Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Veeky Forums cannot into math edition

Glorious Tyranid News
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=v0uSHdE30RU

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for Korne

Blood angels are good you dummies

Are there any good proxies for Steel legion outside yellow Death Korps?

Reposting cus new thread

Tell me what you guys think of this list, inb4 "FW Nazi" I play 30k

Blood angels 2000/2000 108 PL 7CP

Officio assasinorum detachment
2x vindicare assassin (180 points)

Battalion detachment +3cp
HQ
Primaris Librarian (105 points)
Librarian in Terminator Armor (163 points)
>force axe and storm bolter

TROOPS
2x5 intercessor squad (202 points)
>Bolt rifle, grenade launcher

2x5 Scouts (180 points)
>sniper rifle and camo cloak

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Rapier Carrier (170 points)
>Quad Launcher

1x Relic Leviathan Dreadnought (309 points)
>2x Grav Flux Bombard, 2x heavy flamer

ELITES
5x Sternguard veterans (165 points)
>4x combi meltal, 1x storm bolter, 1x plasma pistol

FLYER
Stormraven Gunship (322 points)
>2x Lascannon, Typhoon missile launcher, 2x stormstrike missile, 2x hurricane bolter

Fast attack detachment +1cp

HQ
Sanguinary Priest (69 points)
>bolter and chainsword

FAST ATTACK
3x Tarantula Sentry Gun ( 135 points)
>Assault Cannon

First for Red Terror the Vore Machine.

So I've been outta the loop for awhile. How is the Nid codex shaping up? Are Dakkafexs and Dakkarants back on the menu? Anything partially spicy that'd work well with GSC?

This came up in a game today.
What happens if you roll a 1 on the first roll.
Do you continue to roll them all out?
Do you stop if one is Feel No Pained off.
Do you only stop after you roll each of the +1s?
Posting in both to get an answer.

great, yes, everything

>oral vore

How pedestrian

Whats the consensus on using the same strategem multiple times before the game starts?

>This came up in a game today.
Probably accurate
>What happens if you roll a 1 on the first roll.
You stop rolling
>Do you continue to roll them all out?
You stop rolling
>Do you stop if one is Feel No Pained off.
You stop rolling
>Do you only stop after you roll each of the +1s?
What?
>Posting in both to get an answer.
You already got an answer

I didn't know pedophilia was an ability in 40k, though, probably pretty weak and just gives re-rolls to hit T'au.

Unless otherwise specified you can use it as many times as you want.

Isn't that the mawlock or whatever it's called?

I was playing Eldar Ulthwe against Death Guard is now mad at me.

>Night fighting by his request for lore reasons.
>His model count is staggeringly low compared to mine so I now feel like a horde as he takes a large group of termies with Typhus and morty among some other things.
>Morty ends up charging a Wave Serpent and due to a combination of my serpent shields and my craftworld trait it only takes 5 wounds.

Even tho I lacked what it took to take down morty he raged quit at that moment and tells me how much he hates fighting Eldar.

He has that fnp save that he was making 3/4ths of the time somehow yet he gets mad at me for finally doing it to him?

for user on old thread

I'm torn.

On the ine hand, your friend is clearly a whiny cunt.

On the other hand, you play Eldar.

Say something, preferably nice, about motley elves.

It's a conversion for the Red Terror based on a Carnifex someone did that is what I am using as a basis for my own atm. Though I am trying to keep mine to a ravener size. I wish the Mawloc had the devour whole ability, because there is no fucking save against it, you just delete a model with d6 or less wounds if 4 scything talons attacks hit (2+ to hit, re-rolling 1's for The Red Terror).

>yet he gets mad at me for finally doing it to him?

your friend is a WAACfag.

>Morty ends up charging a Wave Serpent and due to a combination of my serpent shields and my craftworld trait it only takes 5 wounds.

wave serpent is about as resiliant as his plagueburst crawler and bloat drones.

>El*ar
yuck

All of your questions are literally answered in the image you posted.
>continue until you fail to cause a mortal wound or the enemy unit is destroyed
If you roll a 1 on the first roll you failed to cause a mortal wound and thus stop. It even addresses if the wound is negated.

So it's trash?
Thanks.

This is why we had to have a FAQ stating that 0 is indeed less than half of 10

Were the Astral Claws known for any particular tactics before they went renegade, or were they just a vanilla codex chapter?

It's not amazing but you can reasonably get 2 or three mortal wounds off of it. If you've already cast everything else you could do worse.

pls tell me how.

>Play Deathwatch versus Magnus and Friends
>Rapid Fire 20 Hellfire Round filled Bolters and 2 Frag Cannons into Magnus turn 2
>He fucking bites the dust
>I’m somewhat in shock
>My Opponent picks up the rest of his models and forfeits
>Tells me he doesn’t want to play me again

What the fuck? Why is this such a big deal for some players? He could have wrecked half my army next turn.

