Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Waiting Room Edition
What are you currently waiting for /pfg/?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?528186-Dreamscarred-Press-New-playtest-the-Rajah-an-akashic-initiator!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just want to play and hop in but I have no friends and I can't even get into a game on r20 because nobody wants to help a newbie

Also no local game store.

Why live. Tempted to just buy solo adventures

Do you ever retreat?

Waiting for Friday so I can game with my GM and learn what loot I got in the puzzlebox

I just joined a lewd game and everyone else but me is playing a fucking edgelord so far. I have no idea how my character is suppose to not just beat the shit out of the other players.

Ultimate Wilderness, I want to get the disappointment over with so I can get down and dirty with the things that might be fun.

Which of these Inquisitor archetype combinations seem best? What would you say are the pros and cons of each? I'm working on a build and would like some advice.

>Royal Accuser+Relic Hunter
>Royal Accuser+Sanctified Slayer
>Royal Accuser+Living Grimoire

And yes, Royal Accuser is necessary. Its for a build I'm working on

>Sole non-edgelord
I know the feeling. Even worse is when you have the lowest charisma out of the group, but you're the only one who isn't autistic as fuck about social interactions.

I just want to defend people and fuck princesses with my futa dingdong that's really all I wanted from a lewd game. Instead I have three other edgelord companions who want to kill/rape everything or be raped by everything with a pulse.

>that fucking wizard last thread with 8 con
>this most recent Tower app is a witch with 6 con

Wassa matter with you

Is that Iron Gods game Argentum ran?

They miss that sweet d4HD

It's a non /pfg/ game or else I wouldn't be girping here. Pretty sure no one from the game is here.

Way of the Wicked?

Also no. I just game here to gripe about it since it's a pf game.

Anyone have resources for dungeon planning or puzzles? I wanna try making my dungeon dives more than just rooms with enemies.

The Spheres of Might Blacksmith gets 'smithing insights' which are basically their version of rogue talents, but two of them stood out to me.

>Shieldsmith
>The blacksmith learns how to position the straps and clasps on a shield in such a way that he can wield it without hampering the use of an arm; the blacksmith may wear a light or heavy shield as a buckler, and does not suffer a penalty to attack rolls when using his shield arm to wield a weapon or when using a tower shield.

>Master Shieldsmith (Requires Shieldsmith)
>The blacksmith’s shieldcraft has reached its pinnacle, allowing him to craft shields whose intricate details are too refined for anyone but him to truly master. The blacksmith does not lose his shield bonus to AC when attacking with a weapon wielded with his shield arm, and does not take two-weapon fighting penalties for his off-hand attacks when using a shield bash as one of his weapons when two-weapon fighting.

Would a character with both of these abilities be able to shield bash with a heavy shield as part of a full-attack with a two-handed weapon? Using free actions to let go of the weapon, and then grab it again. Like a wizard with a quarterstaff would do when casting a spell.

How do I do damage with SoM?

SoM doesn't do pure damage.

Barrage sphere is similar to ranged full attacking. It's good for damage but you get other tricks.

Dual Wield sphere has okay damage (the main draw is getting two attacks as a standard and your move action for other stuff). It really shines when you combine it with other spheres. Fencing (Fast Feint + Expert Feint) and Scoundrel (DW w/ Tricky Combo and Scoundrel with the Mug talent for two off-hand attacks AND a dirty trick).

If you want really, really pure damage though, Blooded Knight Cavalier w/ Order of the Flame is retardedly strong since it gives you ALL DAY challenge

What are some things a low-STR wizard could use an immovable rod for? What about two of them? Are they worth buying, or are they just meme items?

>low-STR wizard
Use it as a pull-up bar.

Climbing.

Can you make crossbows not suck without wasting half your feats?

Asking for an Alchemist, who wants to deliver poisons and explosive missiles by crossbow.

Is a bratty elf teen witch too cliche? How can spicy it?

Make her a witch (Male)

Let's see, what would a /pfg/-goer tell you to do...
Make her hermaphroditic

>some things a low-STR wizard could use an immovable rod for?
Jamming a door
Climbing a wall
Holding up a cauldron
Breaks for the wagon
Tripping someone

Play her ridiculously straight. Be the pluncky comic relief.

Ask promemetheanfag.

Homebrew that bows require more feats to use than crossbows.

I suggested that, and my DM pointed out that low-STR wizards can't do pull ups. So, no climbing. Plus Fly is a thing. Making an impromptu ladder is what I always hear people talk about doing with immovable rods, but that seems kind of pointless by the time you could reasonably have two. I could use it to barricade doors effectively, and I guess if I were to glue it to something I could stick that something up in the air. With two I could hang a hammock way up high, out of reach of ambushes on the ground and no doubt fall out of bed to great injury.

