Original superpowers

ITT: Interesting and unusual superpowers.
Any power level from situational at best to godlike, any type from scientific to mystic, as long as it gives some food for thought.
Discussion highly encouraged.

Here's a start:
Possibility Split:
The user can at any time make any number of mutually exclusive decisions simultaneously.
Doing so creates two (or more) different time lines. Each incarnation of the user has an intuitive understanding of the other's timelines, but can't physically interfere with them. The more timelines the user creates at once, and the longer he forces them to exist next to each other the faster his willpower depletes - eventually he is forced back into a singular time line, letting the others collapse. The two big advantages this brings are a) he retains the knowledge of the other timelines, and b) he has full control over which timeline is retained.
Retroactively creating new timelines is however impossible, the user needs to act use his ability with foresight.

Possible uses:
Gain knowledge in one timeline (say, flip up a girls skirt) and escape the consequences by retaining the timeline in which you were passive.
Dodge attacks in different directions, increasing your chance of succeeding in one of your timelines.
Work on numerous thought problems at the same time in different time lines and apply the solutions in a single one.

Other urls found in this thread:

parahumans.wordpress.com
scp-wiki.net/scp-248
scp-wiki.net/scp-914
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Talking to squirrels.

Not control over them, just the ability to communicate with them.

The ability to lay eggs that have items that exactly fit the context of the area you're in. Can do it 3 times a day.

Steal ideas from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter x Hunter

Alternate time powers can be really fun.
>Schrodinger's cat: The ability to undertake multiple different actions at once, such as swinging a sword from the left and the right at the same time, then 'collapse' all but one - in this case the attack that is blocked. Causes severe SAN loss to anybody affected for too long.
>Can revert own actions to 'store' them for later - walk to class one Saturday, revert the action (so you're back at home), then spend it the following day to go to school instantly.

Be able to absorb anything that isn't organic, practically deleting its existence, and being able to apply its abilities and adjectives on your body. Only works once, replacing that part of your body for another thing would override it and can no longer be used again

I don't get it.

It's the power to dissappear. You should consider it.

That's a very nice picture of John Cena you've got there, user.

parahumans.wordpress.com

>Possibility Split.

That is unnervingly simular to one of the powers seen in the link related.

How about the power to not get exhausted. Seems pretty under-rated to me.

I shouldn't be shocked that every idea worth thinking about someone has already had - thanks for the input!

The power to fill things. Fill your gas tank! Fill your fridge! Fill your coffee cup! Someone else's bladder!

Could you use this power to fill your mind with knowledge?

You're the best at counting shit
You are the top-dog at the accounting office
Countries around the world pay top dollar for you to handle the census for them
That's how good you are motherfucker

The ability to control color.

Like, you can take the green off of the grass, turning it grey, and slap that green onto something else.

Anything you turn grey becomes completely silent, like a really old silent film. That means you can make perfectly silent shoes, guns, and machinery. You can also make people mute by de-coloring them.

The ability to change the properties of something if you know an exact measurement of them. For instance, if you know a ruler is exactly 30cm, you could change it so that it's 40cm. If you know someone's heart is beating at exactly 96bpm, you could change it so it's flatlining. If you know someone is 190cm, you could make them 160cm.

I'm pretty sure Coil isn't really making new timelines. It's a Thinker power, he's running simulations in his head and then going through them on autopilot (same way Path to Victory autopilots the user's body, removing human error in carrying out the desired 'pat').

>super villain with the ability to turn people into manlets
>takes over the world by turning all men into manlets and being the only man capable of breeding

Fire control

Inner fire control - able to sap or inflame passions, but little-to-no control over what they're passionate about.
alternatively, the ability to exclusively control peoples' body heat via their metabolism.

Possessing the 110% efficiency sticker and the gear machine scps

scp-wiki.net/scp-248
scp-wiki.net/scp-914

The ability to stop time for as long as you want. You can interact with things, walk around, do whatever you want. You don't need to eat, drink, or sleep.
However, once you stop this ability everything you did reverts to what it was. You could've stabbed a person and when you start time again nothing changes. You could be a Continent away and you appear right back where you were.
Basically infinite mental prep time and ability to research anything for as long as you want.

Thoughts?