Bikes, speeders and tons of guardsmen. They had their own tactics and army list in previous editions.

They weren't autistically fixated on any particular thing, but they had a very large fleet and a specialty in void warfare, as well as a penchant for bikes. IIRC they even got bonuses to bikes in 7th ed in the FW rules.

>Implying that I'm getting more than 1 spell per turn

He sounds like a fgt. Good job.

Okay, so, I am confused on how this works, Red Terror has 2 Scything Talons. Scything Talons lets you make +1 attacks with this weapon if you have more than one pair when you fight with this weapon. So does that mean do you go from 4 attacks with them to 6? (2 with one pair 2 with the other, 5th attack has to be the pincer tail, then both pairs generate 1 additional attack?)

If you're not spamming your comparably cheap psykers, you're doing something wrong.

>implying i use spells like some Tzeentchian faggot and dont use glorious melee
Get good

Why is that Imperial Fist allowing a Genestealer to lick that Redemption cultist?

Alrighty, I kinda figured but wasn't sure if I had missed a faq or something. Thanks for the clarification.

Good on you, man.

I'm sick of these fucking primarchs.

The part you're missing is "select an enemy unit". Smite might be easier to cast and cause more wounds on average, but it can't be targeted.

He put too much hope that Magnus would win him the game, but did little to make sure he didn't get shot to shit by bolters.

He's a scrub

What's a good Russ biased list look like?
Are Infantry Squads with Heavy Weapons good support?

My DG absolutely hates my UMs with Guilliman. I can't blame him but if you're taking Mortarion do you really expect me not to take my Primarch?

inb4 waacfag, we're both really competitive against each other but every game we've played he's raged quit by turn 3.

How do you deal with people openly trading CP at you local gaming store?

What? You mean in games with more than 2 players?

Call Dateline.

How the fuck do you trade CP during a game?

Nothing wrong with trading command points if its a friendly game.

Cheese Pizza yo

Pretty sure it has 6 attacks total. 5 with the Talons and 1 with it's tail. Pretty sure they FAQd it so that Scything Talons only give a bonus attack once regardless of how many pairs you have. Which makes me wonder what the point of the Trygon having 3 pairs is.

Call the police.

Got'em.

Because it's gotta be equipped with what it's modeled with!

Even if it costs more points.

They seem pretty reluctant to give any single model more than 6 attacks for some reason.

My question is would it go to 7+ if you got the 6 or would it stay 6

You never asked that, but yes it would go to a 7+.

How you gonna roll a 7 on a d6 boy?

More prof that the 40k community needs feminism.

There are a few models that hit 6+ but it's usually bigger stuff. I know a daemon prince can hit 7 attacks with two talons and 8 if he takes talons and the Khorne keyword.

Easily

So that would then be base 5 attacks, 1 with the tail, 4 to the talons, then generate +1 attack due to the talons special rule for a total of 6 attacks, 5 with the talons, 1 with the tail. Really stupid that it isn't each pair gives +1 attack, I guess they don't want assault armies to be blenders after planning to add options (post first 3 indexes) to get assault units in real quick. Still 5 dice on a 2+ re-rolling 1's is going to proc Red Terror's ability pretty often, and the +1 to Ravener's to hit rolls in the fight phase is pretty sexy, puts them on a 2+ as well.

Any good books about Spess Mehreens tearing shit up inside Space Hulks?

3 Bullgyrns best load out for meele?
2 2+ and 1 4+ invul?

Actually a DP can get a stupid amount of attacks. Like 10 or more if memory serves.

>he doesn't know what happens when space marines board space hulks

user...

Don't they usually send Terminators?

I think the space hulk game came with a narrative book.

So I updated my list that I posted in the previous thread and I think I fixed a couple issues that I had. Now I'm having entirely different issues. I have 16 units. That means I have to have 8 anchors. I can come up with...6. I can drop Draigo and another character on the table, and he can Gate them up there, possibly? I don't see another way. Also, still unsure if I should take the Culexus or the Terminator Inquisitor. If I take the Culexus, I have exactly enough points to add in another Paladin to a squad, though. So there's that.

So basically my list is
IG Battalion - Stormtroopers

Tempestor Prime - Command Rod, Laurels of Command, Grand Strategist
Tempestor Prime - Command Rod
(3 squads) 10x Scions - Vox Caster, 4x Volleyguns, Tempestor with plasma pistol
(2 squads) Tempestus Command Squad - 4x Plasmaguns
3x Taurox Prime - Storm Bolter, Volleyguns and Gatling Gun

GK Vanguard
Draigo - Vortex, Gate
Apothecary - Warding Stave, Sanctuary
Brotherhood Ancient - Purge Soul
(2 squads) Paladin Squad - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand
Culexus Assassin OR Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Daemonhammer, Combi-melta, Terrify

Unless they FAQ'ed Maleific talons, you start out with 7 with two sets, then cast Diabolical Strength on yourself, to get to 8, drink Intoxicating Elixir to get to 9, then take 3 wounds to get to 12 with the EC Warlord Trait.

