Warhammer 40,000 General /88lb/

Burger measurements edition

Glorious Tyranid News
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=CAL4WMpBNs0&feature=youtu.be

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

first for nids

How good are Kataphron Destroyers? Feel like my two Kastelans would be much improved with an Elimination Volley, but I'd rather not waste 220pts on some Breacher-style popguns or paper bags just to get +1BS on two bloops. They kill anything nice?

I do know I'm going to have to go all out on the screening units when I fight Nids now, holy shit that's a lot of movement abilities. Lackluster shooting, but then again they can double up on it and get free better Dunestrider on all Infantry. Can't afford to Suicide Infiltrate a load of electros unless I can stretch them across all the Infestation Nodes and pop some Stealers for free or something.

Does that "add 2d6 to move instead of following the usual rules for advancing" mean they can then still charge? Because that way they could move, move 2d6 and then charge with Extended Cara Genestealers for 1CP, which seems nuts.

Nth for marines STILL have bullshit hardcounter to tyranids everywhere in there army

Also swarmlord and carnifexes seem not great still, strange that. And thanks to user infodump from last thread

>Nth for marines STILL have bullshit hardcounter to tyranids everywhere in there army
>Also swarmlord and carnifexes seem not great still, strange that. And thanks to user infodump from last thread
what the fuck are you on?

>All these nid changes

Some interesting colours, google was right for hydra and gorgon

Huh, so I've accidentally been collecting a hydra swarm all these years.

Still going to run mine as Behemoth.

The actual fucking image didn't load

>they are so adaptable they adapted the colour scheme of another fleet to confuse the enemy
fluffy desu senpai

I actually like gorgon. It looks nice

I bring four plasma ones along to almost every game, 1CP and both they and my kastellans hit better, and with dominus range and no threat of overheating they pack a serious punch. Always enough to kill those medium-toughness vehicles or TEQ/Ogryn multiwound units leaving dunecralwers and kastellans to focus on other stuff

my dudes > your dudes

Yeah I like Gorgon too although hydra looks nice, they also showed a bunch of other alternative colours

How do nids filter out Chaos taint?

>NOTHING IN CANON SAYS NIDS CAN ADAPT TO CHAOS
>yea but it's pretty clear from what we've seen of this new Hive Fleet that this is not the case any longer
>SO WHAT YOU MORONIC IDIOT IT DOESN'T EXIST UNTIL GW SAYS SO

Grav destroyers aren't the auto-pick that they used to be, they were the unit hit hardest by the grav nerf, literally a unit designed around a gun.
Plasma destroyers are just too risky, multi shot plasma on a multiwound expensive model that dies instantly if you roll a 1. Requires magos babysitting.

If you want to take them, take grav, they can still do some dirty work on elite units like termies and even a lucky shot against armour.

Where are these from?

The community site over facebook

>swarmlord can't kill a fucking rhino, let alone serious tanks, dreadnoughts, or anything tough in melee
>carnifexes are either S6 and hit on 4s or S12 and hit on 5s
>marines can hard-counter gaunts with assault Cannons, big bugs with heavy guns, and inbetween with all the BS S8 D3 stuff they have
High on sad truth

I just finished some Raptors.

What are you working on?

>you will never hold magnus in your arms and kiss him telling him that he will always be your favourite son

;_;

>Adapt to Chaos by bitching out and having to shoot at them from far away

Sad desu.

>swarmlord can't kill a fucking rhino, let alone serious tanks, dreadnoughts, or anything tough in melee
It has 6 S8 D3 attacks, it can potentially solo a Knight in one turn, let alone a rhino.

From the last thread: That was a lot of responses.

Still, I wish there was more ability to interact with your opponent's stratagems, be it stealing them, subverting them (turning a + into a -), reflecting them, temporarily disabling them, etc. As it stands, they either are "one reroll" for index armies, or "frontload damage bonuses" but they exist in their own vacuum of canned combos.

Isn't EV 2 Command Points? Still, good to hear. I was planning on running three with plasma and flamer and incorporating them into the wall of battle with the Skitarii for the first turn or two, because if anyone wants to charge 6d6 pick 3 flamer hits + primary dakka with infantry they're welcome to. Kinda lacking in AT other than two Neutronagers so the extra S8 D2 is helpful.

If you can get the Plasma a +1 then it can't overheat, which helps a bit. I guess I can mount some arm magnets and have the primary weapons swappable.

Doing some kreigers for a friend

Forgot the pic. But I did get a chuckle from "fucking terrifying" from you all.

Need to finish up one last beep boop for my AdMech. Probably gonna painted it mostly metallic with it's shoulder pads and head yellow to significant it's ForgeWorld. fuck yellow
I think it's appropriate. "How do we deal with these mutated freaks?" "Lets just gun them down and darken the shadow further to cut off reinforcements".