The ability to power up.
I mean full DBZ style, complete with flashy glow, high winds, and floating debris.
The longer it's used, the stronger (and more intimidating) it gets, even able to defeat opponents through sheer presence.
This offers no increased capability in any other way, and the effects are entirely negated once the 'aura' dies down.

Essentially giving King a 'real' power.

You'd probably need to know and change all their proportions or you end up with just a squished version of them.

Oh the gear one did this

Name:Dr. Church
Date:██/██/20██
Total items: 2 miniature figures from the genre Warhammer 40.

Input: One Imperial Guardsman
Setting: Rough
Total items: 1x inanimate Chaos Cultist

Input: One Basilsk with two Imperial Guardsman manning the artillery
Setting: Fine
Total items: One working miniature basilsk and two miniature guardsmen. Subjects were confused and dazed, but later started walking around and were capable of English speech.

Notes from Dr. Church: Yes I know I did this just because I like the genre and games, but the two Guardsmen are adapting well to the space I created for them on my desk. The artillery was also capable of firing shells that were attached to it. The basilisk is to be kept in the storage facility, and Special containment procedure for the two currently don't require special containment procedures.

What is a good system to do this? Make players create their custom powers

Risus with the evens up modifier

/d/ approves

i also approve of this power.

On a side note it could be deadly. Fill lungs with acid.
Fill blood with carbon monoxide.
And abusable.
Fill container with platinum.
Fill book with notes on future.
Fill container with pure plutonium. Critical mass size.
Fill body with void.

I had an idea for a similar one. You can basically perform any number of actions in a single moment and they all occur, but you suffer the effects of these actions all at once. So for example, if you choose to punch someone in both the head and the chest, but the punch to the head strikes some kind of armor or they block it with a weapon and your arm breaks, the other attack to the chest will be performed as though your arm had broken at the same time it had broken when you attacked their head.

This basically leads to scenarios where you can crunch multiple actions into a moment and do a lot of things at once, but because you don't know the outcome and effects of those actions you have to be careful with how many you use and how you use them. There are obviously useful ways to use it, but you have to be smart and be careful. For example, you could go to stab someone in the chest with your right hand, throw your knife up with that same hand, and catch it with that same hand again (all actions that occur simultaneously). The end result would be that they would try to block your hand that came at their chest with a knife, but the knife would've already gone to a different instance of your hand that is now above their head and ready to swing down.

I like the idea of a dual time-stop power with two modes.
>Halt
Stops times indefinitely, including for yourself. You can think freely during this time and are the only person conscious, but your body cannot move.
>Burst
You are able to stop time and move freely for a very limited time span, the time between uses is only a little longer though. (Not sure how long would be worth but 1 second every 4 seconds could be enough)

Not going hard enough.

Fill a dude with pic related

Having an infinite supply of bonk

The ability to manipulate the smell of your fart so that it could smell like flowers, delious food or to anything.

Hey Coil.

Too OP.

Full Stop

User can bring their body to a full stop at any time, causing anything they're holding to stop too.

Punch someone, full stop, punch again, repeat for fast punches. Amazing feints and juking.

Train barreling towards you at full speed? More like full stop am I right.

This would also allow you to basically restrain someone by simply touching them, of course the moment you let go they would run away.

>barefoot
>fullstop
>the earth stops rotating and revolving
>stops moving within the universe
>our entire solar system flies past the earth
way to fuck everything up

Complete control over boxes

Kronk?

Eh, FOOF is for edgy teens. Good old chlorine trifluoride is a mature adult's hypergolic super-oxidizer.

Or you could fill a dude with all different kinds of blood.

Internal clotting.

>standing for the anthem
>put right hand over heart
>activate accidentally
>heart stops

Wow great job

>implying you can't get yourself killed or destroy the earth easily with any other power

Probability manipulation.

Say you jump like an idiot, there is like a 100% chance you're going to fuck up and fall on your face, flip it so that you now have a 100% chance to do it.

Only a 25% chance to hit someone? BAM now it's 85%.

Possibilities are endless! Just don't fuck yourself over since the flipping goes both ways.

>Only a 25% chance to hit someone? BAM now it's 85%.
If I'm understanding this right you might want to check your math there.

