Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Do Tyranids dream of primaris sheep? Edition

Previous thread
Tyranids compilation:
i.imgur.com/DmR1MGf.jpg

>Glorious Tyranid News
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=v0uSHdE30RU [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Do not respond to this post.

Gav doing a thing on the Reddits

Just try and stop me

Bye bye skeletons. See you in another year.

Big 8th to whoever uploaded Space Elf codex

Big ty* I mean.

Guys, I'm reading the Mordian-specific stratagem, and I'm not quite sure what it means.

It says that for each 6+ to hit the model can immediately shoot again with the same weapon. So if I'm within 12" firing with a plasma gun, and get a 6+, do i get to shoot twice more? Or just a single shot?

Watching the Abnett interview. Can't wait to hear more about the lads again

I'd say yes, because that's how shots for Rapid Fire weapons are resolved.

What is the video MWG made about dark eldar being too evil?

>The other thread already summoned carnac
Welp, what are you guys working on today?

So if it were a mortar/heavy bolter/autocannon heavy weapons squad, the model could end up increasing it's firepower significantly. I mean a mortar could roll 1 shot, but then get a 6 to hit, and then get an additional D6 shots. That would be really powerful.

So I just got gifted the Chasis of a Soul Grinder, A Skaven Doom Wheel, some Aos Blood Reavers and a Skull Cannon.

As a Admech player, what do I do with this?

Or hell, Rank Fire in rapid fire range is going to hurt. An intact squad pumps out 36 lasgun shots (and whatever the sarge is packing) and of those, 6 are likely to result in 6 more attacks of Rapid Fire 2 goodness.

I never really thought about it before. That’s absolutely brutal.

throw them in the bin

the extra shots will kill you .67 more marines or 2 more guards

glue some odd admech bobs and call them admech infantry.

I don't know about the other stuff, but i'd turns the blood reavers into electro priests.

>>Hey, that's a neat looking autarch. Cool helmet
>>Maybe it's on eBay for cheap
MFW 100$

The sickest daemon engine of all times, time to go dark for this user.

chaos players don't even know what to do with soul grinders, so I really feel for you. those things are ass

Yeah, i would combine that stratagem with the mordian order onto some plasma gun command squads or special weapon squads to rip apart characters.

neat OOP models are expensive, user.

like the 5th edition archon.

but you can still get them from china for cheap

you are right, wtf helmet is this ?

I think you need a second doom wheel

Dubs pick what chapter my watch master comes from.
Hard mode: none of the original legions.

Blood ravens descendants

its the mandiblaster one, iirc. The winged one hs the banshee mask.

pretty marines

the old winged one*

minotaurs

Raptors

rainbow warriors

Silver Skulls.
With hazard stripes!

Any dakka is good dakka. I’ll take what I can.

I don't recognize the model though, is it a convertion ?

The hanged!

Jesus, why did they replace him with the plastic goofball instead of keep both? I bought two of this guy in 5e. Wish I'd bought more... and that I'd claimed my ex's as beat booty when I had the chance.

Do only marines get 40,000 versions of an HQ for purchase? Lame.

Fine cast aside, the 5e deldar range is seriously some of the sexiest sculpt these dudes ever made. Fucking oozing character.

Take the knot!

Nah wait, its been too long. i think thats the normal non-aspect helmet. With the limited edition autarch from the battleforce box.

fuck ive been playing this game too fucking long and things are getting jumbled

the flaming homos

Marines Malevolent

Because fuck civilians

People don't actually like Tau, right?

There's no way for the Tau to win in the End Times. They don't have enough bodies and firepower to defeat the main Tyranid Hive Fleet. Tau don't have a counter to Imperium Primarchs, they don't have a custom made Eldar god, they certainly can't survive a galaxy wide Ork Waagh, Fully Awakened Necron armies out tech them by miles, and Chaos has literal demons that eat other demons for breakfast. Why would anyone like these chumps? They don't stand a chance.

We have a winner

Ding ding ding

rumor is the mold was finnicky when they switched to finecast, so they made a plastic version so they didn't have to deal with it.

he said no legion chapters so no ultramarines

Black Templars.

Fark. The logo isnt going to be easy

Watch master there's an Xenos artefact somewhere in that hab-block.

Brother......bring the whirlwind

I can believe it. There were some goofs to fix and the horns/sword could be iffy.

So, my chaos Warband follows malice. Since Princes have to be marked, which god best fits malice?

you got this dude and it'll look great

Have you considered being less of a prancing la-la homo-man and picking a god who actually belongs in canon?

yea my two metal ones are great, my two finecasts needed greenstuff surgery.

Use a thunderbolt from a transfer then free hand the wing. EZ.