>marines can hard-counter gaunts with assault Cannons, big bugs with heavy guns, and inbetween with all the BS S8 D3 stuff they have
An ass cannon kills 3.333.... gaunts per turn. that is not at all a hard counter. And no shit heavy guns kill big things, that's the fucking point of them. And nid heavy guns can kill marine big things. Amazing how that works

Destroyers for me are super hit and miss. Either they don't wound anything at all or they wound the Rhino, roll 3 6's and detonate it, killing half the marines inside.

For fun I'd say take them, for serious games leave them out because Dunestriders or even Destroyers do their job 100* better. But in casual matches, bursting transports when you roll good is so satisfying.

Our anti horde is pretty good honestly, Taser goad infiltrators, destroyers with plasma and cognis flamethrowers, Kastellans with the 18 shot phosphor bullshit etc. Even rangers inside rapid fire range do a good job at fucking stuff up, Vanguard are also fantastic with their 3 shots.

I don't play vs Nids often but we have ways to deal with them for sure, pop the big bugs with dunecrawlers and heal them up with our HQs and then just use the rest of your bubblewrap to chew through their shitty horde units.

>solo a knight
No, he ain't that good. At max he does 18 wounds, and the knight has 27 or something.

He's definently good at popping vehicles like rhinos, dreadnoughts and stuff like that, though.

His attacks do an extra mortal wound on 6s, 24 wounds (what a knight has) is unlikely, but possible.

The flamers only help if they are charging from within range of them remember. I prefer phosphor so that they are fully effective from the start of the game. Can never have too much mid strength shots with AP

you're literally beyond shit at this game if you think nids aren't going to be viable competitively at the BARE MINIMUM.

get the fuck off this website and sell your army to someone more deserving, you shouldn't have those bugs.

I'm gonna miss d6 damage. With his warlord trait to reroll that'd be nice.

Fluff pages? Especially on Hive Fleet Kronos?

took some whole army pictures while my minis were off the shelf,
i like your pink

I am so happy I picked Gorgon. I fucking love that scheme.

Huh, so it is true what they say about nids

what the fuck is the point in npc factions getting a buff like this? its fucking stupid and now these niggers are going to shit up tournaments

thanks gw you are so amazing! cunts

slowly repainting my Custodes as 30k Warders of Rython.

we know they've adapted to live near the great scar thats cut the galaxy in half, and that they've got their shadow in the warp is described as overpowering.

this should be good. can't wait for carnac to find out.

I can't help but feel like Maleceptors won't be as mediocre as people think. The Psychic Overload is still pretty awful, but it's got the D6 damage scything talons, Scream and Catalyst, and Smite. A 4++ and 5+ FnP on T7 and 12W will be very durable and it can deal with being locked into a chaff unit because he's still throwing Psychic powers around.

Did you make a base for each little ripper? I can't imagine doing that.

its pretty good yeah, not gamebreaking but effective.

Cognis flamers will still drop a big fat nasty turd on pretty much any Tyranid infantry that tries to charge them, Genestealers won't even bother to for how costly it would be.

SOME ONE TELL ME

DID OLD ONE EYE GO DOWN TO 9 WOUNDS

yes

Well shit this works out really well. I already had my GSC painted in the Kronos color scheme and had fluffed it out to be a psychically strong fleet. Guess I'll just roll with Kronos for my Nids. I'll let me cult handle any melee and the nids will provide the bio-plasma.
Thats adorable user.

Private Timmy did combat drugs once. Now he's jumping out of Valks and dropkicking heretics.

Ya I imagine it'll be fine. I'm probably gonna bring one just for fluff and the fact I love the model.

Proof?

By ignoring inferior bio crap made out of chaos.

This post will trigger Carnac and will boost Carnid

Why? You take three swarms and Bam now you have 9.

Seems reasonable to me. In tourneys and stuff I'm probably going to go full MechaREEEE and run 40 Fulgurites and Melee Magos with Dragoon support, plus Dunecrawlers, Sniper Rangers and whatever troops I need to slice out the dangerous stuff from range before starting the butchery. I can see the Elimination Maniple thing being useful there for blowing away infantry packs protecting larger units, although I might be better suited just bringing four bots instead of bots+Katas there. Nobody expects an entire Admech army to materialize on top of them, take some 3" charges into dedicated melee and wreck the whole thing. It may be suboptimal statistically but maybe I can pull the whole "rogue deck" thing because everyone thinks they know how Admech works.

>Hydra is blue

What has Alpharius been up to?

Those are some sexy bugs, user. Mad respect. I hope one day, my bugs will also be completely painted and look as awesome as yours

back in the day i didnt have many models for them so i just glued 1 per base, might be smart to snip them off and make 3 bases of 5 because i rarely run more than 3 anyway.

London or fag?

They're immune, because the Tyranid lore is retarded. Every other faction has strengths and weaknesses while the Tyranids just handwave everything.

You mean Kronos actually adapted to deal with daemons?

Imagine that.

