>i look--
>THIS IS THE ONLY WAY IN
>alright fine
>open door
>AHAHA IT WAS TRAPPED NOW YOU TAKE 5D20 OF EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE
>gotcha!

>not throwing something heavy into the door

I don't understand you have like

5 undying loli slaves with you at all times who could have done that shit for you

your gamemaster was testing you and you failed

Stop playing with shitty DMs.

>find building
>lie to your players that it's safe
>suddenly spawn high leveled rapists
>give vivid descriptions of how each & every one gets raped without even allowing them to roll to save
The only thing better is to rape those players personally yourself.

>Have a familiar/ animal companion/ hireling open the door instead
>Use ranged magic to blast open the door
>Throw a giant rock at the door
>DISARM THE OBVIOUSLY TRAPPED DOOR!
>Hire a giant to smash the whole house
>Magic an earthquake
>Leave
There are a plethora of alternative options.

So something that never happens?

sorry that didn't work

Are you still mad?

There is no way turning 360 degrees and walking away doesn't work.

sorry the other way is block by 50 level 20 dragons. Same goes for east and west, and ur mother and father are trapped inside nad will die if you don't do anything.

but yeah good point.

Immediate Empathic Transfer (Hostile). I transfer the damage to the door and heal myself for the same. The door exploding deals damage to the door.

NO WEAKNESS!

Turning 3360 degrees just leaves you staring at the door again.

I don't miss my early tabletop games

> 3360 degree turn

Are you sure about that? Are you sure thats a THING, user?

>Not offering them food and drinks
>Not drugging them with their food and drinks
>Not dragging them to your sex dungeon and having your way with them
Makes me moist just thinking about it.

actually 3360 degrees makes a 30% alteration to the right after everything is said and done.

I sprinkle some gold outside the door and tell the dragons there is a vast treasure inside. Dragons are greedy, so they will rush in without thinking, triggering the trap.

>look for something heavy
>there's nothing there
>your character is alone
>on a featureless white plane
>with one featureless square box
>attached to one featureless industructable door
>the door represents life
>the character a vessel
>the room represents death
>the trap represents a trial

Have you tried not playing with that DM?

>do all that
>the front door is locked
>"guess you'll have to look for another way in!"

Has anyone actually molested or been molested by a DM before?

No, want to?

We had a story in our local boardgame store that a certain guy who would always come in wearing t shirt with creepy furry webcomic stuff on them would have tried to molest a few younger players but he always denied it and nothing was ever proven

it was probably a rumor helped along by his rapey face and creepy t-shirts

Protip - when you trigger a trap it's not because the gm "got" you, it's not really a trap or a puzzle or anything. It's just there to transition you into the "dangerous area" mindset, so that when random encounters happen you're expecting them rather than being out of truly nowhere

Also
>using d20's for damage

Yes.

Hi DM I didn't know you browsed Veeky Forums

You didn't have a 10' pole?

wat

What the Hell kind of adventurer doesn't have 50 feet of rope to tie to doors and pull them open for this exact purpose?

>the door opens inwards

Pull the damn thing off its hinges, then.

>not using your standard issue 10 foot pole

>All that
>Just going in
Obviously get a hireling or something to open it for you
Entirely the players fault imo

>not trying to dig under the walls
>not trying to see whether the building has a chimney
>not trying to cut your way through a wall
>not trying to blow up the door
>not trying to disintegrate the door
>not trying to push the door open with 10 foot pole
>not trying to pull the door open with 60 foot rope
>not using some expendable summon or hired helper to open the door
>not sacrificing a virgin to the door in hopes of trying to satisfy its thirst for blood

I actually got kicked from a game once for asking my familiar to scout the path ahead.

Yes, but it was sadly one of my better experiences as a player.

>the trap has a 11' blast radius

That actually depends on whether you're turning clockwise or counterclockwise.

Well played trap-maker

>Have to obtain a golden girdle as a quest for our adventurer guild so that it can rise in prestige and wealth
>Encounter our party rival, a crass fighter noble from the far off desert kingdoms with the girdle, during a public forum where he announces to everyone in broken common that he's going to use his deadly "Camel Style" of fighting to grapple us, fuck us in the ass, and humble us
>Whole event gets interrupted by the BBEG, a rich lich with his own adventurer guild who says we're all faggots for not having big body builder physiques
>His alchemist assistant traps us all within a confined square area and calls us a little band of gnomes that won't draw a copper coin
>Have to face off against our rival under cursed circumstances where due to rich lich enchantment, only non-lethal damage actually causes any harm
>It's a hell of a fight that not all of us make it through conscious, and we only manage to win by holding our rival in a grapple against the ground for three turns causing him to pass out
>We're all beaten and bloody but scraped together a victory, to the cheers and support of the onlooking crowd
>Well, most of the crowd. A troll fellow in the audience keeps mistaking our names for "Mark" and calling us bird brained nincompoop simpletons, and saying we were tricked into a rigged scenario
>Whatever, we won, right? Those of us not downed struggle to stand together and lift the golden girdle on high and proclaim our victory
>The lich interrupts us though, says it's not over yet and unveils his secret weapon
>The primier member of his guild, a "Real" citizen of the nation so beloved by the people, and a paladin to boot with a barbarian level or two. He shouts to ask us what we're going to do when he rages on us, before ripping off his armor and running down to jump in the square

It all came crashing down and it hurt inside.

This thread is making me want to play a character with a pathological inability to use doors, or at least front doors. Every room and every building must be either accessed through a window, the ceiling, digging under the wall, Kool aid Manning, wasting a spell on teleporting, or at the least going through the side/back door, no matter how tedious or impractical.

He just needs a name.

Dorian Hayter

>He doesn't sacrifice virgins to doors.

What a fucking casual.

Back to /asp/ with you.