Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/qE0u2
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-Drakesworn-Templar-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gw holiday catalogue
>no new nurgle
>no new model bundles

fug

Where is the holiday catalogue?

where?

link?

Even more work on my wheel! Taking it really slow so I don't make glaring mistakes and also because I haven't actually painted a real mini in probably close to 15 years.

Finished up the wheels. I'm not too happy with the rats inside, they feel too bright. I did them with Mournfang brown, tyrant skull lightly brushed, then ratskin flesh for the tail and then an agrax wash. Its the same motif I did for my couple of clanrats and I wanted to keep them the same, but they just seem too bright. I may go back and give them another coat of mournfang and another wash to try to darken it, I'm also seeing spots on the tails that I missed now.

Otherwise it's happily coming together

its in the back of novembers white dwarf

i would take photos but its literally just scenery bundles, paint bundles, and new hobby tools

Please take pics user I love pics

I want to see the new $50 Official Citadel Box cutter.

Here you go

imgur.com/a/qE0u2

>catalog with no prices visible
Really activates the almonds, don't it?

They did the same thing last year. All the prices were in a spreadsheet at the back of the catalogue, but they're not in the WD

just assume normal MSRP for everything why would it be less

Ok, that painting handle might be useful. It certainly looks more ergonomic than pill bottles

GAMES WORKSHOP BRANDED WATER POT

A CUP

A CUP FOR YOUR WATER

Yeah, I might get one.
Right now I use a SOLO cup.

Mate they've done that for years now
I will admit it's a decent way to keep people from drinking out of your filthy ass paint cup

>not using the bottom of a dragon dildo

That's more expensive than one can even joke about the painting handles likely price

tfw you moved apartments and your mom came to help you move but since she was gonna pack while you were at work you couldnt risk her finding your dragon daldos so you had to throw them all out

:( feels badman

what am i gonna use to hold warhammer figs now

Why the Citadel© Paynt© handle of course!

Remember, they come in 3 sizes: Marine, Primaris© and Titan!
Get all three, or else.

2k Skryre:

Allegiance: Skaven Skryre
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Esoteric Warp Resonator
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Doom Flayer Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
- Allies
Doomwheel (130)
Doomwheel (130)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Arkhspark Voltik (50)
Clan Skryre (100)
Whyrlblade Threshik (50)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 200 / 400

Thoughts?

Makes me remember how much I hate the Battleline choices for Skyre since for everything but a Gascloud Chokelung, you're forced to bring along some useless Poisoned Wind Globadiers or else GW jews you into running Stormfiends and more Stormfiends.

here's hoping for aelves release for Christmas.

The elf release is already confirmed for Blood Bowl

Not even the slightest chance. AoS most likely isn't getting anything this year now. This month is going to be taken up with the last 2 Shadespire boxes, and then Necromunda, and I can't see them releasing any new lines in December.
They will likely just release more 40k Codex in that time, since they don't need new models.
I guess it is possible that AoS get a Battletome if it is for an army that doesn't need any new models, but we most likely would have heard something by now if that were the case.

White Dwarf mentions something about "Warhammer Quest Adventure" in the teaser for next months issue, so who knows what that is. Probably some more rules or something for the 2 Warhammer Quest games.

Yeah it's a real shame I can't just take clan rats as battleline and I'm forced to run with acolytes but hey, what can ya do.

I can only get one expansion box for Shadespire, which should I get?

just use an old paint pot (the black hexagon ones of you have any laying about) with some blue tac

Which warband do you want more?

That's tough. I like orcs, I have an army of orks and enjoyed painting them, and will always like painting orcs. But I'm also digging the Warden Model. He looks kind of like a sickass skeleton chaos champion, and I think he could be a decent model for my frequent Realms of Chaos campaigns.

