and get allies in other Exalted and you are fine.

Keep in mind this is easy to say not do and it will be an incredible fight for survival but overall being out of context in Exalted helps a lot.

The perks of being fenrir is I never get fat, and can already eat pretty much anything. But Im stealing that ps238 idea.

Is JumpChain a constructive or destructive hobby?
I've been a lurker for about a year now and I can't help but consider this an egregious waste of time. If anything it locks you within a stasis and makes you accept yourself as you are since you are subconsciously internalizing all of these fake powers and abilities as "self improvement". I guess it could be considered constructive if you make jumps, but even then, to what extent? What are you really building?
I guess it could be considered more community based, but to be honest this is my first time attempting to interact with the community since from what I've seen it is very quick to go for each others throats.
I'm just wondering what you guys think, I know most of you are neets, there was a poll awhile back, do you just not care and find joy only in escapism or what is it?
Also, just to clarify, I'm legitimately curious, why do you do it and what do you gain, this is not some inflammatory shitpost, I know you guys don't care about some one-post anonymous retard, I'm just curious of your reasoning and justifications.

Not like cliff or blackshadow, but he is definitely a raging autists. Or at least he drinks the Kool-aid of people like cliff and blackshadow.

These are dumb complaints, though. You're complaining about people taking inspiration from perks in other jumps and not crediting them, in a thread based on derivative CYOAs, when plenty of jumpmakers do that all the fucking time.

I feel like the powers granted by this jump are too powerful, and it’s too easy to get CP through drawbacks, but I really like the post-game dungeon and the neat reward for beating it. I wish more of our jumps did stuff like that.

I wish. I don't have the time or the motivation. Or the experience. If I tried it would take me a long time and come out worse than Forgotten Realms.

Oh, hey ASA
How is life going?
I guess just like any SI story then

>Is JumpChain a constructive or destructive hobby?
Depends on the person.

>2017
>forsaking your humanity
pleb

>constructive or destructive

It's both, at the same time, in the absolutely most self-contradictory way possible or even imaginable.

My first jump, to the Blacklight as a Runner. Though my human mind remained, thanks to a perk from that same jump. My only issue with removing my humanity was the possibility of killing my 'self', but since that wasn't an issue and never will be, I'd say it was worth it.

Hmmm, I just like making a build every once in a while. I've lost complete track of any kind of semblance of a coherent "chain" long ago.

Sure, it's a waste of time. But I have time to waste anyhow, and occasionally there's a jump made for something interesting to watch/read.

Blame this thread for chasing off SoAnon.

It's been a busy uni year. Between that and the I kinda burned myself writing the F/GO build, so I've been mostly posting user because I don't even have the time to keep talking about build stuff so I don't see the point.

Is that who'd picked it up? Huh.

Oh my god hi Garlock-user! How have you been?
It's been a while, going to be catching up on recent drops soon?

How often does your Jumper feel like pic related?

Humans are already superior.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Jump When ?

Never, because no one knows what that is.

>I feel like the powers granted by this jump are too powerful
Why, and how many RPGs have you played? They're often fairly high-tier.

But yeah, it's way too easy to gain CP from drawbacks. I believe the jumpmaker said something along the lines of, "It should be possible to take 2000-3000 CP worth of drawbacks of this is your first jump."

He's aware, and like a miniature Record the Recording, intended it to be that way.

Probably destructive.

>do you just not care and find joy only in escapism or what is it?
Are you seriously asking that question? Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be in a thread about a game of pretend whose only use is escapism. Besides that, my hobbies are watching anime and fantasy movies, and reading fantasy books. Reality can fuck itself.

I can kind of understand what you mean, but could you try to clarify a bit more?

I will never not be irritated with how that movie depicted Persians.

/jc/ gauntlet when

It's a time-waster, like everything on Veeky Forums.
But whether it's benign or malignant depends on the individual.
Some people can eat a little candy and be fine, some people gorge themselves and get sick or fat, and some people have diabetes that makes eating candy a bad idea.
But it's hardly the candy's fault if someone ruins their own life with it. They were a human being, they knew the risks and by indulging, they accepted them.
And now their family members have to bury their 1200 pound, one legged ass.

Pleb

Oh, that's nice. And actually seems logical. If you have the physical parameters of a literal superhero, you won't need to use charms nearly as much in fights, which means you'll outlast other Exalted who do.