Snakes refuse to attack you under any circumstance. You don't command them, you aren't snake-like, but your backpack full of throwing cobras will not backfire.

>100% chance to brush my teeth correctly
>stab myself in the neck with toothbrush
stop

>The user can at any time make any number of mutually exclusive decisions simultaneously.
Already done in Worm.

This could be hilariously good, you could create a huge amount of gold or explosives or whatever the fuck you wanted after a few days of measuring it depending on how precise these measurements have to be because there's no chance of this being useful if you need it down to nano meters or whatever

I have a 0% chance of spontaneously turning into dark matter lead and destroying the solar system. I have 0% chance of becoming God.

The more unconventional we get with these powers the more abusable they become.

Down to the nearist centa

Centimeter
Centigram
Centiliter

So forth

That sounds reasonable enough honestly, would you have to be holding the object or see it? You could take a small stone, put it inside a building and crush anyone who walks inside by enlarging it if you wanted to but this wouldn't be the case if you have to touch or even see it.

>"This bucket contains zero centimoles of sand grains."
Now he can shoot infinite amounts of sand out of a bucket.

What’s extremely worrying is that centajoules and centawatts exist.

You can create a center of rotation at a point of choice, the torque is proporional to force applied multiplied by time in contact with the point.

Use it to:
>Generate whirlwinds
>create makeshift buzzsaws or drills out of objects
>snap joints, necks and tear flesh
>master the spin and golden rotation

Couldn’t you spider man swing yourself with rotating points?

What's the most fucking stupid thing we could do with this power then lads? My first thought was that we can summon anything in thin air if we want to, let's say you need to get away somewhere you can say "there's 0cm cubed confetti in this room" and then just create a huge autistic smokescreen.

Pretty sure the fact we can create energy out of nothing already broke the power though, we're a walking power generator now or a walking anything generator I guess.

you can increase your blood flow to your heart's content

uses:
>you can eat whatever you want without worrying about cholesterol
>you can pump blood into muscles for some reason (I'm sure it has some uses)
>you can achieve full erection

The ability to temporarily stop anything from functioning by touching it.

The original pitch said:
>The ability to change the properties of something if you know an exact measurement of them.

So I think there has to be a "something" to change first. Something that there is 0 of is not actually something.

You could probably get away with having carefully measured containers of things though.

>there is 0 cg of antimatter in the atmosphere.
>There are now 2 tons of antimatter in the atmosphere

Or 179751036 MJ of energy.

Well, since measurement units are arbitrary in general, just say that you have the full control over zero centi-universes.

The ability to activate your almonds at will

see

wild talents

I have no fucking idea what Dark matter is after about 2 hours of youtubing, I also have no idea how we're managing to 'kind of' make some of it if anything that touches the shit annihilates it.
Pretty much all I understand is that we can make some pretty big bombs out of the shit.

Alright, so if we took a battery with a certain amount of energy in it and then multiplied it would we have some kind of bizarre hand grenade generation device or am I just a physicslet.

Could you kill people by touching them and stopping their heart or is it just machines and stuff like that?

Well we go, we can create an infinite amount of universes that we're omnipotent in now. I think we've done it.

Not OP, but I highly doubt it's the first time such a power has been thought of. Besides, it's a cool idea. Wasn't there a Nicholas Cage movie with a similar premise?

Oh yes, that movie was cool. What was its name?

I imagine latitude, longitude, and altitude count as measurements if you get them small enough. If you know the altitude of a certain surface, you know the altitude of anyone on it, so you can move them into the sky. You can also manipulate your own coordinates to move around freely.

I think it was called Next. It wasn't a very good movie from what I remember, but it had some neat ideas and his power in the movie was cool.

It was pic related, though his power wasn't all that similar to what OP described.

Overhaul's power is actually really fun, all tho pretty OP

I especially like how much he expands on a rather simple concept of it

I think the power, as the original user implied it, only REFILLS things. It wouldn't work unless there was already some acid in their lungs... Which I mean, biologically, yes there is a little bit. So...

Yeah, the author said they aren't actually making new timelines. It's just a simulation of the earths.