I say tzeentch, just because Malal who? Oh it's just tzeentch tzeentching you ;)

what's make a story isn't the end but the journey

Has anyone leaked the complete nid codex yet? Want to try them out this weekend

Up for a batrep my fine anons? And how has everyone enjoyed their Wednesday?

But I like the anti-chaos chaos god, and the black and white looks sweet.

Kinda what I was thinking, though the other gods have a good argument, too. I'm more thinking mechanically. The Tzeentch strategem fits if I take Gaze, so he can double tap for mortal wounds.

Go for it ;D
What's there to lose.

Entertain me as I paint Genestealer Cults!

Yeah user, but what the hell do I do with the bits?

Thats actually what I plan on doing with the Khornates; they seem pretty good model wise, I just need to shave off the actual Khornate symbols.

I was actually tempted to go Dark a while back; the Chaos Icon from the Defiler kit looks so nice on the back of a Onager, but it didn't fit the lore of my dudes, IE, an explorator led crusade that is taking advantage of the current situation to settle debts and steal shit, while also killing Daemons and heretics.

True; the guy I got it from runs one, but it really kinda sucks. I think I've played one game againat it.

For what ends user?

Impatiently waiting for the holiday to end while doing stuff for my uni.
I havent gotten a game in a couple weeks, and I really wanna try out my meme-tier 2k "All I have is 13 Characters Grey Knights" army
I REEEAAALLY hope somebody stops by my LGS tomorrow.

>batrep
>nids
>SMs
>IG

FUCK YEA, user. Go for it. And dont get discouraged if somebody says "muh unpainted armies" batreps are always awesome

One for each side of your rolling doom grinder.

He's not handicapped, he's handi-capable

Muh unpainted armies ;)

Done! Came out better than expected.

Why are Marine codexes the only ones that don't get to apply their Chapter Tactics to everything in the book?

Primaris BA and codex WHEN

I played the Guard was a 4000 per side 2v2. And surprisingly the Guard was the only army fully painted. CSM focused on me and got some charges off but really didn't do too much damage. His Nid ally got some good charges off.

Credit due where it's deserved dude. You delivered, deliver fast, and delivered well

10/10 would order from again ;)

Impressive, desu

Anyone here want to see a warhammer 40k themed FPS game, like Planetside 2?
ooc: Karl you cuck I know you are here.

>Tau don't have a counter to Imperium Primarchs

What's this? A Primarch with a rectum dangerously underpopulated by missiles?

Nothing this briefcase full of missiles can't solve!

Good work

>Primaris

Old meme, nobody cares anymore.

Everyone's talking about how Emperor held back against Horus, why is no one mentioning He spent SEVEN FUCKING YEARS on The Golden Throne prior to the fight? That must have exhausted Him to an extent.

Are there any novels about first contact with the Tyranids or focused on wars against them?

Trade secret

>Literally any Primarch proceeds to turn them into soup while laughing off their pathetic attempts to harm them

Not me, although a KotOR style game where you play as a rogue trader or inquisitorwould be pretty awesome

>The Daemon of Rage from those unable to go upstairs
Terrifying
If Only I had the upper torso of the Soul Grinder still

Ideas for crusaders?

Yeah, that might be neato. But really though, a warhammer 40k FPS would be rad.

Awesome work, user

Now unleash him and let him blow up an orphanage or whatever the Marines Malevolent do

Best way to run sternguard? Assume they would be transported by a razorback

I was thinking either melta or plasma, the special issue boltgun is nice but killing only 2 marines in rapid fire is kinda meh

Pic very related user. I'm not saying it's good, just that it exists.

You take the special issue to use the tasty stratagem and punch above your points.

I liked them with combi-meltas. Expensive, but effective.

I know, but I want one based off Planetside 2
>tfw you can never do a baneblade charge with your frens online and storm chaos defenses
why even live?

does anyone have pdf's of the old necromunda rules, expansion, magazine articles.

I play blood angels I don't get any stratagems, let alone tasty ones

Stermguard have a specific stratagem?

Just got to have hope user. Nothing wrong with a bit of hope, surely?

So hows it coming, user? Any more cool pics, or story on how the game went?

Nid guy was bullying his gfs space Marines. And the genestealers attempted to steal tank jeans and they were fairly unsuccessful failing to secure First Blood.

> user actually delivered

How did he get the stealers in that quickly? Trygon or Swarmlord?

All dreadnought army. Yeay/nay? I was thinking a chaplain dread, Librarian dread, Venerable dread and eventually 10 other dreads to make a sort of dread tactical squad.

Warriors of Ultramar is the main one.

There is sadly no book about the Death of Tyran, that would be amazing if they got a good writer on it.

Is that part of the Ultramarines Omnibus?