Oh no Veeky Forums, your character has been captured by Avak!

Oh no Veeky Forums, your character has been captured by Avak!
Avak can use his mind to create a perfect living prison for his enemies which would counter any powers or abilities they could possibly use.
What does your characters prison look like, and how do they escape?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1CTPC02n0c
youtu.be/VoFulqXIF7o
dropbox.com/s/61f6a68645pwx8o/Bionicle RPG Lost Chronicles.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>will counter the powers of any foe
Welp, someone tell /a/ One Punch Man has been dethroned.

I only really followed the first wave of bionical as a kid when they were just robots surfing on lava and shit. I didn't realize they went full deviantart
Isn't his disappointment from defeating tough looking things in one punch his greatest counter though?

He's got plenty of Counters.
He-man is the most powerful man in the universe and it's generally accepted that his power scales to be whatever it needs to be to defeat his opponent.

My character has no power and considers living around simpletons a prison, nothing changes

>Turns off her cybernetics
>Blind, one armed woman with cerebral palsy.
>Prison is 4' tall fence with a child-proof latch.

He uses his mind to literally make a "living prison" out of thin air. He would just make a slightly bigger one over the previous cage once you turn on your cyberware.

Also, what the fuck is a living prison? Is it just an adaptable cage? Or an actual biological being?

they didn't really go deviantart though, the piraka's biggest downfall was that they were all selfish retards and spent the entire time they should have been fighting the good guys, backstabbing eachother and trying to seize all the loot for themselves
so yeah they have stupid powers but its counterbalanced by the fact that all the villains act like selfish shitheads and the lower powered good guys have to work together to overcome them

My hot blooded paladin gets so hot blooded he uses powers he DOESN'T have in order to escape whilst screaming about how the stars call for justice

I call for my party to knock him out?

I think that hole on the top of his head counts as a third eye, my Culter-Dei gets so fucking pissed at the mere thought of Jians that no prison can contain him.

yo yo piraka

No, they really did go pretty Deviantart. The whole Piraka/Barrakai saga was accompanied by this sort of "hip, edgy" rebranding and music of the sort that you'd expect to see listed in the "Theme song" section of a Sonic OC's character sheet, next to some Linkin Park and anime OPs.

I remember them shilling those rubber "living masks" and "lightning swords" as if they were the coolest thing ever. What made masks and weapons cool was how different they were, buncha morons.

I mean sure, Piraka had a gang/rap motif. But each did have a unique weapon and face mold, with a secondary launcher that wasn't unique.
Barraki's themesong was "Creeps from the Deep" which if anything was a little reminiscent of evanescence and they were the first series of sets to have entirely unique designs from each other.
Inika had the lightning swords and living masks, which were still all as different as previous generations masks.
Weapons could have been a little more unique, but they still as unique as the OG toa (Flame sword, Ice Blade, Crossbow, Harpoon gun, Laser Drill and Axe)
And their theme song was by All American Rejects, which was practically a pop-band at the time.

It's an arena filled with endless foes who are just tough enough to be satisfying kills, without actually being able to take her down. She breaks free when she puts down the gun or learns the value of life or some lame shit like that, at which point it just becomes an unbreakable force cage. Fiat power is a bitch.

>Just a normal cell, but he doesn't have his component pouch or foci with him.

I like the endless arena of mooks, especially because a hero might not even realize its a prison for some time.

You can't capture someone who doesn't exist.
You especially can't capture a person who doesn't exist when you have to deal with Azidoazide Azide golems appearing out of thin air every few seconds.
Non-existence has it's perks

Toa Inika kinda sucked, they were total clones with gimmicky, chunky, overdesigned light-up swords
Barraki on the other hand are some of my favourite sets, really cool and unique designs

The problem with the living masks was they weren't really masks anymore, they were just faces. Masks were cool because you could collect the different ones and swap them around for different powers, but in canon the Inika couldn't do that. The lightning swords were definitely not as unique as the originals either- Pohatu had boots, Gali had hooks, Kopaka had a sword and board, Onua had claws. I understand there were limitations presented by the lighting gimmick but that's really a flaw of the gimmick in the first place.

was bionical the one where they'd be a motorcycle with a robot head and sort of fling the front tire?

You're probably thinking of Slizers.

She finally becomes queen, and her subjects are too loyal to accept abdication.

I don't think they put that much thought into the lore of a random bionicle mate, just enough to make it sounds cool so kids want to buy it.