He hasn't been up to anything

They said so on the stream

It's the "moronic idiot" that always gets me. Like his natural instinct is to scream DUMB POOPYFACE but then reminds himself that he's trying to sound smart.

Can someone explain Psychic Barrage to me, you need at least 9 Zoanthropes to activate it? and They all need to see it and it has to be within 18"? and then you have to work out a bunch of stupid shit to do a shitload of mortal wounds?

did i get it right?

Yes. And if your opponent kills a single zoanthrope, you can no longer use that ability.

>London
a truly esoteric meme

Basically yeah.
Its not that complicated, just wordy.

What if Alpharius is the hive mind?

Or just run units of 4+ if you intend to use that stratagem

It's the Nid version of the three Vindicators Stratagem.

What did you highlight the (Mournfang?) Brown with? Having some trouble doing proper leather pouches for my Rusties, as well as getting wood effects on all those fiddly rifles. Still new to all this.
What paints do people usually use on Ranger and Vanguard guns? The starter painting set brown is a little boring and I'd like to do brass fittings and trim but I'm not sure how.

Swarmlord does average 8.7 out of 10 wounds to a Rhino in one round of combat. Add the MW on 6s he now gets and it's dead. Shame he now deals D3 instead of Dd6 though.

Yeah, you need 3 groups of at least 3 Zoanthropes within 18" of one another, then target a point on the field, then every unit (so this is your anti bubble wrap, horde, and well, it's a 3" template weapon of mortal wounds man, get a 3" radius template for it). On a 4+ it does 3d3 mortal wounds to the unit, +1 to the roll if the unit has 10+ models, -1 if it is a character (so 3+ for 10+ models, 5+ for characters). You should get an average of 6 mortal wounds out of it. Slap a Malenthrope near them and that juicy +1 armor save hive fleet trait and watch as you snipe models.

What's funny is that it sounds like Kronos came to the same conclusion that the Tyranids at Shadowbrink did: long range fighting is the best offense against daemons.

>Emotionless Clarity
>Models in friendly GRAIA units within 6" of your Warlord can shoot with Assault and Rapid Fire weapons even if there are enemy units within 1" of their own unit, but only if they target the closest enemy unit. In such circumstances, the model can shoot even if other friendly units are within 1" of the same unit.

If I have a unit of Skitarii in combat and a unit of Kataphrons within 6" of my warlord, can I use them to shoot the unit the Skitarii are in combat with, or is that not how this rule works?

>Every other faction has strengths and weaknesses while the Tyranids just handwave everything.
I think you mean Chaos.

>Muh infinite armies
>Muh just as planned
>We never lose because even when our forces are slaughtered it doesn't matter because muh secret objective
>We won everything forever 10,000 years ago! Nothing means anything!
>Every Black Crusade was a total success it's just no one noticed!
And they also project a retard field that makes other factions act obviously against their best interest - billions of Necrons should have swarmed Cadia when the pylons began to weaken and every dynasty should erecting new ones but obviously they're too stupid for that because reasons.

Hope you're right. I suppose Psychic Overload can be worth it if you're against super MSU armies in close range.

Just change units to models in Psychic Overload and we're set

what a nice thing to say, thank you im honored.
have fun painting

Yeah but then you've spent 480 points on fucking Zoanthropes.

needs more googly eyes.

First for the death guard. Bow before nurgle for this thread is his.

>DON'T RUN AWAY AND SHOOT ME BUGFAGS GET INTO GLORIOUS MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Kataphrons would also need to be in combat with them because of "In such circumstances."

The trick is to deep strike your zoanthropes.

You can fire in combat.

>units may shoot if they are within 1" of an enemy model, but at the closest unit, and can ignore friendly units in combat.
Everything is allowed only if the shooting unit is within 1"

Just read the bloody rule user, it allows the unit that is in combat to fire at their enemy if your warlord is within 6". The second part of the rule just means that if there are multiple friendly units in the combat, they can still fire.

If the kataphrons were also in the combat, then they could both fire.

Why do Nidfags get so salty when people point out how boring their army is fluff-wise.

At that point you're better off just casting smite and getting bonus mortal wounds off warp blast

And you can shit out heaps of functionally sniping mortal wounds into multiple units.

>TFW when you finally get into melee with the accursed bugs
>TFW it turns out their blood is acid

Nobody said that. Nice try.

What's been said that Tyranids cannot adapt against the Necrons.

Because we don't believe the army is boring. It's like if some retard stormed an elementary school and started shooting that 2+2=dicks. You're wrong, now fuck off retard.

>Tyranids are a melee race
>avoid engaging daemons at melee

Justify this.

he baited you, don't continue

>London or fag?
okay
i'll say it
what the fuck is this "London" thing about?

Obvious. They aren't melee only. They are

ADAPTABLE
D
A
P
T
A
B
L
E

Nids literally have their guns as part of their body, how are they a melee race?

What's the best color for Krieg regiments ?
Green ? Dark Grey ? Blueish grey ?