Without that you can just take Exalted Champion and start out with 9 and go up to 10 via Diabolical Strength.

Terminators are usually doing key strikes on important locations.

The rest of the hulk is usually assaulted by regular marines.

That doesn't stop the genestealers.

I've got it, it's pretty good. I was just wondering since there are a shitload of 40k novels and I thought I might check some of them out and was wondering if any of them deal with hulks at all.

I'm assuming the story would be something like "We all went in, 95% of us died, we placed some charges and blew the entire fucking thing up but in the end it was worth it because we found the STC to a toaster dating back to the age of strife" or whatever, but you never know until you ask.

Considering MORDIANs units simply gain +1Ld instead of adding 1 to "their Leadership characteristic" like Catachans do...
...can you get to Ld10 with a Lord Commissar?

Who says it's full of genestealers?

Huh, that seems silly. Normal marines seem like they would die rather easy

There's one about the Flesh Tearers and I think the Novamarines going into a hulk and encountering an AI but I can't remember the name at all.

Terminator Armor isn't really that great for fighting in cramped corridors, standard marines in power armor would be significantly more maneuverable and are generally more successful when they are used instead.

The problem is that many areas of a Space Hulk tend to be soaked in insane amounts of radiation, so Terminator Armor is required because it's the only thing marines have that can mitigate it. Also, many key areas of a Space Hulk are so buried or completely blocked off from the outside that they require Terminator armor because it's the only armor marines have that can withstand teleportation.

What other things usually appear on Space Hulks?

No, because you're not modifying the Commissar's Ld., and that's what you're using for the unit.

What the FUCK would pulse blasters look like in SWA? How much would they cost?
(Sorry for low quality paint image, literally just threw this together)

Chaos Marines and demons sometimes hitch a ride on them, as do Orks.

Also they sometimes have the remnants of whatever automated defense systems existed on the ships/space stations that comprise the Hulk.

>SWA

whats that?

>Terminator Armor isn't really that great for fighting in cramped corridors, standard marines in power armor would be significantly more maneuverable and are generally more successful when they are used instead.

What do you benefit from movement when there's no room to move into? TDA and MkIII were specifically built for conditions where you can't duck into cover.

Isn't that what Space Crusade is about, non-Terminators in space hulks? Terminators take the shock missions in the most hostile and cramped locations, regular marines handle the other areas.

No point in sacrificing only your elites. Didn't BA get fucked badly at some space hulk? Surely they didn't put them all into TDA.

Well you don't wanna lose ALL of your super rare terminator armor against whatever is inside of the hulk. And it's not always Genestealers, so you don't need to worry about rending claws.

I think they'll last just as long as the terminators while they face down the bulk of the swarm.

Shadow War: Armageddon

A ded gaem

Shadow War Armageddon. Otherwise known as "We're releasing this game to be the new Necromunda so everyone will go out and buy it and we're not going to support it at all and then we're gonna announce actual Necromunda four months later".

Shadow War: Armageddon.

>Rapid Fire 20 Hellfire Round filled Bolters and 2 Frag Cannons into Magnus turn 2

How does that even happen?

More like "Necromunda with all of the models you bought."

Look at 2e stats. That's what SWA is based off of.

>Didn't BA get fucked badly at some space hulk? Surely they didn't put them all into TDA
Dont they have like dark angels level of Terminator armour?

A game that used to have it's own general so I didn't have to shit up this thread to figure out how to play some warhammer with my poorfag friend

Who was in the wrong here?

>Proxying shitlegion with GodLy DKOK,

Kys.

Terminators in Space Hulks generally have to plod around in single file and have limited weapon options. There are also a lot of places they can't go due to their size. Meanwhile you could have a hallway being filled with a barrage of fire from 4+ marines instead of a single Storm Bolter.

Also yeah the Blood Angels got fucked and lost like 80+% of their chapter to a single Space Hulk, if I remember right it was the Sin of Damnation from the Space Hulk game, which then fucked off back to the warp. It reappeared 80 years later and they boarded it again and blew it up to regain their lost honor in the Vengeance of the Blood Angels game though.

The authors.

Looks like the Blasters didn't even exist back in 2e. Thanks for the tip tho

Maybe I want a way to be able to run both.

Yeah, that makes sense.

The best option for SWA gameplay now is to just use the 8th Edition Killteam Rules from GW for gameplay but with some of SWA's rules for campaign progression.