I totally get what you mean though, can we kill the prison? Is it sapient? Or does he just form a cell out of thin air because the meaning of that word changes everything.

top meme

They really did though, bionicle lore is famous for being crazy in depth.

These are Roboriders tho.

My power is to escape any prison and to negate any power that disables that power.

What happens now?

A loving wife, children, and a job he enjoys.
He doesn't escape.

Depends which goes on the stack first.

His power doesn't disable powers though?

I think his has priority since it's passive and the other one has to be activated

Bionicle was good. Unfortunately left a little vague, but good.

This. The plastic was shit quality but the Barraka builds were literally the best six-man lineup ever to grace Bionicle.

never saw this image, makes understanding what little i remember of the story a little bit better

The prisons power beats both of those powers.
The Prison -counters- your powers, both of them. Probably leaving you trapped inside an infinite series of slightly bigger prisons one inside the other.

That's pretty much how they beat him in lore desu
In a vacuum the 6 piraka are OP as fuck, it took 2 teams of toa and tons of infighting for them to lose.

> the 6 piraka

don't forget they had a kickass theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=K1CTPC02n0c

lol kickass with a degree of irony should have mentioned that in case somebody takes me seriously

>it looks like the Chad meme

Virgin Mata-Nui vs Chad Makuta?

The problem is I'm not sure how much is legit, and how much is fan theory and cobbling mentions of ideas together.

Its real, I've got one of the later books that had that map.

A room with a single door.
The door has a handle.
it's a push door

This picture is fully canon I believe

Bionicle had great worldbuilding

I liked throwbots better than bionicles, though the first gen bionicle with the sword and shield was cool

it's 100% legit and was in fact planned from the very beginning
2001 was great in general

Slizers gen 1 were great.

>does that make me crazy?

I'm pretty sure the original makuta was already larger than mata nui anyway

Seeing Makuta lived inside Mata-Nui?
Nope.

Escape by not using any of my special powers

Anyone else ever think of adapting the Skakdi/Piraka to other settings?

>fleshy bits on anything Bionicle

It's not like they're all canonically fleshy inside the mechanical components or anything.

I don't... think they are? I don't remember them ever mentioning biological components in the old paperbacks. Granted I haven't read those things in like a decade.

How's that work with them reassembling other bionicles n' stuff?

they're supposed to be biomechanical user
bionicle = bionic chronicle

The comics never went in depth but there's occasional allusions to their inner organs in the books. According to the author, most of the toys from the 2001-08 setting were canonically 15% organic, and those in the '09 setting were 85% organic. Some were fully robotic, but I assume some like the Piraka had more organic parts due to their fleshy faces and spines.
The Makuta species "evolved" to be fully mechanical, but there's a scene where one gets forcibly de-evolved back to his part-organic state, and as a result his armor crushes most of his innards and muscles.

There's a lot of handwaving going on with how rebuilding works, but basically their muscles and stuff come apart and reform when they reconfigure their metal parts. But this notion of characters rebuilding themselves and forming combiners got less attention over time.

Bionicle = Biological Chronicle fyi, as shown in

I believe that most had organic muscles, lungs, hearts, and brains.
This video does a good job showing how they were probably constructed. youtu.be/VoFulqXIF7o

2001 CGI was awesome for its time.

They tried adapting them to a Batman setting.

They're supposed to be a bit more robot-like than organic, but I think they're organic on enough of a level that they can interact with it? It's weird because things that are fully organic - like the Bohrok's Krana - are pretty unique, and the plants seem mostly organic but kind of mechanical, which is in contrast to the seemingly entirely mechanical bionicle.

Then again, especially after Mata Nui things got a lot more mechanical and industrial and less organic, so fuck it.

Bob Thompson, one of the brand's co-creators, once said that we're meant to imagine the Bionicle world as going through a gradual "evolution" from organic to robotic. I'm not sure if this was to be taken literally or if he was just making an analogy, but clearly some sort of mix between the two was always part of the core concept. It was just insufficiently expressed in the media and almost never expressed in the toys.
But it was interesting how the characters were confused when they found stuff like organic squid eggs. On one hand, it almost makes me wish that the contrast between organic and tech received a bigger emphasis in the storyline. On the other, that could have easily given people flashbacks of Beast Machines, so maybe it's better that they never explored it that deeply.

Ah, but can he deal with my powers when I CHANGE FORMS?

Alternatively, what if I just get a HIGHER POWER LEVEL?!?

EPIC

I have a theory that all of dragonball saiyan saga and onwards could be better if you replaced the heroes with LITERALLY ANY OTHER CHARACTERS.

