Dragon Powers Distilled

I am running a game where I've done a good job of misleading the players into thinking I'm ripping off the McGuffin from one source (which I won't share as they frequent Veeky Forums) when I'm really ripping off pic related.

I am reluctant to put the PCs in the same room as that much power and rather than fiat the villains getting away with most of them, I figured I could adjust the talismans to not be as powerful or numerous.
Which begs the question:

What would a dragon's power distilled into talismans result in?

Probably some huge fuck-off egg or some shit. Depending on the setting of course; a dragon's distilled power could be anything up to and including the world upon which the party stands, in the case of Eberron

>flight
>(insert element) resistance
>natural damage resistance
>increased magic ability
>ability to fuck anything

Looks like the 12 Orbs of Dragonkind to me.

>Probably some huge fuck-off egg or some shit.
I wanted to keep the same form.

>Depending on the setting of course
Yeah, I meant to mention that.
It's effectively Not!Forgotten Realms.

The dragon is about mid-level, definitely more than a big lizard, but not a worldshaker either.
Shendu was a good match, really.

Depends on the dragon, right? Shendu was a demon sorcerer more than just a dragon, so he had all those magic powers. An animalistic dragon might only have something like:
>fire breath
>super strength
>flight
>scaly armor
or you could have a dragon that has some kind of magically boosted wisdom/intelligence, or even some kind of eldritch control of reality. Who or what is the dragon in question, and what are they normally capable of doing?

>>flight
>>(insert element) resistance
>>natural damage resistance
Badass, simple, I like it.

>>increased magic ability
Touch vague but fits

>>ability to fuck anything
Oh you.

>ability to sleep for hundreds of years

If memory serves both Shendu's dragon-ness and his demon sorcerer-ness were relevant. He was THE big-shot dragon that got the dragon zodiac power, then he used his demon magic to steal the zodiac powers from the other twelve big-shot animals to become even stronger.

And I think he also stole power from an Oni to command the Shadowkhan.

Dude basically took power from wherever he could find it to be the strongest motherfucker around.

>Elemental Power(Weather manipulation if you're going with chinese)
>Flight
>Dragon armor
>Super Strenght
>Super Speed(maybe)
>Astral Projection(if you're going chinese)
>Shapeshifting

>Who or what is the dragon in question, and what are they normally capable of doing?
"Dragon Sorcerer" is an apt description.
Former BBEG of long ago, once raised an army to take over largest kingdom at the time, bigger fish have come along since.
Not the biggest, scariest thing around, but could impersonate a god without batting a dragonic eyelash.

>>fire breath
>>super strength
>>flight
>>scaly armor
These semester pretty standard too.
Scaly armor resisting natural damage makes sense

Nah man, make it a huge stone eggshell. If someone assembles all the pieces correctly and gets inside, their true purpose is revealed.

Well lets go down the list of Talismans and see which ones you can just ignore, I feel like that'd be easier.
Personally to me keep these:
>Strength
>Speed
>Combustion
>Telekinesis
>Invisibility
>Shapeshifting
>Animation
>Healing

Get rid of these
>Astral Projection
>Heat Vision
>Immortality
>Invincibility
>Balance

How's about you read the DMG's Dragon Ecology Articles, Dragonlance, and the fuckign Draconomicon?

There's so much on Dragons in D&D it's meaningless to talk about them in the same manner as it is to discuss FR, which is 400+ Books, not including splat for 1-3.5, and of course the games and Ed's Candlekeep forum posts.

Why do you hate discussion, user?

>Nah man, make it a huge stone eggshell. If someone assembles all the pieces correctly and gets inside, their true purpose is revealed.
This just made me think of that thing Vader was in.
Kinda creepy.

>>ability to fuck anything
Funny you should say that, a dragon granted my druid pretty much that exact wish. In a few hundred years all the beasts and monsters in the campaign setting will be my descendants.

Will the other demons and/or oni make an appearance in your campaign, OP?

Not until after the dragon reveal.
Afterwards, we'll see where things go.
I don't like to plot out campaigns too far in advance.

Okay.
So we have:

>Definite Powers:
>Flight [wings?]
>Natural Damage Resistance Scale Armor
>Super Strength
>Elemental Power: Breath Weapon (Fire) [others?]
>Super Speed
>Shapeshifting
>Healing

>Possible Powers
>Elemental Resistance