What's the best class/way to play an investigator (If investigator, what archetype) from a Lovecraftian horror story, stuck in the RWBY setting?

ive been invited to a pathfinder game by someone in my class. What do I need to know?

>Lovecraftian
Do you mean the meme definition or the kind of story HPL actually told?

I'm talking about doing detective work/ visiting universities, learning shit I shouldn't and trying to come to grips with it and never being able to go back to living a sane normal life.

Oh, I think I might throw in some Delta Green as well.

Ask him what 3pp is allowed for the game, peruse d20pfsrd for the basic idea of the rules. Don't build a monk.

Describe the game you'll ve playing in

can witches be male dwarves who use beard hair to grapple enemies?

Yes. In fact, I'd say that may be an excellent way to Witch

Humans with handlebar mustaches are also top tier users of prehensile hair.

Bunch of low-life refugees turned self-employed, roaming mercs with rather low values, shamelessly ambitious, surprisingly meticulous, prone to scheming and fighting like bandits, who weren't exactly what the GM was expecting from novices.

Blingmaker pls go

TLDR of my purpose here:

Do I play D & D or pathfinder as an absolute newbie to table top rpgs?

Go

DnD.

D&D 5e. It is infinitely more newbie friendly than PF. Once you've had more experience, if you feel like you desire a more intensive character creation minigame experience and want to go even crazier with options, then start looking into PF or GURPS.

Personally, I like Pathfinder, even though D&D is the much better made game. Mostly because I love the sheer breadth of options for character creation even if many of the options aren't all that great. It's a pile of shit, but it's my favorite pile of shit and I genuinely enjoy it

Dip.

The most hated memegame on /pfg/.

Fuck off, PLD.

I hope you guys wipe this Friday and Saturday follows close behind.

Blingmaker seriously pls go.

What initiator and disciplines are best for supporting a party?

Radiant Dawn and Golden Lion

where can I find Radiant dawn?

Warlord with Silver Crane and Golden Lion

Which of the premade modules would be the best choice for inducting young people into pathfinder? Looking for something that starts at level one or two, and isn't too dependent on strong character building or tactical choices in order to survive (newbies are 12 and its their first pen and paper rpg, with one experienced player to help show them the ropes.)

Is Spheres of Might good, bad, or meh? Asking for both in a void, and compared to other pathfinder products (not just 1pp)

Trying to gather up some opinions.

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?528186-Dreamscarred-Press-New-playtest-the-Rajah-an-akashic-initiator!

I think you should just make your own simple linear dungeon. You'll do as much work translating a module to tabletop as you will just making your own dungeon.

Mostly meh.

It's decent from what I've seen, but not nearly as radical as Spheres of Power or Path of War, which has irked some people. It does kill some sacred cows though, and make more ideas viable.

Its okay. Needs errata in a few places, but should otherwise be fine. Doesn't have the damage potential of PoW or 1pp, but has a lot more fun bits and makes proficiencies easier to get. Plus, it can help with giving your Martials a bit more utility than if you used PoW.

I like it, but I can easily see why some wouldn't like it. Plus Dual Wielding Sphere needs to be fixed pronto. Otherwise, it does a lot of good to make more builds and playstyles viable

It's obsessed with killing Full Attacks, almost to its own detriment. It's also been stated by devs that, in order to appeal to the paizotard audience, they held back on actually unfucking many feats. It's probably better than 1pp, but it'll require extensive houserules even after the errata.

>Kalsgard is divided into nine districts, called city quarters
Why is this allowed?

Because Paizo can't count. Why else do you think the system is so fucked?

>but it'll require extensive houserules even after the errata.
Eh, the only bouserule I could see it needing is being able to consider one single attack in your Full Attack as an Attack Action, and thus make most of the Sphere abilities actually combo with Full Attacks to maintain both damage and combat utility.

Also, maybe replacing the backpack abilities of the Scholar with its Not Bardic Knowledge ability instead

What's wrong with the dual wielding sphere besides the missing associated feat?

>This is how I affable villains

>Associated feats do not act as the feat, and sometimes the talent is worse than the associated feat in question (slow scaling competence bonus that can't stack with the feat itself)
>seriously the battered condition being pushed so hard as a solution for stopping maneuvers from provoking AoO's is stupid
>TWF sphere is not actually associated with TWF at all because "if you want to full attack just take the feats"
>Vital Strike works with the majority of attack action sphere abilities
>classes are designed with "ew no don't touch full attacks" as an explicit design decision RIP Mystic Magus
>Sslarn

What does it kill that people worshiped? What's more viable than before?

Oh. Yeah, I've noticed a lot of spheres do practically no damage. With how much they mention it, it seems like they want people to use the Vital Strike line over everything else.