ALL of my powers? Even the bad ones?

fuck, I got that

Bionicles are bioorganic. Remember that Gali's mask lets her breathe underwater, while a part of the 2007 setting was that the Matoran of Mahri Nui had their city inside an air bubble and harvested air from some sort of plant. I can remember at least a few mentions of lungs when it came to underwater stuff. Back during the Bohrok storyline, I think it was Nuparu who speculated that the Bohrok were some sort of alternative evolution to Matoran, where the mechanical parts (the Bohrok) and the organic parts (the Krana) had become entirely seperate.

Agori, Glatorian and Skrall were, I think, mentioned to have been born (mostly) organic and added more mechanical parts to themselves as they got older. Remember that, for most of them at least, their sets had actual heads with faces, and they just wore helmets (which is why the axle hole was on top). Though, this made them a particular victim of the "the lore takes place over 100,000 years" bullshit. At least with the Matoran Universe inhabitants they were mostly robotic so its sort of justified (still shitty writing though). With the Bara Magna inhabitants, despite the fact they were meant to be more like actual people and the world they lived in was meant to be super harsh, they'd all still somehow survived from the ancient war in the lore.

Honestly 2009 was a really cool setting. I remember being upset at the time about the break from the Matoran Universe, but it in hindsight it was a breath of fresh air for the setting.

eh, I think 2009 should have been the big finale with everyone fighting to take back control of Mata Nui's body
while Bara Magna was a breath of fresh air, it also complicated the already complex setting even further, and then the 2010 finale was pretty underwhelming

Bara Magna could have worked. A mix between a classical ancient Greece/Rome type setting and Mad Max, with monumental relics of ancient lore and weird monsters strewn across the place, and hidden secrets underneath the ground. It just didn't get enough time to establish itself that well, and fans were upset that it took focus away from the previous setting. We got to learn and love the island of Mata Nui through years of stories and gradual exploration. Bara Magna was too much to take in under a short time, and right when fans were getting used to it, they brought in Mata Nui. Then Lego canceled the line, allowing for even less time for expansion.
Maybe it could have worked better as a Bionicle spinoff or a sequel of sorts, rather than an abrupt new chapter. The setting and basic idea was fine but it was handled badly. It's just one example of Bionicle's hectic storytelling.

I think I'd just do what I end up doing with most settings - picking and choosing what I like, ignoring what I don't. It's not like it matters that much, since I've never seen a Bionicle RPG work out or anything.

just pretend the series ended on 2008

Good, and yes I can. Took me a moment.

I haven't looked at bionicle script in years so it took me a moment, but wow. Brings back memories of encoding my notes in it.

It kills them.
They don't.

Anyone ever come up with a Bionicle Pen and Paper? Bionicle has kinda sprung up recently in TG, but I haven't herd mention of any Traditional Games to come out of them, well accept for the occasional board game and that time they added spin downs to their backs during the Mask of Life phase.

I was part of a group that formed on Skype once that made an attempt at a system. It wasn't horrible as far as I could tell, but it started losing steam after we started trying to figure out specific elemental powers.

I don't remember much of it, but I was kinda proud at how creative things were without getting too obnoxious and jumbled. It wasn't just a d20 system or something.

There was a bionicle RPG posted here a week or so ago. Maybe check 4plebs or sup/tg/ for it.
I've been meaning to play it to see if its good or not. As of right now, I don't know if its a good system or if we should overhaul it.

Man, I needed the guide to get started but past the first word it just clicked into place and I read the rest on my own.

Found it. Bionicle RPG Lost Chronicle.
dropbox.com/s/61f6a68645pwx8o/Bionicle RPG Lost Chronicles.pdf?dl=0

I feel like Fate could work well for it. Elemental powers as Aspects?

Comfy as fuck

Yo yo piraka reporting in.

I remember that. I feel guilty for just lurking. It seemed really professional from my point of view.

In between Yo Yo Piraka and Great Spirit here

>still on BZPower
Isn't that place basically a cult of homeschooled weirdos?

It was, at one time. Around 2014-ish, it turned into an sjw hellhole, but now it's just a regular underattended fansite with a few autistic kids, some Lego dicksuckers and a handful normal members.
At least, that's what the forums are. I don't dare delve into the blogs.

Sounds like here.

So He-Man and Old School Superman share the same power?

I feel guilty that I said that I'd work on ice powers but then real life shit happened and I never did.

Even then, I'm not a creative man. I just wanted something that was good enough that could make my childhood 'cool custom Toa' come to life.