>Could you kill people by touching them and stopping their heart or is it just machines and stuff like that?
I'd say you could stop somebody's heart if you could directly touch it. Touching a person's skin would probably stop their nerves from functioning wherever you touched them, potentially hampering movement.

Also this fuck is crazy OP as well

He can freely float his own flesh around and any person he touches with it gets compressed into a meatball. It doesn't kill you, but no matter how strong you are or what you can do, you get meatballed.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[D 4 C]

And what is his quirk?

Spoilers for the latest chapter:

He can disable anything he touches and then assemble those things back, in a shape or arrangement of his choice.

Besides having a touch of death, he can also destroy terrain and then reassemble it into walls,spikes etc.

If he's injured but didn't loose a lot of parts he can reassemble himself back to health.

And if he did loose some blood or body parts, he's gonna take those from other people.

Aaand, if he feels really freaky tonight he'll just fuse himself with other bodies to get stronger, bigger and have more working hands to use his Quirk

Functionally, it was about the same. He was a clairvoyant who looked at the possible outcomes of any action he took and then chose whichever one would give him the best result.

Oh Snap! Everybody in the world started getting super powers!

Quick user, post your favorite rpg class and what season of the year were you born at and I'll post your very own, unique super power!

>Artificer/Engineer
>Summer

so I could fill your mum with my dick

That seems OP as fuck.

An ability that, while active, causes the force of an impact to be relative to how loud of a sound it makes upon impact. A dead blow hammer that strikes soft dirt would make hardly any impact, but a penny dropped on a pane of glass would smash right through.

[EX MACHINA]

With a touch and a voice command your are able to bring any mechanical or electrical device to life! They become fully sentient and gain personality, able to activate their own functions at will. They aren't your servants, but mostly inclined to do what you tell them.

Nice.

psion

Summer

Alchemist, Winter.
Bring it.

Cleric, Summer

[TRUTH OR DARE]

By asking somebody a question and activating your power you can force them into a game of truth or dare. After asking your question and telling the target the alternative "Dare" the target has 10 seconds to answer the question truthfully or be forced into doing whatever the dare that you forced upon them.

The dare can not contain the command to kill yourself but can have things that lead to that outcome.

Powers that are mechanics are always broader, always capable of bring abused, always open to a crapton of innovation because they are more vauge.

>Take two proposed capes.

one has the power to manipulate carbon, the other cape has the power to create gem spikes in his proximity.

You already know who has a more busted ability if they are being clever with their talents.

>TL;DR: Intentionally vague powers are easy to abuse. What a shocker.

Those are the most fun, but only if they're seemingly simple on the surface and get more busted as you think about them. Probability manipulation is stupid powerful just by looking at it, but causing things to spin less so until you start to think about what counts as an axis.

[MIMIC GOO]
Your lizard scale covered skin can emit thick bluish slime rapidly. After putting the slime onto any material, in a moment, the slime will become said material, melding perfectly with the object.
The new material will dissolve after 3 hours or at your mental command.

Also you have a lizard mouth

[ADRENALIN RUSH]
With an eye focus, you can "suck" Adrenalin from humans and "put" it into others. You can't suck or put so much that it kills the person but you can come pretty close

Miracle Pill

When a person holds an object, they can infuse it with a strand of reality, and alter themselves or limited aspects of the world around them after consuming the infused object. To do so, they must hold the object, and mention a keyword relevant to what benefit they want. These can include strength, focus, perception, slowed perceived time, and sickness.

Now for the guidelines.

The strength of the change depends on how much of the object is consumed. If someone infused a baguette with, “concentration,” and ate only half of the baguette, they would receive only half of the benefit, and though their concentration would improve, the improvement would not be much.

This is not a power that can be used at any time. The more times a person uses Miracle Pill in the same week, the benefit diminishes. Therefore, it’s best to space out when to utilize this ability.

It’s important to mention a time limit after the keyword. Benefits can be stronger or weaker, depending on how long or short the time span is. The shorter the time span, the stronger the benefit will be. Not mentioning the time span randomizes the strength of the power.

Finally, there are limits to which keywords can be used. You cannot ascend to godhood for instance. Keywords that can be utilized are slowly being discovered.

>Also you have a lizard mouth

GOD-DAMNIT
Atleast I can abuse this in multiple ways.