My hands are too big for that to be comfy
They're only $30 each. Not exactly breaking the bank there

I'm just gonna roll for it
0-4 BONE ZONE
5-9 GREEN IZ BEST

I just got into this game coming from 40k. The gw manager I talk to said that I could mix any of the order units I like. I figured that was similar to the Imperium keyword in 40k where you can mix and match but lose bonuses for not just picking one army. So I got the Hammerhal box and the Seraphon start collecting as those all contain the units I like the most visually. What would be good additions for the Seraphon, Stormcast and regular humans? I'm not sure what units are decent or what the ones I got are really good at.

I'm tempted to pick up some greenies since i've always wanted an excuse to play orks but since i have a skaven army i couldn't bring myself to buy another horde army. So how is shadespire anyway? Is it more in depth than gorechosen?

>where you can mix and match but lose bonuses for not just picking one army
>laughinggwmanagers.jpg
You poor bastard... You trusted retail.

Was he wrong? If so I can just start two small armies. I really like the dino boys and the humans and gold mens.

Some Ironweld arsenal artillery might be a good idea, as might some Collegiate Mages.
I'd build up the size of your Guard and Handgunners units to max size.
Bastilodons are great fun, I'd recommend one, and I'd recommend a Slann for good magic support for everyone.
I don't have a lot of advice for stormcast, but I do think you should get whatever you thinka looks cool. Most stormcast builds are fairly viable, so grab whatever you think is coolest. Winged guys, Bird riders, vanguard, they all have been good whrn I olayed against them.

Don't listen to shitposters. Mixed armies like yours have won major tournaments twice this year.

Lizardmen can only ally Stormcast, if you want don't want to lose the assorted benefits of running Lizardmen, and even then it'll just be 400 points of Stormcast. The only way you can run Lizardmen and Stormcast and Empire would be running generic Order which means you can't use the special Allegiance abilities -- in the case of Order, read: Strictly superior abilities -- that Empire, Stormcast, and Lizardmen all get.

You are given more freedom in units, but lose out. The more specific Allegiances usually get some form of the Grand Alliance's basic rule, in addition to more.

If you can only take 1 Drakesworn Templar in your list - which weapon choice do you go for and why?

What's better?

Hero phase before movement or psychic phase after movement?

Static wound rolls or wounds based on a s/t comparison? Both systems allow for roll modifiers.

Should you get to target heroes like anyone else or should they have extra defenses that make them harder to pick out?

Basically asking which system is better 40k or AOS?

Thanks for the info, I'll check those units out.
Ah okay. Sounds about right. 40k has those kinds of things too. The "soup" lists mixing and matching.
I see. Well it sounds like I will do an all order army at first until I buy more then maybe I will just do Seraphon and Stormcast. Thanks.

I'd magnetize them personally. What are their statistics?

>physic phase after movement
The best example for that is the Brutefist, and I'm sure there are other abilities like it as well. Basically, you can end up with shit that tosses out the ability to charge before you've actually been able to move, so it's usually worthless unless your opponent decided to use their turn to get themselves into your charge range. Being able to move into place to use abilities always feels more rewarding than being bound by last turn's movement.
>static wound rolls
Keep this shit beer-and-preztels, keep it light. It's the same reason I prefer KoW over 9th Age. Allow tactics to occupy all of your brain, rather than comparing Strength to Toughnesses of all possible targets. There's really no need for in 8th either, other than it being a sacred cow.
>extra defenses
Perhaps not in every army, but having Look Out Sir! equivalents at least more common would be much appreciated. They already exist on some things -- Necromancer's Undead Minions rule sticking out most clearly -- and while I could see Ironjawz not giving a shit and daring you to shoot their general, Freeguild and Dwarves and really a great deal of Order seem like they should have something like it. Maybe instead of just giving it to Heroes, give it to protective units. An addition to Greatsword but not handgunners and crossbows, for example.
>40k or AoS
Neither. Both have good, both have bad.

aos

Why the fuck would nurgle need new models?

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-Drakesworn-Templar-en.pdf

Take the lance, extra range and similar enough damage.