Dual Wielding looks incredibly weak to me. Am I missing something? Or is that what needs to be fixed about it?

>Or is that what needs to be fixed about it?
Bingo
>>Associated feats do not act as the feat
That's what I'm praying gets Errata'd, and that ssalard is kept as far away from the Errata and future products as possible

>it seems like they want people to use the Vital Strike line over everything else.

I wouldn't mind the push for vital strike so much if they had a bar with a ruleset that automatically granted it to you, and there was an alternative version for people who aren't (or can't) stacking weapon dice super hard. Can I get the option to just add like, an extra 1/2 level to damage instead of the dice thing at BAB +6? Scaling up to 1x level at +11, then 1.5x level at +16? Please?

>That's what I'm praying gets Errata'd, and that ssalard is kept as far away from the Errata and future products as possible
Ahahaha no Sslarn is the loudest fucking voice in the GitP thread and he is elbow deep in the entire system's asshole.

so shifters out, saw someone post this

For one thing you can spend a talent to get +2 plus half you BAB armor bonus while unarmored. No monk dip required.

or you can ignore that shit-feat and get a stat to AC or use your WBL on bracers of armor.

"Shifter claws increase"
what a boring ass name

Honestly, knowing that it gets Wis-to-AC, I'm... Almost hopeful for it. It doesn't get spells, which is honestly pretty fucking stupid, but until I can get a bead on what the fuck the aspects actually do. I really hope they're not just reflavored Hunter aspects, because that would suck.

Anyone else remember when Paizo said they were going to make shifter a 4th level Caster? Looks like we all got boozled

it's a talent. it's worth nothing.

M-maybe it has a second table!

Oh, no, it clearly gets 4th casting when it takes the archetype where it gives up wild shape

we need the full details. Where's leakanon when you need them

So, forgive me if I'm late to the party but I haven't been paying much attention to Paizo lately and this is the first I've heard of Ultimate Wilderness. So there's a new class...and it's just a Druid that trades animal companion and spells for a high BAB. Plus of course there's archetypes, spells and magic items...all of which are guaranteed to suck because for years Paizo has been completely averse to making content that people will actually use. Why do people keep buying this shit?

They don't.

That would be why there are three seperate repositories of pirated material, user.

No but dude, it gets claws as a class feature, and Monk AC! Don't forget the alignment lock a druid has, you're a NATURE GIRL after all! What do you mean "that's fucking stupid" and "this isn't what we wanted"? You asked for a wildshaping martial! Ranger? What's that?

Someone has to be, Paizo's still in business.

Subscription dollars from Paidrones who either don't know any better, don't actually play outside of PFS, or are so twisted and mental that they actually believe in the Monte Cooke philosophy of gaming, or people who whenever anyone disagrees with them they just refuse all criticisms to anything they like by screaming about TRIGGERS at the top of their lungs due to being intolerant and incapable of introspection.

Honestly, I'm surprised Ssalarn hasn't jumped ship and gotten a job with Paizo yet

So, Holy Book or Relic Collector? Which Inquisitor Archetype is better? The only apparently major difference between them is that Holy Book used Interchangeably but loses Initiative, while Relic Collector loses Domain/Inquisition shenanigans but has greater buff versitility.

Also, is there a difference between which is better in the pre-level 5 and post-level 5 game?

pfg what sort of quests do you wanna play through or run yourself? not a full campaign or even book, but something that your party finds themselves or something assigned

>SoM doesn't do pure damage.
Berserker sphere base ability my good man.

I want to GM a group exploring a castle, finding shortcuts, knocking down a tower with a ballista just to make a path. But I know fly, various divination spells, and other wizard shenanigans would take all the magic out of it.

turn the tower into a defensive stronghold that requires some brute forcing from the bottom up or the ballista to bring it down, if they try and fly in, the hold out forces/defenses take aim

>spells, and other wizard shenanigans would take all the magic out of it.
No, they would.be adding magic to it

I kinda wanted it to be abandoned, maybe just guarded by a few derelict constructs.

Har har.

Well, just have a party of either low levels or no full-casters

I was just in that thread the other day, Sslarn seemed surprised that they didn't count as feats initially. Regardless, Jolly put down that talents with associated feats should count for prerequisites and the errata should make it as such. I mean, why even have associated feats at all if they didn't actually mean anything?

They don't actually act as the feats they're associated with, is the thing. If you take something whose associated feat is Improved Trip, it is not actually improved trip.

Clarification: talents count as feats only for prerequisites for other feats, not for prestige classes. Seems they're following Paizo's example on this one, for...just worse.

See

The point still stands, they are not actually the feat in question, counting for prereqs is meaningless if it's worse than the feat it attempts to replicate.

Not sure about Royal Accuser, but of the three choices, I'd defiantly pick Sanctified Slayer.