We still need plastic Beasts, a plastic GUO, and Rotnringers need expansion.
We also don't have a God Battletome like Blades of Khorne or Disciples of Tzeentch.

Have 'em follow behind your clanrats and throw some poisony goodness at whatever gets stuck in.
You won't think they're useless much after that.

The hammer is better against hordes, but the lance demolishes monsters. If you play against monsters more often, take lance, if you always play against hordes take hammer.
I'd recommend just magnetizing it and switching it before games personally.

>magnetizing it and switching it before games personally
people who do this are really annoying

Spotted the GW stockholder.

kys famalam

I am not suggesting you get two/three models your twat. Tailoring your list/models for your opponent just before the game does make you That Guy.

Rate my new meme.

Why is he so fucking symmetrical?

>Still uses models from warhammer fantasy
>Most armies use models from warhammer fantasy

Photoshop dickwad

It's a testament to age of sigmar's reputation that one would think that is an actual model

If an opponent for a casual game shows up with a huge army and no movement trays is it acceptable to refuse to play against them since it is clear they are going to slow play?

Is this Grimnir?

NuGW does seem to have a thing for symmetry. Even the new 40k line has symmetry in places it shouldn't.

Why is it so heavily armoured? Aren't they orcs shouldn't there armour be more ramshackle or at least more dirty looking? Same thing with these models.

Can all nu-GW do is crete different types of space marines?

Those were originally black orcs.

black orcs were from the mid 2000s but were reboxed and rebranded as 'ardboyz for aos

nice try though

Newfag extreme spottec

movement trays or not if they have more than 50 models for a 2000 point list I would think twice about playing with them. I don't want a game to last four hours.

Is it better to bring a Freeguild general on horse to get the two extra attacks, but thus leave him vulnerable to mortal wound sniping, or is it better to take the freeguild general on foot so he can hide behind a block or two of troops, thus making him unseeable and thus not having to worry about getting sniped?

Any freeguild players have preferences or experience on this?

from up on a vortex they can see over most troops anyway

Luckily for me, my skaven opponent that I face doesn't have one(yet.)

you got me I'm an user from /twg/

Unless he's on a griffon, he should be doing the fighting anyhow. Sit his ass behind your troops.

The game is designed for this speed. Gw do not tell us to use trays or sell them.

Im new to the game and have about 100 models in my army. It's not nice to refuse to play opponents that are new.

Maybe you just suck against hordes and this is your way of avoiding embarrassment?

kek

Schedule for GT2018 is announced, and i'm considering going. thing is, it seems huge, and therefore i'm curious about the skill level of players attending... is it like 80 noobs and 40 pros at each heat?

>>no new model bundles
I want to punch them in da face. I really hoped for wanderers and bonesplitterz bundles desu

Guys I need some motivation for painting my Ghorgon when I get home from work, please motivate me.

You get better rolls for painted models mate - everyone knows it

You'll get a few (you) from us.

why not just put them all in your car under the seats in a bag instead of thowing £300 of silicone away.
Anyone else find it wierd that both GW and BD are british?

Which is a better name for a Pestilens thrall clan, "Clan Skurj" or "Clan Anfrakz"?

Why not both?
>Clan Skufrakz

Anfrankz would be better suited to eschin desu

yes. very.

>Clan Ann Franks

on a roll of a six you deal a mortal wound, and stealthily escape back to your hidden lair.

Clan Franz will invent steam powered gas chambers to put you in.

> no terminator, dreadnought, or Knight size
Your slipping user! STEADY

CAD strikes again!
Alternatively
The Chad CAD sculpt
Perfectly symmetrical
The Virgin Hand scuplt
Imprecise asymmetrical proportions

/v/ermin out got

Holy shit real dorfs would cringe at hollow blades.

Skaven are pretty jewery, but stormkikes are more heebtastic

Is that a real model or a photoshop?

If you have to ask...

Paint it black, so that you can have a big black bull.